Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds (5567 Views)

University Of Ibadan: Our Auditor Went Blind While Working On Accounts - Bursar / Proprietress Accused Of Unleashing Her Dog On Her Bursar In Edo (Photos) / N1bn Allowance: EFCC Summons OAU VC, Bursar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by youngmexxy: 8:44pm On Feb 13, 2017
Mr. Daramola and Mr. Oresegun have been
accused of diverting funds from various related
subheads of the institution to finance their
personal pockets.
Barring any last minute change in plan, the
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission
(EFCC) is set to arraign the embattled Vice
Chancellor of the Federal University of Akure
(FUTA), Adebiyi Daramola, and the Bursar,
Emmanuel Ademola Oresegun, at a Federal High
Court in Akure.
SaharaReporters learned on Monday that EFCC
officials have arrived in Akure, the Ondo State
capital, on a mission to drag the embattled Vice
Chancellor before the Federal High Court there
by Tuesday morning.
Mr. Daramola and Mr. Oresegun have been
accused of diverting funds from various related
subheads of the institution to finance their
personal pockets.
The embattled VC has specifically been accused
of withdrawing furniture allowances annually and
paying himself a housing fund while residing in
the Vice Chancellor's quarters, actions that
violate the university’s rules.
A top staff of the university disclosed to our
correspondent on Monday that the anti-graft
agency has gathered enough evidence against
Mr. Daramola over an alleged financial
misappropriation of the institution's funds.
The source, who pleaded anonymity, confirmed
that the anti-graft agency has completed its
investigation of the case.
“I am aware that the EFCC officials, with some
of their lawyers, have arrived in Akure and they
are prepared to charge the Vice Chancellor
(Adebiyi Daramola) and the Bursar (Emmanuel
Oresegun) in court unfailing tomorrow (Tuesday)
at the Federal High court.
"I just left the police headquarters of the SIB in
Akure where the VC and Bursar have been
detained on the instructions of the EFCC and am
sure details of this will be revealed to you later,"
the source said.
It would be recalled that Mr. Daramola was
arrested by the anti-graft agency following
various petitions over his alleged financial
mismanagement at FUTA.
Both Mr. Daramola and Mr. Oresegun have been
regular visitors to the Iyagankun office of the
EFCC in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, to explain
allegations against them.
Since the discovery of the misappropriation,
union leaders from the Senior Staff Association
of the Nigerian Universities (SSANU), National
Association of Academics Technologists (NAATs)
and the Non-Academic Staff Union (NASU) have
called for the removal of the Vice Chancellor.
The scandal has led to a series of protests on
the campus of the institution, with one side led
by union leaders and the other by the
management team loyal to the embattled Vice
Chancellor.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/02/13/efcc-set-arraign-futa-vc-bursar-court-over-misappropriation-funds

Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by rerhji(m): 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2017
hope d JAC members will gladly get to work now...coz na Wetin dem se expect b dis
Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 14, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by Twons1: 7:27am On Feb 14, 2017
Long overdue
Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by SIRKAY98(m): 7:28am On Feb 14, 2017
-

1 Like

Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by Kayendy(m): 7:29am On Feb 14, 2017
Hope they came prepared... They can't be allowing these thieves go Scot free

1 Like

Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by olaezebala: 7:30am On Feb 14, 2017
Corruption everywhere. It's so annoying that the academic world that ought to be a prototype for a working and better Nigeria is so messy and sh*ty. Something is fundamental wrong with the Nation.

We need to go back to the root. Starting from Nursery school, let's teach our kids how to be a better citizen. Hopefully when they grow up, they can make this country great again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by Sisqoman(m): 7:31am On Feb 14, 2017
Ebami kigbe OLE, JAGUDA, OFUN, GBEWIRI, FRAUD, THIEVES, full dis country.
Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by Samanza89: 7:33am On Feb 14, 2017
Y
Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by muyibaba222(m): 7:34am On Feb 14, 2017
Nice development. Professor of loot everywhere
Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 14, 2017
Same VCs in the name of ASUU and NASU will be the first to condemn the FG of corruption
Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by sureheaven(m): 7:39am On Feb 14, 2017
Where are we going in this country? Every sector in the country is controlled by thieves and rogues, what a shame. Person of integrity among our leaders is as rare as white falcon. May God help us

1 Like

Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by bundle33: 7:39am On Feb 14, 2017
Nigerians are full of corrupt people not only the VC but also some lecturers who are also collecting bribe from students to get grade...Am not surprise after reading the news...birds of the same feathers

1 Like

Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 14, 2017
Wtf!!! shocked

Can't believe my Alma mater is in the news for the wrong reasons embarassed cry

By the way it's professor Daramola not Mr.

Don't make FUTA sound like a glorified private secondary school. Be warned Mr. Op. angry
Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by jamace(m): 7:44am On Feb 14, 2017
This whistle blowing thing is good for this country. Searchlights should be beamed on our corrupt citadel of learning. Our tertiary institutions stink with corruption.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by reyscrub(m): 7:56am On Feb 14, 2017
When a professor of Economics and a bursar of charter accountant quarlifaction are looting without control and respect for their ethics and professional ordinance, then my judgement is this:

1) the VC's all certificates should be withdrawn, his asset includes his bank account be confiscated to govt, and he should be sent to 10 years imprisonment with hard labour

2) the bursar cert be revoked, his assert be impound includes his bank account and he be sent to 15 years imprisonment because he should guilde the VC financially.

3) any other person or staff discovered during the period of the prosecution of VC and bursar should be relieved of their appointment and any amount trace to their custody should be paid back with interest for the period of time they benefit such cake.

I rest my case.

Courrrrrrrrt!

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by melejo(m): 8:02am On Feb 14, 2017
Bolustic:
Same VCs in the name of ASUU and NASU will be the first to condemn the FG of corruption
Have you ever seen a VC condemn Federal government or support ASUU? Don't you know vc is a political office appointed by the presidency? Next time don't comment on what you don't know or

Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 14, 2017
I'm happy this day has come .. They should tell that tyrant VC to resign or else they should withdraw his certificate and confiscate some of his assets acquired through Dubious means..I want to collect transcript in school since like 2month ago I can't be able to collect it Caz of the JAC strike ,, I really can't blame the JAC because they are fighting for their right.. I just pray this court case goes well and FUTA JAC resume soon..

1 Like

Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 14, 2017
melejo:
Have you ever seen a VC condemn Federal government or support ASUU? Don't you know vc is a political office appointed by the presidency? Next time don't comment on what you don't know or

Lol the level of your ignorance reaches the sky .. It's a Fallacy to say all VC's are appointed by the federal government.. What of state universities for God sake or are they not part of ASUU also ... Try to think well before you talk on here
Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by samtee37(m): 8:19am On Feb 14, 2017
At least... I hope, after this the JAC will gladly resume and allow us to start our practical and other school works tongue lipsrsealed
Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by theway83: 8:30am On Feb 14, 2017
Corruption every in Nigerian, God bless Nigerian
Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by wonderkid619(m): 9:01am On Feb 14, 2017
shey they can win Daramola sha?
Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by solace2013: 9:33am On Feb 14, 2017
wonderkid619:
who is Daramola by the way? a common criminal?
Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 14, 2017
wonderkid619:

Nothing is impossible bro... Truth will always prevail
Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 10:33am On Feb 14, 2017
We are gradually getting it right in Nigeria..

Thank God for giving us PMB..
Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by ajiifixing(m): 10:56am On Feb 14, 2017
Iblad0994:
I'm happy this day has come .. They should tell that tyrant VC to resign or else they should withdraw his certificate and confiscate some of his assets acquired through Dubious means..I want to collect transcript in school since like 2month ago I can't be able to collect it Caz of the JAC strike ,, I really can't blame the JAC because they are fighting for their right.. I just pray this court case goes well and FUTA JAC resume soon..

Me too o.

Since November
Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 14, 2017
its nt only the Futa vc that's corrupt. the EFCC without sentiments should throw investigations into many of the universities in the southwest and beyond including the past administrations of Obafemi Awolowo university, osun state. i repeat, without sentiments.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by wonderkid619(m): 9:40pm On Feb 14, 2017
solace2013:
who is Daramola by the way? a common criminal?
he's still the VC oo
meanwhile today, the JAC people broke two students head with stone
Re: EFCC Set To Arraign FUTA VC, Bursar In Court Over Misappropriation Of Funds by wonderkid619(m): 9:40pm On Feb 14, 2017
Iblad0994:

Nothing is impossible bro... Truth will always prevail
I pray it's so in this case and truth prevails on time.... cos the strike is causing delays gaan... meanwhile the JAC people broke two students head with stones....

(1) (Reply)

Take These "Colourful Snakes" For God's Sake [photos] / Uniben Vs Delsu / Particulars A Lawyer Need To Get Accredited With Cac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.