Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) (15730 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State / Chimamanda Adichie Speaks On Social Media, Donald Trump, And Feminism / Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 14, 2017
We are saying the same thing.

You just gave a basic definition of what feminism is about.
Funlordmaniac:

This is a flawed way to reason! Case in point go and learn about this young woman in lagos called "affiong williams"....she's a client of mine and she ain't no feminist! She is probably your age mate!

Work hard and try to be all you can be like her, don't wait for a man to change a life that you can actually change by your self! Be brave...most nigerian woman need to start taking risks with their ambitions!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by Funlordmaniac(m): 2:48pm On Feb 14, 2017
Stupedinluv:
We are saying the same thing.

You just gave a basic definition of what feminism is about.

Nope I just gave you a definition of how normal men and women should live their lives! No one has ever stopped anyone from being what they want to be! All those societal, social and cultural excuses are baseless!

The feminists always focus on class wars when there is none! Anyway live on.....

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by homirefacuny(m): 3:05pm On Feb 14, 2017
cstr100:
That her speech on TEDx about how we should all be feminists is probably one of the greatest speeches on feminism in 21st century America and has converted millions to feminism.
[b]Home-gurl is now a feminist Icon for over 90% of female american citizens. Not bad for an igbo immigrant with no US citizenship as we speak.
[/b]

Omo Iya... If this is true, I doff my hat for her.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by laudate: 3:09pm On Feb 14, 2017
lilfreezy:
all these girls will be shouting feminist! Feminist!, but when they go to uni and they give them Bachelors degree they will collect
Funlordmaniac:
Nope I just gave you a definition of how normal men and women should live their lives! No one has ever stopped anyone from being what they want to be! All those societal, social and cultural excuses are baseless!

The feminists always focus on class wars when there is none! Anyway live on.....

No mind dem. wink I would have taken Chimamanda's feminist role seriously, if she was still single and over 35 years of age, with no offspring.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by Kobicove(m): 3:09pm On Feb 14, 2017
lilfreezy:
all these girls will be shouting feminist! Feminist!, but when they go to uni and they give them Bachelors degree they will collect
grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by MtuMsuper: 3:45pm On Feb 14, 2017
I especially loved her rebuttal of Steve Banno... er sorry Trump.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by davidif: 4:17pm On Feb 14, 2017
jesus500:
She is really making us proud, I salute her brilliance. Knowledge is power. education is very important.

Yes o. With all the bad news Naija and the rest of Africa is known for its good to hear some positive news about an African. This woman truly should be an ambassador for the continent.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by davidif: 4:17pm On Feb 14, 2017
MtuMsuper:
I especially loved her rebuttal of Steve Banno... er sorry Trump.

Receipts please?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by davidif: 4:19pm On Feb 14, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Why is it that insecure man are usually the biggest enemies of feminism?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by davidif: 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2017
jesus500:
She is really making us proud, I salute her brilliance. Knowledge is power. education is very important.

For real, for real.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by MicKaro: 4:28pm On Feb 14, 2017
Another radical feminist teaching all girls to blame men for their downfall and praise themselves for their success
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by Funlordmaniac(m): 4:28pm On Feb 14, 2017
davidif:

Why is it that insecure man are usually the biggest enemies of feminism?

Why don't you go and ask some of the insecure men in your family? I don't have time to educate ignorant people that cannot read and understand simple english they read online!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by KanwuliaExtra: 4:30pm On Feb 14, 2017
Illiterates can never understand the real meaning of feminism lai lai! grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by davidif: 4:38pm On Feb 14, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Why don't you go and ask some of the insecure men in your family? I don't have time to educate ignorant people that cannot read and understand simple english they read online!

Haha, good to see that I struck a nerve. You know you won an argument when the only come back you can think of is an amateur childish response. Are your feelings hurt?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by Philadelphia: 4:46pm On Feb 14, 2017
jesus500:

So it's "us" now abi? Not "Igbo"? You want to claim relationship cos it's a good thing. I pity you.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by Philadelphia: 4:47pm On Feb 14, 2017
I know so many fake people and the so called "afonjas" would come here to claim relationship cos she is doing us proud. Remember, she's a "Igbo".

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by Funlordmaniac(m): 4:53pm On Feb 14, 2017
davidif:

Haha, good to see that I struck a nerve. You know you won an argument when the only come back you can think of is an amateur childish response. Are your feelings hurt?

Madam/mr you can never strike a nerve with a moniker like mine! The problem with some of you is that when you are swatted away like the insignificant flies you are you then want to believe that you were actually worth the time and effort! Okay let me simplify it for you since it's obvious thinking is not really your forte:

The sister I quoted understood my point clearly, some other smart females and males who also understood even used my post as a means to buttress their own points! So who do you really think cares if you don't get it or not? You can park here and keep ranting but it's your mb anyway so use it as you deem fit! Just remember I'm busy with my sports crew discussing tonight's game! Look for other online quarrelsome market women/men like yourself who enjoy having meaningless banter!

Shalom! wink
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by ogbonti: 5:19pm On Feb 14, 2017
Chimamanda rose to prominence in the OBAMA/CLINTON era of unending feud between and among all contending social demographics the liberals created to divide Americans. Who and what is Ms. Adiche PROTESTING against? Who stopped her from achieving her dreams in Nigeria or elsewhere? For her to embark on this satanic campaign of feminism is a slap on her own father who provided her with everything she needed to excel, her Uncles, Brother, Nephews, Male cousins, Church Clergy and other men in her community who supported her in life that she is spending so much time rubbishing before the western media. Thanks a million for proclaiming you are a victim of Africa's goodness amidst so much lack and poverty, before a world that sees nothing good about us in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 14, 2017
ogbonti:
Chimamanda rose to prominence in the OBAMA/CLINTON era of unending feud between and among all contending social demographics the liberals created to divide Americans. Who and what is Ms. Adiche PROTESTING against? Who stopped her from achieving her dreams in Nigeria or elsewhere? For her to embark on this satanic campaign of feminism is a slap on her own father who provided her with everything she needed to excel, her Uncles, Brother, Nephews, Male cousins, Church Clergy and other men in her community who supported her in life that she is spending so much time rubbishing before the western media. Thanks a million for proclaiming you are a victim of Africa's goodness amidst so much lack and poverty, before a world that sees nothing good about us in the first place.
A million likes
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by Lemmy123(m): 7:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
ogbonti:
Gbagaun!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by DatblackBoi(m): 7:10pm On Feb 14, 2017
omalicha nwa...
there is something about this lady that I love so much ever since I discovered her.
Ride on nne
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by Egalitarian1: 7:14pm On Feb 14, 2017
I was seriously and carefully reading comments to see the idiotic name checkers but unfortunately NCAN now has no proud members. If it were a crime related issue,you would have seen lots of NCAN presidents and secretaries but now that Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has brought honour to Nigeria, it has become a collectively celebrated honour on Nairaland. The highest level of tribalism, sectionalism and religious intolerance being promoted on nairaland by Nigerian youths is indescribably appalling! Why can't Nigerian youths unite and jettison their negative thoughts and sentiments in order to keep Nigeria TRULY one? egalitarianism is the solution #
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by lightwind(m): 7:44pm On Feb 14, 2017
This igbo woman is really going places.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by MarieSucre(f): 10:18pm On Feb 14, 2017
Stupedinluv:
With the way things are for women in this part of the world, feminism seems to be the only way out for African women.

I wish there was a better way though.

What other way dear?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by MarieSucre(f): 10:20pm On Feb 14, 2017
lilfreezy:

Next thing you will say, why is there is no womankind just as there is mankind or why do men have nipple if somebody cannot suck their bress.

Retard.ed questions of the highest order.

Na small like this, na im remaim wey you for get sense.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by MarieSucre(f): 10:20pm On Feb 14, 2017
gaetano:

Lol! No mind them. Feminist! But if them see small beard they will shave it

grin

So feminism is about beards?! I'm not understanding your retar.ded logic.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by MarieSucre(f): 10:22pm On Feb 14, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

This is a flawed way to reason! Case in point go and learn about this young woman in lagos called "affiong williams"....she's a client of mine and she ain't no feminist! She is probably your age mate!

Work hard and try to be all you can be like her, don't wait for a man to change a life that you can actually change by your self! Be brave...most nigerian woman need to start taking risks with their ambitions!

She might not embrace the title. Some people don't like to put labels on their selves, but she is embodying the principles by her handiwork.

Remember Feminism is simply the socio-politico elevation of women.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by Funlordmaniac(m): 10:46pm On Feb 14, 2017
MarieSucre:

She might not embrace the title. Some people don't like to put labels on their selves, but she is embodying the principles by her handiwork.

Remember Feminism is simply the socio-politico elevation of women.

True but i'm just trying to let her know it's all in her mind! Dream big, think big, live big !
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) by Josephamstrong1(m): 5:30am On Feb 15, 2017
Hehehe grin
Adichie my friend.
Read sm ladies shouting... Yes, yeah! Cool...feminsm all the way!
Adichie ain't a feminist even b4 she got married.
Better use ur heads. Be street wise, wt hard work and working smart.
Dats wat defined this lady. Nt sm leaches waiting a man's purse still claiming feminists.
Her teaching is all abt being self dependent, brave to take risk like my bae kiss and nt hopping or depending on any man.
Feminism is just an English word whc she kwz berra.
Most naija gals not ladies r taking it overboard.

Feminist belike... grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Ekanems / An Ace For Oscar (A Short Story) / Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.