Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Tree Of Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tree Of Life (1170 Views)

What Did Adam Gain From Eating Of The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good & Evil? / Strange Tree With Arabic Inscription In Ogun, REAL PHOTOS / Why Did God Plant The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tree Of Life by Babalawos(m): 10:07am On Feb 14, 2017
I am dedicating this post to "KAYODE" who called me and was asking questions about Farm Business, Ebo's (Sacrifices) and Ifa

Oka ni awo ilu ketekpe
Er ni awo ilu 'gun gbororo.
Adifa fun agb.e tonlo si oko. aloro Odun.

Boa Is the short Awo, while Python is the tall Awo.

Those were the awos who made divination for a farmer called Agbe when he was going to start a new farm at the beginning of the year. He was advised to make sacrifice with a he-goat in order to have a successful farming year. He did the sacrifice.

It was the tradition in the village for farmers to perform the chores in their farms by mutual effort (Abo in yoruba and Use in Bini). He had gone with everyone else to clear their farms and it was his turn for others to help in clearing his farm.

On that day it rained heavily and it was not possible for any work to be done in his farm.

The next day he went round to invite the people to come in lieu of the previous day, but they all refused on the ground that he had lost his chance of being assisted to the rain. He became dejected not knowing what to do to clear his farm.

He then went to borrow money to employ labourers to assist him in clearing his farm. When it came to the time to repay the loan he was too destitute to afford it. His creditor called Atirala harassed him so much that he hegan to spend more time in his farm than at home.

It was time for planting yams during which ridges had to be made. He was virtually sleeping in his farm since he could not afford money to hire labour; and no one would agree to lend him any way, since he was now being ridiculed in the village as a chronic debtor.

One night, he had a dream while sleeping in his farm and his guardian spirit told him that a strange visitor was coming to pay him a visit in his farm. The guardian spirit advised him to entertain the visitor very well.

Meanwhile, lwori Obara was visiting the village at the invitation of the bead chief. He went out one morning in search of leaves to do his work and ended up on the periphery of Agbe's farm.

When Agbe heard the sound of someone plucking leaves in his farm, he invited the stranger to his hut where he entertained him with food and drinks. In accordance with tradition, lwori-Obara brought out the divination Ikin (Ifa seeds) tied round his waist to divine for Agbe.

After divination, the awo told him that he was not prosperous because he had strayed away from the path of his destiny. He told Agbe that farming was not his profession, and that he should take to trading. He wondered how he was going to trade when he had no money.

The visitor told him to serve his head with a pigeon, and his guardian spirit with a guinea-fowl in the farm and thereafter that should be the last farm he was ever to make.

After the visitor left his farm, he continued with the task of preparing the ridges for planting his yams. As he was digging away, he began to wonder how he was going to obtain the money for the sacrifice.

The next morning, the traps he made round his farm caught a boa, an antelope and a grass cutter. He quickly butchered them and dried them up in the fire place for his wife to sell them in the market.

With the money realized from the sale of the meat, he was able to buy the pigeon and the guinea-fowl for his sacrifices.

After the sacrifices, he again spent the night in his farm. While asleep, his guardian spirit told him to dig a special ridge around the tree of life (lgi-akoko in yoruba and lkhin-mwin in Bini) in his farm. He subsequently did as he was advised. Thereafter things began to happen in his favour.

First, he came to the farm three days later to discover a dead python and a dead elephant in his farm. There were signs all over the farm that the python and the elephant both fought to death.

His trading profession had begun, because not only did he sell the meat of the elephant and python, the oil from the latter fetched him a lot of money.

The king of the area heard that an elephant died in his farm and directed that the tusk should be brought to him. He obeyed the king's directives, but he was compensated with two slaves for each of the two tusks which gave him two male and two female slaves.

With the help of the slaves he was able to give up farming by himself. He became very prosperous because the two female slaves turned out to be professional traders.

If this Odu appears at Ugbodu, the person should be advised to take to business because his lfa would enrich him. He should forbid working with anyone through mutual aid (Abo or Use).

Infact, he should not work for anybody. He should serve the Ifa with 16 snails. At divination, the person should serve Esu with a he-goot to avoid indebtedness.

Thank you for reading, leave a comment

Babalawos

3 Likes

Re: Tree Of Life by delishpot: 10:32am On Feb 14, 2017
Lovely. I love listening to stories like this.
Re: Tree Of Life by Babalawos(m): 11:53am On Feb 14, 2017
So what did you learn from this esoteric story?

delishpot:
Lovely. I love listening to stories like this.
Re: Tree Of Life by delishpot: 12:20pm On Feb 14, 2017
Babalawos:

That my ori can show me the way forward. That prayers get answered, that success is not only by our labour but by the help of the divine in guiding us along the right path. That we should be good natured. We should listen to our intuition.
Re: Tree Of Life by sonmvayina(m): 8:26am On Feb 15, 2017
Babalawos:

pm me ur email or whatsapp number...i hsve some personal stuff i want to ask.
Re: Tree Of Life by Babalawos(m): 10:05am On Feb 15, 2017
Send me private messages through www.facebook.com/Ifapriests and I will be glad to help if the Gods permits me

sonmvayina:

pm me ur email or whatsapp number...i hsve some personal stuff i want to ask.
Re: Tree Of Life by sonmvayina(m): 11:32am On Feb 15, 2017
Babalawos:
Send me private messages through www.facebook.com/Ifapriests and I will be glad to help if the Gods permits me

ok thanks
Re: Tree Of Life by Babalawos(m): 4:53pm On Feb 15, 2017
You are welcome. I have replied your private message on Facebook

sonmvayina:

ok thanks
Re: Tree Of Life by Pdizzle(m): 5:10pm On Feb 15, 2017
Babalawos:
I am dedicating this post to "KAYODE" who called me and was asking questions about Farm Business, Ebo's (Sacrifices) and Ifa

Boa Is the short Awo, while Python is the tall Awo.

Those were the awos who made divination for a farmer called Agbe when he was going to start a new farm at the beginning of the year. He was advised to make sacrifice with a he-goat in order to have a successful farming year. He did the sacrifice.

It was the tradition in the village for farmers to perform the chores in their farms by mutual effort (Abo in yoruba and Use in Bini). He had gone with everyone else to clear their farms and it was his turn for others to help in clearing his farm.

On that day it rained heavily and it was not possible for any work to be done in his farm.

The next day he went round to invite the people to come in lieu of the previous day, but they all refused on the ground that he had lost his chance of being assisted to the rain. He became dejected not knowing what to do to clear his farm.

He then went to borrow money to employ labourers to assist him in clearing his farm. When it came to the time to repay the loan he was too destitute to afford it. His creditor called Atirala harassed him so much that he hegan to spend more time in his farm than at home.

It was time for planting yams during which ridges had to be made. He was virtually sleeping in his farm since he could not afford money to hire labour; and no one would agree to lend him any way, since he was now being ridiculed in the village as a chronic debtor.

One night, he had a dream while sleeping in his farm and his guardian spirit told him that a strange visitor was coming to pay him a visit in his farm. The guardian spirit advised him to entertain the visitor very well.

Meanwhile, lwori Obara was visiting the village at the invitation of the bead chief. He went out one morning in search of leaves to do his work and ended up on the periphery of Agbe's farm.

When Agbe heard the sound of someone plucking leaves in his farm, he invited the stranger to his hut where he entertained him with food and drinks. In accordance with tradition, lwori-Obara brought out the divination Ikin (Ifa seeds) tied round his waist to divine for Agbe.

After divination, the awo told him that he was not prosperous because he had strayed away from the path of his destiny. He told Agbe that farming was not his profession, and that he should take to trading. He wondered how he was going to trade when he had no money.

The visitor told him to serve his head with a pigeon, and his guardian spirit with a guinea-fowl in the farm and thereafter that should be the last farm he was ever to make.

After the visitor left his farm, he continued with the task of preparing the ridges for planting his yams. As he was digging away, he began to wonder how he was going to obtain the money for the sacrifice.

The next morning, the traps he made round his farm caught a boa, an antelope and a grass cutter. He quickly butchered them and dried them up in the fire place for his wife to sell them in the market.

With the money realized from the sale of the meat, he was able to buy the pigeon and the guinea-fowl for his sacrifices.

After the sacrifices, he again spent the night in his farm. While asleep, his guardian spirit told him to dig a special ridge around the tree of life (lgi-akoko in yoruba and lkhin-mwin in Bini) in his farm. He subsequently did as he was advised. Thereafter things began to happen in his favour.

First, he came to the farm three days later to discover a dead python and a dead elephant in his farm. There were signs all over the farm that the python and the elephant both fought to death.

His trading profession had begun, because not only did he sell the meat of the elephant and python, the oil from the latter fetched him a lot of money.

The king of the area heard that an elephant died in his farm and directed that the tusk should be brought to him. He obeyed the king's directives, but he was compensated with two slaves for each of the two tusks which gave him two male and two female slaves.

With the help of the slaves he was able to give up farming by himself. He became very prosperous because the two female slaves turned out to be professional traders.

If this Odu appears at Ugbodu, the person should be advised to take to business because his lfa would enrich him. He should forbid working with anyone through mutual aid (Abo or Use).

Infact, he should not work for anybody. He should serve the Ifa with 16 snails. At divination, the person should serve Esu with a he-goot to avoid indebtedness.

Thank you for reading, leave a comment

Babalawos

I like this story. I use to read the book by Wande Abimbola. The yoruba mythology is interesting.
Re: Tree Of Life by Babalawos(m): 6:47pm On Feb 19, 2017
Thanks for your compliment

Pdizzle:

I like this story. I use to read the book by Wande Abimbola. The yoruba mythology is interesting.

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Who Have Received Holy Ghost Still Go Through Water Baptism? / Top 10 Facts About The Bamiloyes / Pastors Know What The Average Christian Doesn't.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.