Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,021 members, 7,953,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:05 AM

The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge (4043 Views)

4 Prayers To Increase You In Knowledge In Islam / Role Of (islamic) Students Of Knowledge By Ustadh Sulayman Amubieya / Compiled List Of Sittings Of Knowledge In Ilorin! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 12:58am On Feb 14, 2017
Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah says:

“And the Sufi is in reality a kind of Siddiq [Truthful One], that Siddiq who specialized in Zuhd [Asceticism] and ‘Ibadah [Worship].”

Funny enough, a Saudi Sheikh has this to say.....help yourself and stop hating and fear Allah before saying trash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od2rwGwwj3E

Imam Ibn Taymiyya then went on to say:

Some people criticized the Sufis and said that they were innovators and out of the Sunna... but the truth is that they are exercising ijtihad in view of obeying Allah just as others who are obedient to Allah have also done. So from them you will find the Foremost in Nearness (al-sabiq al-muqarrab) by virtue of his striving, while some of them are from the People of the Right Hand... and among those claiming affiliation with them, are those who are unjust to themselves, rebelling against their Lord. These are the sects of innovators and free-thinkers (zindiq) who claim affiliation to the Sufis but in the opinion of the genuine Sufis, they do not belong, for example, al-Hallaj. Tasawwuf has branched out and diversified and the Sufis have become known as three types:

1. Sufiyyat al haqa'iq: the Sufis of Realities, and these are the ones we mentioned above;
2. Sufiyyat al arzaq: the funded Sufis who live on the religious endowments of Sufi guest-houses and schools; it is not necessary for them to be among the people of true realities, as this is a very rare thing
3. Sufiyyat al rasm: the Sufis by appearance only, who are interested in bearing the name and the dress etc.

Indeed, these three categories, i heard from Sheik Daud Alfa Nla's lecture titled "Sufism"

Abeg, tell these brothers to shut up and mind their business if they don't understand anything. Interesting... "I wonder why I've never heard this from those who usually trumpet Ibn Taymiyya?"
Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 1:07am On Feb 14, 2017
"I wonder why I've never heard this from those who usually trumpet Ibn Taymiyya?"

Obviously, no one disputes that as with most practices, there are those who are the genuine article, those who just do something as a job but whose heart isn't in their work and those who are only concerned with appearances. Imam Ibn Taymiyya was right on the mark here. However, according to his own words, he clearly didn't have anything against people who were genuinely and sincerely following the Sufi path.

When Imam Ibn Taymiyya wrote so much about tasawuf (Sufism) and claimed to be a Qadiri himself with only two people between him and the great Sheikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani, may Allah bless him, why is this Imam so widely cited by those who are otherwise so opposed to Sufism? How can they authentically reference this scholar of Sufism as their evidence against it? Logically it doesn't make any sense

^^^

That's why I say to them, "afalataqilun?"
Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by shawl: 1:06pm On Feb 14, 2017
Following the thread closely.

Never new Ibn Taymiyya wore the cloak of Abdul Qadir Jeilani, ra, and felt honored by it.

As for Al Hallaj Mansur, I think most people rather just keep quiet than condemn him. There were many documented powerful anecdotes around him to be swept under just like that. But Allah knows best.

If christians had Al Hallaj, I wondered what they would have made him into?

1 Like

Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 3:45pm On Feb 14, 2017
shawl:
Following the thread closely.

Never new Ibn Taymiyya wore the cloak of Abdul Qadir Jeilani, ra, and felt honored by it.

As for Al Hallaj Mansur, I think most people rather just keep quiet than condemn him. There were many documented powerful anecdotes around him to be swept under just like that. But Allah knows best.

If christians had Al Hallaj, I wondered what they would have made him into?
Yup. I didnt know before too actually until i heard last Ramadan and read article as well. Either way, he is not authority in islam. We respect him for who he was and his opinion. My post was only for educational purposes against nonsense they write by attacking others and causing sectarianism.

Now that i brought evidence for them, they dare not speak. The evidences are glaring and they can hide behind keyboard and watch. They are innovators and start calling them by that from now on. They feel they have monopoly to call people innovators. So now, their mentor, Ibn Taymiyah (ra) they praised highly call them innovators.

And when Ibn Taymiyah speaks negatively of sufis, he is simply speaking of charlatans not sufism itself. But these ones we have here have some kind of phobic syndrome. You notice that they usually like attacking fellow muslims but cool off when it comes to interfaith dialogue. So they can come here now and say my posts are "lousy daleel". Their so called "gathering of knowledge" is nothing but criticism of muslims. What knowledge do we actually gather from that?. So pathetic.

From now on, start calling them innovators and implore others to do the same. Give them their own dose.

2 Likes

Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 5:13pm On Feb 14, 2017
This Is A Comment From Video Above By A Guy Named Muslim Knight 3 years Ago.

"Subhan'Allah. Thank you brother for sharing what the real view and stance of Imam ibn Taymiyyah was. The slanderous views of the neo-salafi/wahabi movements have been poisoning our youths with lie's and Bidaah"

1 Like

Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by shawl: 11:00am On Feb 15, 2017
Empiree:

...From now on, start calling them innovators and implore others to do the same. Give them their own dose.

Hmmm...

The alarm bell started ringing in my family when my parents called me and told me that they were not pleased with my younger brothers for now. Upon enquiry, I discovered they (my parents) were being hurt by the way and manner my younger brothers come forward to greet them. I reached out to my younger brothers and they said they were implementing 'authentic sunnah'. Realizing the calamity of one's parents being displeased with him (mum especially) I had to embark on resolving the conflict. To cut the story short, it was a long battle before their brain could be reset to understand that the way they greeted our parents before was not wrong afterall as far as postration was not involved and that there is some misunderstanding in what they claimed to be 'authentic sunnah'.

I am waiting for a thread that is targeted at that one day, so that I can submit some of my findings, inshaAllah.

I truely appreciate your effort, because their approach is very cunning.
Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 12:36pm On Feb 15, 2017
shawl:

Hmmm...

The alarm bell started ringing in my family when my parents called me and told me that they were not pleased with my younger brothers for now. Upon enquiry, I discovered they (my parents) were being hurt by the way and manner my younger brothers come forward to greet them. I reached out to my younger brothers and they said they were implementing 'authentic sunnah'. Realizing the calamity of one's parents being displeased with him (mum especially) I had to embark on resolving the conflict. To cut the story short, it was a long battle before their brain could be reset to understand that the way they greeted our parents before was not wrong afterall as far as postration was not involved and that there is some misunderstanding in what they claimed to be 'authentic sunnah'.

I am waiting for a thread that is targeted at that one day, so that I can submit some of my findings, inshaAllah.

I truely appreciate your effort, because their approach is very cunning.
Yes, there are some threads opened about greetings. Worst is parents not being pleased with one. Worse and we all know the consequences of that.

1 Like

Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Demmzy15(m): 1:27pm On Feb 15, 2017
grin grinIbn Taymiyyah(rah) a Soofee?! grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 7:10pm On Feb 15, 2017
Ibn Taymiyyah (ra)

He was simply of Salafi movement but practiced sufism. Sufism is simply a private matter BTW servant and his Lord. This is exactly how I do it myself.

So Sheik Habib was right when he said sheikh ibn Taymiyyah has element of sufism. Both are in the Quran and hadith discribed it. Today, people trying to separate spiritual aspect of Islam from text. This is IGNORANCE which is prevailing today. undecided

Today's Salafi only stick to text and talks talks talks. Sufism read text and practice at the same time. This is the difference btw the two.

Salafi today CHOSE to pick what suits them. There is NO WAY they can refute my posts about him. His profile says it ALL. It is not enough to just say "he's not sufi". Proof is needed

Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 7:47pm On Feb 15, 2017

Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 7:58pm On Feb 15, 2017
More. ..

Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 8:03pm On Feb 15, 2017

Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 15, 2017
Demmzy15:
grin grinIbn Taymiyyah(rah) a Soofee?! grin grin
Hehehehehe... Soon dem go claim the blessed shuyukhs Ibn baaz, Albani, Uthaymeen, al Fawzaan, and so on... May Allaah be pleased with them all, and others that r like dem, and guide others aright.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 6:59am On Feb 17, 2017
^^^

All you have to do is refute my posts with EVIDENCE only. That's all. The way you all behave PROVES that you're not that knowledgeable. If you do, you would have understood what it means by Sufi without jumping of the couch. The word SUFI is an English word for At-tasawuf. Tassawuf is Science Of "Purification of Soul". This is simply Quran and Sunnah's Command. I am not done yet actually on Sheikh Islam Ibn Taymmiya.
Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by ikupakuti(m): 6:59am On Feb 17, 2017
@empiree

Slm,

Abeg! No give these leftists cardiac arrest ooo!

A whole as-sheikh? A Soofee?

Watch them come for your head but without any reasonable disproof against the facts.

Abdulwahab & saud really did a good job in try to manipulate history to defend their infamous ideology.

Honestly, What they stand to gain in all these is beyond me.

1 Like

Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by shawl: 12:30pm On Feb 17, 2017
ikupakuti:

Honestly, What they stand to gain in all these is beyond me.

Some of them are genuinely influenced especially here in Nigeria. Some others have realized their mistakes but have made themselves into public figures thereby making it difficult to retrace their steps. The global body of course are still bent on continuing on the work of Al Afgani, Muhammad Abdoh, Rashid Rida, Albani etc up to the contemporary crop of salafi scholars.

1 Like

Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by ikupakuti(m): 2:17pm On Feb 17, 2017
shawl:

Some of them are genuinely influenced especially here in Nigeria. Some others have realized their mistakes but have made themselves into public figures thereby making it difficult to retrace their steps. The global body of course are still bent on continuing on the work of Al Afgani, Muhammad Abdoh, Rashid Rida, Albani etc up to the contemporary crop of salafi scholars.

God bless you,

‘Cos if some1 follows a false course sincerely while oblivious of it ills, @ a certain point God out of his mercy will reveal the ills of such course to the follower due to his sincerity of porpose (ikhlas)...b‘cos the ignorant follower intended God all through...and God will never forsake him.

But where the intricacy lays is the ego as you stated...like some1 would say... “i‘ve gone too far to give up who i am“

...obliging the enlightened among them to forge ahead damning the consequencies.

But sincerely many of them want to return.

1 Like

Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 6:03am On Feb 18, 2017

Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 6:18am On Feb 18, 2017
As for me, I abide by the very simple definition and ESSENCE of tassawuf which is, in fact, kitab wa Sunnah. This is what I have been telling these brothers. Although things could have been easy if the word "Sufi" was not invented.

Anti-tassawuf folks should rather focus on the essence rather than what XYZ folks do that may be considered reprehensible.

What anti-Sufis dont understand is that SUFISM is the very spiritual ESSENCE of Islam. You can not separate it. For the fact that these brothers dont understand this very simple thing means they are not as knowledgeable as they claim. It shouldn't take them Phd to figure out this simple mathematics.

ikupakuti:

But sincerely many of them want to return.

^^

I sensed this lately the way Sheikh Abdul Mojeed Eleha sounds in his lecture delivered in Texas. Their rejection of superiority of Awliya is hunting them gradually. Allah himself recognize Awliya but these people reject it. Although i personally dislike "sainthood". I choose my word properly. So I rather stick to what Quran and Sunnah call them which is Awliya not sainthood as in Christianity. BIG Difference.

Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 4:17pm On Feb 18, 2017
Attached is a comment left on a Youtube video titled "History of Sufism"

Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 4:28pm On Feb 18, 2017
more on the video

Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 6:25pm On Feb 20, 2017
Speaking About Kashf (unveiling) and Ilham (inspirition) in the Quran and Sunnah

Someone asked, “Back to the original topic, some sufis who make it a point to apply shariah to their lives seem to imply that the science of tasawuf is based in the Quran and sunnah, but the tariqahs aren’t really based off of that, they are more based of kashf, isn’t it? So how does that tie together Islamically?”

Excellent question:

Sufism is divided into three parts, ilm (knowledge –practical knowledge), amal (adoring knowledge with action) and hal (spiritual states – the results of spiritual practices, also called the fruits of the path). You asked about the later, hal spiritual states, in particular, kashf or ilham (Unveiling or inspiration), but this also includes other spiritual states, such as increased love for Allah, experiencing Allah’s Divine Love, (this the ultimate aim of the spiritual path –tariqa), and then the secondary states, kashf (spiritual unveiling), Ilham (spiritual inspiration), and miracles.

To kashf, (spiritual unveiling) and ilham (spiritual inspiration).

In short this is direct knowledge from Allah. However there is a distinction between a prophet and a saint (wali), in that a prophet, receives (wahy) revelation from Allah, accompanied by a ruh (spirit) from Allah. Ilham (inspiration) from Allah is accompanied by sakina (tranquility) from Allah. The difference being, Wahy (revelation) is always clear and correct, while ilham (inspiration) may be fractured (unclear) and incomplete (especially in the beginning), which is why Shaykh Abu Hasan Ash Shadhili said, “If your spiritual unveilings contradicts the Book and the Sunna, act upon the book and the sunna and leave off your unveiling and say to yourself, ‘Allah guaranteed infallibility in the Book and the Sunna and has not guaranteed that in spiritual unveiling and inspiration.’”

1 Like

Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 6:30pm On Feb 20, 2017
The basis for Kashf and Ilham in the Quran and Sunnah

Quran

Allah says, So have fear of Allah; and Allah will teach you. (2:282)

Allah says, “He gives wisdom to whomever He will and whoever receives wisdom receives immense good.” (2:269)

Allah says, “Therein lies portents for those who read the signs.” (15:75)

Allah says, “Then found they one of Our Slaves, unto whom We had given mercy from Us, and hand taught him knowledge from Our presence. (18:65)

(NOTE: Al Khidr is regarded as a non-prophet by many scholars including Ibn Taymiyyah, who said, The majority hold that he (al khidr) was not a prophet (al Majmu al Fatawa 4:338)(Al Baghawi stated in his tafsir: (He (Allah) taught him inward (batin) knowledge by inspiration-ilham).

This Refutes Those Who Deny Knowledge Internally Received

Allah says, “..For surely the eyes do not go blind, but it is the hearts which are in the breasts that go blind.” (22:46)

(NOTE: Basar: refers to physical eyes and basira refers to spiritual eyes, one of the companions Khalid ibn Madan said, Every slave has two eyes in his face by which he sees this world and two eyes in his heart by which he sees the next world. So if Allah desires good for His slave, He opens the two eyes of his heart and he sees what is promised him in the unseen, and they (those eyes) are from the unseen. (Tabari- graded hasan’)

Allah says, “…I call to Allah with spiritual insight (basira), I and those who follow me…” (12:108)

1 Like

Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 6:35pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hadith

The Prophet, sallahu alayhi wa salam said, “He for whom Allah desires immense good, He grants him (yafaqqihhu/yufqihhu fil din) superlative understanding in the Religion. I only distribute (ie Quran and Sunnah) and it is Allah who gives (ie understanding and wisdom from Him).” (Bukhari and Muslim)

The Prophet, sallahu alayhi wa salam said, “Beware of inner vision (firasa) of the believer for he sees with the light of Allah.” (Tirmidhi-Sahih authenticated by al Haytami)

The Prophet, sallahu alayhi wa salam said, “Whoever sees me in a dream has truly seen me, for Shaytaan cannot take on my form, and the believer’s dream vision (ru’ya) is one part of 46 of Prophecy. (Bukhar and Muslim)

The Prophet, sallahu alayhi wa salam said, ‘When the Hour draws near, almost no dream vision of the believer will be false. The believer’s dream vision is one part of 46 of Prophecy and Prophecy never lies.” (Bukhari)
Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 6:40pm On Feb 20, 2017
From the Salafus saleh

Malik said, “Wisdom and knowledge are a light by which Allah guides whomever He pleases, it does not consist in knowing many things.”

“Knowledge does not consist in narrating much, knowledge is but a light which Allah places in the heart.”
(Tafsir Ibn Kathir 3:555)

The great Tabi’i Thabit al Bunani used to pray, “Oh Allah! If You would give anyone the honor of making salat in his gave then give me that honor.” Later on the day of his death, Jubair (another Tabi’i) said, “I swear by Allah Who created me, I put Thabit al Bunani in his grave that day when we buried him and with me was a person named Humaid at Taweel, and when we had finished putting the stones on the grave one of them fell down and I saw Thabit making salat in his grave.” (Recorded by Ibn Abi Shayba (8:317), Bayhaqi (Shu’ab 3;155 #3189) Imam Ahmad in Kitab Zudh – Dhahabi Siyar (5:222)(It is graded sahih)

(Note: This is an interesting narration. for a number of reason. 1) The Tabieen is able to see the dead. 2) The dead is making salat.)

And I want to end it with, something from Ibn Rajab al Hanbali

Wasibah Ibn Mabab said, I came to the Messenger of Allah and he said, You come to ask about birr?’ I said, “Yes.” He sallahu alayhi wa salam said, “Ask your heart for a judgment.” (Hasan hadith Musand Ahmad)

In a commentary of this hadith comments on Ilham, “As for referring back to ambiguous matters back to (see whether they cause) impression on the heart, prophetic texts (hadith) and fatwas of the Companions show that, so how would Imam Ahmad reject it after that?” (The Compendium of Knowledge and Wisdom – Ibn Rajab al Hanbali)
Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 6:48pm On Feb 20, 2017
So This is Not ABout Adding to religion as some heretics have said or viewed on Islam. It is personal matter. Below are 3 responses to the article.

Maria al-Qibtiyya said:

One may possess the ability of kashaf and ilham but it’s not necessary that we would have to believe in such things as are proven through someone’s (e.g saint’s) kashaf and ilham, right? Because its his own personal experience, we are not forced to believe in it; Deen is already complete and one can’t add or subtract anything from deen, right?

reply to that ^ by Omiq

I guess its not about adding or subtracting, but as the names of Kashf (unveiling) and Ilham (inspiration) are translated, it is more about understanding, being connected and spiritually inspired by the Deen

And final comment by ibrahim itace muhammed

you definitely examplified that obnoxious wahhabi heretic views on islam.if the quran or hadith says sth is acceptable whoever denies it is a kafir. allah says in the quran “wattaqullah wa yuallimukumullah( fear allah ,he will give you knowledge)”.the question is ,knowledge of what?it means kashf or ilham about unsen as prophet muhammad stated citing umar as an example.the only qualification is that such knowledge of the unseen given to a waliyi is lower than muujiza of prophets, which is pefect. karama of aulia is derivative from the original, ie muujiza. so, denying possibility of aulia to have kashaf or ilham on the unseen is denying what allah and prophet have confirmed.

note such knowledge obtained through kashaf or ilham is never a fresh message from allah to that waliyi.it is the elucidation and amplication of the original message given to the prophets. that is why any vision in the form of kashaf or ilham is subject to quran and sunnah,ie it cannot contradict them.that is why it is you definitely examplified that obnoxious wahhabi heretic views on islam.if the quran or hadith says sth is acceptable whoever denies it is a kafir. allah says in the quran “wattaqullah wa yuallimukumullah( fear allah ,he will give you knowledge)”.the question is ,knowledge of what?it means kashf or ilham about unsen as prophet muhammad stated citing umar as an example.the only qualification is that such knowledge of the unseen given to a waliyi is lower than muujiza of prophets, which is pefect. karama of aulia is derivative from the original, ie muujiza.

so, denying possibility of aulia to have kashaf or ilham on the unseen is denying what allah and prophet have confirmed. note such knowledge obtained through kashaf or ilham is never a fresh message from allah to that waliyi.it is the elucidation and amplification of the original message given to the prophets. that is why any vision in the form of kashaf or ilham is subject to quran and sunnah,ie it cannot contradict them.that is why it is called karama(gift).

https://baraka./2013/05/19/119/

This Last Comment Is Woow...exactly what I was telling this brother. Ibn Taymiyyah call those who deny Awliya and their karamat innovators. So call them by it.
Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 7:19pm On Feb 20, 2017
Sura, al-Nahl, Sura 16 entitled, ‘The Bee’ and Allah , Most High, declares, ‘And we sent down the book, the Qur’aan, which came down after the Torah, after the Gospel, on thee, O Muhammad ( s.a.w ), that this Qur’aan might explain all things; that this Qur’aan therefore might explain the Last Age, and that with this Qur’aan we may be able to understand the Signs Of Allah , Most High, big as billboards; which will appear in the Last Age. In this Qur’aan there is guidance, how to live at all times, but in particular, in the Last Age. That explanation and guidance constitute rahmah (mercy) from your Lord. For those who have the good sense and wisdom to accept it, embrace it and apply it- bushra la hum (good news, glad tidings) for such people. They will understand what others cannot. They will succeed when others will not.

Ihsaan

It is within these 81 days, shortly before the death of the Holy Prophet Muhammad ( s.a.w ) that he ( s.a.w ) was sitting in the Masjid.

The companions report that they were sitting with him, when something strange, mysterious, dramatic and unforgettable happened. A stranger entered into the Masjid. He was dressed all in white and his hair was black. No one knew him, so he could not have been from Madinah. He had to be a stranger from outside. Travel in those days was by camel or horse through the desert. If one had traveled, one would have sand in ones hair, clothing, and beard and all over ones person. This stranger had no dust upon him sop this was baffling. He is not a resident and there is no evidence that he had traveled, who is he? The stranger walks into the Masjid. This is at a time when Islam had already conquered Arabia and the Holy Prophet Muhammad ( s.a.w ) is the head of state of the whole of Arabia. Sop one would expect even more security than there was before to protect him from those wanting to harm him. This stranger walks through the gathering and goes directly to the Holy Prophet ( s.a.w ). It was strange that nobody stopped him. He then sits down so close in front of the Holy Prophet ( s.a.w ) that his knees touch the knees of the Holy Prophet ( s.a.w ). He was within range to inflict harm, if that was his intention. This was a breach of security so why did none of the companions attempt to stop him? They were all immobilized.

hkana, this might be something you wanna ready. This is the beginning of "sufism" or tasawwuf (The Spiritual Heart Of Islam)

1 Like

Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 7:24pm On Feb 20, 2017
These dramatic moments were unforgettable. Then the stranger began to question the Holy Prophet Muhammad ( s.a.w ). He is questioning the Holy Prophet Muhammad ( s.a.w ) about the deen! Who is this man and where did he get this authority to question the Holy Prophet Muhammad ( s.a.w ) from? The Holy Prophet Muhammad ( s.a.w ) submits to the questioning. This was strange and even stranger was the response of the stranger. On receiving the answers from the Holy Prophet Muhammad ( s.a.w ) he responds like a headmaster or a principal saying that the answer is correct. At the end of the five questions and answers, he got up as unceremoniously as he had come and he left. None of the companions would ever forget that day. The companions asked the Holy Prophet ( s.a.w ) as to whom the stranger was? The Holy Prophet ( s.a.w ) said that it was the angel, Gabriel ( a.s ) who had come as a human being.

He had appeared as a human being before Maryam ( a.s ) but no one else could see him. He had told her that she would give birth to a baby boy. She said, ‘How can I have a baby boy, when no man has ever touched me?’ On this occasion everybody could see him. Why did Allah , Most High, do this? There must be a very important reason that He sent this angel in such a dramatic and unforgettable way. There must be something tremendously important in these five questions and five answers.

Since this visit came at the last stage of the life of the Holy Prophet Muhammad ( s.a.w ) perhaps it also implies that in this is guidance for us concerning the awesome challenges of the last age, The Age of Dajjal.

Questions The Angel Asked The Prophet (SAW)

Question One! What is Islam?

Question Two! What is Imaan?

Question Three! What is al-Ihsaan?

Question Four! When will the Last Hour come?

Question Five! What are the signs of the Last Hour?

Had question one been posed while we were still in Makkah, before the Hijra, the answer would have been, ‘Islam is the declaration that there is no God, but Allah , Most High, and Muhammad ( s.a.w ) is His Messenger’. But the question is posed now after revelation had come down establishing the fast of Ramadan; the system of Zakaah as a compulsory tax which is collected by the state, since it is not a voluntary tax; after the liberation of Makkah; and after the Holy Prophet Muhammad ( s.a.w ) had performed the hajj. So the answer is, ‘Islam is the declaration that there is no God, but Allah , Most High, and Muhammad ( s.a.w ) is His Messenger; performance of salaah – if I neglect my salaah I am not a Muslim. Allah , Most High, says in the 3rd Sura, al-i-Imraan in verse 102:

Fear Allah , Most High, as He should be feared, and die not except as a Muslim

Do not die except in a state of submission to the supreme authority of Allah, Most High. Not the supreme authority of the state. Islam is that you must fast in the month of Ramadan, so if I don’t fast in the month of Ramadan, and I don’t have a proper excuse for it then I am not a Muslim. Islam is that I must pay the Zakaah when the state is established to collect the Zakaah. Which state is authorized to collect the zakaah? The state over which amir-ul-mumineen presides! That state is authorized to collect and pay the zakaah. Islam is that I must perform the hajj if I have the means to do so. In order to have the means, I must be free of debt which I have not the means to repay. This was the answer to question one.

1 Like

Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2017
Then he asked, ‘What is Imaan?’ The Holy Prophet Muhammad ( s.a.w ) replied that Imaan is that you must have faith. Be it in Allah , Most High,, His messengers, His books, His angels and the Last Day. But in the Holy Qur’aan, Allah , Most High, had taught us that the dwellers of the desert, the Bedouin, they declared a bit to quickly (49th Sura, al-Hujeraat in verse 14):

We have faith!

Allah , Most High, responded:

Say to them, ‘Most certainly you don’t have imaan.’

“You should rather confine yourself to say, ‘We have entered into Islam!’

‘For as yet, Imaan has not entered into your hearts’

So the answer to question one is located on the lips, and then it has to be lived. Question two the answer is that Islam must travel from the lips and must enter into the heart as its location. What happens when faith enters into the heart?

Question three is, ‘What is al-Ihsaan?’ Is there something after Imaan?

The Holy Prophet Muhammad ( s.a.w ) replies and says, ‘Ihsaan is: An tahbudallaha ka annaka tara

That you should worship Allah , Most High,: That you should live for Allah , Most High, as though you are seeing Him

But can we see Allah , Most High,? When Musa ( a.s ), the Prophet Moses ( a.s ), was on the mountain, Mount Sinai, he spoke and he said to Allah , Most High,:

[the 7th Sura, al-Araaf, Verse 143]:

Show me Your face, I want to see You (with these eyes - physical eyes)

Allah , Most High, responded and said: Not possible! You can’t see Me! Not with these eyes!

Then what does it mean that, you should worship Allah , Most High,, as though you are seeing Him?

The companions of the Holy Prophet ( s.a.w ) they asked, ‘O Messenger! Will we be able to see Allah , Most High, on the last day, the Last Day?’ He responded and he asked, ‘Do you have any difficulty in seeing the sun when it is mid-day?’ They said, ‘No problem we can see it.’ He asked, ‘Do you have any difficulty in seeing the moon when it is full moon?’ They said, ‘No!’ He said, ‘that’s how you are going to see your Lord on the Last Day.’

Allah , Most High, says, ‘You can’t see Me’ and the Holy Prophet ( s.a.w ) says, ‘you will see Him’?. What is the explanation? Now we can understand that there is no contradiction here. The meaning is, ‘You can’t see Me with these (physical) eyes.’
Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by ikupakuti(m): 7:41pm On Feb 20, 2017
Brilliant!
Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 7:45pm On Feb 20, 2017
Do we have any other eyes besides these eyes? The Holy Qur’aan says, ‘Yes! The heart can see’,

Welcome to ‘spirituality’. This is our subject. Do we have any other eyes besides these eyes? Do we have any other means of acquiring knowledge other than through external observation? National University of Singapore says, ‘No! External observation is the only source of knowledge.’ Harvard, Princeton and Yale say the same thing (exactly as our salafis brothers say today). These are the only eyes that we have. These are the only ears that we have. The Holy Qur’aan says, ‘No!’ and it gives a different epistemology from that Godless world out there, which cloaks itself with a mantle of a word called ‘secularism’. I want to take you to Sura Hajj where Allah, Most High, addresses the people who are internally dead, spiritually dead.

Allah, Most High, says to them [22nd Sura, Verse 46]:

Will they not travel through the earth? So that perhaps, perchance, (by traveling through the earth) their dead hearts might come alive

Now with a heart which has come alive they will be able to understand what the intellect could not! What rationality could not! What external observation could not!

When the heart comes alive, it can hear what otherwise could not be heard

Let me interrupt this verse of the Holy Qur’aan to take you to a hadith of the Holy Prophet ( s.a.w ). We will come back to the ayah.

The Jews lived amongst us Muslims for 1300 years when no one else in the world would open the doors for them. In Britain it was prohibited for them to live. They were being persecuted all over the face of the earth. The world of Islam opened the doors for them and they lived amongst us, in security- we guaranteed security of life and property. We recognized their religion. We assisted them in the enforcement of their religious law. This is what we did for 1300 years. After all of that had happened, then said the Holy Prophet ( s.a.w ) , in a hadith cited in Sahih Bukhari, in Sahih Muslim- thus being ‘agreed upon’ -mutafaqun alai . It is thus a strongest possible hadith[1]. He said:

‘You will surely fight the Jews and you will surely kill them (meaning: you will be successful in that fight). At that time the stones will speak. ‘O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me. Come and kill him’

When the stones begin to speak, with which ears will we hear? Will this be the first time that the stones speak? No! The stones spoke to the Holy Prophet Muhammad ( s.a.w ) in his lifetime. They offered ‘salaams’ to him. If we were there would we have heard? No! He was not hearing with these ears. It is when the heart has come alive, has faith in it and submits to the Supreme Authority of Allah , Most High, and not the supreme authority of the state, it is then that the heart can hear. So we know the stones are speaking now. This prophecy of Muhammad e is being fulfilled now. The stones are speaking in the Holy Land. When stones begin to speak, no one can stop them from speaking. At the end of this a Muslim army will destroy the State of Israel; these are the words of the Holy Prophet Muhammad ( s.a.w ). Let us go back to the verse of Sura Hajj:

Courtesy Of Sheik Imran Hussein
Re: The Soofeeyah's Dislike Of Knowledge by Empiree: 7:51pm On Feb 20, 2017
Allah , Most High, says to them [22nd Sura, Verse 46]:

Will they not travel through the earth? So that perhaps, perchance, (by traveling through the earth) their dead hearts might come alive

So that when their hearts come alive they would be able to understand what the intellect, rationality and external observation could not understand. With a heart that comes alive, they will be able to hear what otherwise they could not hear.

Truly, its not these eyes (physical eyes) which are blind. What is blind is the heart, which is inside the chest.

This is Islamic Spirituality. It has unfortunately been given a new term, coined by someone, sometime, somewhere. The term which was coined was Tasawwuf. I wish it had never been coined. My life and task would have been easier, because Tasawwuf and al-Ihsaan mean the same thing. Allah , Most High, delivered this word, al-Ihsaan to us, we should have stayed with this term.

He speaks of it in the Holy Qur’aan in the 29th Sura, al-Ankabuut (The Spider): in Verse69:

And those who strive and struggle (fi’na) to reach Me, We will guide them to the ways and paths through which they can reach Allah, Most High, Surely Allah , Most High, is with those who pursue the struggle of al-Ihsaan

And so the definition of al-Ihsaan: That you should worship Allah , Most High, as though you are seeing Him with your internal eyes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? / I Need An Advice From My Muslim Brothers And Sister. / Jibwis Build Beautiful Guest House In Abuja With Sallah Skin Donations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.