Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

How Many Litres Of Fuel - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Many Litres Of Fuel (2728 Views)

The Might Of Fuel Economy I Don't Understand / These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know / Fuel Scarcity: What Is The Situation, How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Litres Of Fuel by J0hnTrevolt(m): 4:19am On Feb 15, 2017
Please nairalanders,
How many litres of fuel can I cover on a distance of 61 kilometers on a v6 engine without AC
Please state ur car make n model n how many litres u can cover with dat.
I use up about 12litres without AC so I want to know if its normal.
Tnx
Re: How Many Litres Of Fuel by mokset123: 5:17am On Feb 15, 2017
Are you sure your car is not read in miles.
My v6 accord uses about 20 litres for 61 miles.
Re: How Many Litres Of Fuel by J0hnTrevolt(m): 5:23am On Feb 15, 2017
mokset123:
Are you sure your car is not read in miles.
My v6 accord uses about 20 litres for 61 miles.
bros ah don't know oo its a 2002 toyota avalon XLS and its my first ride
Re: How Many Litres Of Fuel by mokset123: 5:25am On Feb 15, 2017
J0hnTrevolt:
bros ah don't know oo its a 2002 toyota avalon XLS
Check your car manual
Re: How Many Litres Of Fuel by salvo583: 9:08am On Feb 15, 2017
J0hnTrevolt:
Please nairalanders,
How many litres of fuel can I cover on a distance of 61 kilometers on a v6 engine without AC
Please state ur car make n model n how many litres u can cover with dat.
I use up about 12litres without AC so I want to know if its normal.
Tnx
Your car should do like 48 to 55miles on a free way without AC easily. But if you stay in a gridlock infested area your mpg isnt too bad.
Let the corolla users cuman tell us their mpg on 12litres.
Re: How Many Litres Of Fuel by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 15, 2017
Hh
Re: How Many Litres Of Fuel by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 15, 2017
J0hnTrevolt:
bros ah don't know oo its a 2002 toyota avalon XLS and its my first ride

If it's avalon... It's definitely read in miles... Your mpg not bad..
Re: How Many Litres Of Fuel by J0hnTrevolt(m): 5:47pm On Feb 15, 2017
Tnx guys. Please this is the dashboard of my vehicle. Kindly help me with the interpretations. Tnx alot
Cc: mokset123, hayjaycity, salvo583, Gazzuzz

Re: How Many Litres Of Fuel by mokset123: 5:53pm On Feb 15, 2017
J0hnTrevolt:
Tnx guys. Please this is the dashboard of my vehicle. Kindly help me with the interpretations. Tnx alot
Cc: mokset123, hayjaycity, salvo583, Gazzuzz
It's in miles, you can see it below the odometer reading. I will advise you go through your car manual. If you don't have one, Google it and you might get an online version of it.
Your mpg metre to the right gives you the average fuel consumption rate of your car.
Re: How Many Litres Of Fuel by J0hnTrevolt(m): 6:07pm On Feb 15, 2017
mokset123:

It's in miles, you can see it below the odometer reading. I will advise you go through your car manual.
Your mpg metre to the right gives you the average fuel consumption rate of your car.
tnx bro but d ride nor get manual. na toks but dem no include am. Please does it mean d cars mileage is 245,000 plus? how do I know the mileage iv driver? And wat of the other reading showing on d dash Board wat do they mean?
Sorry for too many questions na jjc I be for d motor
Re: How Many Litres Of Fuel by mokset123: 6:51pm On Feb 15, 2017
J0hnTrevolt:
tnx bro but d ride nor get manual. na toks but dem no include am. Please does it mean d cars mileage is 245,000 plus? how do I know the mileage iv driver? And wat of the other reading showing on d dash Board wat do they mean?

Like I said you can get an online version of your car manual. Just Google it.
245,000 is the mileage the car has covered to this day assuming they have never changed the engine of the car since its production in 2002
the other one to your extreme right on the dash board is your mpg (miles per gallon). It tells you how much miles you get per gallon of fuel ( remember a gallon of fuel is about 4 liters).
You can calculate your mpg by filling your tank with fuel to the brim (let's say full tank is 67litres) then you start counting from that moment the distance your car covers from full tank to just when the fuel enters reserve. Mpg=distance car covers / amount of fuel consumed.
You can repeat severally and take an average
Re: How Many Litres Of Fuel by mokset123: 6:59pm On Feb 15, 2017
J0hnTrevolt:

For mileage d driver has covered, you can either subtract the mileage from what it was at stationery position to what it is after covering a particular distance.
Better still there is a nob close to that reading which you can press, tor select a trip metre which you can zero from stationary position to when the car has covered some distance.
Re: How Many Litres Of Fuel by J0hnTrevolt(m): 7:17pm On Feb 15, 2017
Tnx mosket
Re: How Many Litres Of Fuel by Kjnwancaro: 8:22pm On Feb 15, 2017
J0hnTrevolt:
Tnx mosket

Why do you drive without Ac in luxury Avalon? Try to get used to it, won't affect your pocket much
Re: How Many Litres Of Fuel by sultaan(m): 8:29pm On Feb 15, 2017
245000 miles is high no used of telling what is going on with the car it's doing overtime already
Re: How Many Litres Of Fuel by mokset123: 4:23am On Feb 17, 2017
J0hnTrevolt:
Tnx mosket
Uwc

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! Need To Transport A Car Within Nigeria / . / Help Lexus Gx460 Dvd Player Not Showing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.