Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? (21168 Views)

Extreme Wife's Submission To Her Husband According To The New Covenant. / Mary Is The Ark Of The New Covenant / Grace Is Our Teacher, Not The Ten Commandments - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Ken4Christ: 5:50pm On Feb 18, 2017
The New Covenant first fulfilled the 10 Commandments and after that abolished it for a superior way of life - Grace.

To fulfill means to meet its righteous requirements. Jesus took our sins and gave us his righteousness. The nature of this new life is Love. When you walk in love, you will not steal, you will not kill and you will not commit adultery.

Romans 13:9-10.

9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Concerning the concept of sin. Under the Law, sin is the transgression of the Law.

Under the New Covenant, sin is disobedience. Disobedience to the teachings of our Lord Jesus and his Apostles. These are the instructions we live by in the New Testament.

For instance, our Lord Jesus said, forgive when you stand praying. If you don't forgive, you have sinned.

There are several verses that warns us not to fornicate. If you fornicate, you have sinned.

Hebrews 10:25 says we should not forsake the assembly of the saints together. So, if you choose to stay at home when you are supposed to be in Church, you have sinned.

So, the concept of sin under the Law and under the New Testament is not the same.

Besides, the new covenant places a higher standard of righteousness. For example, you have to literally kill under the Law to be a murderer. But under the new covenant, hatred for your brother makes you a murderer.

You have to sleep with a married woman to be called an adulterer, but under the new covenant, when you lust after a woman, you have committed adultery.

The law and grace are two mutually exclusive events. In just the same way you can't have head and tail at the same time, grace and Law cannot exist together.
This is what Paul meant when he said,

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

If we argue that the 10 Commandments is still in force, what about the Law of Sabbath?

Apostle Paul said no one should judge us based on keeping the Sabbath days confirming the Law and commandments have been abolished;

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days.

Please use Scriptures from the New Testament to present your contrary understanding to my submission in this article.

God bless you all.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Splinz(m): 6:08pm On Feb 18, 2017
petra1:

The site is quiet enlightening. I want to ask , Is pastor Dough a Pentecostal minister or Adventist. Also what's his opinion on sabbath . I couldn't get the details

I don't think you need anyone's opinion before obeying God. I mean, the Bible is there for you bro.

The thing is, people don't question why they believe what they do, they don't seek for proofs but simply follow the crowd.

Take for instance, the changing of the true Sabbath day to Sunday by those who called themselves Christians. Who authorized the change- God? What is the origin and history of Sunday observance by the churches of the world?

These are what you need to know, and then decide who to obey. Whether God or man.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:44pm On Feb 18, 2017
Goshen360:

You're blessed sir. I now understand that your favorite verse sooo well now.....he that is born of God cannot sin. Definitely, the Apostle by the Spirit knows what he's saying to the church. We'll break bread together soon, God willing.
I guess i'll be reading another OSAS thread soon.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:10pm On Feb 18, 2017
petra1:

The site is quiet enlightening. I want to ask , Is pastor Dough a Pentecostal minister or Adventist. Also what's his opinion on sabbath . I couldn't get the details

He is an Adventist. You can see that all the Bible verses were touched or highlighted in the course of making an argument for the law.
Thats how we are supposed to read and understand the Bible.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:13pm On Feb 18, 2017
Splinz:

I don't think you need anyone's opinion before obeying God. I mean, the Bible is there for you bro.

The thing is, people don't question why they believe what they do, they don't seek for proofs but simply follow the crowd.

Take for instance, the changing of the true Sabbath day to Sunday by those who called themselves Christians. Who authorized the change- God? What is the origin and history of Sunday observance by the churches of the world?

These are what you need to know, and then decide who to obey. Whether God or man.

True Bro

It true as long as my pastor says so not what the Bible says,this is the mentality that is destorying the church.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:17pm On Feb 18, 2017
Ken4Christ:
The New Covenant first fulfilled the 10 Commandments and after that abolished it for a superior way of life - Grace.

To fulfill means to meet its righteous requirements. Jesus took our sins and gave us his righteousness. The nature of this new life is Love. When you walk in love, you will not steal, you will not kill and you will not commit adultery.

9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Concerning the concept of sin. Under the Law, sin is the transgression of the Law.

Under the New Covenant, sin is disobedience. Disobedience to the teachings of our Lord Jesus and his Apostles. These are the instructions we live by in the New Testament.

For instance, our Lord Jesus said, forgive when you stand praying. If you don't forgive, you have sinned.

There are several verses that warns us not to fornicate. If you fornicate, you have sinned.

Hebrews 10:25 says we should not forsake the assembly of the saints together. So, if you choose to stay at home when you are supposed to be in Church, you have sinned.

So, the concept of sin under the Law and under the New Testament is not the same.

Besides, the new covenant places a higher standard of righteousness. For example, you have to literally kill under the Law to be a murderer. But under the new covenant, hatred for your brother makes you a murderer.

You have to sleep with a married woman to be called an adulterer, but under the new covenant, when you lust after a woman, you have committed adultery.

The law and grace are two mutually exclusive events. In just the same way you can't have head and tail at the same time, grace and Law cannot exist together.

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

If we argue that the 10 Commandments is still in force, what about the Law of Sabbath?

Apostle Paul said no one should judge us based on keeping the Sabbath days confirming the Law and commandments have been abolished;

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days.

Please use Scriptures from the New Testament to present your contrary understanding to my submission in this article.

God bless you all.

You just murdered the Scriptures. wat an Error.
Explain to me why Paul said we should Establish the law.

Romans 3:31
Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:22pm On Feb 18, 2017
Ken4Christ:

God bless you all.

People misunderstand this Bible verse ,we are
not under the law but grace.they conclude that
the law has been done away with. But this is
misinterpretation of the Bible.
First what is under:under means to govern,manage,authority,been subjected to.
The Bible defines Sin as the breaking of the
law.James2:9-12 And the wages of Sin(breaking of the law is death) Romans6:23
Been under the law means been subjected to the consquences or influence or authority of the law.which means anyone who breaks the law was subjected to death penatly. as shown by this Bible verses Deuteronomy 13:6, 10;
21:18, 21; 22: 21-28, and all of Leviticus 20,you will read there are whole series of injunctions concerning the putting to death of persons who were idolaters, who were rebellious to their parents, who committed adultery or were guilty of incest, who cursed father or mother -- in fact, who violated any part of the moral code. Indeed, someone has estimated that no less than nine of the Ten Commandments are specifically mentioned in connection with the penalty of death for their violation.
Grace:grace means to pardon,to show
kindness,to forebear.
When Jesus died. he fulfilled the requirements of the law by dieing in our place ,through his death we obtained mercy.
Thats we are now nolonger subjected to death
penalty as prescribed by the law, but we are now pardoned and given a second chance .but We are not given mercy that we should continue in Sin. (breaking the law) no but we should live in accordance to the law as people who have obtained mercy.Romans6:1-2, 14:15
An example of Law and grace is found in
John8:1-12.
When people brought and adultress woman to
Jesus, and asked him to permit them to stone her to death according to the law. Jesus wrote with his finger on the ground, and when they persisted Jesus said to them. He without sin should cast the first stone. they all left one after the other,
Then Jesus lookup and asked the woman.where is your accusers and the woman said they have gone. Jesus said to her i don't condem you go and sin no more( do not break the law again) this is a. typical example of grace at work.without grace the woman was supposed to die by stoning but Jesus offered her and all of us Grace(pardon,second chance). Now observe the law remains the same becos it is the law only that can point out sin ,Romans 4:15 and Romans 5:13.
What changed was the dispensation of Justice
instead of sinners been put to death immediately.
We have now obtained grace or pardon.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:37pm On Feb 18, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Moses' Teachings couldn't accomplish everything that God required.
But we have something else that gives us greater confidence and allows us to approach God

- Hebrews 7:19

For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ
- John 1:17

Certainly, sin shouldn't have power over you
because you're not controlled by laws (i.e. for you not under The Written Law) but by God's favor.

- Romans 6:14

Certainly, there is a curse on all who rely on their own efforts to live according to a set of standards because Scripture says,
"Whoever doesn't obey EVERYTHING that is written in Moses' Teachings is cursed."

- Galatians 3:10

For whoever keeps the whole Written Law and slips in one thing, he is condemned by the entire Law
- James 2:10

But now we have died to those laws that bound us
(i.e. we have been released or exempted from The Written Law)
God has broken their effect on us
so that we are serving in a new spiritual way, not in an old way dictated by written words
(i.e. the Old Order Scriptures)

- Romans 7:6

So Christ has truly set us free.
Now make sure that you stay free, and don't get tied up again in slavery to the law.

- Galatians 5:1

Another good read is Romans 8:1-6

What you, called, bible skills that got you laughing, actually is, 2 Timothy 2:15 in action,
an approved & unashamed workman rightly dividing the word of truth

#5 What is the law of gravity, what does it do and/or what is it all about?
#6 What is the law of aerodynamics, what does it do and/or what is it all about?
#7 Does the law of gravity produce any effect whilst the law of aerodynamics is being made use of?
What's your response going to be? No or Yes?

Why are you so petrified of answering questions #5 - #7 above reproduced?

It is a pitiable spectacle watching you repeatedly avoid answering questions #5 - #7
and watch your dire cringeworthy performance of needing somebody's else website to speak up for you

You just have to man up men. Talk to me yourself and dont palm me off to Doug
My discourse is with you blueAgent and not with Doug
nor his amazingfacts website

Tbh, you know that, if you answer questions #5 - #7 it would dispel the myth you've entertained

Also, I suspect you're a closet Seventh Day Adventist
and that's another reason why are steering away from answering questions
#5 - #7

You're chickening out from giving the correct responses to questions #5 - #7,
all because you're afraid your answers will shatter your illusion that the Ten Commandments cant be cancelled out or be rendered inoperative

You should have been a muslim, rather than spoil christainity.

Wats has gravity and areodynamics has to do with the 10Laws of God?
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:38pm On Feb 18, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Nobody in the new testament claims the old law must be obeyed by xtians. instead it says it was fulfilled, abolished, became obsolate and now we are under sumtin james calls the law of liberty.

Wat is the law of liberty? and which laws are the components of the law of liberty?
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:47pm On Feb 18, 2017
Ubenedictus:
God hates teaching heresy esp when it is the old law.

I laugh at you.

I guess you have not read this Bible verses?

the same Ark of Convanent that contained the old law was seen by John, Exodus 40:20 which he saw and recorded in the Book of Revelation showing that the Law was still valid.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:50pm On Feb 18, 2017
Ubenedictus:
thank God he said by the law of liberty not the old law

Abeg let us now establish the law. What is the purpose of the old law? We all know it wasnt to make men righteous. So what was its purpose?

By the law is the knowledge of sin." Romans
3:20. "I had not known sin, but by the law: for
I had not known lust, except the law had said,
Thou shalt not covet." Romans 7:7.
B. To show me the difference between right
and wrong.
God's law is like a mirror (James 1:23-25). It
points out wrongdoing in my life as a mirror
points out dirt on my face. The only possible way for a person to know if he is sinning is for him to carefully check his life by the mirror of God's law. Hope for this mixed-up, sinking generation is found in God's Ten Commandment law. It tells where to draw the line! "And the Lord commanded us to do all these statutes [commandments] ... for our good always." Deuteronomy 6:24. "Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect unto thy statutes continually. Thou hast trodden down all them that err from thy
statutes." Psalms 119:117, 118.
C. To protect me from danger and tragedy.
God's law is like a strong cage at the zoo, which protects us from fierce, destructive animals. It protects us from impurity, falsehood, murder, idolatry, theft, and many other evils that destroy life, peace, and happiness. All good laws protect, and God's law is no exception.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:52pm On Feb 18, 2017
sonmvayina:

well, you just have to accept the fact that some people see the bible just the way they see Harry potter and the chambers of secret(my favorite)....a story book.

You sound like an Atheists.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:30pm On Feb 18, 2017
blueAgent:

Wat is the law of liberty? and which laws are the components of the law of liberty?
The law of christ, the law of love and ultimately grace.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:32pm On Feb 18, 2017
blueAgent:

I laugh at you.

I guess you have not read this Bible verses?

the same Ark of Convanent that contained the old law was seen by John, Exodus 40:20 which he saw and recorded in the Book of Revelation showing that the Law was still valid.
hehehe, u need to read up on how to interprete imagery in revelation. It wont even touch that one.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by sonmvayina(m): 7:23am On Feb 19, 2017
blueAgent:

You sound like an Atheists.

No, am not..i know there is a creator of all. God i know is not a MAN..it is the totality of the conciouseness of the universe..both positive and negative..gathering every sunday to read from ancient books, sing and dance and collect peoples money is a waste of time and energy..
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by perterson111: 7:26am On Feb 19, 2017
Hello! Thanks for dropping by! Url: www.travelsolutionworldwide.org.
We provide all kinds of jobs , both skilled and unskilled and a 3 year working visa in these countries.
Are you looking to have Australian, Canadian and American passport or Nationality?
contact us now and get your problems solve.
Do you have difficulties to travel to these countries?
Global Travel solution and employment company will solve all your problems now.
Do you need travelling documents or are you facing any problem with your documents?
Do you need perminents visas or nationqality?
Contact us here http://travelsolutionworldwide.org
or call +13072414494
whatsapp...+819054166891
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by perterson111: 7:28am On Feb 19, 2017
Hello! Thanks for dropping by! Url: www.travelsolutionworldwide.org.
We provide all kinds of jobs , both skilled and unskilled and a 3 year working visa in these countries.
Are you looking to have Australian, Canadian and American passport or Nationality?
contact us now and get your problems solve.
Do you have difficulties to travel to these countries?
Global Travel solution and employment company will solve all your problems now.
Do you need travelling documents or are you facing any problem with your documents?
Do you need perminents visas or nationqality?
Contact us here http://travelsolutionworldwide.org
or call +13072414494
whatsapp...+819054166891
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 1:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
blueAgent:
You should have been a muslim, rather than spoil christainity
I am that I am, so never mind what I should have been
Moreover, I am more content, being I am that I am, than to be a muslim

blueAgent:
Wats has gravity and areodynamics has to do with the 10 Laws of God?
Having abolished in his flesh the enmity,
even the law of commandments contained in ordinances;

to make in himself of two one new man, so making peace;

- Ephesians 2:15

I know by now you've gotten the drift
but you're faking ignorance of their relationship with the 10 Laws of God because you dont want to face the truth

It is a no-brainer, that the same God, who introduced the Mosaic laws is same, who established the law of gravity and law of aerodynamics,

However, if honestly, you dont see the correlation the law of gravity and law of aerodynamics has with the 10 Laws of God,
then here are five general ideas, they share

Connection #1:
The Mosaic law or the 10 Laws of God, just like the law of gravity, is always there and will continue to exist

Connection #2:
What the law of gravity and law of aerodynamics have to do with the 10 Laws of God (i.e. the Mosaic laws),
is that the Mosaic laws, (i.e. the law of sin & death) just like the law of gravity is, can be made inoperative

Connection #3:
Just like the law of gravity can be stopped, can be nullified, can be cancelled, can be done away with, so the Mosaic law or the 10 Laws of God is

Connection #4:
Just like the law of aerodynamics, overcomes and goes beyond the limits of the the law of gravity,
so does this other wonderful and superior law that overcomes and goes beyond the limits of the 10 Laws of God (i.e. the Mosaic laws)

Connection #5:
The law of gravity is abolished in a plane's body by another law (i.e. the law of aerodynamics)
in the same manner, just like the 10 Laws of God (i.e. the Mosaic laws) mentioned in Ephesians 2:15 above,
are abolished in Jesus' flesh by another law (i.e. the law of the Spirit of life)

MuttleyLaff MuttleyLaffs

1 Like

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 19, 2017
blueAgent:

This Bible verse talks about the ceremonial Sabbaths and not the weekly sabbaths.

Correct sir. Unfortunately, people always get the two confused.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 11:57pm On Feb 19, 2017
Goshen360:
So do you keep the Sabbath?
"For six days work may be done,
but on the seventh day you shall have a holy day,
a sabbath of complete rest to the LORD
;
whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.

- Exodus 35:2

Dont only ask whether he keeps the Sabbath or not.
Ask him too, does he enforce the precept, underlined in Exodus 35:2 above?

Splinz:
Oh yes. Don't you know true Christians keeps it together with the rest of the law?
They keep only the reinstated nine laws restored from ten abolished laws nailed on the cross for public display

Ubenedictus:
Is that what ur bible says?

Mine says i cant be judged on sabbath observance.

COL 2:16
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.
I thought you already know that he likes exceeding his prerogatives wherenever the subject of sabbath is tabled

blueAgent:
This Bible verse talks about the cremonial Sabbaths and not the weekly sabbaths.
Even if it's ceremonial Sabbaths, the truth remains that weekly sabbath has been abolished

MZLady39:
Correct sir. Unfortunately, people always get the two confused
though it is an unfortunate confusion and easy mixing up oversight to make
it doesnt diminish the biblical facts and truth that the fourth commandment (i.e. remember the sabbath to keep it holy) was abolished
and unlike its nine other commandment counterparts not restored or reinstated
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 20, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

it doesnt diminish the biblical facts and truth that the fourth commandment (i.e. remember the sabbath to keep it holy) was abolished

Ok Sir Muttley,
You may provide scriptural references to back up your theory/belief...however as I always say, let's "agree to disagree".
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 10:52pm On Feb 20, 2017
MZLady39:
Ok Sir Muttley,
You may provide scriptural references to back up your theory/belief...
So which of two group of sabbatarians would you be?
Are you an observer of Saturday as sabbath or an observer of Sunday as a sabbath?

MZLady39:
however as I always say, let's "agree to disagree"
Oooookay, Lady MZ "agree to disagree" over what gangan paapaa?
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:07am On Feb 21, 2017
Ubenedictus:
The law of christ, the law of love and ultimately grace.

It Obvious you don't. know your Bible.
Every one can claim to love God. so for you to prove that you love God you must obey his laws, the question is which laws?

I guess you have read this verse.

John 14:15
If you love me, keep my commandments.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Goshen360(m): 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2017
Ubenedictus:
I guess i'll be reading another OSAS thread soon.

Lol....not really but the word is true. He that is born of God CANNOT sin. It's either we know what he's saying or we dont.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Goshen360(m): 2:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
blueAgent:

It Obvious you don't Bible.
Every one can claim to love God. so for you to prove that you love God you must obey his laws, the question is which laws?

I guess you have read this verse.

John 14:15
If you love me, keep my commandments.

And those commandments are the 10?
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 2:41pm On Feb 21, 2017
Goshen360:

Kikiki ki
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 3:47pm On Feb 21, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
"For six days work may be done,
but on the seventh day you shall have a holy day,
a sabbath of complete rest to the LORD
;
whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.

- Exodus 35:2

Dont only ask whether he keeps the Sabbath or not.
Ask him too, does he enforce the precept, underlined in Exodus 35:2 above?

They keep only the reinstated nine laws restored from ten abolished laws nailed on the cross for public display

I thought you already know that he likes exceeding his prerogatives wherenever the subject of sabbath is tabled

Even if it's ceremonial Sabbaths, the truth remains that weekly sabbath has been abolished

So Jesus was drunk when he said this?

Matthew5:19
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these
least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of
heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 3:51pm On Feb 21, 2017
Goshen360:

Yes. are there alternative laws? you could give us.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 3:59pm On Feb 21, 2017
sonmvayina:

No, am not..i know there is a creator of all. God i know is not a MAN..it is the totality of the conciouseness of the universe..both positive and negative..gathering every sunday to read from ancient books, sing and dance and collect peoples money is a waste of time and energy..
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 4:01pm On Feb 21, 2017
sonmvayina:

You are not serious

1 Like

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 4:51pm On Feb 21, 2017
blueAgent:
So Jesus was drunk when he said this?

Matthew5:19
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these
least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of
heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven
It won't be a first to be drunk with the spirit.
You should try it.

Now, talking of this Matthew 5:19 verse you unashamedly put up.
Have you ever sat down to think about what commandments was Matthew 5:19 talking about. SMH

Have another go but try harder, just don't tie yourself up in knots
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 21, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

So which of two group of sabbatarians would you be?
Are you an observer of Saturday as sabbath or an observer of Sunday as a sabbath?

Oooookay, Lady MZ "agree to disagree" over what gangan paapaa?

Love the pic Sir Muttley! Am honored to have received one for my post!
I'm an observer of the original Sabbath (Saturday) and that is the only Sabbath I now honor...with all due respect and not judging those that do not.
Sorry but don't understand what the words "gangan paapaa" mean but I will say this:
You had said that the "Sabbath" was the only commandment that had been abolished. I was disagreeing with you smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Why Pator Chris Okotie Divorced His Wife Stephanie Henshaw / Mary Is Not The Mother Of God / Salvation Ministries 5 Nights Of Glory 2020: Everything You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.