Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test (40972 Views)

Abba Kyari's Burial: FCTA Reacts To Unprofessional Conduct At Gudu Cemetery / Nigerian Doctor Warns Fathers To Always Take DNA Test / Doctors Operate On Woman 21 Times, Set To Conduct The 22nd Surgery. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by bigfrancis21: 9:17pm On Feb 08, 2017
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by erico2k2(m): 9:24pm On Feb 08, 2017
hammerF:

It is a people. God's own people.
You haven't got a clue.
just so you k now the Israelite where divided into 12 tribes one of which are the JEWS and Samaritans and are descendants of JUDAH,plz read more and get enlightened.
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by erico2k2(m): 9:28pm On Feb 08, 2017
lawani:

JEW IS A NATION OF PEOPLE WITH COMMON DESCENT BOUND TOGETHER BY CULTURAL THEOLOGY. ALL NATIONS USED TO HAVE DISTINCT CULTURAL THEOLOGY BEFORE THE INVENTION OF RELIGION.
You too my friend do not have a clue, I recon you are just guessing or resounding hear say
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by Ngozi123(f): 9:29pm On Feb 08, 2017
erico2k2:

You haven't got a clue.
just so you k now the Israelite where divided into 12 tribes one of which are the JEWS and Samaritans and are descendants of JUDAH,plz read more and get enlightened.

Although the term "Jew" does originate from the word "Judah", it actually refers to anyone who's a descendant of the ancient Hebrews from the Kingdoms of Israel and Judah. A "Jew" could come from the tribe of Levi, for example.

2 Likes

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by erico2k2(m): 9:31pm On Feb 08, 2017
Ngozi123:

Although the term "Jew" does originate from the word "Judah", it actually refers to anyone who's a descendant of the ancient Hebrews from the Kingdoms of Israel and Judah. A "Jew" could come from the tribe of Levi, for example.
exactly, I guess you have read abit about them now .as you read further you will see that nothing will connect teh Jews to eastern Nigeria, that will B a big joke, but if they adopt Judaism then thats a different thing altogether.
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by hammerF: 9:32pm On Feb 08, 2017
It is worth noting that of the 12 tribes of Israel, a whopping 10 tribes are lost. The once in the promise land are those that migrated North and West into Europe, those that went south and east were more.

Scattered in the four compass point. Some were recently discovered in Ethiopia and received a visit from Isreal as well as repatriated to the promise land.

The Igbos have been in the eye of the Israeli for sometime now and have received similar level of visit from Isreal that the Ethiopians received prior to confirmation that they were Jews. The middle pic is Ethiopia, u know the other two with red caps are igbos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by Ngozi123(f): 9:35pm On Feb 08, 2017
erico2k2:

exactly, I guess you have read abit about them now .as you read further you will see that nothing will connect teh Jews to eastern Nigeria, that will B a big joke, but if they adopt Judaism then thats a different thing altogether.

As Bigfrancis has said here, there are some similarities in the customs of the Igbos and the ancient Hebrews. Even the word for Hebrew in Hebrew "ivrit" sounds quite similar to Igbo if you were to look at it from a Hebrew perspective. There's enough of a link to at least question it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by erico2k2(m): 9:37pm On Feb 08, 2017
Ngozi123:

As Bigfrancis has said here, there are some similarities in the customs of the Igbos and the ancient Hebrews. Even the word for Hebrew in Hebrew "ivrit" sounds quite similar to Igbo if you were to look at it from a Hebrew perspective. There's enough of a link to at least question it.
whats the similarities,my next door neighbor is an orthodox Jew and he is finding this rather amusing. cheesy cheesy
have a look at the Ethiopian Jews.(beta Israel)Read about their history Plz. and look at how you can connect them to igbo.
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by Ngozi123(f): 9:40pm On Feb 08, 2017
erico2k2:

whats the similarities,my next door neighbour is an orthodox jew and he is finding this rather amusing. cheesy cheesy
have a look at teh Ethiopian Jews.

Why must I look at the Ethiopian Jews? What have they got to do with this theory?

Edit: @erico2k2 Sorry, this is the post I was referring to, not the other one:

ariesbull:

The whole thing is that Igbo have cultural similarities with Jews...Even during the olden days their was a feast then when blood was marked at the sorry in some Anambra villages

Also the culture of wife inheritance
Then the culture of women having their separate houses during menses...We call it unclinliness also ...The culture of women not becoming high priest

These are Jewish also

This is explained in Olaudah Equiano's book.

1 Like

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by lawani: 9:41pm On Feb 08, 2017
erico2k2:

You too my friend do not have a clue, I recon you are just guessing or resounding hear say

JEW IS A RELIGION BUT IT IS EXCLUSIVE AS IN NOT OPEN TO ALL. IT IS A NATIONAL RELIGION. IF I MARRY A JEW, SHE MIGHT RAISE MY SON AS A JEW. ON RARE OCCASIONS, NON RELATIVES CONVERT AND THAT RANKS LIKE NATURALIZATION. THEY CLANDESTINELY LET PEOPLE IN. SO BASICALLY THEY ARE A COMMUNITY ANYWHERE THEY ARE BUT OVER CENTURIES JEWS IN A GERMANIC ENVIRONMENT WILL LOOK DIFFERENT FROM JEWS IN ETHIOPIA. THIS WILL STILL HAPPEN EVEN IF NO INTERMARRIAGE WITH NEIGHBORS. IT HAS TO HAPPEN OVER 20 CENTURIES BUT WILL YOU SAY THEY ARE NO LONGER ONE?. THAT WOULD BE CHILDISH. THEY ARE STILL ONE.
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by erico2k2(m): 9:43pm On Feb 08, 2017
lawani:

JEW IS A RELIGION BUT IT IS EXCLUSIVE AS IN NOT OPEN TO ALL. IT IS A NATIONAL RELIGION. IF I MARRY A JEW, SHE MIGHT RAISE MY SON AS A JEW. ON RARE OCCASIONS, NON RELATIVES CONVERT AND THAT RANKS LIKE NATURALIZATION. THEY CLANDESTINELY LET PEOPLE IN. SO BASICALLY THEY ARE A COMMUNITY ANYWHERE THEY ARE BUT OVER CENTURIES JEWS IN A GERMANIC ENVIRONMENT WILL LOOK DIFFERENT FROM JEWS IN ETHIOPIA. THIS WILL STILL HAPPEN EVEN IF NO INTERMARRIAGE WITH NEIGHBORS. IT HAS TO HAPPEN OVER 20 CENTURIES BUT WILL YOU SAY THEY ARE NO LONGER ONE?. THAT WOULD BE CHILDISH. THEY ARE STILL ONE.
Plz take a look and reference THE word BETA ISRAEL.THEN COME BACK FOR THIS DISCUSSION.
FOR YOU CORRECTION JEW IS NOT RELIGION RATHER ONE OF THE TRIBES JUDAH DIVISION OF 12 TRIBES OF ISRAEL.
so if the above is true of which it is, then you can tell you are assuming cos one is born a Jew not join in.
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by hammerF: 9:46pm On Feb 08, 2017
erico2k2:

You haven't got a clue.

Talk of things u know boy. The Jewish leader Jacob who had 12 sons. All 12 were of Jewish faith and were Jews. In 722 B.C., the Assyrians conquered Israel and ten tribes were exiled. They were "lost" to history.

Each of these sons—Reuven, Shimon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zevulun, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Joseph, and Benjamin—became the father of a separate tribe. ...

1 Like

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by lawani: 9:47pm On Feb 08, 2017
erico2k2:

Plz take a look and reference THE word BETA ISRAEL.THEN COME BACK FOR THIS DISCUSSION.

WHO IS A JEW TO YOU THEN? I BELIEVE I KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS THING THAN YOU DO BECAUSE YOU DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND HOW THESE THINGS WORK. ALL JEWS TODAY ARE DESCENDED FROM JUDAH AND BENJAMIN. THE OTHER TEN TRIBES ARE DISAPPEARED LIKE MANY OTHER ANCIENT NATIONS
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by lawani: 9:51pm On Feb 08, 2017
erico2k2:

FOR YOU CORRECTION JEW IS NOT RELIGION RATHER ONE OF THE TRIBES JUDAH DIVISION OF 12 TRIBES OF ISRAEL.
so if the above is true of which it is, then you can tell you are assuming cos one is born a Jew not join in.

THERE IS NO WAY PEOPLE WILL NOT JOIN, ONE WAY OR THE OTHER PEOPLE WILL JOIN BUT THEY ARE ALL ONE AS PEOPLE WHO JOINED HAVE INTERMARRIED. EVEN DURING BIBLE TIMES PEOPLE JOINED. THE GIBEONITES OR SO, THEN THERE WAS A LOT OF INTERMARRIAGES WITH NEIGHBORING NATIONS.
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by hammerF: 9:53pm On Feb 08, 2017
Ngozi123:

Look at Bigfrancis' post above. Why must I look at the Ethiopian Jews? What have they got to do with this theory?

Never mind, here it is:

If the DNA results come back positive, those amongst u that kept the Jewish faith might move permanently to Isreal and join the Ethiopians. grin

Though like u said, we have a very huge landmass and really should continue in our present location, though with greater connectivity and cooperation with Isreal.

2 Likes

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by erico2k2(m): 9:55pm On Feb 08, 2017
lawani:

THERE IS NO WAY PEOPLE WILL NOT JOIN, ONE WAY OR THE OTHER PEOPLE WILL JOIN BUT THEY ARE ALL ONE AS PEOPLE WHO JOINED HAVE INTERMARRIED. EVEN DURING BIBLE TIMES PEOPLE JOINED. THE GIBEONITES OR SO, THEN THERE WAS A LOT OF INTERMARRIAGES WITH NEIGHBORING NATIONS.
can you add a link to where you read this?
cos from what I have been told and also read, the orthodox Jews refused to reach out to those who where not born Jews,by the way the orthodox Jews are the religious part of Jews.
There are Jews who are non religious, some are Muslims and others are Christians.
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by vRendoh(m): 9:56pm On Feb 08, 2017
cool
The Ibo tribe is one special tribe in Nigeria that act smart like the Jews. ...I will not be surprised when the result is out. I am not Ink but I trully respect them.

2 Likes

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by lawani: 10:02pm On Feb 08, 2017
erico2k2:

can you add a link to where you read this?
cos from waht I have been told and also read, teh orthodox Jews refused to reach out to those who where not born jews,by the way the orthodox jews are the religious part of jews.
There are JEWs who are non religious, some are Muslims and others are Christians.

COMMON SENSE SAYS PEOPLE WILL JOIN BECAUSE EVEN IN THE BIBLE PEOPLE JOINED BUT THEY TRY TO RESIST NEW ENTRANTS, HOWEVER, PEOPLE WILL JOIN. THATS TO BE EXPECTED, THEN THERE WILL BE BIOLOGICAL BASTARDS RAISED AS JEWS. THEY ARE BONAFIDE JEWS AS WELL. THERE WAS A SMALL NATION CALLED KHAZAR OR SO, MAYBE SLAVIC OR GERMANIC PEOPLE THEY CONVERTED IN THESAME WAY THE GIBEONITES IN THE BIBLE CONVERTED AND THEY CONTINUED TO INTERMARRY WITH JEWS. SO AT MOST, SAY THE ASHKENAZI ARE 30 PERCENT KHAZAR. THAT DOES NOT MAKE THEM LESS JEWISH. THATS LIKE MARRIAGE.

IF A JEW LEAVES THE THEOLOGY AND BECOMES ABORISHA FOR INSTANCE AND HIS DESCENDANTS AFTER HIM, THAT ONE HAS GONE UNDER ANOTHER CULTURAL THEOLOGY. THAT IS A GENTILE TO JEWS
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by yinkslinks(m): 10:05pm On Feb 08, 2017
Ufomanu. Oyekusi igbo cambu grin grin grin
Vanessa88:
funny u, can u speak igbo?

1 Like

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by Ngozi123(f): 10:06pm On Feb 08, 2017
hammerF:

If the DNA results come back positive, those amongst u that kept the Jewish faith might move permanently to Isreal and join the Ethiopians. grin

Though like u said, we have a very huge landmass and really should continue in our present location though with greater connectivity and cooperation with Isreal.

There's no need for the Igbos to move to Israel en masse. I'd rather we focus on building our own land regardless of the results. The only reason why I'm interested in the results is because it'd tell us a bit more about our history if it proves that we do indeed have a Jewish heritage. If it doesn't then we'll just be in the same situation that we're in now so there's nothing to lose. It's a win-win imo.

1 Like

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by erico2k2(m): 10:07pm On Feb 08, 2017
lawani:

COMMON SENSE SAYS PEOPLE WILL JOIN BECAUSE EVEN IN THE BIBLE PEOPLE JOINED BUT THEY TRY TO RESIST NEW ENTRANTS, HOWEVER, PEOPLE WILL JOIN. THATS TO BE EXPECTED, THEN THERE WILL BE BIOLOGICAL BASTARDS RAISED AS JEWS. THEY ARE BONAFIDE JEWS AS WELL. THERE WAS A SMALL NATION CALLED KHAZAR OR SO, MAYBE SLAVIC OR GERMANIC PEOPLE THEY CONVERTED IN THESAME WAY THE GIBEONITES IN THE BIBLE CONVERTED AND THEY CONTINUED TO INTERMARRY WITH JEWS. SO AT MOST, SAY THE ASHKENAZI ARE 30 PERCENT KHAZAR. THAT DOES NOT MAKE THEM LESS JEWISH. THATS LIKE MARRIAGE.
do not just talk where is your back up? ie link or reference so I too can go and see waht you are saying

Orthodox Judaism maintains the historical understanding of Jewish identity. A Jew is someone who was born to a Jewish mother, or who converts to Judaism in accordance with Jewish law and tradition. Orthodoxy thus rejects patrilineal descent as a means of establishing Jewish identity. Similarly, Orthodoxy strongly condemns interreligious marriage. Intermarriage is seen as a deliberate rejection of Judaism, and an intermarried person is effectively cut off from most of the Orthodox community. However, some Orthodox Jewish organizations do reach out to intermarried Jews.

Orthodox Judaism holds that the words of the Torah, including both the Written Law and those parts of the Oral Law which are halacha leMoshe m'Sinai, were dictated by God to Moses essentially as they exist today. The laws contained in the Written Torah were given along with detailed explanations as how to apply and interpret them, the Oral Law. Although Orthodox Jews believe that many elements of current religious law were decreed or added as "fences" around the law by the rabbis, all Orthodox Jews believe that there is an underlying core of Sinaitic law and that this core of the religious laws Orthodox Jews know today is thus directly derived from Sinai and directly reflects the divine will. As such, Orthodox Jews believe that one must be extremely careful in interpreting Jewish law. Orthodox Judaism holds that, given Jewish law's divine origin, no underlying principle may be compromised in accounting for changing political, social or economic conditions; in this sense, "creativity" and development in Jewish law is limited.

There is significant disagreement within Orthodox Judaism, particularly between Haredi Judaism and Modern Orthodox Judaism, about the extent and circumstances under which the proper application of halakha should be re-examined as a result of changing realities. As a general rule, Haredi Jews believe that when at all possible the law should be maintained as it was understood by their authorities at the haskalah, believing that it had never changed. Modern Orthodox authorities are more willing to assume that under scrupulous examination, identical principles may lead to different applications in the context of modern life. To the Orthodox Jew, halakha is a guide, God's Law, governing the structure of daily life from the moment he or she wakes up to the moment he or she goes to sleep. It includes codes of behaviour applicable to a broad range of circumstances (and many hypothetical ones). There are though a number of halakhic meta-principles that guide the halakhic process and in an instance of opposition between a specific halakha and a meta-principle, the meta-principle often wins out. Examples of halakhic meta-principles are Deracheha Darchei Noam (the ways of Torah are pleasant), Kavod Habriyot (basic respect for human beings), and Pikuach Nefesh (the sanctity of human life).

source :https://en.wikipedia.org/w
at least this is easy to read.
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by yinkslinks(m): 10:09pm On Feb 08, 2017
Nma nwaeyin ki Bu biko. Le unu gi ka kiss. Loool
Vanessa88:
funny u, can u speak igbo?
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by erico2k2(m): 10:11pm On Feb 08, 2017
Ngozi123:

There's no need for the Igbos to move to Israel en masse. I'd rather we focus on building our own land regardless of the results. The only reason why I'm interested in the results is because it'd tell us a bit more about our history if it proves that we do indeed have a Jewish heritage. If it doesn't then we'll just be in the same situation that we're in now so there's nothing to lose. It's a win-win imo.
Does anyone ie you or anyone you know have any explanation to how the JEWS are related to just teh IGBOS in Nigeria? do you have any story just like the Ethiopians did?Im just interested and curious.
This is the only explanation I have found so far, any one else?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_Jews
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by Ngozi123(f): 10:15pm On Feb 08, 2017
erico2k2:

Does anyone ie you or anyone you know have any explanation to how the JEWS are related to just teh IGBOS in Nigeria? do you have any story just like the Ethiopians did?Im just interested and curious.

Let's find out the results of the DNA tests first. I won't believe the theory until I see the results.

1 Like

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by hammerF: 10:16pm On Feb 08, 2017
Ngozi123:

They have a good Gene pool, the Ethiopia Jews are already repatriated to Israel. They should match the sample to Jews found in Africa, like the Ethiopians. If results are positive, they will find a way to take some back to Isreal. It is the law. They have been doing this for a long time, with alot of success in Europe, now their attention has turned to Africa.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-23861920

1 Like

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by hammerF: 10:19pm On Feb 08, 2017
These are those found in Asia repatriated.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20841382

1 Like

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by venus4cupid: 10:20pm On Feb 08, 2017
Yes igbos are jews

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by hammerF: 10:21pm On Feb 08, 2017
Igbos are going no where, we will remain in our location. grin
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by Ngozi123(f): 10:21pm On Feb 08, 2017
hammerF:

They have a good Gene pool, the Ethiopia Jews are already repatriated to Israel. If results are positive they will find a way to take some back to Isreal. It is the law. They have been doing this for a long time, with alot of success in Europe, now their attention has turned to Africa. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-23861920

The Ethiopian Jews migrated to Israel to escape persecution and famine in their homeland; Israel was their refuge. I pray that it never comes to that for us IJMN.

1 Like

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by hammerF: 10:24pm On Feb 08, 2017
These ones made it all the way to Zimbabwe.

Many people say that the story is far-fetched, but the oral traditions of the Lemba have been backed up by science
Tudor Parfitt
University of London

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8550614.stm

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by hammerF: 10:28pm On Feb 08, 2017
One thing common about all these groups is their Oral History and Tradition. It is similar to the Jewish tradition.

On this basis alone, I will say the igbos are Jews but in the Zimbabwe case they went further to support it with science.(DNA Test confirmed they are Jews)

1 Like

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by hammerF: 10:43pm On Feb 08, 2017
Ngozi123:

The Ethiopian Jews migrated to Israel to escape persecution and famine in their homeland; Israel was their refuge. I pray that it never comes to that for us.

In Israel, Some Blacks Are Welcome, Others Are Not.

Read this article. I think IBTIMES is Jewish.

http://www.ibtimes.com/israel-some-blacks-are-welcome-others-are-not-1401956

I doubt that it is possible for all igbos to return to Isreal but some will be settled there. They will find a subtle way to attract them . The Jewish state is focused on finding the lost Jews. Africa has been under their microscope for a long time, similarly Asia.

All igbos should demand is our own separate state from Nigeria and make it a satellite Jews State, strategically located in Africa. The Lion of Judah is going no where running, we are too majestic for that. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" / Slaymama Blocks Her Benefactor After Using His Toilet Without Flushing In #lagos / Update On The Family Of Five With Madness As Govt Come To Rescue. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.