Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? (1714 Views)

How I Escaped The Siege Laid In My Home – Saraki / Armed Policemen Surrounding Dino Melaye's Home In Abuja (Photos) / Photos Of James Ibori At Home Country In Oghara, Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by ShoProperties(m): 3:20pm On Feb 13, 2017
If you have moved from one country to another then u will know this country is full of shit I guess it sound like my country really sucks, but oh well keeping it real here.

Political corruption

Inefficient and excessive bureaucracy

Sub-standard public services

Lack of job opportunities for young people

Dirty streets, in places like Ajegunle

Chaotic traffic, in places like IYANA PAJA / SANGO / LEKKI
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by Horlufemi(m): 3:21pm On Feb 13, 2017
YOU SHOULD THANK GOD YOU'RE NOT CHAINED.

LEAVE
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by Epositive(m): 3:31pm On Feb 13, 2017
one thing i know is ranting wont stop this country's problems. if u like nag,rant,complain,criticize, nothing will change! that's just the fact!

#self-employed
#positivevibes

1 Like

Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by Etzakoos(m): 3:32pm On Feb 13, 2017
Agreed...Nigeria Is Still Better Than Some Country

1 Like

Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by babyfaceafrica: 3:36pm On Feb 13, 2017
Then leave...who force you to stay?
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 13, 2017
Etzakoos:
Agreed...Nigeria Is Still Better Than Some Country

compares to the resources and wealth at its disposal...eh

tell me more
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 13, 2017
grin

If ur living in one of the high standard countries for a long time.. The moment u go back to ur homeland, it's a total different feelings sha.... So do not compare it coz it will juz make u even more frustrated. sad.

Juz enjoy ur holiday..

1 Like

Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by yomi007k(m): 3:44pm On Feb 13, 2017
grin

Welcome back to hell bro.....all d demons are here.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by MrMoRitz: 4:11pm On Feb 13, 2017
9ja na "hell hole"
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by donsteady(m): 4:23pm On Feb 13, 2017
ShoProperties:
If you have moved from one country to another then u will know this country is full of shit I guess it sound like my country really sucks, but oh well keeping it real here.

Political corruption

Do you know that some people don't have a country? Manage your own.
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by ShoProperties(m): 4:51pm On Feb 13, 2017
donsteady:

manage till when
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 13, 2017
ShoProperties:
manage till when
sad
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by ShoProperties(m): 5:22pm On Feb 13, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Then leave...who force you to stay?
lol you r not nice @ all
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by ShoProperties(m): 10:25pm On Feb 13, 2017
YO
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by ShoProperties(m): 7:18am On Feb 17, 2017
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by ShoProperties(m): 8:25pm On Feb 17, 2017
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by cocaineaddict(m): 9:01pm On Feb 17, 2017
donsteady:

Bros u de lie. Provide example.
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by ShoProperties(m): 9:31pm On Feb 17, 2017
looool people dat moved from calabar to Cameroon ..
cocaineaddict:

Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by donsteady(m): 9:36pm On Feb 17, 2017
cocaineaddict:

Bros, google is your friend, their re millions of people with no country.
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by Ahmadgani(m): 9:51pm On Feb 17, 2017
Niger, chad, togo, zimbabwe and benin are not too far
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by wirinet(m): 11:30pm On Feb 17, 2017
It is because you did not regard your home country as your home in the first place.
A home has much more meaning than a place that provides material comfort.
See Melissa Ward's speech at the UN security council detailing what home means to a Syrian woman;

I sat in the apartment of an elder woman called Souad who lost three of her sons in this war, she's blind and elderly and suffers from various health problems. Needless to say she was not able to get the medicine that she required for quite some time and the neighborhood that she lives in has really been bombed into the stone age.

What I noticed, because I talked to quite a few women there, is all of them have this slightly distant look in their eyes. They are all traumatized.

And I asked Souad, I asked: "Why don't you leave Aleppo?"

And she answered me very simply: "Why should I leave Aleppo?

"This is my home."

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/08/12/middleeast/clarissa-ward-unsc-syria/index.html
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by juman(m): 12:00am On Feb 18, 2017
Yeah, nigeria is a destroyed country. Destroyed by ibb, obasanjo, abacha, jonathan, buhari etc.
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by ShoProperties(m): 8:36am On Feb 22, 2017
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by ShoProperties(m): 5:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
angry
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by ShoProperties(m): 4:47am On Feb 24, 2017
Ho
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by ShoProperties(m): 8:40am On Feb 24, 2017
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by ShoProperties(m): 7:32pm On Mar 01, 2017
Nice write Up
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 01, 2017
ShoProperties:

Political corruption

So, Mr. Ajala the traveller, it's only in Nigeria that these society ills occur abi?

By the way, did anybody force you to go home, or did Nigeria tell you it is missing your presence?
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by ShoProperties(m): 8:12pm On Mar 01, 2017
loool travel and come back and see how behind we are
Ioannes:

So, Mr. Ajala the traveller, it's only in Nigeria that these society ills occur abi?

By the way, did anybody force you to go home, or did Nigeria tell you it is missing your presence?
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
ShoProperties:
loool travel and come back and see how behind we are

I don't know if this is the first time YOU are leaving the shores of this country, but you need to understand that some others actually move around the globe a lot more frequently.

There's corruption everywhere, poverty in every country, so I still don't know what you're talking about.

Yes, Nigeria is behind in development, yet there's always the good, the bad and the ugly aspects about Nigeria, same as everywhere else.
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by helinues: 9:49pm On Mar 01, 2017
Nigeria is meant for a rich man. The government is not yet responsible for anything ( electricity, road, health, education e.t.c) . You buy everything.. too poor

What about traffic, generator noise , billing( that one na die)
Re: Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? by ehikwe22: 10:00pm On Mar 01, 2017
Neither do I. I feel more at home in most foreign countries. I think it's strange

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pres. Obasanjo Commissions Mosque, Islamic School To Mark Birthday Celebrations / Nnamdi Kanu And Other IPOB Members Will Be Freed Tomorrow...IPOB Says / Pease Can Somebody Educate Me Legally On Why Igbos Should Not Be Granted Biafra.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.