Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health (35024 Views)

MC Oluomo Launches A Second Poll On 2019 Presidential Elections / "I Wept Because Of Buhari's Health" - Bisi Akande / Fresh Anxiety In Aso Rock Over Buhari’s Health - PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by PublicHealthNig: 9:52am On Jul 31, 2017
With the recent attempt by CNN to rubbish the country using the latest edition of its program “The Global Public Square (GPS)”, anchored by Fareed Zakaria an the unrelenting confusion that continues to trail the nature and current health status of President Muhammadu Buhari Public Health Nigeria has launched an online poll to gauge the feelings of Nigerians as regards the health crisis of the President.

It will be recalled that President Buhari left Nigeria over 3 months ago on an extended medical vacation following a recurrent battle with an undisclosed ailment.

In the run up to the 2015 general elections the ruling party campaigned extensively against medical tourism and the penchant for public officers to shun local public health facilities in preference for overseas medical treatment but have so far failed to live up to its earlier promises.

The poll which is been hosted on the organizations home page www.publichealth.com.ng asked pollsters to answer a question from 3 options

What is your opinion on President Buhari’s health issues?

1. It is a personal issue and should be left private

2. It is a Public issue, he should disclose the ailment

3. I am not interested in his health issues

The poll when completed is expected to reveal what Nigerian's really think about the current crisis of the nation’s leader.

Nigerian's willing to participate in the poll can visit

http://publichealth.com.ng/president-buharis-health-online-poll-opens/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by whitebeard(m): 9:54am On Jul 31, 2017

The president was attacked with magic, his illness isn't natural.

He was attacked because of his fight against corruption so they wanted him dead, but what I have said now to most people it is highly superstitious, that' why most people don't talk about it, see him before and after he became president.

But due to hate, and no love and respect for our country, we fail to see this.

Well he his alive and recuperating in London to those who don't know where he is and what he is doing well now u do.

Pls I am not in support of any government cause the current government is not running Nigeria at full throttle, and I also don't support (kanu's)Biafra.

Stand for the truth.

the real REVOLUTION

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by PublicHealthNig: 10:20am On Jul 31, 2017
May God help us to help ourselves

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by hucienda: 10:23am On Jul 31, 2017
This is a no-brainer. No. 2, of course.

What would be our business with him were he a private citizen spending over 5 months in the UK in 2017 thus far?

63 Likes

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 31, 2017
whitebeard:

He was attacked because of his fight against corruption so they wanted him dead, but what I have said now to most people it is highly superstitious, that' why most people don't talk about it, see him before and after he became president.

Well he his alive and recuperating in London to those who don't know where he is and what he is doing well now u do.

Pls I am not in support of any government cause the current government is not running Nigeria at full throttle, and I also don't support (kanu's)Biafra.

Stand for the truth.

the real REVOLUTION

Which corruption is he fighting with Amechi, abba Kari and tinubu as members of his kitchen cabinet

Buhari is a sectional leader, a tribalist promoting fulani hegemony.

May he never return as president

227 Likes 17 Shares

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by whitebeard(m): 10:49am On Jul 31, 2017
maria43:

Which corruption is he fighting with Amechi, abba Kari and tinubu as members of his kitchen cabinet

Buhari is a sectional leader, a tribalist promoting fulani hegemony.

May he never return as president
that man is supposed to be dead but is alive due prayers by Nigerians. Wait OK tell me who u think is better suited for that position.

7 Likes

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 31, 2017
whitebeard:
that man is supposed to be dead but is alive due prayers by Nigerians. Wait OK tell me who u think is better suited for that position.

He is not coming back as president.

Dead or alive, i don't care

Proudly 5%

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by PublicHealthNig: 1:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
CC: lalasticlala
Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by IllegalMoney: 3:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
whitebeard:

Stand for the truth.

the real REVOLUTION

grin grin grin
Ur village people have used ur brain to play Baba ijebu

100 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by NNAMDlKANU(m): 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2017
Our president is very healthy... And looking very fat cheesy

7 Likes

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by Memphis357(m): 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2017
See as Buhari and the APC don turn Nigeria to the 2nd biggest joke after Mugabe and Zimbabwe.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by NNAMDlKANU(m): 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2017
whitebeard:

Get sense

22 Likes

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by Iamsheye(m): 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2017
all this one did not concern me just 2 questions
1. Is he alive?
2. If yes, where is he?

3 Likes

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by ylaa(f): 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2017
grin
Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by Detailnews: 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2017
shocked cool NaijaBet

12 Likes

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by NNAMDlKANU(m): 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
Buhari is now a thing of mockery... More like a ponzi scheme ,lotto, and gambling. .well am placing 50k on this one.. buhari will never come back again grin grin

Dead bastard walking

24 Likes

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by Sapphire86(f): 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
My response would have been 3 but since I am basking in the righteousness of God, my response is 2. grin

5 Likes

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by ItsawrapOutfit: 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
What shall I say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by DodoGizzard(m): 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
So where is the poll na?

2 Likes

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by Evablizin(f): 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hm too bad very bad.

NAIJA AS A JOKE SEASON 1

Episode 1 title where is buhari by CNN

Episode 2 title buhari's health poll by Fareed Zakaria Watch out for More.Useless APC Government with their UK based presido the Legend of the sicker

3 Likes

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by happney65: 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
PublicHealthNig:
May God help us to help ourselves

Publichealth..Your Site don crash..Please fix it so i can say that which is on my mind for the yeye Man wey call himself Presido

6 Likes

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by lathrowinger: 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
Us... Illumnati country, they are like chameleon... stwupyd country. Wants everything scatter
Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by magoo10(m): 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
lt is not just an insult but also a disgrace,in saner climes buhari ought to have resigned.

23 Likes

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by shoabraha(m): 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
Nigeria is now a laughing stock...

12 Likes

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by Buking1: 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
shocked
All is good but I pray for our country

You can make your debate on this naija chatting app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sabichat.app

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by Albert0011(m): 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
Thunder will fire apc.

4 Likes

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by Memphis357(m): 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2017
shoabraha:
Nigeria is now a laughing stock...
Ah swear down
Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by MadCow1: 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2017
The Presidents health remains a Private Issue and that's the fact of the matter.

That said, the President is a Public Official occupying the highest office of the land and thus his health status and the vacancy it creates in that office is a matter of National concern.

Here is my main problem. As recent as 2009, we had a very similar issue when our President, Late President Yaradua Shehu fell ill and was flown to Saudi Arabia for treatment where he spent the better part of 3 months and unlike in the case of President Buhari, he didn't officially hand over to his Vice President President Goodluck Jonathan leaving the Nation without a constitutionally empowered head.

Let's also not forget the smaller yet also similar issue of Late Governor Suntai who was also admitted in hospital after his small aircraft which he was piloting crashed. In both these cases no handover was done to their Deputies and due to the high level of secrecy surrounding their health status and mental capacity, both the Nation and the State of Taraba were left in limbo.

What I would have expected was that the Nigerian Legislature would have learnt lessons from both those cases and made the requisite constitutional amendments to accommodate for a reoccurence in the future which they didn't. So as long as we still have no clearly defined parameters of what to do in case a sitting public official like the President or State Governor falls ill for more than a stipulated period for which he is incapable of occupying the office and carrying out his functions, we are all stuck in this rot.

I am a supporter of the President (though I am not affiliated with any political party) and wish him a speedy recovery, but the Office of the President and State Governor are both bigger than any one person and an entire Nation of almost 200 million People can't and should never be held hostage and left in this type of uncertainty ever.

We must not allow ourselves get distracted from the larger picture. If it's not Buhari or APC today like it was Yaradua and PDP barely 6 years ago, it may be Okafor and WWE in the future.

My Opinion..

Madcow.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by Austinoiz(m): 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2017
Fareed is an idi.at. We don't need anybody to remind us of Buhari's present incapacitation.
Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by dakeskese(m): 4:02pm On Jul 31, 2017
hmmm...

Since the poll would not reduce the price of fertilizer from 10k to 5k... I think it is irrelevant to me and every Nigerian's problems.

Make I go enter my Maize farm jare.
Re: CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health by OmoOshodi(m): 4:03pm On Jul 31, 2017
from the office.

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NEWS FLASH: Zamfara Election: Supreme Court Voids Votes For APC / Armed Forces Hold Parade For Pres. Tinubu On His Return To Nigeria (pics/video) / BREAKING: Many Injured As Thugs Destroy APC Congress In Ondo (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.