Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija (34361 Views)

BBNaija: Meet Jackye Madu, The Virgin On Big Brother Naija 2019 / How Much That Was Made On Big Brother Naija Show 2018 (An Estimate) / Soma & Marvis Kissing In Bed On Big Brother Naija (Photos/Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by contactmorak: 2:24am On Feb 12, 2017
jomoh:
Yes we are all sorry for Nigeria but we shouldn't display our stupidity for the whole world to see. These people are supposed to be Nigerian ambassadors on that show.

BTW I am very sorry for the DJ cos I doubt he will be paid shishi and worst still, his professionalism is now in question. The guy carried his wailing toooo far.

The witches and wizards from his village will now be dancing and singing "it's our work o, Soft work".

Lol
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by sirfee(m): 2:26am On Feb 12, 2017
zicoraads:

As in ehn...I just tire. Dominique...isn't this thread misleading?
Bro leave the saints alone,let them keep wailing.
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by Nobody: 2:54am On Feb 12, 2017
Sorry is an under-stattement!
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by LadyH(f): 3:14am On Feb 12, 2017
gocac:
please whats the relevance of bb naija at this point in time when a bag of rice is sold for 25k?
So the winner can buy tons of bags of rice and give to all poor Nigerians!
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by jollymizzle(m): 3:43am On Feb 12, 2017
If the government decides to make them cancel the useless show I don't think it would be an overkill. That really shouldn't have happened shame on big brother, shame on the contestants.
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by slap1(m): 4:18am On Feb 12, 2017
I don't know why I would watch that show. I'd rather watch cartoon.
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by mikejegede(m): 4:19am On Feb 12, 2017
funny enough,i downloaded and played that song trueout yesterday..why biggy come dey vex nao..lol.
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by holuphisayor(m): 4:53am On Feb 12, 2017
Incensed song with alcohol?
Dat song na better protest song. grin
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by lonelydora: 4:56am On Feb 12, 2017
Vanessa88:
That dj was wack
It could happen to anyone. He forgot that he was playing in #BBNaija. Most DJs play that song parties.
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by holuphisayor(m): 5:01am On Feb 12, 2017
TinaAnita:

I missed that part as our never-do-well-PHCN interrupted the electricity.. So painful I missed it
What will you gain from it?
Even if nepa no take light
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by walosky(m): 5:09am On Feb 12, 2017
The Dj himself go don high with enough alcohol thereby trying to bring out the nigerian in him but unexpectedly brought the radicalism in the housemates

Everbody , even dead or alife is even is sorry for nigeria

What a sorry shame to 9ja

South Africans go dey mock us now and they'll be like no wonder we come shoot d rubbish show for det country

Me too, I sorry for 9ja!

2 Likes

Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by holuphisayor(m): 5:10am On Feb 12, 2017
People dey shout 2face fukup, well big brother sef don dey oppressed ohh. Cant afford the aftermath. Na democracy be this? Hian
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by Celsony: 6:12am On Feb 12, 2017
No worry na recession cause am.
Where is the NCAN president?
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by NARYZ(f): 6:26am On Feb 12, 2017
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by kherlly(m): 6:34am On Feb 12, 2017
Weytin concern me and bbn

Click like if you are into tom/jerry

Lemmecomnbgoing
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by Unimaginable123: 7:01am On Feb 12, 2017
Benz4pimp:
OP is a big liar!!!!the club stops once it's 10:30pm.if it was all about the song,he would have changed it!!!!You guys always look for rubbish just to dish out to gullible Nigerians....
thank u sir. It was a 1hr party. And ended in one hour.
When has big brother ever allowed them to smoothly empty d fridge?
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by Unimaginable123: 7:03am On Feb 12, 2017
holycuriousity:
.. lie lie write up! ! BB has the right to end the party whenever he wants!!! His decision to make 2nite's party short has nothing to do with the DJ's skit. You even said he was confused as to what song to play next. ... seriously brother. ..? Terrible terrible! !!
the party wasn't short. It was 1 full hour. 9.30-10.30pm. Same time with that of dj exclusive.
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 12, 2017
contactmorak:
A serious and shameful drama happened tonight on the Big Brother Naija show. It was their usual Saturday night party and the theme was a Valentine one. The party was moving on smoothly with enough alcohol in circulation to bring the housemates out of their shells, even as the Disc Jockey, Dj Scratchmasta dished sumptuous African tunes.

However, all of a sudden this DJ trying to spice of the music played one of Femi Kuti's controversial songs, "Sorry For Nigeria".

The instrumental to the song was already playing and the housemates were already in the moody to shout "I'm sorry, sorry oh, i'm sorry for Nigeria", when the DJ quickly realised it wasn't the appropriate song for a show like Big Brother Naija which is meant to put Nigeria in a positive light, and he confusingly stopped the song. He couldn't even find a replacement for the song, therefore he had to stop the entire set.

But hilariously and shamefully, the housemates who were already high from alcohol intake just kept chanting "I'm sorry, sorry oh, i'm sorry for Nigeria" while raising their glasses.

Obviously angry at the development, the Big Brother spoke suddenly from the diary room telling all Housemates to vacate the dancefloor. This never happen in previous parties. Big Brother never interfered. The parties took longer and they always ended smoothly. But this particular party came to an abrupt end!

To make matters worse, the housemates were rushed out of the party by the bouncers while trying to take drinks from the fridge to their abode. In past parties, the housemates smoothly empty the fridge, but this time around, the bouncer who was seen shortly before receiving a call, quickly came forward to block the boys from carting away alcohol. Big Brother spoke again sternly at this time that that they should just leave.

And that was the end of the House party.

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2017/02/national-disgrace-bbnaija-housemates.html

Wow. More 'alternative facts'.

The party always lasts one hour - from 9pm to 10pm. Last week was an aberration, he gave it 30 minutes more and it ended by 10.30. Yesterday it began at 9.30 and ended as expected by 10.30. The DJ started playing femi's track as a tease, and faded out at 10.30. The housemates were in the mood to keep on partying and begged big brother to keep it going. They continued singing the song to show how jacked-up they were. But big brother announced that the party was over; the hour was up. I don't know about bbn but in bba, big brother always ends a party with that announcement, so it wasn't an extraordinary scene. When big brother announces that the HM are to leave the party zone, they are expected to do that immediately. But these HM started to hustle all the drinks instead, pouring them out of the bottles into containers, and took about 5 minutes to leave. They were not rushed out.

Do you really think a DJ could not have found a replacement song, if he realized he had played an inappropriate song? Stop trying to make something out of nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by Naijaaccountwiz: 7:11am On Feb 12, 2017
fiftynaira:
Am I the only one not watching the show?
You are not alone I am here with you....
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by PeaceGord: 7:12am On Feb 12, 2017
hopsydboi:
Good for them but...

So, like I was saying, I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it made its way to freedom. The last of my fvcks was finally given.

God bless you for making me laugh this morning.

You could make a good writer.
Why don't you explore?
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by BrightAhiah(m): 7:19am On Feb 12, 2017
LIKE if u are also sorry for Nigeria

LIKE LIKE LIKE

1 Like

Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by Dexema(m): 7:27am On Feb 12, 2017
hopsydboi:
Good for them but...

So, like I was saying, I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it made its way to freedom. The last of my fvcks was finally given.
Great poem, kindly name it and make it a meme.
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by 18SNVL: 7:31am On Feb 12, 2017
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by ndidibabe(f): 7:33am On Feb 12, 2017
ikbnice:
I believe anyone wasting is precious time watching that show is more USELESS than the show itself while the participants of the show are the most USELESS.
Stupidity at its peak.
Someone, somewhere might also feel that you are very useless to have even bothered to open this thread and make a comment.
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by bareal(m): 7:33am On Feb 12, 2017
contactmorak:
A serious and shameful drama happened tonight on the Big Brother Naija show. It was their usual Saturday night party and the theme was a Valentine one. The party was moving on smoothly with enough alcohol in circulation to bring the housemates out of their shells, even as the Disc Jockey, Dj Scratchmasta dished sumptuous African tunes.

However, all of a sudden this DJ trying to spice of the music played one of Femi Kuti's controversial songs, "Sorry For Nigeria".

The instrumental to the song was already playing and the housemates were already in the moody to shout "I'm sorry, sorry oh, i'm sorry for Nigeria", when the DJ quickly realised it wasn't the appropriate song for a show like Big Brother Naija which is meant to put Nigeria in a positive light, and he confusingly stopped the song. He couldn't even find a replacement for the song, therefore he had to stop the entire set.

But hilariously and shamefully, the housemates who were already high from alcohol intake just kept chanting "I'm sorry, sorry oh, i'm sorry for Nigeria" while raising their glasses.

Obviously angry at the development, the Big Brother spoke suddenly from the diary room telling all Housemates to vacate the dancefloor. This never happen in previous parties. Big Brother never interfered. The parties took longer and they always ended smoothly. But this particular party came to an abrupt end!

To make matters worse, the housemates were rushed out of the party by the bouncers while trying to take drinks from the fridge to their abode. In past parties, the housemates smoothly empty the fridge, but this time around, the bouncer who was seen shortly before receiving a call, quickly came forward to block the boys from carting away alcohol. Big Brother spoke again sternly at this time that that they should just leave.

And that was the end of the House party.

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2017/02/national-disgrace-bbnaija-housemates.html

Truth is always bitter....
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by rukygbas: 7:34am On Feb 12, 2017
Know the best time to enjoy sex to the peak - DAILYHITNG | DAILYHITNG...
http://www.dailyhitng.com/1514-2/
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by dominique(f): 7:35am On Feb 12, 2017
zicoraads:

As in ehn...I just tire. Dominique...isn't this thread misleading?

It sure is. The party was already over and it was not because of the song
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by bareal(m): 7:36am On Feb 12, 2017
Sirjohn84:
Blame it on who now:; A.DJ B.alcohor c.housemate D.the devil E.buhari
All of the above
Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by tplacid: 7:38am On Feb 12, 2017
HomeOfMe:
I sorry sorry o I sorry for Nigeria.... I weep for Nigeria;you've become a shadow of yourself,whether bigbrothernaija or not,Nigeria is a mess! The only thing I owe this country is prayers,because no matter how hard you try to Make a difference,your efforts will be sabotaged

There is still hope, you can join NNV to make make things right

These Old corrupt men do not care about anyone else.

We also are not helping the matter by supporting corruption.

There is an emergence of revolution - *The New Nigeria Vanguard!*

While many of us are sitting down by our keyboards complaining, other young, intelligent and resourceful Nigerians have begun taking steps.

*We have no affiliations or sponsors*

We are young Nigerians who will defy the anomaly.

Do not be left out

THE REVOLUTION IS HERE!!!

Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Housemates Sing Femi Kuti's 'Sorry For Nigeria" On Big Brother Naija by galadima77(m): 7:38am On Feb 12, 2017
ikbnice:
I believe anyone wasting is precious time watching that show is more USELESS than the show itself while the participants of the show are the most USELESS.
Stupidity at its peak.

Oh!! finally I found someone who feels same way I do about this show....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: Pere's Management Reacts To Pere & Angel's Eviction Game / #BBNaija: K.Brule Wants To Marry Khloe / SUPERNATURAL Fan Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.