Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,530 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test (40954 Views)

Abba Kyari's Burial: FCTA Reacts To Unprofessional Conduct At Gudu Cemetery / Nigerian Doctor Warns Fathers To Always Take DNA Test / Doctors Operate On Woman 21 Times, Set To Conduct The 22nd Surgery. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by AntiWailer: 5:36pm On Feb 08, 2017
seniorkachion:

It's not as simple as that, lgbo do have a number of cultural similarities with the Jews. One prominent example is the custom of male circumcision on the 8th day. It is very ancient and long predated the advent of missionaries. A second case is a tribal or clan system. In the Bible we are all familiar with the story of the tribes of Israel, among the lgbo, the clan system is similar. Then there is the cycle of 4day market days. In language there is a striking similarity in expression 'he dies death ' which also has an lgbo equivalent, which is not a translation as you might think.
Why are you deceiving yourself.

Dont Yoruba circumcised on 8th day.

That was simply from adoption of Christianity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 08, 2017
Scam. People dull sha. Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 08, 2017
Serious Identity Crisis... SMH! undecided

1 Like

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by Olaolufred(m): 5:56pm On Feb 08, 2017
I JUST PRAY THAT THIS TEST WON'T CONFIRM THEY ARE PALESTINIAN.

YOU KNOW WHERE GAZA STRIP IS?

5 Likes

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by princessayesha(f): 6:09pm On Feb 08, 2017
grin
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by lawani: 6:53pm On Feb 08, 2017
What is Jewish DNA? There is really nothing like Jewish DNA because Jews are a heterogenous nation that have intermarried with their former host communities for thousands of years before returning to Palestine. So which DNA will you use? Jews look like Persians, Russians, Germans, Ukrainians, Noroccans, Egyptians, Syrians, Ethiopians, Chinese and etc and you test them and find those genes but they are still Jews same way a Yoruba whose mother is white can have Yoruba kids even if his wife is Norwegian, so far they identify that way!. And so on. So due to their long years of dispersion, Jews are heterogenous but united as a nation. How can any sizeable Jewish group reach Southern Nigeria? That is in reality almost impossible but maybe a small group though and by sea but from where? Europe or where? It does not really add up but nothing is impossible. The most Jewish West African group would be Fulanis and that would be a sprinkling and they are now Muslims.

On ancient Jews being blacks, probably so but not sub saharan black. However the whole area inhabited by ancient Jews are mainly caucasian now. So if they did not leave Africa because Palestine is more or less Africa, they would still not be black. They would look like the Lebanese!.

2 Likes

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 08, 2017
Chiebunigom:

Me too!
I am a full-bloodied Igbo who knows her roots, not some Jewish whatever!
If I hear....
I'm pretty sure you don't know where ur great grand parents immigrated from and you are on here with over bloated confidence yelling you know your roots smh

1 Like

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by joinnow: 7:01pm On Feb 08, 2017
ritababe:
and so what if they are Jewish? will there be any changes?
Free visa and
Aliya
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by Ngozi123(f): 7:01pm On Feb 08, 2017
AntiWailer:

Not for the Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by erico2k2(m): 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2017
lawani:
What is Jewish DNA? There is really nothing like Jewish DNA because Jews are a heterogenous nation that have intermarried with their former host communities for thousands of years before returning to Palestine. So which DNA will you use? Jews look like Persians, Russians, Germans, Ukrainians, Noroccans, Egyptians, Syrians, Ethiopians, Chinese and etc and you test them and find those genes but they are still Jews same way a Yoruba whose mother is white can have Yoruba kids even if his wife is Norwegian, so far they identify that way!. And so on. So due to their long years of dispersion, Jews are heterogenous but united as a nation. How can any sizeable Jewish group reach Southern Nigeria? That is in reality almost impossible but maybe a small group though and by sea but from where? Europe or where? It does not really add up but nothing is impossible. The most Jewish West African group would be Fulanis and that would be a sprinkling and they are now Muslims.

On ancient Jews being blacks, probably so but not sub saharan black. However the whole area inhabited by ancient Jews are mainly caucasian now. So if they did not leave Africa because Palestine is more or less Africa, they would still not be black. They would look like the Lebanese!.
Only reasonable responce by far . Your points are valid but the orthodox Jews will argue with you on that haha.I live amongst them.
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by nworanco(m): 7:10pm On Feb 08, 2017
Offcourse
ritababe:
and so what if they are Jewish? will there be any changes?
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by lawani: 7:10pm On Feb 08, 2017
This is the only known account globally of the origin of circumcision and Abraham was circumcised as an old man probably to qualify to enter the court of a Pharaoh. No uncircumcised man is allowed to enter a Pharaoh's court.

https://www.nairaland.com/2822617/tribute-ogun
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 08, 2017
sweerychick:
my dear, I don't have anything against it, I'm proud igbo ( though my daddy is Ibibio but grew up in Igbo land) and my mum is full igbo from Anambara. But I ain't any jew tongue
how can u disprove that ur ancestors didn't immigrate from Israel?

1 Like

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by Ironlion1(m): 7:12pm On Feb 08, 2017
shamecurls:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Comedy!

Jews re known to be averagely tall but we have dwarfs here

Jews dont have flat-heads

Jews dont have yam legs

......I wonder what pointers the scientist saw that made him to believe a DNA test needs to be conducted.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. My ribs are beyond limits....kikikikikikikik
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by lawani: 7:18pm On Feb 08, 2017
erico2k2:

Only reasonable responce by far . Your points are valid but the orthodox Jews will argue with you on that haha.I live amongst them.

that is not right. If jews encounter a Jewish group performing all the ritual ceremonies or a substantial part, they would recognise and embrace them WITHOUT PERFORMING ANY DNA TEST ON THEM!. They dont need that of course!. If not for the Malian King Askia Mohammed who expelled Jews, there would be Yoruba Jews and infact many families among Shuwa Arabs in Nigeria may be Jewish origin but are now Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by bigfrancis21: 7:57pm On Feb 08, 2017
successinlife:
Israel is looking for soldiers and population to help guide the new colonies in palestine,they will grant jewis citizenship to d able bodied ibos that are ready to dance the dance,you know what i mean?war front.Let no man be deceived Ibos have no jewis root,if they do,i am happy for them.The fact is,they can't be in Eastern Nigeria without having passed through some territories before finally arrived in the present region,it is logical enough,1.Fulanis/fula/foulbe/Poula 2.Bambara/jula/mandingo/mandinka3.yoruba/anago/4.hausa also extends to niger.tchad etc.Igbo language is spoken in Cameroon,Gabon,equitorial guinea but i am not sure it is spoken as a recognised language in those countries.

@bold...as a native language in those countries or spoken by Igbo immigrants living there?

Igbo language is recognized in Equatorial Guinea.
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by bigfrancis21: 7:59pm On Feb 08, 2017
Ganiyat72:
It is quite sad how my follow yoruba people turned this innocent thread into igbo bashing thread. But when the tables turn we will be quick to accuse igbos of hate and bigotory. We should remember that hate begeth hate, and love likewise beget love.

cc Laudate
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by bigfrancis21: 8:02pm On Feb 08, 2017
Ngozi123:

Israel is a tiny country with a growing population; they do not need more people. What they do need is friendship; the support from the West is at an all time low and it would be so much worse had Trump not won the US election. I don't see any problem in us having a mutually beneficial friendship with them. We both have a common enemy.

If any sort of genetic relationship is discovered, I would not expect a 'massive return' of Igbos to Israel. That would be unnecessary like you suggest. Instead, Israel could become a force to reckon with in empowering South East Nigeria or possibly assisting them in their self-determination to be independent and their progressive development thereof. This to me would be the best possible option. Just as the US assisted Israel in the early years of their independence, we may expect the same also between Israel and the SE peoples. At best, SE nation and Israel would become sister countries tied by common goals, tradition, histories and characteristics in a mutually beneficial economic and social relationship.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by ariesbull: 8:11pm On Feb 08, 2017
The whole thing is that Igbo have cultural similarities with Jews...Even during the olden days their was a feast then when blood was marked at the sorry in some Anambra villages

Also the culture of wife inheritance
Then the culture of women having their separate houses during menses...We call it unclinliness also ...The culture of women not becoming high priest

These are Jewish also

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by lawani: 8:11pm On Feb 08, 2017
bigfrancis21:

If any sort of genetic relationship is discovered, I would not expect a 'massive return' of Igbos to Israel. That would be unnecessary like you suggest. Instead, Israel could become a force to reckon with in empowering South East Nigeria or possibly assisting them in their self-determination to be independent and their progressive development thereof. This to me would be the best possible option. Just as the US assisted Israel in the early years of their independence, we may expect the same also between Israel and the SE peoples. At best, SE nation and Israel would become sister countries tied by common goals and characteristics in a mutually beneficial economic and social relationship.

Why are you talking like kids?. Is it Israel that is under US protection that will help you secure Biafra? In this age when Singapore of 5 million is well respected for the way they are organised, Igbos of like 40 million are running after Israel?. You have people then Israel herself is under protection and not a member of the UNSC!.

1 Like

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by seniorkachion(m): 8:13pm On Feb 08, 2017
AntiWailer:

Yoruba adopted circumcision from missionaries. For lgbo it is an ancient rite predating the missionaries. I see you are not open to a reasonable discussion. You hate the news because it refers to lgbo. At least the Israeli were not forced to send a team.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by bigfrancis21: 8:20pm On Feb 08, 2017
AntiWailer:

Read Olaudah Equiano's book written in the late 1700s or early 1800s on the description of early Igboland and the practice of Igbo customs in their pure and original forms before the introduction of Christianity to Igboland. He mentioned in his book pointing out the many similarities between biblical Hebrew customs and those practiced from his native Igbo village before he was kidnapped to his master who taught him the bible and introduced him to Christianity while in captivity.

Circumcision, or Ibi ugwu, in Igboland predates Christianity.

5 Likes

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by bigfrancis21: 8:24pm On Feb 08, 2017
lawani:

Why are you talking like kids?. Is it Israel that is under US protection that will help you secure Biafra? In this age when Singapore of 5 million is well respected for the way they are organised, Igbos of like 40 million are running after Israel?. You have people then Israel herself is under protection and not a member of the UNSC!.

Your opinions on this are not needed. I simply mentioned that if any genetic relationship is discovered, both SE and Israel could form an economic relationship as 'sister countries' separated by distance. SE nation could be a force to reckon with in Africa while Israel continues to maintain its forefront position in the middle east. The peoples of these two nations share very striking similarities and past histories and traditions. I know some Jews personally and they are very capitalistic often to a fault, hard-working, scattered all over the world and tend to be successful in wherever they find themselves in, but are often hated by the people around them. The Jews dominate and control Hollywood, Igbos control Nollywood. Whether you agree or not, there is some level of co-incidence among these two nations that needs to be closely studied.

6 Likes

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by lawani: 8:31pm On Feb 08, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Your opinions on this are not needed. I simply mentioned that if any genetic relationship is discovered, both SE and Israel could form an economic relationship as 'sister countries' separated by distance. SE nation could be a force to reckon with in Africa while Israel continues to maintain its forefront position in the middle east. The peoples of these two nations share very striking similarities and past histories and traditions. I know some Jews personally and they are very capitalistic often to a fault, hard-working, scattered all over the world and tend to be successful in wherever they find themselves in, but are often hated by the people around them. Whether you agree or not, there is some level of co-incidence among these two nations that needs to be closely studied.

JEWS ARE LIKE BORN AGAINS!. PEOPLE HATE BORN AGAINS BUT JEWS ARE BETTER BECAUSE THEY DONT TRY TO CONVERT OTHERS. SO IF JEWS HAVE THEIR LAND. THEY WILL BE OKAY. FORMERLY THEY HAD NO LAND. ARE ANY OTHER GROUP LIKE THAT AGAIN?.

2 Likes

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by hammerF: 8:42pm On Feb 08, 2017
Ngozi123:

Israel is a tiny country with a growing population; they do not need more people. What they do need is friendship; the support from the West is at an all time low and it would be so much worse had Trump not won the US election. I don't see any problem in us having a mutually beneficial friendship with them. We both have a common enemy.

Nne i pray dat the result is positive. All this genetic unexplained incidents from Ala Igbo will get some explanation.

Jewish Gene wink

Besides our oral history and ancient town names are Jewish orientated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npg_rXMaOoU&ab_channel=MiamiSavior

3 Likes

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by Ritchiee: 8:52pm On Feb 08, 2017
Olaolufred:
I JUST PRAY THAT THIS TEST WON'T CONFIRM THEY ARE PALESTINIAN.

YOU KNOW WHERE GAZA STRIP IS?
grin wicked guy
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 08, 2017
So what is the similarity between Igbo language and Hebrew? I don't know why some people refuse to put on their thinking cap.

1 Like

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by erico2k2(m): 9:02pm On Feb 08, 2017
lawani:

that is not right. If jews encounter a Jewish group performing all the ritual ceremonies or a substantial part, they would recognise and embrace them WITHOUT PERFORMING ANY DNA TEST ON THEM!. They dont need that of course!. If not for the Malian King Askia Mohammed who expelled Jews, there would be Yoruba Jews and infact many families among Shuwa Arabs in Nigeria may be Jewish origin but are now Muslims.
so i n your opinion is being Jewish a race or Religion
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by hammerF: 9:03pm On Feb 08, 2017
erico2k2:

It is a people. God's own people.

1 Like

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by akulaxx: 9:09pm On Feb 08, 2017
Israel will step in. They defectef d wholr arab not talk aboit d zoo

1 Like

Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by lawani: 9:15pm On Feb 08, 2017
erico2k2:

JEW IS A NATION OF PEOPLE WITH COMMON DESCENT BOUND TOGETHER BY CULTURAL THEOLOGY. ALL NATIONS USED TO HAVE DISTINCT CULTURAL THEOLOGY BEFORE THE INVENTION OF RELIGION.
Re: Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test by chiraqDemon(m): 9:16pm On Feb 08, 2017
Who jew epp
Just tell those guys say if them confirm am make them pack their bags start exodus down to isreal o or else
Nor b say i get beef with them but them don too de echo this jew thing like say them go go there if na true.
Make them concentrate to make biafra
Nor b say only u na biafran only u na jew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Update On The Family Of Five With Madness As Govt Come To Rescue. Photos / Slaymama Blocks Her Benefactor After Using His Toilet Without Flushing In #lagos / 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.