Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,854 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria (80766 Views)

What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe? / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by squarelead(m): 7:13pm On Jul 10, 2022
Pls is this thread still on. Would need details on family visa to Canada. Help a brother. Ranging from finances, requirements and eligibility
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Sammmypoko(m): 7:41am On Oct 22, 2022
Business Management program at

NBCC (New Brunswick Community College), at Mew Brunswick, Canada

Any advice on this school?

abdulkabirtobi:

Good, I need help please. Will a pgdc courses (probably two one year course duration back to back) be a good one? Like I have done my research on New Brunswick Community College and I think they have a cheap tuition, so I'm considering doing a year post graduate diploma program there and later move to Manitoba for another one year program to secure a three years pgwp and key in to Manitoba pr advantage. What about this brother?
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by IbeOkehie: 2:38am On Dec 15, 2023
my friend that earns 400 k monthly with real prospect of peak earning of 800 k in 10 year want to quit and move to canada through skill migration or post graduate diploma...he has an MBA already we have been having discussion for and against pls would like forumist staying in Canada to advice him cos you have tested both world

person is 35 year oil ,operation manager of an oil and gas firm,has a house 10 m and pension account of 5 million ,engaged hold an MBA degree
with Cgpa of 4.0/5

thanks

Ahhhh, another blast from the past. Just look at that...₦400K/month in 2017. OK, let's assume your "friend" has already hit the envisaged peak income of ₦800K/month, would he be better off in Nigeria TODAY? With salary of $700/month?

grin grin grin

Here's hoping he made the right choice.

Good Luck to Nigerians!!!

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by maternal: 5:27pm On Dec 15, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Ahhhh, another blast from the past. Just look at that...₦400K/month in 2017. OK, let's assume your "friend" has already hit the envisaged peak income of ₦800K/month, would he be better off in Nigeria TODAY? With salary of $700/month?

grin grin grin

They don't understand things are only getting worse !!
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by OgbeniOptional(m): 8:21pm On Dec 15, 2023
You have no business abroad except vacation if you earn 800k back home. My personal opinion, Cuz if you are kind hearted you are sending around 300k monthly to help people back home excluding your family o. The crazy thing is, the guy who earns 800k may still ask you living abroad for favor. If you know what you are doing, you would build house within 4 years with 800k a month not paying bloody mortgage for 25 years. Have a car paid for cash. This is my personal opinion

IbeOkehie:

grin grin grin

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by IbeOkehie: 8:34pm On Dec 15, 2023
OgbeniOptional:
You have not business abroad if you earn 800k back home. My personal opinion. Cuz if you are kind hearted you are sending around 300k alone to help people back home. The crazy thing is, the guy who earns 800k may still ask you living abroad for favor.

I have alluded to this many times. I have visited friends and family in UK, Italy and Germany as house guest and at hotels, for weeks at a time. NEVER has any of them bothered me for anything or asked for money.

Visit Nigeria and so-called Big Boys & Girls will be pestering me for favors and money.

OK $700 or ₦800K is a big salary. It's a high achievement in Nigeria. A car I was driving in 2013 in that Nigeria cost ₦8K to fill the petrol tank, today the same fill up costs over ₦50K!!!

The roads are bad too. Na so pothole and gallop full everywhere, jacking up maintenance costs.

Wetin again now? It's no surprise many middle class car owners in Nigeria have parked their cars. That's just FACTS, it happened in the 1980's under General Buhari as military President and here we are again. You have to ask what is wrong with Nigerians that makes them accept this kind of suffering and exploitation. And then come to the internet to BOAST about it shocked

Dem de craze!!!

Good Luck to Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Kenn55: 2:13pm On Dec 16, 2023
OgbeniOptional:
You have no business abroad except vacation if you earn 800k back home. My personal opinion, Cuz if you are kind hearted you are sending around 300k monthly to help people back home excluding your family o. The crazy thing is, the guy who earns 800k may still ask you living abroad for favor. If you know what you are doing, you would build house within 4 years with 800k a month not paying bloody mortgage for 25 years. Have a car paid for cash. This is my personal opinion

What am I reading? Are you talking about 800k 10 years ago or 800k in today's Nigeria?

Are you talking about building a house in Lagos or other viable cities or building a bungalow in your village?
Even if you don't remove 1 penny from your 800k salary in 4 years, it may not even be enough to buy you a land in Lagos in some locations not to talk of building a house. Do you know the present cost of building materials? Have you done a building project recently? So how then can you pay your rent, fuel your car and home etc. on your 800k salary and still build a house in a city from the money in 4 years? You be magician?

It's obvious you are a low income earner, that is why 800k looks big to you, it is not your fault, I understand.
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by OgbeniOptional(m): 8:01pm On Dec 16, 2023
Kenn55:

What am I reading? Are you talking about 800k 10 years ago or 800k in today's Nigeria?

Are you talking about building a house in Lagos or other viable cities or building a bungalow in your village?
Even if you don't remove 1 penny from your 800k salary in 4 years, it may not even be enough to buy you a land in Lagos in some locations not to talk of building a house. Do you know the present cost of building materials? Have you done a building project recently? So how then can you pay your rent, fuel your car and home etc. on your 800k salary and still build a house in a city from the money in 4 years? You be magician?

It's obvious you are a low income earner, that is why 800k looks big to you, it is not your fault, I understand.

Lol, 800k salary is big enough in Nigeria for one person, not many earn up to that in Nigeria and living fine. Lagos is not the only place in Nigeria but then loads of people earning 500k in Lekki and are okay. If you earn more than that then u are lucky, why would bank manager be working in factories in the name of looking for greener pastures when he’s okay back home? He regrets leaving his job back home but he can’t go back cuz of all the money already spent. Again, that’s my personal opinion, experience is not theory man
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Kenn55: 11:41pm On Dec 16, 2023
OgbeniOptional:

Lol, 800k salary is big enough in Nigeria for one person, not many earn up to that in Nigeria and living fine. Lagos is not the only place in Nigeria but then loads of people earning 500k in Lekki and are okay. If you earn more than that then u are lucky, why would bank manager be working in factories in the name of looking for greener pastures when he’s okay back home? He regrets leaving his job back home but he can’t go back cuz of all the money already spent. Again, that’s my personal opinion, experience is not theory man

Bros, I didn't say 800k won't be enough for somebody afterall people who earn 50k are still alive.
I was jus responding to your statement that someone earning 800k can build a house in 4 years and I'm telling you that is not realistic in today's Nigeria where you buy materials today for say 20 naira and by the time you come back next month to buy the same material it has now become 25 naira

Your 800k can't even get you 2 trips of chippings. A trip (20 tons) now is not less than 450k now. I have a building project going on right now and I know what my eye is seeing.

For someone earning 800k to own a house in Lagos or any other top city in Nigeria where he has to buy a land, he will either take a mortgage or build it over 7 years at least and that is if all his monthly earnings is going into his building project and that is not realistic

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) / Onitsha Lockdown Relaxation: What Upper Iweka Looks Like- Pictures / Nigerians Confront South Africans With Guns In Pretoria - Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.