Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Governor Fayose Storms Finance Ministry Over Non Release Of Ekiti Allocation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Fayose Storms Finance Ministry Over Non Release Of Ekiti Allocation (583 Views)

Herdsmen Killings: Fayose Storms Ipao Ekiti With Security Men (Photos) / Fayose Visits Finance Ministry, Demands Payment F N1.1bn Allocation - The Punch / Fayose Storms Zenith Bank To Withdraw Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Governor Fayose Storms Finance Ministry Over Non Release Of Ekiti Allocation by Nnamdisblog(m): 7:29pm On Feb 15, 2017
Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose on Wednesday, February 15th stormed the Ministry of Finance over the non payment of the state's January budget support allocation of N1.1 billion.

This is even as former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode described the development as petty, vindictive and reprehensible.

Addressing the media shortly after storming the ministry, Gov Fayose explained that his coming there was a follow up of the alarm he raised on Tuesday, February 14th about non-payment of his monthly allocation and budget support.

"I believe I should do a follow up today (yesterday) to meet with the Minister of Finance for an update, but she actually called me on Tuesday that she just got back but going to look into it today (yesterday) and have it resolved as soon as possible.

"You will however appreciate that Ekiti civil servants are restive, having spent Christmas and there is no money in January, obviously there will be challenges.

"By the time I got here the Minister has already gone for the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting, but I met the Special Adviser, who assured me that the matter will be resolved when the Minister is back.

"What we are talking about is a part of the monthly allocation and the budget support which is about N1.1b that have not been paid.

"I believe this should be done immediately and I want to believe also that it was a mix up and not political but if it is political, they will have a lot of questions to answer why it should be so.

"If they want to fight Fayose, they should fight Fayose, not the civil servants of Ekiti, but I appreciate her promptness and promise to resolve the matter."

Explaining that Ekiti is the only state being owed January allocation, Fayose said, "It is only Ekiti that is involved and this is the second time, that explains why I was suspicious and have to act fast.

I got a text from the Central Bank of Nigeia (CBN) that the money has been paid and later I learnt that there is a withdrawal of that instruction that Ekiti was not included in the list out of the entire Federation.

"So, naturally I have to be and when it happened that it was just Ekiti State alone, I have to be suspicious. The Minister has given me her word, at her level as a minister, that is good enough.

"If the promise of the Minister to resolve this issue as quickly as possible is not adhered to, I will have to bring it back to the public domain. We are all in the court of the public opinion where the public is able to judge whether justice is served at all times.

Governance is beyond all of us but I want to believe that they will do it."

http://www.naijahelm.com/2017/02/governor-fayose-storms-finance-ministry.html?m=1

Re: Governor Fayose Storms Finance Ministry Over Non Release Of Ekiti Allocation by amnesty7: 7:30pm On Feb 15, 2017
With simple PR, a phone call would have sufficed. My thoughts.
Re: Governor Fayose Storms Finance Ministry Over Non Release Of Ekiti Allocation by madridguy(m): 7:30pm On Feb 15, 2017
grin
Re: Governor Fayose Storms Finance Ministry Over Non Release Of Ekiti Allocation by sarrki(m): 7:31pm On Feb 15, 2017
Jester Governor

Wailers here is your governor
Re: Governor Fayose Storms Finance Ministry Over Non Release Of Ekiti Allocation by Thewrath(m): 7:37pm On Feb 15, 2017
I see
Re: Governor Fayose Storms Finance Ministry Over Non Release Of Ekiti Allocation by tunderay(m): 7:38pm On Feb 15, 2017
We are been governed by jesters in this country, this Ekiti gorvenor is number one.
Re: Governor Fayose Storms Finance Ministry Over Non Release Of Ekiti Allocation by CoolFreeday(m): 7:45pm On Feb 15, 2017
This man sef.....
Re: Governor Fayose Storms Finance Ministry Over Non Release Of Ekiti Allocation by onnenka: 7:48pm On Feb 15, 2017
Yoruba Muslims will still support this brazen wickedness of Buhari. SMH
Re: Governor Fayose Storms Finance Ministry Over Non Release Of Ekiti Allocation by onnenka: 7:50pm On Feb 15, 2017
tunderay:
We are been governed by jesters in this country, this Ekiti gorvenor is number one.
Yoruba muslim, how does asking for his state's constitutional allocation make him a jester?
Re: Governor Fayose Storms Finance Ministry Over Non Release Of Ekiti Allocation by Jerryojozy(m): 7:53pm On Feb 15, 2017
Ministry of finance pay Ekiti o

Genius J
Re: Governor Fayose Storms Finance Ministry Over Non Release Of Ekiti Allocation by Mynd44: 7:54pm On Feb 15, 2017

(1)

Samsung Boss Picked Up Over Corruption Scandal / What Buhari Was Looking For In Sokoto Is Actually In His 'sokoto' = Dele Momodu / Soludo, Utomi, Others Visit Nnamdi Kanu In Prison (sun news)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.