Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,437 members, 7,853,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:09 AM

My Take On President Buhari's Health Controversy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On President Buhari's Health Controversy (462 Views)

Mid Poll Results On President Buhari's Health By PublicHealth.com.ng / $30m Spent On President Buhari's Health By National Security Adviser & NIA - SR / CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Take On President Buhari's Health Controversy by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 13, 2017
The country has been thrown into all kinds frenzy just because of the puzzle surrounding president Buhari's health.

President Buhari, as we all know is a man in his 70s, and as such should be expected to constantly monitor his health judiciously.

As a matter of fact, people of his age visit their physician at least once a month for general body check-up and to run different tests.

As a president, I believe he is no less a human that can fall ill or require medical attention at any time.

But the issue now is that he is over staying his medical trip abroad, and has even extended his arrival indefinitely!

While most of us think he should have visited one of the country’s best hospital as an anti-corruption crusader!

During the 2015 election campaign, there was wide speculation that the president was of ill-health and not fit to vie for the presidency.

It was received in some quarters with much criticism, I recall the former first lady, Patience Jonathan referring to him as ‘brain dead.’

Then I wasn't too impressed with her compliments about her husband’s election rival, other people as well faulted her gaffe against him.

There were so many rumors about the president flying everywhere about his poor health and some people never liked him anyway.

I for one didn’t see any reason why someone at his age couldn’t contest for an election simply because he was sick, probably during the campaign.

Fast forward to two years later, even before this current medical trip, the president had earlier taken a medical vacation albeit not this long.

We should have expected that at his age he would be going in and out of the hospital at will and as a president, he has every right too!

Now those people who called him ‘brain dead’ will be by one corner laughing at the people who voted him into power.

Come to think of it, who would not fall ill with the kind of problems Nigeria has? What of the issue of the corrupt government officials?

Is the rotten state of the nation not enough to confine one to the hospital bed on a daily basis?

Since two weeks now the issue on ground is the president’s health and whether or not he is dead!

Nigerians are at cross roads, like the country has stopped functioning without the president, people are anxious to know about his return!

It is only in this country that, everything regarding the government officials which include the president is shrouded in unfathomed secrecy!

We reserve the right to know whatever goes on with our president or anything that has to do with our government.

This is democracy, not military rule for goodness sake! After all it was the masses that voted for him not animals or spirits!

The seat of government is nobody’s personal property, so if for any reason the occupier is incapacitated then we should know.

When you listen to radio and TV programmes, the dominant topic is always about the president’s whereabouts.

Look at the state of the nation, employment is in serious decline, everything is at a standstill and the poor masses are suffering!

We as the citizens should have confidence in our government just like other citizens of other countries do, but the only thing they offer us is thievery!

When Veno, the 90s singer, sang ‘Nigeria go survive,’ it was about 50k to a dollar if I’m correct, I don’t know what she would be singing by now!

Source: http://www.chichiuncensored.com

(1) (Reply)

First Lady Of Bayelsa State, Racheal Dickson Returns Home With Her Quadruplets / Would U Rather D Insurgency Permanently Ended In Nigeria Or Be N25m Richer / Osinbajo Orders Oil Companies To Relocate To Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.