Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? (12696 Views)

Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend / Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend / ”How To Identify A Yoruba Demon” Church Program By Harvesters International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by anonimi: 4:00pm On Feb 19, 2017
Iamdmentor1:
Too many people are misled. The main thing is to have a personal relationship with God and the Holy spirit.

..........which is exactly what Jesus Christ (Prophet Isa to the Muslims) said in John 4:

19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. 20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. 21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

From: http://www.christianity.com/bible/bible.php?q=john+4&ver=kjv

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4138528_fbimg1471362711749_jpeg32428b294a57b4debde63e3fd7301227

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Incrizz(f): 4:07pm On Feb 19, 2017
tens4real
RUUUUUUNNNN for your life!!!!
You CANNOT tell a fake man of God from a real one without The Holy Spirit and The Living Word dwelling in you.

The world cannot receive The Holy Spirit because they don't know Him and also hate Him.

You need to be born again dearie.
God is very interested in you, I'm so sure about it.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by God2man(m): 4:10pm On Feb 19, 2017
By the fruits of the spirit like gentleness, meekness, Iongsuffering and kindness.

In short, No humility, no man of God.
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Austin234(m): 4:16pm On Feb 19, 2017
The Bible said, 'By their fruit we shall know them'. Check out his lifestyle. Does he manifest the fruit of the Holy Spirit according to Gal.5 vs 22 - 23. Check his lifestyle with the standard of the word of God. In short, my general advise is that it is dagerous to meddle with them if u are not grounded in the of God. Thanks
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by tens4real(m): 4:17pm On Feb 19, 2017
Spartacuss:
When you know you are not ready to believe him, why go in the first place? Now you are confused.

I only went there because I was invited by a friend it was during the course of the service that he began to ask me questions... this is my first time, no. Pastor has ever said anything like that to me that is why am asking
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by tens4real(m): 4:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
Spartacuss:
Test the spirit if it's of the devil. He has not asked of money or anything yet. He only offered to pray on your certificate. Why are you quick to judge?

Why not observe more before you pounce on him.
he told my friend that he offended some woman in his village, that is why he is not progressing and my friend ateast to that.. . And he told him to buy wrapper to represent the woman so they can deliver him.. That it is the woman who is holding his destiny... Wat can you say about this?
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 19, 2017
only God knows those he truly called.
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by tens4real(m): 4:23pm On Feb 19, 2017
Incrizz:
tens4real
RUUUUUUNNNN for your life!!!!
You CANNOT tell a fake man of God from a real one without The Holy Spirit and The Living Word dwelling in you.

The world cannot receive The Holy Spirit because they don't know Him and also hate Him.

You need to be born again dearie.
God is very interested in you, I'm so sure about it.
thanks dear...

1 Like

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Bonimoney(m): 4:32pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hello dear, if i may ask.
Are u an enemy to God?
did u pray nd God did not answer?
can man says what God sayeth not?
Be warned, be carefull. lots of them are out there just trying to make an endsmeet. Using God to decieve open mind available 2 b decieved
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 19, 2017
@op happy birthday. Notwithstanding the lifestyle and the words proceeding out of the mouth of "a man of God", the only bonafide way to know is if it's been revealed unto you by the Spirit. That's what Christians call discerning spirit. Remember different kinds of spirit are operating amongst men today, if you aren't working with God's Spirit, it may be difficult to tell - forget if the prophecies come true or not (for now). God can never be a liar, guesser or a confusionist! Some of them try to impress people too, I observed. I remember one speaking with me at a time. I truly knew he was in the Spirit. Immediately a question was asked, when he answered, I just knew by the help of the Spirit that he was speaking from his mind. So, walking with God is no beans but sth to be worked out with fear, trembling and diligence. My advise; if you aren't a serious Christian, stop doing "tojubole" in churches (esp the prophetic kinda) 'cos you never can tell what you are exposing yourself to.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Spicymercy(f): 4:47pm On Feb 19, 2017
u are to test all spirit by checking if what they say align with the word of God and the holy spirit must confirm it in your heart
the bible says, "by their fruits you shall know them" so if he brings forth fruit of the spirit. u can believe him
u are blessed!!!
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by omoISEYIN(m): 5:19pm On Feb 19, 2017
I am a Muslim, regardless of what we call our religion. the common ground is total submission to the will of our creator.
You going to your spiritual leader for soothsaying or prophecies will only lead you astray.
If I see any pastor or cleric forming all knowing and all seeing, prophesying. By brother! Na jazz o, forget all this Na God call me. They patronize demons.
It's only God that has knowledge of the hidden. Dig less so you don't dig your grave.
If you're blessed with contentment, their is a peace of mind you witness that you can't even explain yourself.
Put your life into auto pilot and let God take the cruise control.
Salam

1 Like

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Akaujaa(m): 5:49pm On Feb 19, 2017
When you give him money and he rejects it.
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by BushDoctor123: 5:51pm On Feb 19, 2017
Watch that your friend who invited you to the church, he might have revealed whom you are to the so called man of god.
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Opakan2: 6:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
True men of God still exist.. you won't find them in mansions, claiming Pastors, overseers, miracle and wonder workers, buying latest and most expensive rides etc.

They are usually lowkey, you find them among the poor spreading the gospel (just like Jesus Christ did). They know the kingdom of God is not of this world and their stay on earth here is for a while.
There are only a few left cos they serve with their all expecting nothing in return. These ones you see around joining politics, accumulating wealth are not men of God. This I'm certain of
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by iHarrie(m): 6:32pm On Feb 19, 2017
Happy Sunday.
Brother to know a church where the spirit of God dwells can only be revealed to you by God, if you say you love God, and you have become born-again, and also sanctified, and if the spirit of God be upon you and you have a strong relationship with God, you can go into prayers asking God to reveal "Who that Minister is"...

And concerning the prophesies, a lot of ministers have eyes, they can see, they can tell you what you do at home, the colour of boxers you wear, they can describe your situation like reading a novel, but they have no power to change it, because the Lord is not on their side, and how will the Lord be there if everyone is going to church for miracle and the power to make wealth forgetting the basic foundation of every Christian life; salvation and to end up in heaven. While some are not actually called by God for this mandate, so they resort to other means of attaining contrary power, and whenever some minister to y.ou, your situation worsens and then they begin to hide from you...
My advice, stick to my first point... Seek the face of God.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by tens4real(m): 7:14pm On Feb 19, 2017
Thanks guys for all your advice.... I feel the pastor is even money oriented, I mean during the end of the service he was asking the church members to contribute money so they could buy fuel for Sunday service.. I went there on Thursday am not judging the pastor because I don't judge people am not perfect...

Note: I did not tell my friend about my problems that am facing that the pastor mentioned
He only ask does questions like do you remember any Angela, you use to call her angel far back.. Which I said no... that got me thinking loud...
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 19, 2017
tens4real:
Thanks guys for all your advice.... I feel the pastor is even money oriented, I mean during the end of the service he was asking the church members to contribute money so they could buy fuel for Sunday service.. I went there on Thursday am not judging the pastor because I don't judge people am not perfect...

Note: I did not tell my friend about my problems that am facing that the pastor mentioned
He only ask does questions like do you remember any Angela, you use to call her angel far back.. Which I said no... that got me thinking loud...
U don buy market....hahahaha
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 19, 2017
Opakan2:
True men of God still exist.. you won't find them in mansions, claiming Pastors, overseers, miracle and wonder workers, buying latest and most expensive rides etc.

They are usually lowkey, you find them among the poor spreading the gospel (just like Jesus Christ did). They know the kingdom of God is not of this world and their stay on earth here is for a while.
There are only a few left cos they serve with their all expecting nothing in return. These ones you see around joining politics, accumulating wealth are not men of God. This I'm certain of
Why u no become pastor?

hahahaha
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by tens4real(m): 8:32pm On Feb 19, 2017
pesinfada:
U don buy market....hahahaha
Hmmm no b small thing oo... I nearly pay for damages sef

1 Like

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
tens4real:
thanks a lot I feel so confused

Well please don't be confused. God is not the author of confusion.....the enemy is. Be encouraged...and fervently pray! You will get the right answer.
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by freelancer10: 8:46pm On Feb 19, 2017
tens4real:
he told my friend that he offended some woman in his village, that is why he is not progressing and my friend ateast to that.. . And he told him to buy wrapper to represent the woman so they can deliver him.. That it is the woman who is holding his destiny... Wat can you say about this?

What's the name of the Church...? Don't tell me its the one at 5Star Oshodi....
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by tens4real(m): 9:00pm On Feb 19, 2017
freelancer10:

What's the name of the Church...? Don't tell me its the one at 5Star Oshodi....
the name of the church is A CAKE MINISTRIES
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by tens4real(m): 9:01pm On Feb 19, 2017
MZLady39:

Well please don't be confused. God is not the author of confusion.....the enemy is. Be encouraged...and fervently pray! You will get the right answer.
thanks dear don't forget to pray for me please
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by petra1(m): 9:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
tens4real:
. He later said I should pray to God today by 12am for God to reveal who that Angela is... And he also ask me to come with my certificate for him to pray for me...
To be candid I don't believe all this pastors, am more of a spiritual person than religious... I know I will make it by God's grace without a pastor telling me...
But guys what do you think?
Should I go on Sunday?
Have you ever had an experienced like this and what did you do... I need your input on this?
Lalasticlala happy birthday Show me some love too
Mynd44
Oam4j
Seun

. . . .Despise not prophesyings. .1 Thessalonians 5:20

The prophetic ministry is a gift to the body of christ and should never be despised . For you , you have no knowledge of the prophetic ministry and what you ought to have done at least was to make a humble enquiry. If you despise or criticize the ministry you can't get blessed by it. From your experience do you think it was merely a guess work? A man who never knew you. When God sends Simeone to you you ought to receive him and even give a seed. A prophet most times tells you of your past ,present and future . The major thing is the future but for you to believe they tell you about your Past and present so that when they tell you about the future you can believe it's not assumption . That's number 1 . The major part is that there are instructions to follow to lay hold on the future promise . You should have listened to him . Now that you have despised criticized I wonder if the anointing can still work for you .

I will give you an example . A family friend who fast and pray a lot . Had been having an inward witness that God was calling him to start a church . He kept it only to himself . He was attending redeem in UK. Like one of the associate pastors . He was a medical doctor. One day . A prophet came from Ghana to their branch and called him ,his wife and daughter out by the spirit. And told him the secret of his heart that God has called him to start a ministry . The whole church prayed for him. He later resigned his job as a doctor. But I warned him that he should get to that prophet and get instruction on how to go about it . But he refused . I also told him not to resign yet. He did . He believe he fast a lot and that should be enough . He has started in his house . But for over 5 years now it's only him and his children . 5 of them . He criticized other churches now that maybe he's the only holy man left standing. But I'm still trying to convince him to humble himself and seek help. He's out of job. The wife is left with the burden of the family. Apostle Paul fast a lot too. But he listen to the ministry of prophets .
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 19, 2017
tens4real:
thanks dear don't forget to pray for me please

Sir,
You are welcome and I can guarantee you this: You were already added on my prayer list a few days ago. You are gonna be alright.....remember what to do!
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by tens4real(m): 9:16pm On Feb 19, 2017
petra1:

. . . .Despise not prophesyings. .1 Thessalonians 5:20

The prophetic ministry is a gift to the body of christ and should never be despised . For you , you have no knowledge of the prophetic ministry and what you ought to do is to make enquiry. If you criticize the ministry you can't get blessed by it. From your experience do you think it was merely a guess work? A man who never knew you. When God sends Simeone to you you ought to receive him and even give a seed. A prophet most times tells you of your past ,present and future . The major thing is the future but for you to believe they tell you about your Past and present so that when they tell you about the future you can believe also . That's number 1 . The major part is that there are instructions to follow to lay hold on the future promise . You should have listened to him . Now that you have criticized I wonder if the anointing can still work for you .

sorry I have never criticized the man of God for once.. . I just wanted to hear peoples opinion on this.. .
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by tens4real(m): 9:17pm On Feb 19, 2017
MZLady39:

Sir,
You are welcome and I can guarantee you this: You were already added on my prayer list a few days ago. You are gonna be alright.....remember what to do!
thanks alot
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by InvertedHammer: 9:17pm On Feb 19, 2017
/
Ultimate test:

Give money to the pastor.

If he/she returns it and tells you to go in peace, then he is
up to something greater than him/her.
\
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by petra1(m): 9:19pm On Feb 19, 2017
tens4real:
sorry I have never criticized the man of God for once.. . I just wanted to hear peoples opinion on this.. .

I edited my post pls read it fully
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by freelancer10: 10:55pm On Feb 19, 2017
tens4real:
the name of the church is A CAKE MINISTRIES

Hey bro, i meant no harm when i asked for the name hence ur childish response is uncalled for. If its the one at 5Star, bro go back there, there's God in that place. The Prophet's prophecies are real. #Helpurself
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Erikthered: 11:29pm On Feb 19, 2017
Op, if you haven't started running yet, pls start now.

Satan can expertly imitate God's wonders.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Repent World! Jesus Is Coming Soon!! Second Rapture Dream In Barely 2 Months!!! / Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? / Born Again: This Is The Only Way To Make Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.