Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara (12816 Views)

Obasanjo Tore His PDP Membership Card And Campaigned For APC (Throwback Video) / Kemi Adeosun Picks Her APC Membership Card In Ogun (Photos) / Okorocha Flaunts New APC Membership Card (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by farouk2much(m): 4:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
but iPOB DOESN'T WANA BLIVE
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by exlinkleads(f): 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2017
good talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by SuperBlack: 4:18pm On Feb 16, 2017
PDP is bigger than OBJ. PDP made him what he is today
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by DONSMITH123(m): 4:19pm On Feb 16, 2017
SuperBlack:
PDP is bigger than OBJ. PDP made him what he is today

is there PDP without OBJ?

2 Likes

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by FullDepth1: 4:20pm On Feb 16, 2017
ghettowriter:

I know we are far from overcoming religious and ethnic biasism being the core reasons for voting in people into power but I believe the social media had created a level ground for identifying the common evil, which is Bad leadership and I believe by 2019 Nigerians will be wiser than 2015 at least.

Trust me, it will take Decades before this menace of Ethnic/Religious and tribal bias can go away. The media just made the division even easy.

But as we all know, it is the still same crop of politicians in the current party that were in the previous. And my fear is this, A new party might arise. And these your politicians might defect to it and its still the same circle.

1 Like

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by seguno2: 4:21pm On Feb 16, 2017
What is Obasanjo?
He is only still relevant despite his atrocities against us because we are so poor and lazy mentally.
Otherwise how can a man who collected $16 billion to give us blackout still be revered in this country?

1 Like

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by theway83: 4:22pm On Feb 16, 2017
wise talk
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by SuperBlack: 4:22pm On Feb 16, 2017
DONSMITH123:

is there PDP without OBJ?
Yes!
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by deolu2000(m): 4:24pm On Feb 16, 2017
OBJ is by no means different frm GEJ, so claiming the departure of OBJ was d dwnfall of PDP is a mere hoax. Nigerians decided against pdp cos of the perceived misrule of the party and not for the mere child play of an old abeokuta man tearing is membership card, who himslf was the genesis of the predicament of the country today.
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:27pm On Feb 16, 2017
PDP is fully alive
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by panco: 4:27pm On Feb 16, 2017
DONSMITH123:
The self-acclaimed Chairman of the mega party, National Unity Party, NUP, Perry Opara, has declared that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, died the day former President, Olusegun Obasanjo personally supervised the tearing of his membership card of the party.

Opara made the remark yesterday while disagreeing with the immediate past President, Goodluck Jonathan’s recent claim that PDP remains the biggest and strongest party in Nigeria.

He noted that the incorrigible nature of Jonathan led to the loss of the former ruling party in the 2015 Presidential election.

The mega party Chairman observed that any attempt by the former President to revive the party would further divide it because his intervention was coming too late.

“I totally disagree with former President, Jonathan. In the first place, he caused PDP’s defeat in 2015. He should not have contested in 2015. He should have allowed Dr. Tafawa Balewa and others to compete with him in the 2015 PDP presidential primary. Jonathan is a good man but not a courageous leader. Courageous leaders strengthen institutions to make them strong. Weak leaders don’t make institutions strong.

“PDP is gone and gone forever. PDP died the day Obasanjo tore his membership card. Jonathan woke up from his political slumber very late in the day. When he lost election in April 2015, leaders of PDP went to him severally to reorganise the party but he could not do that until he left office. Even after leaving office he could not do anything for PDP; he ran away.

“Two years after, he has realised his mistakes to reorganise PDP when things have gone bad. No way! It is late. His entry into PDP now will create the 3rd faction in the party. He should step back and enjoy his retirement. The soul of PDP has left and will never come back,” he told leadership.

Alleging that Jonathan campaigned with money and left substance behind, Opara stressed that the former President was not in charge of his Jonathan, 2015 Presidential campaign.

“You don’t change a winning team. His structures in the party were dismantled before the 2015 reelection bid. Yet, he couldn’t do anything.

“He was not in charge. Instead of campaigning on issues, they campaigned with money and left the substance. He resorted to campaign of calumny against Buhari. How do you convince Nigerians that such a corrupt group should come back in 2019. Never; forget it,” he added.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/02/16/pdp-died-day-obasanjo-publicly-tore-membership-card-perry-opara/
better say PDP even died before obasanjo,During obasanjo self was rigged and Win .
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by Abagworo(m): 4:38pm On Feb 16, 2017
ghettowriter:

I too agree with you. I visited the north during 2015 election, exactly when the voters registration was done and with the amount of kids and almajiris that lined up to collect the cards was something else. Actually, that was not what made GEJ lost the election but the voters from the western & middle belt part of Nigeria. People from this parts are social media Inclined, these will be were the media will come into play.

I know we are far from overcoming religious and ethnic biasism being the core reasons for voting in people into power but I believe the social media had created a level ground for identifying the common evil, which is Bad leadership and I believe by 2019 Nigerians will be wiser than 2015 at least.

Buhari must win if he contests 2019. No living Nigerian today is in his rank except Obasanjo who isn't eligible. 2019 is simply Buhari's easy reelection and waste of money by other contenders.

1 Like

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by haffaze777(m): 4:43pm On Feb 16, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
PDP is fully alive

my friend pdp is dead and gone,apshit will soon follow suit.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by ghettowriter(m): 4:49pm On Feb 16, 2017
FullDepth1:

You are right on point. The biggest divide among Nigeria youths was birthed at the onset of 2015 elections as you said. (I pray anybody that started those afonja & ipod trends be cursed). in fact, I lose respect for anybody that uses those terminologies. why can't we all see through the veil of ethnicity and religious bigotry for ones and realize that its the cancarworm that's eating away any form of progress that we as a nation is set to ascertain?. Though this might sound like a conspiracy theory but I believe the colonial masters planted these vises among us for easy manipulation and greed. Only when we realize the truth behind all these vises, then will positive changes ever take place.

1 Like

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by ghettowriter(m): 4:52pm On Feb 16, 2017
Abagworo:

Buhari must win if he contests 2019. No living Nigerian today is in his rank except Obasanjo who isn't eligible. 2019 is simply Buhari's easy reelection and waste of money by other contenders.

Speak for Yourself.

Buhari is not qualified to rule a country of this magnitude in this generation of rapid technological advancements in all fronts.
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by free2blast(m): 4:53pm On Feb 16, 2017
Shebi when Jonathan was busy dashing AIT 2bn just for propaganda against Buhari he did not realize he was campaigning for his opponent abi? That man daft no be small. Phee Dhee Phee is dead and buried.
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by Eluwilussit(m): 5:14pm On Feb 16, 2017
Baba was in jail when PDP was formed.
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by Eluwilussit(m): 5:19pm On Feb 16, 2017
TheShopKeeper:
Very, very true PDP was done forever at that moment when OBJ tore his membership card.

But OBJ was rotting away in jail when PDP was formed. It was sheer providence that the West needed to be compensated due to the Abiola saga. OBJ was not even massively voted for by the Yorubas. He is one lucky man. He and Jonathan. So we should not turn him into what he's not. He destroyed pdp while he was the president.

Note: I am his fan but I can't absolve him of his shortcomings. grin
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by nonsobaba: 5:22pm On Feb 16, 2017
"If after 4 years, i can't solve electricity problem in Nigeria, then don't bother voting for me again, because i am useless"

"If i don't complete second niger bridge after 4 years, then i will go on exile"

PDP died when they allowed the clown who made these comments to seek re-election on their platform.
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by piice: 5:56pm On Feb 16, 2017
ghettowriter:

I too agree with you. I visited the north during 2015 election, exactly when the voters registration was done and with the amount of kids and almajiris that lined up to collect the cards was something else. Actually, that was not what made GEJ lost the election but the voters from the western & middle belt part of Nigeria. People from this parts are social media Inclined, these will be were the media will come into play.

so It was because of religious and ethnic biasisms Buhari won the election. smmmhhhh
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by ghettowriter(m): 6:03pm On Feb 16, 2017
piice:

so It was because of religious and ethnic biasisms Buhari won the election. smmmhhhh

Not exactly, He won because Nigerians (I inclusive) thought he is the best candidate to combat corruption which is one of the major problem Nigeria is facing.

But you can't deny the fact that Religion and ethnicity played a huge part in garnering him those votes.

1 Like

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by nurusystem(m): 6:09pm On Feb 16, 2017
pdp die the day south east entered pdp...gej could have not contest..i blame is political advicer and south east,then CAN especially are the main principal buhahaha.why will CAN and orisafejo interfered in policy....
then patience shai she is a noisence parrot..
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by oluamid(m): 6:32pm On Feb 16, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
I agree with everything except the social media factor....ask the tawakalis in the north...no amount of social media can change their mind,they vote one way and the will vote massively. Unlike the social media savy people who make noise online but do not vote.have you forgotten 2015 easily,with what is online ,you will think GEJ will win massively,but when you see votes coming from core northern states una fear abi..oga politics is play your game well and share money...politics is local

You probably wasn't following social media closely if you thought GEJ had the upper hand on social media pre 2015. Social media is not Nairaland only Oo. On Facebook and Twitter major influencers were basically pro-PMB.
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by Bennycollins: 7:05pm On Feb 16, 2017
So if a party is not in power at the federal level it is dead??. Which singular opposition party has ever produced 12 governors and a Deputy Senate president. Have we 4gotten that the APC is a conglomeration of weak parties that have found itself in power? They form the government and still keep accusing PDP of sabotaging the economy. If we think it's true that the y are sabotaging the economy, then the party in power is less influential and don't have control of the country. Can a dead party achieve all that?
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by WithX(m): 7:32pm On Feb 16, 2017
amamahdaniel:

YOU ASK A QUESTION AND I WILL ANSWER YOU.
HE DID NOT PAIN ME. ARE YOU OKAY NOW?
This is the best reply i'v seen on NL lately. No insult, No bashing.
Thanks for this civil reply.
if only NLanders can be as civil as this.

1 Like

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by dvee2: 11:42pm On Feb 16, 2017
The Retardeen "Ineffectual Buffon" is a failure of monumental proportion.
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by klbakare(m): 11:56pm On Feb 16, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Fact..ebora owu himself.....politician to the core...Fayose can testify to that...three senate presidents can testify to that ,GEJ can testify to that.... For all his shortcomings,he is the best president nigeria has since 1899
i use to think am the only one that knows this.
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by juman(m): 12:21am On Feb 17, 2017
Bennycollins:
So if a party is not in power at the federal level it is dead??. Which singular opposition party has ever produced 12 governors and a Deputy Senate president. Have we 4gotten that the APC is a conglomeration of weak parties that have found itself in power? They form the government and still keep accusing PDP of sabotaging the economy. If we think it's true that the y are sabotaging the economy, then the party in power is less influential and don't have control of the country. Can a dead party achieve all that?

You are right.

By the way who is obasanjo?
Obasanjo that pdp was handed over to, but could not add any value to it.
It was obasanjo that destroyed pdp when he was president.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sheriff To Take Over PDP Secretariat After Nine Months - Channels TV / Obaseki To Acquire 100 New Buses Ahead Of 2020 National Sports Festival / LP To Keyamo: You Are Ridiculing Your Position As A SAN, Insulting Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.