Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Dinner For Two - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dinner For Two (23411 Views)

Dinner For Two FINALE(18+) / Dinner For TWO Part 4 (18+) / Dinner For Two (18+) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dinner For Two by TMDavidWest(f): 8:09pm On Mar 03, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:
wow this is so sweet....its just like it happens in movies smiley

oh and pretty ma'am TMDavidWest i just stole some funny romantic words from this last update....hope u dont mind

Go right ahead, Samyfresh. But be sure to use it "rightly" *wink*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dinner For Two by Maryclaire1(f): 8:47pm On Mar 03, 2017
I couldn't wait up for your updates anymore and I thought to myself you should have this lovely piece on your page.I was not disappointed when I logged in I was so elated that I started reading at ones...it was so very on point not too long I had dis grin all through while reading it..it's a good read for me..the characters i so love...you got me hooked to your books ma'am..you are an amazing writer I must say..more wisdom to you... kiss kiss kiss
Re: Dinner For Two by Lankyannie(f): 12:04pm On Mar 04, 2017
TMDavidwest,y iz it dt i cnt access life and spices wid ma fone(small fone)Abeg 5nd a solution 2dat cus i rili wonna read ur book nd try 2do d nidful here cus man pikin blood dn reach 100degree.
Re: Dinner For Two by Chumzypinky(f): 6:58pm On Mar 04, 2017
Lankyannie:
TMDavidwest,y iz it dt i cnt access life and spices wid ma fone(small fone)Abeg 5nd a solution 2dat cus i rili wonna read ur book nd try 2do d nidful here cus man pikin blood dn reach 100degree.
no b small
Re: Dinner For Two by Lankyannie(f): 9:19pm On Mar 04, 2017
Chumzypinky:
no b small
Mummy pinky,ur gal nyansh dy 4ground,AM LOYAL MA.
Re: Dinner For Two by OlufemiWhit(m): 10:02pm On Mar 04, 2017
Hope say dis story neva end ooo.....
Re: Dinner For Two by Chumzypinky(f): 10:04pm On Mar 04, 2017
Lankyannie:
Mummy pinky,ur gal nyansh dy 4ground,AM LOYAL MA.
*Lies down flat on d floor not minding big tummy and dust* Madam, tuale for u! Ur gal is loyal oo
Re: Dinner For Two by TMDavidWest(f): 10:16pm On Mar 04, 2017
Lankyannie:

Lol. I will do my best. No power where I am, else I would have updated. I don't work with mobile devices which I'm using to reply.
Be patient, okay?
Cheers
Re: Dinner For Two by TMDavidWest(f): 10:17pm On Mar 04, 2017
OlufemiWhit:
Hope say dis story neva end ooo.....

No, e never end. I go finish am. Make PHED refurbish me light first. Be patient, oh.

1 Like

Re: Dinner For Two by TMDavidWest(f): 10:19pm On Mar 04, 2017
Maryclaire1:
I couldn't wait up for your updates anymore and I thought to myself you should have this lovely piece on your page.I was not disappointed when I logged in I was so elated that I started reading at ones...it was so very on point not too long I had dis grin all through while reading it..it's a good read for me..the characters i so love...you got me hooked to your books ma'am..you are an amazing writer I must say..more wisdom to you... kiss kiss kiss

Thank you so much, Maryclaire1. At last, someone from here who rightly accessed my blog... *phew*. Lol.

Thanks for the praise, dear lady. God bless you plenty

1 Like

Re: Dinner For Two by TMDavidWest(f): 12:38pm On Mar 05, 2017
CHAPTER SIX

“Is that right?” Kome let out a soft laugh as her toes curled at the effect of his voice crooning into her ear. He was telling her that he was thinking about her. “Guess what?” She whispered, tracing those curled toes along her sofa. “I am thinking about you too.”

“Oh my, you make me want to turn Declan into dust just to get rid of him.” He murmured with a wishful sigh. “I want to be with you. That is greedy since we were just together last night—but I can’t help it. You make me greedy for your company, Kome Douglas.”

“I am greedier, for I want more than just your company.” A derisive snort came from the seat next to the sofa but Kome ignored Linda. “Come over later.” She invited impulsively. “I’ll get rid of Linda and make us dinner. How does sweet potatoes fries and chicken gravy sauce sound to you?”

“My mouth is watering.” He said with a soft moan that made her smile. “Seven all right?”

“Seven perfect. See you then, Theodore.” She blew a kiss into the mouthpiece and waited a breath before setting down the phone. “Gosh, he makes me go mush by just hearing his voice.”

“Please tell me you’re not serious about that guy, Kome.” Linda turned on the plush armchair to rest eyes filled with distaste at her.

“About Theodore?” Kome chuckled, still feeling all soppy from having just spoken with him. “Oh, I am very serious about him. And he is quite serious about me, that I can assure you.”

“You don’t need to assure me about that, I can tell.” Linda’s mouth twisted into a cynical line. “In case you are too mawkish-brained to see what is clear as light, that man is only with you because of who you are. As a matter of fact, that is why he is so serious about you. You’re an investment to him. A long-term investment he surely plans to cash in.”

“Good God, Linda, you can be so cynical!” Kome made a tsk and rose from the sofa to pick the plate of cookies. They needed more. “It is actually sad how you judge people like they are only mindless money-grubbing beings. Because you know what? People are generally not like that. No doubt there are people who value money more than relationships and the persons in their lives, but not everyone is like that.”

“And I am guessing you think this… this—”

“Careful, Linda, I won’t tolerate you insulting Theodore in any way at all.” Kome warned in her most quiet tone. It was her zero-tolerance tone. “You will use his name when you wish to refer to him, or don’t refer to him at all.”

“Good heavens! Kome, you are so hyper over this man.” Linda let out a hiss, dumped the empty bottle of wine in the bin and marched over to the refrigerator to grab another. “Christ, Kome! This is not the type of man you should be hanging out with. Notice how the gossip blogs went gaga over catching a glimpse of you two at the movie premier last week? That is the kind of thing a man like him wants—cheap publicity from dating a millionaire’s daughter. Kome, get it real. This man is only with you because of who you are, nothing more.”

“Theodore’s least interest is my money. He doesn’t care how much of it I have, where they are invested, or how much interests every investment yields.” Kome strolled back into the living room and back to her sofa. “He even told me he believed in the almighty pre-nup.”

“He’s already talking pre-nups? See where he’s headed, Kome? Not interested in your money my ass!” Linda muttered something under her breath, snapped off the cork of the bottle of wine and started filling her glass. “He doesn’t believe in any goddamn pre-nup—how could he? That idea barely exists in Nigeria. He’s just buttering you up, Kome. Sweet-talking you until he can lay his hands on your millions and starts syphoning every single penny.”

“No, he is not, Linda.” Kome disagreed. “Only lazy men go after a woman for her money, and Theodore is the most hardworking man I ever met. He has dreams, ambitions, and he is not waiting on anyone’s wealth, in any form whatsoever, to make them come true. He is independent, self-sufficient and he is a man with a great deal of self-respect. And in case in all the years we have known each other you did not realise this, let me clarify this for you—I am not some kind of dim-witted woman who would not know when a man is with her for her or for her money. I am not the kind to be taken advantage of, or the kind to be easily fleeced.”

“And you think the women who have been fleeced, as you put it, did not think that they were too intelligent to be swindled?” Linda scoffed. “Please Kome, realise that these guys are smooth players. They are pros in this kind of game—”

“And I am telling you, Theodore isn’t that kind of man.” Kome snapped, getting irritated. “And you know what else, Linda? I believe in what is mine being my husband’s. When I am married I will want to share all of me—all of me—with my husband, and that includes whatever money I have. Just as I would expect him to share whatever he has with me, so I expect it of myself to share all of my possessions with him. That is the kind of love I believe in. That is the kind of marriage I envision for myself.”

“Then I’m sorry for you, for this man is going to reap where he did not sow and you won’t realise what an awful mistake you’re making until it is too late and he has left you penniless.”

Kome stared at her. And then let out a deep belly laugh. “Oh my God, Linda you’re such a cynic and with no faith at all in the good that can be found in others. Linda, Theodore is the sweetest man there is, so thoughtful, so kind—he is always surprising me with gifts. Like every single morning, there’s always a surprise package from him, no matter how little. And when I give something back to him, he never stops protesting and is always embarrassed. He seriously goes red-cheeked when I give him presents. He believes in a man taking care of his woman.”

“Like I said, they’re pros in this kind of game, Kome. The only kind of rich girl marries poor boy and it’s for real love I believe in are the ones that happen in the sentimental pages of romance novels.” Linda picked a cookie, tossed it in her mouth and stretched back into the armchair.

“Anyway, I can’t for the life of me understand why you would choose a man with serious weight issues to be with at all. I mean, these guys are usually weak in bed. They are known to have like microscopic winkies and no stamina at all. I can’t tolerate a man who won’t give me real satisfaction, uh-uh.”

Kome laughed. “Well, Theodore does give me satisfaction. And no, we haven’t had intimacy yet.” She added at Linda’s quick glance. “Theodore is a devout Christian and he believes in waiting intimacy till the wedding night.”

“Oh-oh, that is a sure sign of a man who can’t deliver.” Linda snorted. “Girl, na one-chance you enter so. If his lack of money and no class don’t have you picking your running shoes, let this I-am-born-again crappy excuse send you to your heels oh.”

“Nothing is sending me to my heels about Theodore, Linda. I’ve been waiting for a man like him a long long time and now I’ve found him, I’m only waiting for the final deal.” Kome sent her a wink and then laughed at her hiss. “You need to seriously loosen up, girlfriend. There are good men out there and they don’t all wear Hugo Boss.”

“Then they are not good enough.” Linda retorted tartly.

My sincere apologies for late entries. It's PHED that is the causer wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dinner For Two by oluwaseun15(f): 4:29pm On Mar 05, 2017
Wow,nice story,more grace and inspiration
Re: Dinner For Two by Missmossy(f): 5:24pm On Mar 05, 2017
Keep it coming, beautiful story.
Re: Dinner For Two by TMDavidWest(f): 7:07pm On Mar 05, 2017
oluwaseun15:
Wow,nice story,more grace and inspiration

Amen and thank you

1 Like

Re: Dinner For Two by TMDavidWest(f): 7:07pm On Mar 05, 2017
Missmossy:
Keep it coming, beautiful story.

Thanks
Re: Dinner For Two by Cameoluv(f): 8:11pm On Mar 05, 2017
Superb
Re: Dinner For Two by Vhicthorade(m): 8:48pm On Mar 05, 2017
I just read the mercenary wife and am so wowed. That was just out of this world. Bae, you are the real deal. Keep up the good work
Re: Dinner For Two by Lankyannie(f): 8:57pm On Mar 05, 2017
Chumzypinky:

*Lies down flat on d floor not minding big tummy and dust* Madam, tuale for u! Ur gal is loyal oo
Abeg no do dt lyn dwn oooooo cus na ma leaders of 2mr u kari so.op ma twinnies ar kickn very 5n.
Re: Dinner For Two by Lankyannie(f): 9:00pm On Mar 05, 2017
TMDavidWest:

Lol. I will do my best. No power where I am, else I would have updated. I don't work with mobile devices which I'm using to reply.
Be patient, okay?
Cheers
Ok ma'am.buh try nd do smtin bout dt site thingy cus i rili wonna read mercenary wife.
Re: Dinner For Two by Lankyannie(f): 9:04pm On Mar 05, 2017
TMDavidWest:

Be patient, okay?
Cheers
Ok ma'am buh try nd do smtin bout dt site thingy cus i rili wonna read mercenary wife.hw much can sm1 pay 4ur e-books?
Re: Dinner For Two by TMDavidWest(f): 11:50pm On Mar 05, 2017
Lankyannie:
Ok ma'am buh try nd do smtin bout dt site thingy cus i rili wonna read mercenary wife.hw much can sm1 pay 4ur e-books?

The price differs. Do send me a mail, so I can give a price list: tmdavidwest@gmail.com.
Re: Dinner For Two by TMDavidWest(f): 7:58am On Mar 06, 2017

“I can’t believe that woman is still keeping you around.” Declan said as Theodore slipped his phone back into his pocket. “I thought she’d be done with you by now, but it’s been two months—man, you must be giving her some good sexual healing.”

Theodore tossed him a severe look. “We have not had sex. Our relationship is more meaningful than that.”

“She’s not been in your bed all this time?” Declan let out a low whistle. “Oh God, I knew it. She’s not serious about you. She probably doesn’t even believe you two are in a relationship.”

“We are in a relationship and we both know it.”

“Dude, I don’t mean to burst the bubble you are swimming in, but if our millionaire lady hasn’t been in your bed, then she probably just considers you,” Declan lifted his hands and crooked his thumbs, “just a friend. And frankly, pal, that might not be such a bad deal because it’s way better than having her use you for just get-off services.”

“Could you stop talking about her like that?” Theodore demanded, annoyed and hating that they were discussing Kome at all. “She is not that kind of woman—I mean, not the easy-to-lay kind. She’s a lady, and an open-hearted, sensitive one at that. If we are not having sex, it’s because we prefer to wait. And contrary to general crude belief, sex isn’t the defining factor in a relationship.”

“Chill, man, I’m not trying to talk down on Kome. Jeez, I know her too. I know she is friendly, nice and a thousand times less uptight than most of these rich heiresses.” Declan exhaled and shook his head. “I just don’t think she feels the same about you as you do her, Theo. For heaven’s sake, she is C.A. Douglas’s daughter and she runs one of his companies! You think they are going to welcome you arms wide-open into their home?”

“Actually, I have met C.A. Douglas and he was courteous, friendly and with no airs at all. And his wife, Kome’s step-mum? She was all gentility, friendliness and made me feel totally welcome in their home. So, I daresay that I have been welcomed arms wide-open to their home already.”

“And on this fine occasion, did Kome introduce you as her man? Did she say, ‘daddy, meet my boyfriend, Theodore Malik. He’s just the Financial Comptroller at Loanan’?”

She hadn’t said that. She’d introduced him as a ‘special friend’. “Why are you so against my relationship with Kome, Declan?” Theodore queried instead, avoiding the nibble of worry that had ticked off. “What do you have against her?”

“Absolutely nothing. I, in fact, like her. Like I said, she is nice and not all class-uptight.” Declan sighed. “Look, man, I am only worried about you. You have fallen big time for this lady and—” he let out another sigh and lifted his shoulders. “It can’t end well for you, Theo. The wealthy and middle class don’t mix very well. You’re going to end up hurt and hurt in a big bad way.”

“I love her, Declan.” Theodore said quietly. And wished his heart flutter so with worry.

“That is why I know this isn’t going to end well for you, man.” Declan said, his worry plain on his face. “Just let her go. Put her out of your mind, forget her.”

“I can’t. I don’t want to.” Theodore thought of her and the love in his heart almost overwhelmed him. “I want to propose to her. I already have the ring.”

“Oh, dear Lord, please don’t do that.” Declan looked thoroughly horrified. “She would say no and that would totally destroy you.”

“What if she says yes?” Theodore wanted to believe she would—he did believe it. At least, his heart did. “She might. I feel like she’s in love with me too.”

“Has she said that to you—that she’s in love with you?”

No, she hasn’t. Neither of them has used the big L word yet.

“Your silence tells me she hasn’t.” Declan said quietly. “Listen to me, Theo, I know you love this woman but I don’t think your feelings are reciprocated. Maybe she’s sweet on you, you know, feels some kind of attraction and probably likes you. But that is it and that won’t be enough to ever say yes to any marriage proposal from you. You and her are worlds apart, man, and no matter how nice she is and how friendly and genteel are parents are, that’d be playing in their minds when marriage is mentioned. That, for people like that, is a deal breaker.”

Theodore said nothing, just stared at the near mute television screen, his attention not at all on the news relay going on on the CNN channel.

When he saw her later that evening for their dinner date at her home, when she slipped into his arms and offered him a welcome kiss, he told himself he shouldn’t be worrying.

Follow our Facebook page. Browse through and follow the new Mystery Fiction that just kicked off today:

https://www.facebook.com/TMDAVIDWESTFICTIONS/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dinner For Two by ChizzyMaris(f): 8:57am On Mar 06, 2017
Wow, see love.
Re: Dinner For Two by Lankyannie(f): 12:37pm On Mar 06, 2017
TMDavidWest:

The price differs. Do send me a mail, so I can give a price list: tmdavidwest@gmail.com.
Wil do dt wneva am able 2access ma mailbox.
Re: Dinner For Two by Lankyannie(f): 12:49pm On Mar 06, 2017
Dz is how 2hearts lyk simi nd falz wil be madly inlove wid each oda nd ppl lyk dz declan nd d hugo boss gal wil be puttn sand in dia well soaked ajebo garri out of jealousy or wt so ever.i av a feeln dt d 2love birds ar goin 2quit on dia love cus of dz nanscence buh i trust ma kome shaaaa,she wil nva allow theodore 2feel lyk a servant or av inferiority complex.am so lovn dz ma kome lady.TMdavidwest,op d phcn yaff gvn u pulenty lyt cus we rili nid more.kip it kumin ma nd more data/wi-fi 2ya modem nd lappy.

1 Like

Re: Dinner For Two by TMDavidWest(f): 1:30pm On Mar 06, 2017
Lankyannie:
Dz is how 2hearts lyk simi nd falz wil be madly inlove wid each oda nd ppl lyk dz declan nd d hugo boss gal wil be puttn sand in dia well soaked ajebo garri out of jealousy or wt so ever.i av a feeln dt d 2love birds ar goin 2quit on dia love cus of dz nanscence buh i trust ma kome shaaaa,she wil nva allow theodore 2feel lyk a servant or av inferiority complex.am so lovn dz ma kome lady.TMdavidwest,op d phcn yaff gvn u pulenty lyt cus we rili nid more.kip it kumin ma nd more data/wi-fi 2ya modem nd lappy.

hahahahahahaha... you killed me with the Simi and Falz comparison... shuo! Who told you those two are "madly in love"? Lmao

PHED has come back o... let them not misbehave again sha.
Re: Dinner For Two by Lankyannie(f): 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2017
TMDavidWest:

hahahahahahaha... you killed me with the Simi and Falz comparison... shuo! Who told you those two are "madly in love"? Lmao

PHED has come back o... let them not misbehave again sha.
They are oooo,more dn mad sf.if nt 4dz bad belle adenkunle gold nd ycee dt are deceivn simi upandan,d chemistry 4dn mature since nah.we d simfalz fans rili wanto see dm dating officially.thank God 4dt,we wil be xpectn more updates 2day ryt?
Re: Dinner For Two by TMDavidWest(f): 8:58pm On Mar 06, 2017
CHAPTER SEVEN

He was in love with her. He’d known that a long time. And he’d been dying to tell her for just as long. But he couldn’t just say it. It just won’t come out of his mouth. He opened his mouth to say it and then something else stumbled out. It was maddening—and shameful. A grown ass man can’t tell the woman he loved he was in love with her. Shame!

Now he wanted to propose to her too.

Theodore sighed and felt the ring box he had in his pocket. God, how was he going to say it—ask her? He started stuttering anytime he thought of it, how were the right words supposed to leave his lips? What were the perfect words to ask the woman you loved to share the rest of your life with you?

He lifted his tablet off the cushy sofa and opened the Google webpage. His fingers moving rapidly across the onscreen keypad, he entered his query—top 10 ways to propose to a woman? A string of responses dropped down and he punched open the first one.

Be yourself. Was the first recommendation. Theodore shook his head. That’s not going to work. Not when he was likely to trip over his tongue. He scrolled to the next recommendation—Candle lit dinner. Now this one had possibilities. She loved romantic ambiances. She loved candles glowing and lighting up the dark. Maybe out on her patio. A special bottle of wine. But that was too regular. They’d done it a couple of times now; it was fresh every new time, but still…

He shook his head and went for the third recommendation. Place where you first met. The Union Marble House? Heck no! That’d be so… ordinary. So unromantic. So lacklustre. So… public. She wouldn’t like that. She was the private-moments type. She’d want to be alone with her man and have them gazing into each other’s eyes, holding hands and then hear him ask her.

So why doesn’t he do that? Right here and now?

“Sorry. I got cornered by a call from mum.” She strolled in from the kitchen, carting a tray of drinks. “She needs my help with something, so I’ll have to cut short our time together.” She pulled a face and then grinned. “But we have the movie date, so I’m not so put out.” She set his drink on the coffee table beside him and reached for his tablet. “Anything trending online?”

Theodore snatched back the tablet, fought down the quick flush and tried a blasé smile. “Oh, just the regular.” He set the phone to his left and picked his drink, gulped instead of sip.

“Really?” Her eyes were narrowed and she was eyeing him with a studying look. “Theodore, are you hiding your tablet from me?”

“Hmm?” He set down the glass and aimed a big smile. “Hiding my tablet? No. It’s here.” He gave the device a pat. “So your step-mum wants to see you now?”

“What’s on the tablet, Theodore?”

He stared at her unblinking eyes and felt his tongue roll to the roof of his mouth. “What’s… on it? Like information?”

Kome held out her hand. “Give me the tablet, Theodore.”

“Give you… my tablet?” His hand covered around its edge and his heart began to thud. “Like right now?”

“Right this very minute.”

“Um…” Heck no! That wasn’t going to happen. The wonders list page was still open. “Why?”

“Why?” She dropped her hand and angled her head. Her eyes went even narrower. “Are you hiding something from me, Theodore?”

“Hiding something—like on the tablet?” He shook his head. “Nope. Are you hiding something from me, Kome?” Okay, that was a stupid question.

Her lips puckered forward and then shifted slowly to the side. “Is there something you should be telling me, Theodore?”

Oh God! Women, even when they were not your mother, had the same mother-power to pin you down and demand you confess to them.

Theodore was sure the dampness he could feel on his forehead was sweat, and it felt heated. “I got nothing to say.” He blurted out.

“Mmm-hmm.” Her lips even rucked together the more.

God, where did they learn to do that puckering thing with their lips? His sisters were masters in the art of lips-puckering, and it never failed to unnerve him.

“You’re not doubting me, are you, Kome?” Didn’t someone say attack was the best defence?

“Doubt you? No.” She gave her head a definite shake. “Know you’re up to something? Yes. Wondering what that something is? Yes. Plan to find out before this day is over? Mega yes.”

“I love you.” He blanched immediately he heard his own words. “Oh dear Lord…”

But she cut him off with her loud shriek. “What!” Then she flung her arms about him. “You finally said it.” She pulled back, kissed him on his mouth, and flung herself back against him, wrapping her arms about him. “I’ve been waiting—since forever.” she giggled and squeezed tighter the hands around his neck. “I told Ted if you didn’t say something soon, I was going to beat it out of you. Told him that just last night. He gave me his straight-eyed look and I knew he wasn’t rooting for me. He’s decided he’s on your side.” She giggled again and hugged him even tighter.

“Ah…” Theodore slowly brought his hands up and very slowly circled them around her. “I am guessing you are not objectionable to my being in love with you? Like head over heels, mindlessly, crazily in love with you?”

Kome inched back. Slid up her hands and framed his face. She was beaming. “Objectionable? Heck no! You are my soul-mate, Theodore, and I love you. I loved you even before I really knew you. How crazy is that?”

“Perfect crazy.” Theodore kissed her. “I love you with all my heart. So much it scares me.”

“Nothing to be scared of. You and me, we belong together.” She kissed him again.

Ask her. His heart whispered the thought. His head echoed it. His tongue rolled to the roof of his mouth and camped there.

And her phone rang.

“Oh, that must be mum. I told her I’d be on my way soon. She’s just making sure since she knows you’re here.” Kome chuckled and slid out the phone from the square pocket of her check dress. “Yeah, mum, I’m leaving him and coming to you.” She laughed and winked at Theodore.

“I’ve got super-hot news for you. Mmm-Hmm.” She nodded at something her step-mum said and grinned. “See ya in a bit.” She set down the phone, gave him a quick kiss and a quick hug. “I got to run off. Mum’s impatient. Tonight. Tonight we will stay in each other’s arms and savour this moment.”

“Tonight.” He promised, rose with her. “You’re the best thing that ever happened to me.”

“You’re the best thing that happens to me every day.” She whispered and then kissed him again and pulled him towards the door. “Let’s save some sweetness for tonight.”

Had to cancel my reply to lankyannie's comment to enter this update instead. Something is wrong with NL's Reply button from my own end. Okay... hope this uploads

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dinner For Two by TMDavidWest(f): 8:10am On Mar 07, 2017
Lankyannie:
They are oooo,more dn mad sf.if nt 4dz bad belle adenkunle gold nd ycee dt are deceivn simi upandan,d chemistry 4dn mature since nah.we d simfalz fans rili wanto see dm dating officially.thank God 4dt,we wil be xpectn more updates 2day ryt?

I replied your comment yesterday. Then had to modify it so as to use the space to make the update. For some reason, the "Reply" button isn't working on NL from my browsers. All right... enjoy today's episode. Cheers
Re: Dinner For Two by Lankyannie(f): 9:46am On Mar 07, 2017
TMDavidWest:

I replied your comment yesterday. Then had to modify it so as to use the space to make the update. For some reason, the "Reply" button isn't working on NL from my browsers. All right... enjoy today's episode. Cheers
Dahz nairaland 4u.tnx 4gvn us update dz mawnin,prayn we gt anoda 1 b4 2day ends.Cc:hadampson,jagugu88li,harmeede99,sammyfresh,angelinestto,hormobolanle,olufemiwhit,chumzypinky,prettyhurt anoda romantic episode dn kum oooo.abeg mkuna kari una boos nd baes kum cus dz is dinner for two.
Re: Dinner For Two by Nobody: 2:46am On Mar 08, 2017
TMDavidWest:
CHAPTER SEVEN

He was in love with her. He’d known that a long time. And he’d been dying to tell her for just as long. But he couldn’t just say it. It just won’t come out of his mouth. He opened his mouth to say it and then something else stumbled out. It was maddening—and shameful. A grown ass man can’t tell the woman he loved he was in love with her. Shame!

This line got me... Wondering
Been in that situation until it was too latesad
Re: Dinner For Two by TMDavidWest(f): 9:03am On Mar 08, 2017

“I’m going to ask her tonight. I can’t wait another day. She loves me.” Theodore bubbled with uncontainable excitement beside Declan as he waited for his pizza. “Can you believe that? Kome Douglas is in love with me. My God!”

“I am still staggered that she said those words to you.” Declan took the pizza pack and stepped away from the line. “I can’t believe such things happen. I take back every thing I ever said to you and just roll back my tongue in my mouth. She’s the real deal. Like the major real deal. Happy for you, man.”

Theodore grinned at the back pat. “I am more than happy for me. Exhilarated for me.” He chuckled and almost stopped to do a spot-dance where he was but checked himself. “I don’t know how to ask her though. She said we’d cuddle together and savour the moment. It’s not even yet three months since we started dating, maybe she’d think it is too soon if I proposed tonight.”

“Too soon? Uh-uh, I don’t think so.” Declan shook his head and aimed his hand to unlock his car. “She said she’d been waiting forever for you to tell her you loved her, right? Well, I can bet my last penny, she’s been waiting just as long for you to pop the question.”

“You think?” Theodore stared at him over the room of the car.

“Hey? It’s Theodore, right?”

Theodore swung his head around and swallowed a sigh at the sight of Linda, Kome’s girlfriend. They’ve met thrice now and each time, she was always the mega snob who liked to pretend she forgets his name.

“Hello, Linda.” He turned fully and gave her a friendly enough smile. She was Kome’s friend.

“Hi.” She flicked a glance at Declan and when the other said nothing to her, returned her gaze on him with a snotty flip of her hair. “Getting pizza?” She asked, her tone patronizing. “Shouldn’t that be off your menu list?”

“I put it back on when a certain amazing woman told me I shouldn’t be worrying about my weight.” Theodore returned with a genial smile.

A chuckle came from Declan.

Linda tightened her lips. “That woman would be Kome, right. Think she’s really serious about you, Theodore?”

“I don’t think, I know.”

She snorted out a laugh. “Please, don’t be delusional. Your type could never match a woman like Kome Douglas. She is way, way above your class.”

“I don’t have a type, Linda.” Theodore consciously loosened the knots of irritation and held on to his smile. “And Kome is not above me. We belong to different social classes, yes, but she is not above me. I consider her too good for me though. I’ve never known a more selfless, generous and loving woman in my life.”

“Touching words. I almost want to believe them.” Linda scoffed. “Your plans won’t work. Trust me. C.A. Douglas will see through them and he’ll never hand his daughter over to a…” her tone, and eyes, turned condescending, “man like you.”

His stomach walls clenched, as did his fists. But Theodore maintained the cool smile. “I think you judge people by your own standards, Linda, and that is so wrong. Still, we will have to wait and see how the future pans out.”

“I see you don’t deny your plan is to marry Kome.” She taunted.

“Of course he doesn’t deny it.” Declan spoke from behind him. “He loves Kome and she loves him right back.”

Linda swung her eyes to him, and they flashed with annoyance. “And wouldn’t this be a case of birds of a feather?” She sneered.

“No, Theodore is a better man than I am. A man who deserves Kome. A man who was prepared to take a chance no matter what the odds were.” Declan’s voice was quiet, with respect and affection. “Me, on the other hand, usually believed everyone should stay in their place.”

“Then you wouldn’t be wrong, Mr…?” Linda arched her eyebrows.

“Declan.” Declan supplied. “But no, I’ve decided that I was wrong. And it is all thanks to your friend, Kome. She’s made me see that in matters of love, and maybe in other things, a man and a woman are just people, no difference, no class, nothing separates them, not if they love one another. And Theodore and Kome do that—they love each other.”

“Love?” Linda let out a derisive laugh. “You guys are pros, aren’t you? Pros at charming rich women, getting them hoodwinked and swindling them, right?”

“Met those types, haven’t you?” Something in Declan’s voice shot up Theodore’s eyebrows as he silently listened to the exchange. “What did they do? Broke your heart?”

“My heart?” Linda let out a hiss. “Like I’d allow anyone beneath me a mile close to me.” She flung back her hair and stepped back. “I am only sorry for Kome. She’s so gullible. Pity.”

And with that she strutted off. Her heels clinking on the concrete ground as she marched, nose in the air, towards the Pizzeria’s entrance.

“See that type?” Declan asked, his eyes still turned in her direction even after she’d disappeared inside. “That type is the reason I was bent on warning you off Kome.”

“Aha.” Theodore watched him with studying eyes. “You thought her beautiful, didn’t you?”

“Thought her beautiful?” Declan scoffed, pulled open his car door and dived inside. “Please. She is so not my type. Not my type.”

“Okay.” Theodore acquiesced and shut his own door. But he knew that look in Declan’s eyes.

He was impatient to see her, and so he went early to pick her up for their movie date.

She was outside her gates, seeing off Alex Osaki-Daniel. Something kicked against his stomach walls, it wasn’t jealousy, Theodore knew that. He trusted Kome too much to be jealous—or even more truthfully, he sort of understood her relationship with Alex Osaki-Daniel well enough to not get a jealous rising from seeing her with him.

The kick against his stomach walls wasn’t jealousy. It was due to a sudden reminder of what Linda had said. Will C.A. Douglas really welcome a man like him for husband for his daughter when men like Alex Osaki-Daniel were available?

And wasn’t a man like Alex better for her?

“Hey, Theodore.” She turned from the disappearing taillights and aimed an alluring smile at him. “You rightly timed me. I just got back minutes ago. Mum and I spent longer time together.”

Theodore wished her smile didn’t always want to make him sweep her into his arms. “Looks like Alex rightly timed you too.” Oh God, why did those stupid words tumble out of his mouth?

“Hmm?” She cast a glance at the street and then back at him. “Oh, he was lucky to have me driving in just as he was about to drive out.”

“Lucky him.” There was no need for the gnawing pain at the pit of his stomach, Theodore told himself. Yet he couldn’t erase it, or the heaviness that suddenly loomed over him.

Kome hung her head and looked at him with somewhat narrowed eyes. “Yeah, lucky him. He needed to some info on the project DAC is handling for his family’s company. Not beginning to have a problem with me being friends with Alex, are you, Theodore?”

“No.” Theodore felt ashamed of his behaviour. But that didn’t eliminate the fear that had been lingering and that had now taken root. “I don’t have a problem with you having any kind of friends, I guess I was just—” he broke off and stepped back. “He is more like the type who should be with you, isn’t he?”

“Is he?” Kome frowned. “What do you mean by that, Theodore?”

“Nothing.” God, what is wrong with you, Theodore? “Just that he’d be better for you, wouldn’t he? He’s a millionaire, you’re a millionaire…” he shrugged. “You both have same background. No class difference.”

“No class difference? Are you suffering from some kind of belated self-esteem issues, Theodore?” Her narrowed eyes turned puzzled.

“I—” He was being stupid. Crazy. Yet the nag that she deserved better lingered. If he loved her he’d want better—the best for her. “I should go. I’m sorry.”

“No, you stop right there, Theodore Malik!” Kome ordered, her tone annoyed. “You get back here and you tell me what the heck is the matter with you!”

Theodore turned, looked at her standing, hands on her hips, eyes blazing under the night lights and his heart swamped with love for her.

We have eBooks in the store like: WAITING FOR LOVE . KISS BY MOONLIGHT and MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Tutorial / Masquerades Of The Nulin Nations (18+) / Love Is Not For Suckers (Adult Content 18+ ) By Ade Spades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.