Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Can I Design Mobile Apps Without Coding Knowledge? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can I Design Mobile Apps Without Coding Knowledge? (1734 Views)

How To Code A Blog App Without Coding Knowledge / How To Create Android Apps Without Coding / Design Worldclass Android,ios,apple And Kindle Apps Without Writing Any Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Design Mobile Apps Without Coding Knowledge? by mandy4s: 8:15pm On Feb 15, 2017
First of all I gotta say shout out to the Nairaland of the days when JarusHub and big guys contributed real things. I miss the forum that actually provided solutions to problems.

I have heard and visited a few websites that promise one can actually get an app up and running without knowledge of programming or with little skills. I want to ask the techies in the house how feasible this is?
Is it possible?
Will the apps perform optimally as those done by programmers and coders?
I am concerned because the concept is best in my head if you know what I mean, hence getting the picture to a coder or programmer is proving a stumbling block for me.
This idea is one HOT one and I need to get off the ground as it solves a major problem for users.
Re: Can I Design Mobile Apps Without Coding Knowledge? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 15, 2017
Can you build a house without using bricks

It's impossible to design apps without coding because the art of programming these apps IS coding itself!

Most of those websites are cheap bogus trifle shyte designed to give non-programmer rickety false hope and misinformation about the art of coding.

OP, coding is not diffcult or tedious (though it can be sha). It's very intresting and challenging intellectually.

Your idea is DOA
Re: Can I Design Mobile Apps Without Coding Knowledge? by mandy4s: 12:52am On Feb 16, 2017
SirWere:
Can you build a house without using bricks

It's impossible to design apps without coding because the art of programming these apps IS coding itself!

Most of those websites are cheap bogus trifle shyte designed to give non-programmer rickety false hope and misinformation about the art of coding.

OP, coding is not diffcult or tedious (though it can be sha). It's very intresting and challenging intellectually.

Your idea is DOA

I bet you have not heard of sites such as http://www.appcelerator.com/ or appery.io and many others out there. You have an internet enabled device so try and do some research before lashing out.

Btw, are you a coder or programmer?
Re: Can I Design Mobile Apps Without Coding Knowledge? by mandy4s: 12:55am On Feb 16, 2017
Even companies such as Samsung, ESPN, Toyota etc have use appery.io

I just needed some concrete input from a coder or programmer and if possible discuss my idea thats all.
Re: Can I Design Mobile Apps Without Coding Knowledge? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 16, 2017
mandy4s:

I bet you have not heard of sites such as http://www.appcelerator.com/ or appery.io and many others out there. You have an internet enabled device so try and do some research before lashing out.

Btw, are you a coder or programmer?
Dude, think about what you're saying. The frameworks of these apps themselves is built on code.
Code is the app and the App is code.

Their operation, troubleshooting ,debugging is all lines of codes.

If you open any app on an editor, you'll see uncountable lines of codes.

So I'm wondering how you'll build an app alone and unaided without doing any sort of coding; I'm curious really.
Re: Can I Design Mobile Apps Without Coding Knowledge? by 0luwatope(m): 10:04am On Feb 17, 2017
You don't need coding bro, just take codeine and youre going to see yourself build games like gta and asphalt using notepad++ and a compiler only.

1 Like

Re: Can I Design Mobile Apps Without Coding Knowledge? by 0luwatope(m): 10:10am On Feb 17, 2017
MR OP, lemme be clear with u, for that idea of yours to become a reality, ignore my joke above and start reasearching about what language to use and how to dig and get it done. Any software that says you can build without a line of code will flood your poorly built app with adverts!! Thats my advice sir. nod
Re: Can I Design Mobile Apps Without Coding Knowledge? by jidez007: 2:52pm On Feb 17, 2017
The days of JarusHub... Is JarusHub a programmer?
Re: Can I Design Mobile Apps Without Coding Knowledge? by jidez007: 3:18pm On Feb 17, 2017
From my experience, there is no shortcut that will yield to what you want. Even with those websites you posted above, you still have to use Html & JavaScript.

So, it's either you learn how to code or you hire a programmer.
Re: Can I Design Mobile Apps Without Coding Knowledge? by mandy4s: 12:30am On Feb 18, 2017
jidez007:
The days of JarusHub... Is JarusHub a programmer?
lols. No! What I mean is that those days Nairaland was populated by more meaningful people like him.
Re: Can I Design Mobile Apps Without Coding Knowledge? by mandy4s: 12:32am On Feb 18, 2017
jidez007:
From my experience, there is no shortcut that will yield to what you want. Even with those websites you posted above, you still have to use Html & JavaScript.

So, it's either you learn how to code or you hire a programmer.

So I guess I'll just get a programmer then right? Thats why I created this thread for ya'll to contribute. Btw, have you tried any of the websites at all?
Re: Can I Design Mobile Apps Without Coding Knowledge? by muyexzy: 7:45am On Feb 18, 2017
Design and program your own apps, step by steps guides using MIT's App inventor

http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu

App Inventor is a cloud-based tool, which means you can build apps right in your web browser. This website offers all the support you'll need to learn how to build your own apps.
Re: Can I Design Mobile Apps Without Coding Knowledge? by jidez007: 6:38pm On Feb 18, 2017
muyexzy:
Design and program your own apps, step by steps guides using MIT's App inventor

http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu

App Inventor is a cloud-based tool, which means you can build apps right in your web browser. This website offers all the support you'll need to learn how to build your own apps.
How do you build an Android app that will need to communicate with a server without writing any line of code?
Re: Can I Design Mobile Apps Without Coding Knowledge? by jidez007: 6:39pm On Feb 18, 2017
mandy4s:

So I guess I'll just get a programmer then right? Thats why I created this thread for ya'll to contribute. Btw, have you tried any of the websites at all?
Just took a glance, they are similar to the ones I'm already familiar with, like Phonegap and Ionic.
Re: Can I Design Mobile Apps Without Coding Knowledge? by mandy4s: 8:36pm On Feb 19, 2017
jidez007:

Just took a glance, they are similar to the ones I'm already familiar with, like Phonegap and Ionic.

I see. I just took a visit and noted that the phrase "web app" is recurring on both websites. Whereas my app is not going to be web app I guess because I am looking at an interactive app from mobile user to mobile user. Hope I know what am saying? undecided undecided
Re: Can I Design Mobile Apps Without Coding Knowledge? by mandy4s: 10:40pm On Feb 19, 2017
Okay so I thought I should ask you Jidez007, any idea on how the mobile banking apps of our different banks are made and is it feasible for an independent coder to achieve that? My idea kinda runs in that line of business.
Re: Can I Design Mobile Apps Without Coding Knowledge? by jidez007: 11:13pm On Feb 19, 2017
@mandy4s Usually one develops apps differently for each platform, eg development environment for Android is different from IOS and Windows. Apps done this way are called native apps.

The concept around those kind of websites is that you only need to write a web app with Html and JavaScript once and you can deploy everywhere (Android, Windows, IOS). They are called hybrid apps.

The differences between native and hybrid apps are getting slimmer each day. So if you are only targeting Android users I will suggest you hire an Android developer but if you want to target most mobile platforms, it will be cheaper to hire someone that can build hybrid apps.

(1) (Reply)

Looking For A Full-stack Developer / Anybody Here Using Kivy? / How Do I Design A Computerised Stock (inventory) Card?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.