Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC (57375 Views)

2018 World Cup: Senate Urges FG To Fund Super Eagles With Recovered Loots / FG To Finance 11% Of 2017 Budget With Recovered Loot / FG: N565bn Recovered Loots Forms Part Of 2017 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by harbdulrasaq88(m): 12:17pm On Feb 11, 2017
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has revealed that recovered monies are paid into the Consolidated Revenue Fund of the Federal Government.

The Anti-graft agency stated this in response to a question via its twitter handle @OfficialEFCC on Saturday.

Recall that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) recovered the sums of $9.8m and £74, 000 in former group managing director (GMD) of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Andrew Yakubu's house in Kaduna.

The handler said: “After the law takes its course, recovered monies are paid into the Consolidated Revenue Fund of the Federal Government”.

"Our job is to investigate and prosecute. Recovered monies are paid into the Consolidated Revenue Account of the FG".

Consolidated revenue account is government's purse in which all government receipts are paid into and expenditure allocated from this account and is usually estimated in the constitution.

The response was immediately retweeted by @AbikeDabiri, the Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on foreign affairs.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/02/what-we-always-do-with-recovered-loots.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by Nogodye(m): 12:19pm On Feb 11, 2017
Atleast they are fair...wait! no be that comedian tweeted those tweets cheesy he dey serious once in a while sha cheesy

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 11, 2017
After paying the money into Buhari's single treasury account what next?? because it doesn't look like any loot is being recovered at all.

151 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by DoyenExchange: 12:23pm On Feb 11, 2017
Ok. lipsrsealed.
Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by bkool7(m): 12:29pm On Feb 11, 2017
lofty900:
After paying the money into Buhari's single treasury account what next?? because it doesn't look like any loot is being recovered at all.

you ppl jus dont giv up

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by Chikelue2000(m): 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2017
All dis money wey FG de recover, recession should be over by now. FG owes us all explanations

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by babfet(m): 1:01pm On Feb 11, 2017
Sebi 9ja na our Father land I beg make den give me my own part of the money no help me save @effc I need am now now

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by Escalze(m): 1:04pm On Feb 11, 2017
God Abeg just grant my visa request please cry

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by Emycord: 1:09pm On Feb 11, 2017
Simple they just re-loot it

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by Eazybay(m): 1:21pm On Feb 11, 2017
Well, d law taking its course is wea d prob lies..

Its just difficult 4 dem to prove diz cases beyond reasonable doubt

2 Likes

Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by Bevista: 1:30pm On Feb 11, 2017
Chikelue2000:
All dis money wey FG de recover, recession should be over by now. FG owes us all explanations
Unfortunately, this narrative has been going on for sometime now. I really don't know if this is a product of ignorance or just a way of discrediting the efforts of the administration.
---
If I may ask, how much has been recovered and how far can that solve Nigeria's problems? The FG gave aggregate bailout funds of over N500B to the states, yet that did not even scratch the problem. FG even gave another round of funds (over N500B) to states as refunds from debts over-deductions, yet it still looks like nothing is happening.
---
The fact is that most of us have no inkling about the enormity of the challenges facing the country. Sink N20Trillion into this economy today, and I can assure you we will still not make much progress (come to think of it, N20T is just equivalent to South Africa's annual budget). This country (economy) is suffering from decades of "Rape" and neglect.
---
The recovered funds is less than N200B and yet we keep talking about the FG not needing to borrow, or how it should end recession. For some reasons, you lot say nothing about how the actions of these looters progressively led to this economic state.

162 Likes 24 Shares

Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by philtex(m): 3:49pm On Feb 11, 2017
Criminals. grin
Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by Originality007: 3:49pm On Feb 11, 2017
g

1 Like

Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by kolnel: 3:50pm On Feb 11, 2017
And we yet to see the dividends
The hunger for the land no get part 2

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by u11ae1013: 3:50pm On Feb 11, 2017
mtchewww
Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 11, 2017
Bevista:
Unfortunately, this narrative has been going on for sometime now. I really don't know if this is a product of ignorance or just a way of undermining the efforts of the administration.
---
How much has been recovered and how far can that solve Nigeria's problems? The FG gave aggregate bailout funds of nearly N500b to the states, yet that has not even scratched the problem. FG even gave another round of funds to states as refunds from debts over-deductions, yet it still looks like nothing is happening.
---
The fact is that most of us have no inkling about the enormity of the challenges facing the country. Sink N20Trillion into this economy today, and I can assure you we will still not make much progress. Come to think of it, N20T is just equivalent to South Africa's annual budget. The recovered funds is less than N200B and yet we keep talking about the FG not needing to borrow.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by efilefun(m): 3:50pm On Feb 11, 2017
That dude deserves an award wished all government agencies will relate with the public like that
Nogodye:
Atleast they are fair...wait! no be that comedian tweeted those tweets cheesy he dey serious once in a while sha cheesy

5 Likes

Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by ffrreeee(f): 3:50pm On Feb 11, 2017
All the money that have been recovered are not enough to make any change in Nigeria. But if 90% of looted money is recovered, then we can experience some changes, but don't expect anything tangible from all these little money recovered so far, Nigeria's problem is way more than that. Only God can solve Nigeria's problem

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by pennywys(m): 3:51pm On Feb 11, 2017
Its from there buhari tour around the universe, and now his health bill.
In the end buhari will give account of all he spent.
Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by amdo007(m): 3:51pm On Feb 11, 2017
j
Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by LRNZH(m): 3:51pm On Feb 11, 2017
Bevista:
Unfortunately, this narrative has been going on for sometime now. I really don't know if this is a product of ignorance or just a way of undermining the efforts of the administration.
---
How much has been recovered and how far can that solve Nigeria's problems? The FG gave aggregate bailout funds of nearly N500B to the states, yet that has not even scratched the problem. FG even gave another round of funds to states as refunds from debts over-deductions, yet it still looks like nothing is happening.
---
The fact is that most of us have no inkling about the enormity of the challenges facing the country. Sink N20Trillion into this economy today, and I can assure you we will still not make much progress (come to think of it, N20T is just equivalent to South Africa's annual budget).
---
The recovered funds is less than N200B and yet we keep talking about the FG not needing to borrow, or how it should end recession.

Thank you for enlightening darkness.

38 Likes

Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by Danny287(m): 3:52pm On Feb 11, 2017
Mtchwwww next please
Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by DESTINY41(m): 3:52pm On Feb 11, 2017
In pato's voice.* NAH SO MONEY DEY CHANGE
Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by yinkson(m): 3:52pm On Feb 11, 2017
When will EFCC collect the stolen funds from that former petroleum minister?

That one alone is enough for the 2017 budget

3 Likes

Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 11, 2017
grin gringrin grin
Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by policy12: 3:53pm On Feb 11, 2017
Yet hunger dey naija...

7 Likes

Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by Mayor38(m): 3:54pm On Feb 11, 2017
Catching space since 1900
Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by snadguy007(m): 3:54pm On Feb 11, 2017
My gtb account is available incase their account reaches its limit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by dyabman(m): 3:54pm On Feb 11, 2017
Have been curious to find out .. mai go read angry rubbish .. wtf is consolidated account ??
Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by DLondonboiy: 3:54pm On Feb 11, 2017
Looted funds that would be relooted?

Stupid country useless people!!
Re: What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC by petkoffdrake2(m): 3:54pm On Feb 11, 2017
bkool7:

you ppl jus dont giv up

But its true sir! Is it when everyone die of hunger that 1naira will b equal to a dollar??

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bayelsa APC To Goodluck Jonathan: Return Our ₦300m, Bullet Proof Cars / 10 Times Governor Sanwo-Olu Was Pointing His Fingers / Drone Shots Of Atiku/Okowa Campaign Rally In Kaduna State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.