Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,315 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Help!!! My Husband's Friend Is Getting On My Nerves - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! My Husband's Friend Is Getting On My Nerves (6099 Views)

A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... / The Woman My Best Friend Is About To Marry This Saturday Has No Womb, Help / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Husband's Friend Is Getting On My Nerves by Coldplay007(f): 9:08pm On Feb 12, 2017
lol.. Very troublesome woman.. You rejected gift of catfish in the presence of the gifter.. You are just embarrassing your hubby upandan..
You want your hubby's friend and age mate to be doing house chore for you??..
I know that toilet flushing part is a lie.. maybe he forgot to flush once, but to say he never flushes the toilet, you are a troublemaker and a liar..
He has left your house but you want him to thank you for maltreating him and taking the little dignity he had left...
continuuu

7 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Husband's Friend Is Getting On My Nerves by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 12, 2017
Fake story. Why are you bothering us if your husband's friend has already left the house?

Or how exactly do you want us to help you now?

You want us to go call him back to come and prostrate and thank you for housing him or what?!

undecided

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Husband's Friend Is Getting On My Nerves by greenmonk: 6:58am On Feb 13, 2017
[quote author=eyinjuege post=53576900]

How's he getting on your nerves again? I thought you said he's packed his things and left your home?

Or are you feeling guilty?

Anyway, what I have to say is that madam, you're too forward. You should have left some things for your husband to say.

Most husbands will warn their friends and let them know that their wives are not slaves for their friends. Its your husband's place to tell him to fetch his water to bath, or clear his plates after eating. Even if your husband wants him to contribute anything to the home, it should come from your husband.
Anyway, he obviously wasn't happy with you. He will talk to his friend later, I guess.[e]

Women are fond of behaving this way.
I hard similar experience a long time ago when I used a friend's house to transit to my location.
His wife started acting Queen of d house until her husband called her one day when he thought I was asleep to inform her that I was actually the one paying their house rent and even was d one who intervened to bring her back when they quarrelled when everyone else supported him to let her go. The hostility towards me then ended.
Re: Help!!! My Husband's Friend Is Getting On My Nerves by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 13, 2017
Richy4:

You don't really have to jump into conclusion based on the little information you got....if u have ever lived with someone that was not your parent, if he or she doesn't like you, do whatever you can, he or she will never be pleased or consider it to be any thing.. You do not expect an adult to go to the toilet without flushing it...yes some of them do not double check to see if it has all gone..but someone that does not like u will embellish it....
I do not know if you are a man or a woman...But Do you expect your mate..your best friend to wash your husband's car or your wife's car? any woman that harbor such thought will go to any extent to degrade anyone that comes his or her way.....And I disagree with you when you said someone that cannot stoop as low as washing his mate's care hardly become successful....for him to live that house the next day after being insulted shows that he still got some dignity in him.....Self respect is an uncommon gift that that cannot be bought with money....An idiot will stay and have all kind of insult throw at him ....and yes if he try hard enough he can make it.

I will not expect my husband's friend to wash his car,although many still do that as a show of respect and to bring better luck.I drive my best friend's car sometimes and i wash it or pick her dirty clothes for washing.Fact is,she has helped me so many times and i appreciate it.HUMILITY takes even a pauper to many places.PRIDE still goes before an a fall.If you eat in a person's house,courtesy demands you appreciate whoever that cooks the food.I know several rich fellows who still say ''Thank you'' to their hired cooks.

Remember that the wife is the owner of the home.She manages the home,and so,the pressure to make sure everything is in order is her major responsibility.Having a visitor who doesn't do ANYTHING is already a burden.My father had a close relation that stayed with us.As kids back then,we loved him because he was close to the house and helped my mother well.Several times he cautioned my father to desist from picking quarrels with my mother.All these he did despite he was seriously down with poverty.He is in GERMANY with his family.And till date,he dear in our hearts.

In life,we must learn to contribute even the little we can spare.MANNA can never fall from heaven in the real life.ANYBODY that is kind enough to open his doors for you must be appreciated.NOBODY is too big or small,male or female to be accorded due respect!

Now the guy is gone.To me,its a good riddance!No good impart made,NOTHING appreciated!

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Husband's Friend Is Getting On My Nerves by Amhappy(f): 12:22pm On Feb 13, 2017
If some one do not flush the toilet after use,I will lock the toilet. Only a baby or a handicapped shall I clean their poo. If you don't pick up and wash your plates then you are not ready for the next meal. If you behave like a child,I train you like one.
But why will he wash a car he doesn't use?
And why you reject catfish in this Buhari era? Nawa you ooo. Also him thanking you is not by force. Allow God to be the one to thank you.
Thank God the guy don go.
Single friend in a married person house is bad news. I have my own experience of 3yrs plus and the guy is still here sef. But at least he's more responsible not flush my poo type.
Re: Help!!! My Husband's Friend Is Getting On My Nerves by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 13, 2017
Amhappy:
If some one do not flush the toilet after use,I will lock the toilet. Only a baby or a handicapped shall I clean their poo. If you don't pick up and wash your plates then you are not ready for the next meal. If you behave like a child,I train you like one.
But why will he wash a car he doesn't use?
And why you reject catfish in this Buhari era? Nawa you ooo. Also him thanking you is not by force. Allow God to be the one to thank you.
Thank God the guy don go.
Single friend in a married person house is bad news. I have my own experience of 3yrs plus and the guy is still here sef. But at least he's more responsible not flush my poo type.

It seems Nigeria women are becoming more tolerating.I cant accept such in my matrimonial home.I rather forfeit my salary to enable him pay for rent elsewhere.
Re: Help!!! My Husband's Friend Is Getting On My Nerves by Richy4(m): 12:37pm On Feb 13, 2017
LynnPetra:

I will not expect my husband's friend to wash his car,although many still do that as a show of respect and to bring better luck.I drive my best friend's car sometimes and i wash it or pick her dirty clothes for washing.Fact is,she has helped me so many times and i appreciate it.HUMILITY takes even a pauper to many places.PRIDE still goes before an a fall.If you eat in a person's house,courtesy demands you appreciate whoever that cooks the food.I know several rich fellows who still say ''Thank you'' to their hired cooks.

Remember that the wife is the owner of the home.She manages the home,and so,the pressure to make sure everything is in order is her major responsibility.Having a visitor who doesn't do ANYTHING is already a burden.[b]My father had a close relation [/b]that stayed with us.As kids back then,we loved him because he was close to the house and helped my mother well.Several times he cautioned my father to desist from picking quarrels with my mother.All these he did despite he was seriously down with poverty.He is in GERMANY with his family.And till date,he dear in our hearts.

In life,we must learn to contribute even the little we can spare.MANNA can never fall from heaven in the real life.ANYBODY that is kind enough to open his doors for you must be appreciated.NOBODY is too big or small,male or female to be accorded due respects

Now the guy is gone.To me,its a good riddance!No good impart made,NOTHING appreciated!

<<<I am glad you side you will not expect your friend to wash your husband's car...Now the question is..was the OP expecting the man to wash the car or not?

<<<The car of your friend that you said you were driving, Was it stated anywhere that the guy living with them was driving their car?

<<<Do you actually believed that someone will pass food to an Adult and he will not say thank you..

<<<If a woman will embarrass the husband by rejecting a gift given to the family infront of the husband and the guest, without waiting for the husband's opinion, can't u possibly read between the line what that woman can do?

<<<You said your dad's relation was living with u guys, possibly an uncle..He is family....What we are dealing with here is Friendship between two mates that the woman doesn't like in her house...It is all good that she does not like him because it is not compulsory you must like every one.. but the way she went about it was what we are talking about...All the cooked up lies just to justify her action and she forgot that her mode of writing gives her away..

<<<<I am very glad too that that guy left so that he will not swallow all the crap the lady got in stock...

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Husband's Friend Is Getting On My Nerves by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 13, 2017
Richy4:

<<<I am glad you side you will not expect your friend to wash your husband's car...Now the question is..was the OP expecting the man to wash the car or not?

<<<The car of your friend that you said you were driving, Was it stated anywhere that the guy living with them was driving their car?

<<<Do you actually believed that someone will pass food to an Adult and he will not say thank you..

<<<If a woman will embarrass the husband by rejecting a gift given to the family infront of the husband and the guest, without waiting for the husband's opinion, can't u possibly read between the line what that woman can do?

<<<You said your dad's relation was living with u guys, possibly an uncle..He is family....What we are dealing with here is Friendship between two mates that the woman doesn't like in her house...It is all good that she does not like him because it is not compulsory you must like every one.. but the way she went about it was what we are talking about...All the cooked up lies just to justify her action and she forgot that her mode of writing gives her away..

<<<<I am very glad too that that guy left so that he will not swallow all the crap the lady got in stock...

Her relationship with her husband is not the issue of discourse here.As a matter of fact she is still under her husband's roof and holds that authority as a wife.Husband and wife dey quarrel,no be today wives begin misbehave.We are talking about a friend here,an intruder if i interpret it well in my own language.He is at their mercy,he is not living with his friend alone but with his friend's family as well.Women are very territorial,and so,if he is expecting his ego to be massaged by someone who isnt his wife then he must be taught a hard lesson about life.

Its good he left.HE IS SUCH A BIG BURDEN ALREADY!
Hopefully the next friend he squats with will flush the toilet for him,and as well give out his wife at night as a compliment.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Husband's Friend Is Getting On My Nerves by Richy4(m): 2:06pm On Feb 13, 2017
LynnPetra:

Her relationship with her husband is not the issue of discourse here.As a matter of fact she is still under her husband's roof and holds that authority as a wife.Husband and wife dey quarrel,no be today wives begin misbehave.We are talking about a friend here,an intruder if i interpret it well in my own language.He is at their mercy,he is not living with his friend alone but with his friend's family as well.Women are very territorial,and so,if he is expecting his ego to be massaged by someone who isnt his wife then he must be taught a hard lesson about life.

Its good he left.HE IS SUCH A BIG BURDEN ALREADY!
Hopefully the next friend he squats with will flush the toilet for him,and as well give out his wife at night as a compliment.

All what I pinpointed, You did not answer any of it.......and only jumped into saying that the husband and wife was not the issue which by the way I never mentioned that it was........It is all good and I can just Imagine how "at their mercy" he was......And the only mistake he made was refusing to bow down and worship the woman as the madam of the house because he was according to you "@ their mercy" ...It's cool chatting with you...have a good day. smiley

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Husband's Friend Is Getting On My Nerves by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 13, 2017
Richy4:

All what I pinpointed, You did not answer any of it.......and only jumped into saying that the husband and wife was not the issue which by the way I never mentioned that it was........It is all good and I can just Imagine how "at their mercy" he was......And the only mistake he made was refusing to bow down and worship the woman as the madam of the house because he was according to you "@ their mercy" ...It's cool chatting with you...have a good day. smiley

Have a better day!
Re: Help!!! My Husband's Friend Is Getting On My Nerves by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 01, 2017
chuksville:
Please give your since matured advice, any insulting comment I remove it..
From my inbox
Goodmorning beautiful people .
Thank you all. Please i need a sincere comments and advice on this...
My husband's friend staying with me is getting on my nerves in the sence that he doesn't help me out in any house chores like washing the cars and helping out in fetching water but two other guys staying with me does these things without being told to.
there was a day i had a misunderstanding with my husband over preparing cat fish brought by someone who I don't like the way he behaves and i rejected his gift in the persons presence my husband got angry and ordered his friend to prepare the fish in her kitchen. .I am someone that accommodates people when they visit buh this one that came, what he does is to eat without saying thank you after meal,sleep without helping out in the house .there are times i will fetch water and the guy will just seat and be watching me fetch water without making any attempt to help out. two days ago i called a meeting and made him to understand that the other two guys staying with my husband are not his errand boys they are here just the way he came too and they are not his servants ,i made him understand that i won't tolerate such act in my house.if he wakes up in the morning he should help out in the house that its a way of showing appreciation for staying with us .
This morning he packed his things and left without saying thank you to the woman of the house or saying at least I am leaving tnx for accommodating me for close a year. the guy is so annoying that he would use the toilet without flushing it .eat and leave the plates for me or other guys to pack it for him.
pls have done anything wrong? Your sincere comments please .
Re: Help!!! My Husband's Friend Is Getting On My Nerves by Abiagirl777(f): 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2017
firstking01:
Let him fvck off to hell with his over bloated egoundecided…ingrate.

I could understand her patience for 1: mth but one Yr,nah!
Nairalanders talk what you ppl can endure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Husband's Friend Is Getting On My Nerves by bukatyne(f): 7:03pm On Aug 01, 2017
chuksville:
From my inbox
My husband's friend staying with me is getting on my nerves in the sence that he doesn't help me out in any house chores like washing the cars and helping out in fetching water but two other guys staying with me does these things without being told to.
there was a day i had a misunderstanding with my husband over preparing cat fish brought by someone who I don't like the way he behaves and i rejected his gift in the persons presence my husband got angry and ordered his friend to prepare the fish in her kitchen. .I am someone that accommodates people when they visit buh this one that came, what he does is to eat without saying thank you after meal,sleep without helping out in the house .there are times i will fetch water and the guy will just seat and be watching me fetch water without making any attempt to help out. two days ago i called a meeting and made him to understand that the other two guys staying with my husband are not his errand boys they are here just the way he came too and they are not his servants ,i made him understand that i won't tolerate such act in my house.if he wakes up in the morning he should help out in the house that its a way of showing appreciation for staying with us .
This morning he packed his things and left without saying thank you to the woman of the house or saying at least I am leaving tnx for accommodating me for close a year. the guy is so annoying that he would use the toilet without flushing it .eat and leave the plates for me or other guys to pack it for him.

Husband's friend: Ingrate and entitled
Wife: Forward and vindictive

Goodluck to the both of you.
Re: Help!!! My Husband's Friend Is Getting On My Nerves by ikemesit4477: 9:56pm On Aug 01, 2017
chuksville:
From my inbox
if these story is true, these woman is a very wicked person, how could you expect your husband's friend to help you with house chores, that is very wrong, he might be the same age with your husband, so because of condition you have to subject him to something else, despite having two other helpers in the house you are not still satisfied, you cannot portray that kind of character in my house I will send you packing with immediate effect!

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Husband's Friend Is Getting On My Nerves by Blissquare(f): 9:43am On Aug 05, 2017
You did not mention your husbands say in all this. However, don't let people's comment bully you. He is a freeloader. Thank God he is gone. If he is staying due to circumstances beyond his control, is that a reason to be irrelevant? He can make you enjoy his stay. A man living with a married friend and his wife is a fool no matter how you look at it. It is his bad nature that prevents family members from taking him in or giving him money for one room. A fool is a fool. We have to stop sugar coating negative things on nairaland.
Re: Help!!! My Husband's Friend Is Getting On My Nerves by Jman06(m): 12:04pm On Aug 05, 2017
Benita27:
Lol...some people just have this feeling of entitlement, he is your husband's friend so felt you and the other boys should serve him.

Two helping hands is ok, i don't see why he should be doing chores, help someone with an open arm. His attitude of not flushing the toilet was bad...he left not saying "Thank you" because of the way you treated him, i can sense that, but failed to put it on your write-up...which is bad of him too, people react differently to things.
The guy is an ingrate! He should have known that the best way to thank someone who is accomodating one is to try be useful in the house by doing chores.

@op, the fact that he left your house was a good riddance to bad rubbish. Don't even bother yourself with that guy again because such people don't help others at all when they are in a position to help.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Husband's Friend Is Getting On My Nerves by Jman06(m): 12:13pm On Aug 05, 2017
ikemesit4477:
if these story is true, these woman is a very wicked person, how could you expect your husband's friend to help you with house chores, that is very wrong, he might be the same age with your husband, so because of condition you have to subject him to something else, despite having two other helpers in the house you are not still satisfied, you cannot portray that kind of character in my house I will send you packing with immediate effect!
No! The lady is not wicked! Any grown man who is not ashamed to live under a married friend's roof for CLOSE TO A YEAR should not be ashamed to make himself useful in the home front.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Husband's Friend Is Getting On My Nerves by kweenkong(f): 11:32pm On Aug 05, 2017
The only fault I see with this woman is she didn't respect her husband. Honestly some people are very annonying.
An old friend of my husband called wanted to come to Lagos and stay for a week with the plan that he would stay with us once he got the job. My husband opposed to him coming but I encouraged him to let his friend stay.

1) he never said thank you for one single meal, he was home all thru after the interview the first day- to me that is rude.

2) I cooked beans one day when I served him he said he doesn't eat beans and my husband he actually forgot. I left my meal and boiled rice for him, no appreciation.

3) while I was seated he had the mind to ask hubby what happened btw him and his ex. Now I know the full gist of what happened and hubby's ex and I are quite friendly but I felt so slighted. In my house, over a meal I cooked.

4) while he stayed he would wake with a bottle of Jack Daniels sit on my balcony as early as 8am to drink no exagerration om

When he left we did a post mortem of his visit and hubby and I agreed it would be his last. Even when he was finally leaving it is only good manners to thank your host and hostess, I could have been a fly on the wall for all he cared. Even my help washed all his clothes not a thank you as he was leaving.

Some men are just ill mannered.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: / Anger Reactions In Nigerian Men And Women / I Want A Sugar Daddy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.