Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,632 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff (37535 Views)

Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff / Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call / Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by Geezholla: 7:23pm On Feb 14, 2017
This action if true may lead to strike action by the trade unions and that will never go well in Nigeria considering the state of the Nigeria economy.
Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by bobjoseph: 7:28pm On Feb 14, 2017
I dont believe dis poo
Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by Shittuakeem(m): 7:31pm On Feb 14, 2017
During last administration that I went to Abuja's federal service commission for job search, I was surprised to see our Niger Delta brothers mostly with appointment letter, that is Nigeria for you! Jonathan used his influence to push the S. South people now they will be purged out.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by Snowstorm: 7:33pm On Feb 14, 2017
It's true people i don't know if the numbers are true but i know they want to sack people...especially people appoineted from 2013- 2015.
Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by Ibro2005: 7:38pm On Feb 14, 2017
They were not recruited according to rules of the federal civil service as quoted:

“Irregular appointments are appointments that
are not backed by approved declared vacancies,
in which case, government does not have the
financial provision for them,” he reportedly said.
He added that the commission discovered a lot
of irregular appointments which are not backed
by approved declared vacancies.

And besides, where were u wailers when past government sacked NIMC staff mostly northeners
Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by mapet: 7:47pm On Feb 14, 2017
upchair:
Be careful about the the type of news you believe. There are so many fake media outfits on the internet that are looking for relevance. In this regard, I think nairaland should verify stories first before putting them on the front page.

In this case you have all the verification you need. Social times is one of those useless medium for spreading fake news
Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by bizhop01: 7:53pm On Feb 14, 2017
After sacking lock them up in room,don't let them have acess to FIREARMS & AMMUNITION
Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:55pm On Feb 14, 2017
Shittuakeem:
During last administration that I went to Abuja's federal service commission for job search, I was surprised to see our Niger Delta brothers mostly with appointment letter, that is Nigeria for you! Jonathan used his influence to push the S. South people now they will be purged out.

nawa for you o.

did Jonathan purge out people that time?
so you were not happy that "our niger delta brothers" were holding appointment letters?

it is very well o.

instead of sacking (or purging like you said) these people, cant "you" create more position/vacancy for the 2000 people you want to selectively employ/favour to ENTER the FCS?

you must not sack them nah.

mind you ayam not a civil servant, but this your mindset is not healthy.

i say again it is well o.
God will help all of us.

3 Likes

Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by alfsalami: 7:56pm On Feb 14, 2017
What's the motive behind this analysis by regions ? The analyst must be stupid and most likely a PDP member

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 14, 2017
sarrki:
I don't subscribe to sacking

Why sack 3500 and employ 2000

Something is wrong somewhere
Maybe some of the workers were not doing anything? And the writer of this report seems mischevious to me, trying to count the number of people sacked from each tribe. To what gain?
Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by IstandWitBuhari: 8:06pm On Feb 14, 2017
madridguy:
Buhari need to come back soon. Sack people for what? Sai Baba there is fire on the mountain, run back home.

They will soon sack u from the 20k as$ licking job u are doing for apc online

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by OLANIYI1985: 8:08pm On Feb 14, 2017
president buhari has no idea how to manage the economy which is affecting mostly we graduates, same thing happened during his military tenure. anyway 2019 is almost here.

2 Likes

Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by Opakan2: 8:16pm On Feb 14, 2017
GEJ e no go better for you and your generation..
Just look at the terrible state we've found ourselves because of that cursed bastard from otueke.. Na wailers go suffer am pass

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by Godsate: 8:44pm On Feb 14, 2017
Not this time. Allowing these nigerian to keep thier job is one of the major way for federal government to help in time like this.

It's like those people in government don't really know what is going on on the street.
Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by senitorspeaker(m): 8:51pm On Feb 14, 2017
There was a country

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by UdyOgwoUde(m): 9:14pm On Feb 14, 2017
If you don't have anyone at the top, don't bother applying for the 2000 slot. It's already been occupied by their wards.

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by madridguy(m): 9:22pm On Feb 14, 2017
I wish am receiving 20K at this moment tongue tongue

IstandWitBuhari:

They will soon sack u from the 20k as$ licking job u are doing for apc online
Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by madridguy(m): 9:26pm On Feb 14, 2017
Very funny my boss.

omenkaLives:
But wait a minute. Arent those idiots wailing about this the same miscreants that hailed Fayose and justified his sacking of hundreds of workers in Ekiti state civil service two months ago? cheesy

Funny country we live in.
Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by Shittuakeem(m): 9:34pm On Feb 14, 2017
VeeVeeMyLuv:

nawa for you o.

did Jonathan purge out people that time?
so you were not happy that "our niger delta brothers" were holding appointment letters?

it is very well o.

instead of sacking (or purging like you said) these people, cant "you" create more position/vacancy for the 2000 people you want to selectively employ/favour to ENTER the FCS?

you must not sack them nah.

mind you ayam not a civil servant, but this your mindset is not healthy.

i say again it is well o.
God will help all of us.

My point is that they were employed under ground without announcement, so federal character is not considered
Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by Evangdanyno2017(m): 10:15pm On Feb 14, 2017
It callous for fg to talk of sacking the people instead of employing. A country bles wit both human capital and natural resource. Hw leaders has fail us since 1960, they are monumental failure. A country like Singapore witout natural source dnt lay off their workers instead they are creating more jobs opportunities through industriation and first- of - earth infrastructures. Any reasonable youth should go back to history which the govt has covered under the capet to hide some of their hideous activities from the contemporary generation, before you throw your weight behind any leader. Whn i look at Nigeria wit al the blesing God on it, my hrt become sad.
Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 14, 2017
sharpden:

So majority of southerners where recruited through the back door and northerners followed the front door?

Your stupidity get swagg ah swear.
who are the southerners? Are they not the same flatinoes and afonjas that are busy with their e-war? Your own stupidity is fantastically and idiotically moronic. Confused Wailler!
Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by do4luv14(m): 11:05pm On Feb 14, 2017
tempest01:

Is your brain paining you?
. Y shud it??, you need to go for check up
Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by Syjibrin(f): 11:11pm On Feb 14, 2017
melejo:
So you can be this objective? There is indeed hope for the living
Lol guy you hash oh waiting sarrki do u na? To be candid Sarriki objectivity this time is on the high side
Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by sapele914(m): 11:31pm On Feb 14, 2017
tempest01:
Lol.'m they are now cleansing you southerners from federal appointment, after illegal recruitments into NNPC, CBN, NDIC, FIRS, etc.

When it favours them, they say targeted head hunt....when it doesn't favour them, they bring up federal character. If the excuse uses to sack is illegal recruitment, them 2/3 of federal appointees in Nigeria should be sacked.
tempest01 and the wailers,senseless as usual go and

1 Share

Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by swedbase(m): 11:52pm On Feb 14, 2017
Kondomatic:
The number will go up to 7000 if Buhari returns before Osibanjo orders their sacking.

The meaning of Buhari in Kuvuki land is multiplier of problems.

I am rolling on the floor here grin grin
Your damm funny.
Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by Splashme: 12:33am On Feb 15, 2017
akp202:
Hummm.....was it that they were shouting CHAINS and we heard CHANGE?
................ Ben Bruce
Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by opribo(m): 1:25am On Feb 15, 2017
That is the characteristics of bubu govt since 1983 so its normal.
Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by str8talk1: 1:46am On Feb 15, 2017
That's is why we need to have a functional President in place so that all these proxies steering the country for their own selfish and mundane motives can stop.
Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by mechanics(m): 6:48am On Feb 15, 2017
bad news dis early morning, there is God, nothing will happen.
Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:23am On Feb 15, 2017
Ibro2005:
They were not recruited according to rules of the federal civil service as quoted:

“Irregular appointments are appointments that
are not backed by approved declared vacancies,
in which case, government does not have the
financial provision for them,” he reportedly said.
He added that the commission discovered a lot
of irregular appointments which are not backed
by approved declared vacancies.

And besides, where were u wailers when past government sacked NIMC staff mostly northeners

Don't mind them, see how they quickly ignored the above totally clear cut detribalised criteria and shamelessly twisted it into a tribal one.
So they expect the government not to sack those who were appointed fraudulently simply because many of their ppl were the ones who mostly lied and cheated their way into these appointments - well how hypocritical.

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 15, 2017
Revenge of the BUBU
Re: FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff by alaskido(m): 9:37am On Feb 15, 2017
Clueless government at it again. If they were not employed in line with the civil service rules, they should not be disengaged by rather their appointments should be regularised. We thought APC promised more jobs but instead they are downsizing. It is well with our country o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Professional Exams Vs Masters Which Is Better? / AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide / What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.