Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) (10026 Views)

Building:semi-detached Duplex In Osapa (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Finishing Our Building In Benin (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Building Detached Duplexes In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:01pm On Feb 11, 2017
Welcome once again to Dezyns and Structures. this time we're consulted to continue the construction of 2 Units of Building. One, a 5 Bedroom duplex and the Other, 2 Units of 3 bedroom Flats.

Just realized we come highly recommended by people we have worked for, and those our clients expect us to deliver same and more once they refer us to others. As a result, we have had to pinch our selves to note that there is no room for errors, as every new one should be an improvement on the previous one.

Follow our other works on

https://www.nairaland.com/1164230/best-architectural-interior-construction-works

Back to the Matter on ground, Construction will commence from First floor slab.
Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:04pm On Feb 11, 2017
Current Look of building as we arrive on site.

1 Like

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:06pm On Feb 11, 2017
Proposed Design for Front Unit (a 5 Bedroom Duplex)

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:07pm On Feb 11, 2017
Proposed Design for Front Unit (2 Units of 3 Bedroom FLats)

2 Likes

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:12pm On Feb 11, 2017
Clearing our Existing scaffold that held slab, as we cleared out 2days ago.

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:22pm On Feb 11, 2017

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:25pm On Feb 11, 2017
In preparation for Brick works

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by Chekitaut: 12:03am On Feb 12, 2017
Keep it up... God bless your hustle. Congrats
Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 1:46pm On Feb 12, 2017
Chekitaut:
Keep it up... God bless your hustle. Congrats

Thanks boos. Appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 8:05am On Feb 13, 2017
Resumption of brick works

1 Like

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 8:11am On Feb 13, 2017

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 8:14am On Feb 13, 2017
Some Internal Adjustment ongoing!

1 Like

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 8:25pm On Feb 13, 2017
We decided to increase the height of our existing window's. This is to enhance the look of our space. Already thinking through to final finish from this Point

1 Like

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 8:28pm On Feb 13, 2017
Still on brick works for first floor!

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 8:30pm On Feb 13, 2017
More on Internal adjustment as we try to expand our kitchen.

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by erico2k2(m): 9:11pm On Feb 13, 2017
skimanski:
More on Internal adjustment as we try to expand our kitchen.
I need to do this to my Build, Kitchen needs expansion and living room needs expansion too, coz madam is not smiling.
Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:21pm On Feb 13, 2017
erico2k2:

I need to do this to my Build, Kitchen needs expansion and living room needs expansion too, coz madam is not smiling.

You are very correct. No matter what you do to the rest of the house, The moment Kitchen and Wardrobe/Closet is not Spacious enough, She will most likely regard the Job as highly unprofessional.
Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:11pm On Feb 16, 2017
Still on brick works for first floor

1 Like

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:17pm On Feb 16, 2017
Still increasing the Height of our Main Area windows. Some stressful breaking was done.

1 Like

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:20pm On Feb 16, 2017
Reinforcement work resumes

1 Like

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:55am On Feb 23, 2017
Updates on Pillars and Lintel Works for Duplex.

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by Chekitaut: 12:05pm On Feb 23, 2017
skimanski:
Still increasing the Height of our Main Area windows. Some stressful breaking was done.
Increasing above lintel level is not a structural sense, while not below.
Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 12:55pm On Feb 23, 2017
Chekitaut:
Increasing above lintel level is not a structural sense, while not below.

We are all still learning. Please educate me sir on what it does structurally to the building.

1 Like

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:05pm On Feb 23, 2017
Rounding Up of Pillar and Lintel works on front Building as we prepare for Parapet.

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:11pm On Feb 23, 2017
In preparation for Parapet. Machine to Saw our wood to Design Specification, as Designed by me.

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by Chekitaut: 1:07am On Feb 24, 2017
skimanski:

We are all still learning. Please educate me sir on what it does structurally to the building.
1. The building was not build in a form structure format, block was set before beams and columns was casted.
2. The lintel was a chain type at parameter breaking it makes it loose its purpose.

Am not criticizing but an observation.
Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 8:25am On Feb 24, 2017
Chekitaut:
1. The building was not build in a form structure format, block was set before beams and columns was casted.
2. The lintel was a chain type at parameter breaking it makes it loose its purpose.

Am not criticizing but an observation.

Are you Saying that there is a Difference in the structural integrity of a form structure and a Normal Block Structure? i need to also understand why Buildings are Chained. is it that the pillars cannot hold their selves from the ground to the Deck which is just 11 ft away? that they need support from 12mm Iron rods reinforcement to Hold themselves. Also what happens in those walk way areas inside the house that do not have Lintels? why are they not chained? Please do feel free to elaborate further sir!

2 Likes

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:57pm On Feb 24, 2017
Round up Brick works before Lintel for Flat Unit

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by Chekitaut: 3:06am On Feb 25, 2017
skimanski:
Round up Brick works before Lintel for Flat Unit
Any reason why you maintain the lintel level at the upper floor, why plan chain lintel you contradict your position on the ground floor..
Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 7:04am On Feb 25, 2017
Chekitaut:
Any reason why you maintain the lintel level at the upper floor, why plan chain lintel you contradict your position on the ground floor..

No Sir, Take note of the previous pictures, I haven't Done chain Lintels, I have only Done Lintels on Doors and Pillar concrete cast. If you notice, the pillars are standing alone, and the windows do not have lintel.This is because I want the windows to go up to the Roof Beam, that is the beam that crosses the Window. Why should I chain the Lintel and still chain the Beam? I light Big and tall WIndows. It gives more Light, Air, and makes your space look Grand. The expectation on this House is higher that the one on my Victory park Project, so aesthetics is still high on the AGenda here.
Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 7:05am On Feb 25, 2017
Resumption of Parapet works on Duplex Unit

Re: Finishing A Duplex + Flats In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 7:08pm On Mar 02, 2017
Pillar Works on Flat Units

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Modern Pop Celings, Artworks, Cornices, Skirtings @ Affordable Rates / Please Help With Electrical Wiring Quotations / Please, Urgent Help With MDF Gloss For Furniture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.