Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Tension In Adamawa As EFCC Arrests 8 Councillors In One Local Government …see De - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In Adamawa As EFCC Arrests 8 Councillors In One Local Government …see De (598 Views)

23 Women Became Chairmen & Councillors In Just Concluded Kebbi Polls. (photos) / Atiku Emerges New Waziri Adamawa, As Son Takes Over Title Of Turaki / Fayose Rocks Customized 'Oshoko' Shirt As He Meets Ekiti Chairmen & Councillors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension In Adamawa As EFCC Arrests 8 Councillors In One Local Government …see De by princejamestech: 11:28am On Feb 11, 2017
Officials of the Economic and Financial Crime Commission have arrested eight councillors of Yola North Metropolitan Council of Adamawa.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria, the Chairman of the council, Alhaji Mahmoud Mamman, said the councillors were detained at the Adamawa Police Command headquarters.
He said, “I was informed that eight councillors were arrested by EFCC and I had to rush with my Vice Chairman to the police headquarters to see what is happening.
“I was told that eight councillors were arrested but so far I saw only five when I went there this morning.”
The chairman who declined to give the names of those arrested or the reason why they were arrested said only the EFCC could do that.
When contacted on the development, the spokesman of Adamawa Police Command, SP Othman Abubakar, who did not give the number of those arrested, said that it was purely the affairs of EFCC.
“All I know is that EFCC officials brought them to our facility”, Abubakar said.
Effort to get the officials of EFCC to comment did not yield result.
source : http://www.naijainformat.com/2017/02/tension-in-adamawa-as-efcc-arrests-8.html

Re: Tension In Adamawa As EFCC Arrests 8 Councillors In One Local Government …see De by searchng4love: 11:29am On Feb 11, 2017
Hmm
Re: Tension In Adamawa As EFCC Arrests 8 Councillors In One Local Government …see De by Nick4life: 11:31am On Feb 11, 2017
Aaaa
Re: Tension In Adamawa As EFCC Arrests 8 Councillors In One Local Government …see De by orunto27: 11:32am On Feb 11, 2017
Arrest them all. They are Touts and Thieves.
Re: Tension In Adamawa As EFCC Arrests 8 Councillors In One Local Government …see De by greatiyk4u(m): 11:34am On Feb 11, 2017
when is EFCC coming down to Enugu?
Re: Tension In Adamawa As EFCC Arrests 8 Councillors In One Local Government …see De by casttlebarbz(m): 11:38am On Feb 11, 2017
no b smal tin if u ask me
Re: Tension In Adamawa As EFCC Arrests 8 Councillors In One Local Government …see De by fowosh: 1:01pm On Feb 11, 2017
this country can Neva Neva b gud again if some pple don't die
Re: Tension In Adamawa As EFCC Arrests 8 Councillors In One Local Government …see De by doctokwus: 1:17pm On Feb 11, 2017
EFCC is really doing well.
If only APC core members,govt loyalists and PDP decampees can also be tackled with d same vigor and determination of purpose,without hindrance from a cabal,then corrupt political office holders wud start treating public resources as trully public and not private.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Osinbajo, Fashola And Amina Mohammed At Green Bonds Conference / Nigerians Must Know The Truth / Pres. Buhari Attends His First State House Cabinet Meeting Since His Return(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.