Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,167 members, 7,957,360 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:31 AM

Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second (11359 Views)

How To Effectively Set Internet Usage Limit / Most Twitter Users In Africa. Nigeria Is First! / Need Statistics On Internet Usage In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by naliakar: 4:10am On Dec 08, 2009
Considering Nigeria's population. We should be ashamed at that position. Who is good with maths to tel us what percentage of Nigeria's population that represents compared to the rest. And you say you are a sleeping giant.
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by jba203: 7:20am On Dec 08, 2009
How shallow. You are chilling your asses down debating and braggin about stupidity. Who provides you with internet? Do not answer that one. My point here is, you c an be no1, who cares, does it add any value to ordinary Nigerian peasants? Does it add value to you? Cape Town, was once awarded the best tourist City in the world, but you did not here South Afric an jumping and braggin like you are doing. Its annoying how super being you wann potray yourself.

South Africa has got 43 Million people, and 38 Million own cellphones, for that matter most of these phones have got 3g Memories. If your phone has 3G, you can access internet whereever you are.
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by tkb417(m): 8:14am On Dec 08, 2009
jba203:

How shallow. You are chilling your asses down debating and braggin about stupidity. Who provides you with internet? Do not answer that one. My point here is, you c an be no1, who cares, does it add any value to ordinary Nigerian peasants? Does it add value to you? Cape Town, was once awarded the best tourist City in the world, but you did not here South Afric an jumping and braggin like you are doing. Its annoying how super being you wann potray yourself.

South Africa has got 43 Million people, and 38 Million own cellphones, for that matter most of these phones have got 3g Memories. If your phone has 3G, you can access internet whereever you are.
This is a public forum where peeps express opinions either informed or ill informed. The number of people that have responded to this thread on NL is not even representative enuff of NL users not to talk of all Nigerians.

when the Cape Town award was given, did you get to sign up on all blogs in SA to know how SAfricans reacted?

If the info portends doom and doesnt merit any praise singing, all u have to do is read and quietly leave and you can even shake head in disbelief as to why some of us have decided to celebrate a no feat.

good point u raised tho
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by JUO(m): 8:27am On Dec 08, 2009
i think they are calculating OS, even at that windows users are higher than Linux, Mac, solaris
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by gidson12(m): 8:34am On Dec 08, 2009
jba203:

shut your trap, u are the shallow brain if u dont know, there isn't a country that don't brag when rated high
in any field or sector, u can go and open up your own forum or thread on how to add value to ordinary Nigerian
peasants and to urself, and pls allow others to express there views freely on any subject that are of interest to them,
nonsense  angry
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by AjanleKoko: 8:59am On Dec 08, 2009
Na wa o. Looks like this post is not getting the audience it was intended for.
Shoulda posted this in the political section, for all the attention it's getting.
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by thaira(f): 9:02am On Dec 08, 2009
Its all good, people. There are even greater things to come. Glo 1, Main One, you, tongue. I'm already fantasising on flinging my Starcomms!
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by xtristo(m): 9:09am On Dec 08, 2009
jba203:

that was the point i was also trying to make before i got crucified by a lady that called herself babyme.people dont think,they just jump at any post and start commenting without sitting down to first analyse,think and get enough facts.
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by xtristo(m): 9:16am On Dec 08, 2009
babyme:

damn!!!wheres yall asse.s when they call us the most corrupt nation??i dont see no one defending and considering the fact that we are overpopulated now something gud is said about us and everone is blaming it on the effing population, *pish*this guys . . .always trying to ruin good tymes

, always trying to ruin good tymes.[/i]how?because i asked u not to celebrate mediocrity?i now know the level of ur thinking.i dont understand why u get emotional when somebody challenge ur mindset.[i]babyme,u need to grow!
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by tkb417(m): 9:19am On Dec 08, 2009
AjanleKoko:

Na wa o. Looks like this post is not getting the audience it was intended for.
Shoulda posted this in the political section, for all the attention it's getting.
lol
which audience u dey find?

hehehehe
my oga how far nau?
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by SwtzMinx(f): 10:15am On Dec 08, 2009
.duh!!!, we da bEst, nd we gat s0me gud hackerz too,
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by mrperfect(m): 10:52am On Dec 08, 2009
As some one has pointed out our population is enough to send us to the top.
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by AWD(m): 12:25pm On Dec 08, 2009
11 million users relative to our population of 140 million!!! dats less than 8 in every 100 people! hmmn,
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by Horus(m): 1:30pm On Dec 08, 2009

Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 08, 2009

Friend, internet add value to people's life, why are you thinking like someone who's brain has been sting by a BUG,

So what? Friends/relations I know in SA complains alot about high tariffs

Tariffs in Nigeria are still cheaper, the telecoms industry in Nigeria will improve in meantime, just a matter of time.

We need electricity to boast the number

Sure
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by daniellle(f): 1:37pm On Dec 08, 2009
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by erico2k2(m): 2:37pm On Dec 08, 2009
you guys are failing to realize that Nigeria is aprox 150mil,that does not make us the most populated country in Africa, Egypt plenty pass us oh.
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by vikiviko(m): 2:49pm On Dec 08, 2009
However it is a rating was made Nigerians will still discredit it shaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Wetin be our own ?

We be secone we second, population or no population, head count or not.

Internet use in increased in Nigeria that i know.

Cost of laptop is cheap, mobile telephone is everywhere, so what is the fuss about head count ?
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by Nezan(m): 3:35pm On Dec 08, 2009
Hmmm, the Mugabe country is last?
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by daniellle(f): 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2009
no, 10th. r dere 10 countrys in afrika? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by tanimz(f): 3:49pm On Dec 08, 2009
Nezan:

Hmmm, the Mugabe country is last?

Abi ohh? E surprise u? cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by gidson12(m): 4:53pm On Dec 08, 2009
xtristo:

that was the point i was also trying to make before i got crucified by a lady that called herself babyme.people dont think,they just jump at any post and start commenting without sitting down to first analyse,think and get enough facts.

some ppl just believe that no good thing should come out of this country,
any time one improvement is made, they just open there wide 4king mouth and
and start vomiting negative things angry like this di ck head who calls himself xtristo
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by shilohboy(m): 5:41pm On Dec 08, 2009
This high ranking is due to the outbreak of underground surfing methods in nigeria jor! Phone o, PC  o, name it. Na good thing sha. We're slowly bridging the digital divide in our own lil way, lol
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by ichommy(m): 7:26pm On Dec 08, 2009
shilohboy:

This high ranking is due to the outbreak of underground surfing methods in nigeria jor! Phone o, PC  o, name it. Na good thing sha. We're slowly bridging the digital divide in our own lil way, lol 

yes na good thing we will soon be at the top
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by babyme(f): 9:34pm On Dec 08, 2009
erico2k2:

you guys are failing to realize that Nigeria is aprox 150mil,that does not make us the most populated country in Africa, Egypt plenty pass us oh.
actually that DOES makes us the most populated in africa, egypt is just 80 million or so
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by reindeer: 9:57pm On Dec 08, 2009
Before opening this thread, i had exactly what was going to happen in my mind and i can say, i havent been disappointed at all.
To many Nigerians, any good news about the country,no matter how small has got to have some errors somewhere,afterall its nigeria.
This i think is a product of a thoroughly abused mind. i still think we should give ourselves credits where deserved and not fall victim to the 'nothing good can come out of nigeria' mentality.
There definitely is room for improvement, but to deny Nigeria her bragging rights?its just unfair.
The years of misrule and decadence has so much crept into people's minds that the only news they expect to read is bad news and naturally have a reaction of disbelief and even indignation when any cheering news comes up
Please lets disabuse our minds
We'll get there someday.
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by babyme(f): 10:28pm On Dec 08, 2009
reindeer:

Before opening this thread, i had exactly what was going to happen in my mind and i can say, i havent been disappointed at all.
To many Nigerians, any good news about the country,no matter how small has got to have some errors somewhere,afterall its nigeria.
This i think is a product of a thoroughly abused mind. i still think we should give ourselves credits where deserved and not fall victim to the 'nothing good can come out of nigeria' mentality.
There definitely is room for improvement, but to deny Nigeria her bragging rights?its just unfair.
The years of misrule and decadence has so much crept into people's minds that the only news they expect to read is bad news and naturally have a reaction of disbelief and even indignation when any cheering news comes up
Please lets disabuse our minds
We'll get there someday.
EGGSACTLY!!what i was implying, when i said:
babyme:

damn!!!wheres yall asse.s when they call us the most corrupt nation??i dont see no one defending and considering the fact that we are overpopulated now something gud is said about us and everone is blaming it on the effing population, *pish*this guys . . .always trying to ruin good tymes
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by oge4real(f): 11:50pm On Dec 08, 2009
i dont care if we are 10billion in number, what matters is that we came second in a rating that has nothing to do with corruption, trafficking or rituals.
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by babyme(f): 12:23am On Dec 09, 2009
oge4real:

i dont care if we are 10billion in number, what matters is that we came second in a rating that has nothing to do with corruption, trafficking or rituals.
cheesy grin soldier boy tell'em
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by jumobi1(m): 6:31am On Dec 09, 2009
With 15% of Africa's Population, we should be #1 and not surprised we are ahead of any country.
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by elamx(m): 7:47am On Dec 09, 2009
naija dey try na our leader no help our country that is why we are lacking behind.gbosa 9ja smiley
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by sunnykiss(m): 3:37pm On Dec 09, 2009
grin grin grin Yeshh oooo Nigeria is going to places, enuff yahoo yahoo, lol,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unlock Your "Stubborn" Huawei E173 (airtel Nigeria Modem) / IDM, DAP, Mass Downloader, Etc: Which is the Best? / D.I Printing & I.D Card Printing at Extremely low rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.