Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,783 members, 7,955,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:44 PM

Five (5) Ways To Speed Up Your Android Device - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Five (5) Ways To Speed Up Your Android Device (1293 Views)

7 Ways To Speed Up Your Android Phone / 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone / Nigerian Develops App To Speed Up Browsers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five (5) Ways To Speed Up Your Android Device by Akpevwe9: 2:07pm On Feb 10, 2017
Everyone don't want their Android phone running slow. I have seen many people complain about their phones running low(I too use to complain then) so I did a little research on how to tackle this problem associated with many Android users.

Is your Android device running low? Here are five possible tipsto help you speed it up.

1. PINPOINT THE PROBLEM
It could be an app, multiple apps, the storage or the system itself slowing down your device. Before you either fix your device yourself or give it to a technician to help you fix it, it is important you try to identify what the problem is or might be, and what the problem isn’t. With this knowledge, the problem will be easier for you to solve on your own or, if you decide to give the phone to a technician instead, it will help you avoid being cheated.

A diagnostic app can help you pinpoint the problem causing your device to run slowly. Phone Doctor Plus and Z-device Test are good diagnostic apps. Some Android devices come with diagnostic apps, like Samsung with the Samsung Smart Care app. In this case, you can take advantage of that rather than downloading another from Google Play Store.

2. CLEAR YOUR CACHED DATA
This is more or less a temporary solution if your device’s slowness is caused by the unnecessary apps you installed. Cache data eats up system resources (takes up storage space on your device) while slowing down your device. You should clear this data from time to time or install a cache clearing app, like Clean Master. You have nothing to fear deleting this data, anything important will simply be re-cached the next time you open the app.
This is considered a temporary solution because you’ll eventually have to delete some of these apps you are clearing the cached data of, to more permanently fix the problem of your device running slowly.

3. UNINSTALL AND DISABLE UNNECESSARY APPS
If after diagnosing the problem, you find that a certain app or the multiple apps you installed on your device is causing your device to run slowly, you should immediately uninstall it.

For apps that you cannot delete you should disable as many as you are not using to keep them from running in the background.
You can uninstall or disable apps through the app manager found in your device’s settings.
Learn to close all apps you are no longer using.This helps to free up your RAM and improve your device’s performance.

4. FREE UP YOUR DEVICE STORAGE
Aside uninstalling unnecessary apps, especially if the problem is caused by insufficient storage, you should also delete some of the many files that are filling up your internal storage.

If you want to avoid losing certain files completely, you can transfer them to another device (phone, laptop, tablet) or a flash drive.
You can also disable some of the widgets running on your device that you are not really using, alongside animations and live wallpapers.

5. PERFORM A FACTORY DATA RESET
Over time, a lot goes on in your device’s software so it's advisable to give your device a fresh start. This should not be done often, only from time to time especially when all the other tips don’t work as well as you want them to do.

A factory data reset will wipe your device clean and leave the software the way it was when you first turned on the device, so backup important files before you do this. Some Android devices come with a “Backup and Reset” option in the device’s settings, Some other devices have a recovery menu for backing up important files.

The steps are different for every device, these are applicable to my itel S31, so you can use Google to help you out with more steps for your device.

I hope this helps all Android users.
Re: Five (5) Ways To Speed Up Your Android Device by Erngie(f): 2:10pm On Feb 10, 2017
Ok. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Five (5) Ways To Speed Up Your Android Device by Queentito(f): 2:46pm On Feb 10, 2017
Akpevwe9:
Everyone don't want their Android phone running slow. I have seen many people complain about their phones running low(I too use to complain then) so I did a little research on how to tackle this problem associated with many Android users.

Is your Android device running low? Here are five possible tipsto help you speed it up.

1. PINPOINT THE PROBLEM
It could be an app, multiple apps, the storage or the system itself slowing down your device. Before you either fix your device yourself or give it to a technician to help you fix it, it is important you try to identify what the problem is or might be, and what the problem isn’t. With this knowledge, the problem will be easier for you to solve on your own or, if you decide to give the phone to a technician instead, it will help you avoid being cheated.

A diagnostic app can help you pinpoint the problem causing your device to run slowly. Phone Doctor Plus and Z-device Test are good diagnostic apps. Some Android devices come with diagnostic apps, like Samsung with the Samsung Smart Care app. In this case, you can take advantage of that rather than downloading another from Google Play Store.

2. CLEAR YOUR CACHED DATA
This is more or less a temporary solution if your device’s slowness is caused by the unnecessary apps you installed. Cache data eats up system resources (takes up storage space on your device) while slowing down your device. You should clear this data from time to time or install a cache clearing app, like Clean Master. You have nothing to fear deleting this data, anything important will simply be re-cached the next time you open the app.
This is considered a temporary solution because you’ll eventually have to delete some of these apps you are clearing the cached data of, to more permanently fix the problem of your device running slowly.

3. UNINSTALL AND DISABLE UNNECESSARY APPS
If after diagnosing the problem, you find that a certain app or the multiple apps you installed on your device is causing your device to run slowly, you should immediately uninstall it.

For apps that you cannot delete you should disable as many as you are not using to keep them from running in the background.
You can uninstall or disable apps through the app manager found in your device’s settings.
Learn to close all apps you are no longer using.This helps to free up your RAM and improve your device’s performance.

4. FREE UP YOUR DEVICE STORAGE
Aside uninstalling unnecessary apps, especially if the problem is caused by insufficient storage, you should also delete some of the many files that are filling up your internal storage.

If you want to avoid losing certain files completely, you can transfer them to another device (phone, laptop, tablet) or a flash drive.
You can also disable some of the widgets running on your device that you are not really using, alongside animations and live wallpapers.

5. PERFORM A FACTORY DATA RESET
Over time, a lot goes on in your device’s software so it's advisable to give your device a fresh start. This should not be done often, only from time to time especially when all the other tips don’t work as well as you want them to do.

A factory data reset will wipe your device clean and leave the software the way it was when you first turned on the device, so backup important files before you do this. Some Android devices come with a “Backup and Reset” option in the device’s settings, Some other devices have a recovery menu for backing up important files.

The steps are different for every device, these are applicable to my itel S31, so you can use Google to help you out with more steps for your device.

I hope this helps all Android users.
I use itel S31 too so I can make do with this info. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Ways To Speed Up Your Android Device by emmavis4u0052(m): 3:12pm On Feb 10, 2017
thanks . my itelS31 is till doing great
Re: Five (5) Ways To Speed Up Your Android Device by kio052001(m): 7:50pm On Feb 10, 2017
still waiting for her to get tired of taking selfies with her Itel S31 mobile phone so I can carry out these steps

by the way thanks abunch

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Ways To Speed Up Your Android Device by Oscarpraise(m): 10:59pm On Feb 10, 2017
Nice... It will help a lot
Re: Five (5) Ways To Speed Up Your Android Device by emperor650(m): 12:56am On Feb 11, 2017
When I say Itel is a leading mobile company in Africa..... One idiot go come say na lie.... Real classy guys use Itel S31
Re: Five (5) Ways To Speed Up Your Android Device by olo2phemmy: 9:28pm On Feb 14, 2017
Really good information
Re: Five (5) Ways To Speed Up Your Android Device by cadiz: 4:41pm On Feb 16, 2017
sometimes its so hard to find the files filling up my internal memory, its better you just do the factory reset
Re: Five (5) Ways To Speed Up Your Android Device by FellaL: 8:39pm On Feb 16, 2017
thanks man
Re: Five (5) Ways To Speed Up Your Android Device by Jude22: 11:57pm On Feb 16, 2017
Important info
Re: Five (5) Ways To Speed Up Your Android Device by emmavis4u0052(m): 7:48am On Feb 17, 2017
kio052001:
still waiting for her to get tired of taking selfies with her Itel S31 mobile phone so I can carry out these steps

by the way thanks abunch
I guess she is enjoying her itelS31 fone . so if u love urs , talk abt it

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! Is The Samsung J7 Prime A Choice Of Phone To Buy / ;udget Of 75k, Which Phone Should I Buy? / I Need A Free VPN That I Can Use For My Android Phone With Settings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.