Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,613 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Emir Sanusi Tells Northern Governors, ‘we Must Convert Mosques To Schools’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Sanusi Tells Northern Governors, ‘we Must Convert Mosques To Schools’ (551 Views)

Northern Governors Wives Rock Aso Ebi To Ajimobi & Ganduje’s Children's Wedding / Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders / "Convert Mosques To Primary Schools" -Emir Of Kano To Northern Nigeria Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Tells Northern Governors, ‘we Must Convert Mosques To Schools’ by sunmbo123(m): 9:40am On Feb 08, 2017
Emir Muhammadu Sanusi of Kano has asked governors in the north to start converting mosques to primary schools, especially in the villages.

Emir of Kano wants mosques converted to schools
Premium Times reports that the topmost traditional ruler said this during the Kano Educational Week programme adding: “I was in Morocco sometimes ago and I asked to see their universities. They took me to mosques where I saw each serving as classrooms teaching Computer Science and other subjects."

According to Emir Sanusi, the mosque is not originally meant for prayers alone, but also used for events like marriages, educational activities and leadership trainings.

He argued that using the mosques for these other practices would help to save money and energy while adding that if this idea was adopted, funds allocated to building schools could be used for other things including training of teachers.

In his remark, Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano explained that the government had spent over N30 billion on salaries of teaching and non-teaching staff of schools in the 44 local councils of the state.
He added that the state was hoping to produce over 25,000 qualified teachers in Kano through the new initiative by

source: http://www.nigeriannewspapers.today/2017/02/07/just-in-emir-sanusi-tells-northern-governors-we-must-convert-mosques-to-schools/

cc seun, mynd44, lalasticlala

Re: Emir Sanusi Tells Northern Governors, ‘we Must Convert Mosques To Schools’ by MrGreenMavro: 9:58am On Feb 08, 2017
angry
Re: Emir Sanusi Tells Northern Governors, ‘we Must Convert Mosques To Schools’ by EYIBLESSN(m): 1:39pm On Feb 08, 2017
God blesses You Sir, SLS

How will you give birth to a new born baby and start building and teaching him/her about religion.

In the South here it is morality before religion. Teach your children morals and little of religious stuff. When the children are equipped morally, differentiating between right and wrong is very easy.

Teaching them about religion is good but it clouds their reasoning. Later in life they become fanatics in their religion.

Western Education First.
I am a Moralist.

(1) (Reply)

The President's Status / Comparing WIKE With Other Governors.... / Why The National Assembly Must Ban Tribal Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.