Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,546 members, 7,843,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Unfair Planned Hike In BRT Bus Fare: An Open Letter To Lagos State Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unfair Planned Hike In BRT Bus Fare: An Open Letter To Lagos State Govt (840 Views)

300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics / Photos From Lekki Toll Gate Protest Against Price Hike In Lagos (Photos) / Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unfair Planned Hike In BRT Bus Fare: An Open Letter To Lagos State Govt by ikorodureporta: 11:01am On Feb 14, 2017
Dear LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT,
AND OUR GOVERNOR, YOUR EXCELLENCY, MR AKINWUNMI AMBODE,

I've written this message to express my/our grievances towards your planned increment in BRT bus fare around the state as from the first of March, especially along the IKORODU-TBS ROUTE.

A Break down of the planned changes are as written below:

*IKORODU GARAGE TO MILE 12, FROM N75 to N100;

*MILE 12 TO FADEYI - N75 to N100

*FADEYI TO CMS - N75 to N100.

2-ZONES:

**IKORODU TO FADEYI - N120 to N200;

**MILE12 TO TBS - N120 - N200

3 ZONES:

* IKORODU TO TBS - N200 to N300;

Now, you are planning to increase a single-zone trip to N100, double-zone to N200 and TBS-IKORODU to N300.

I/ We don't know how you arrived @ these figures, but all i/we can see is a reflection of insensitivity to the plight of the people especially the masses of Ikorodu. Are the people travelling longer distances not supposed to enjoy more discounts??

You know how we spend hours to get to our destinations; you know how we spend a lot of cash to get our destinations; you know the class of majority of the people living in Ikorodu, yet you don't consider us & the poor before planning a hike. Are we the cause of the recession, or you just want to use us to get out of recession. Do you know that N100 times 30 days, is enough to feed some bachelors for about 10days?? This increment will also let other commercial buses to hike their prices along that route.

In a normal situation, the increment shouldn't be more than this: N100 for single Zone, N180 for double-zone, and N250 for Ikorodu-TBS.

I/We hereby send this 2weeks notice to whoever is concerned that the N300 fare hike would be resisted! It is either N250, or We Shall #Occupy The BRT Lanes!!! I'm already mobilizing for that! sad

By Aggrieved Nairalander,
ikorodureporta.

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, mynd44.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unfair Planned Hike In BRT Bus Fare: An Open Letter To Lagos State Govt by amamahdaniel(m): 11:04am On Feb 14, 2017
WHY? THIS IS NOT FAIR.
Re: Unfair Planned Hike In BRT Bus Fare: An Open Letter To Lagos State Govt by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 14, 2017
When Lagos state erected toll gate at lekki they said it was owned by a private company.Now that they increase transport fare on brt,they are saying it is a private individuals that invested in it.My question is who are the private individuals that runs lagos state?Is it tinubu?I refuse to believe that.It is taxpayers money that are use to run those projects.
Re: Unfair Planned Hike In BRT Bus Fare: An Open Letter To Lagos State Govt by KINGwax007(m): 11:18am On Feb 14, 2017
Ikotun residents are renowned thugs anyways. Bros, is the hiked fare the same as the regular buses?

The answer is 'No'...

If you want good maintenance (as everything has gone up in prices), then u shld have to pay more or board your molue!

1 Like

Re: Unfair Planned Hike In BRT Bus Fare: An Open Letter To Lagos State Govt by ikorodureporta: 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2017
KINGwax007:
Ikotun residents are renowned thugs anyways. Bros, is the hiked fare the same as the regular buses?

The answer is 'No'...

If you want good maintenance (as everything has gone up in prices), then u shld have to pay more or board your molue!

undecided
Re: Unfair Planned Hike In BRT Bus Fare: An Open Letter To Lagos State Govt by laudate: 3:45pm On Feb 14, 2017
ikorodureporta:
Dear LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT,
AND OUR GOVERNOR, YOUR EXCELLENCY, MR AKINWUNMI AMBODE,

I've written this message to express my/our grievances towards your planned increment in BRT bus fare around the state as from the first of March, especially the IKORODU-TBS ROUTE.

You know how we spend hours to get to our destinations; you know how we spend a lot of cash to get our destinations; you know the class of majority of the people living in Ikorodu, yet you don't consider us & the poor before planning a hike. Are we the cause of the recession, or you just want to use us to get out of recession. Do you know that N100 times 30 days, is enough to feed some bachelors for about 10days??

You must be a bachelor! I guess you are speaking from experience?? cheesy
Re: Unfair Planned Hike In BRT Bus Fare: An Open Letter To Lagos State Govt by ikorodureporta: 10:05pm On Feb 14, 2017
laudate:

You must be a bachelor! I guess you are speaking from experience?? cheesy

experience as a passenger
Re: Unfair Planned Hike In BRT Bus Fare: An Open Letter To Lagos State Govt by Grundig: 10:17pm On Feb 14, 2017
Cmon guys, with high cost of living these days , I think the increase is fair.

However, I would suggest they introduce a system where bulk payment for journeys over a period of time gets the commuter a percentage discount.

For example: daiky return ticket should have 5-10% diacount.

Weekly and monthly ticketa should enjoy 10-15% discount.

This is obtainable in the uk
Re: Unfair Planned Hike In BRT Bus Fare: An Open Letter To Lagos State Govt by ikorodureporta: 7:59pm On Feb 27, 2017
Grundig:
Cmon guys, with high cost of living these days , I think the increase is fair.

However, I would suggest they introduce a system where bulk payment for journeys over a period of time gets the commuter a percentage discount.

For example: daiky return ticket should have 5-10% diacount.

Weekly and monthly ticketa should enjoy 10-15% discount.

This is obtainable in the uk

it seems u'r nt affectd. This increment will cause inflation in ikorodu, -other transporters, traders, etc will inflate their prices too. How much will smaller buses charge us if brt is N300??
Re: Unfair Planned Hike In BRT Bus Fare: An Open Letter To Lagos State Govt by ikorodureporta: 6:57am On Feb 28, 2017
Less than 24hrs to go...
Re: Unfair Planned Hike In BRT Bus Fare: An Open Letter To Lagos State Govt by babyfaceafrica: 7:19am On Feb 28, 2017
ikorodureporta:

it seems u'r nt affectd. This increment will cause inflation in ikorodu, -other transporters, traders, etc will inflate their prices too. How much will smaller buses charge us if brt is N300??
oga things are expensive everywhere,people have already increased prices of things...that guy has a point.this thing na business,do you want them to run at a loss?

(1) (Reply)

Why We Want To Take-over Surulere National Stadium – Ambode / BREAKING : Senate Suspends Ndume For Six Months - Punch / Massive Road Construction By Awka Ibom Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.