Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London (28780 Views)

What Saraki, Dogara Told Buhari About Dino Melaye’s Travail, 2018 Budget - READ / Ugonna Ozuruigbo Honoured With A Statue By Villagers (Deputy Speaker Imo) / "It Will Be Suicidal To Threaten Saraki & Dogara" - Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by ijustdey: 3:24pm On Feb 16, 2017
Senate President Bukola Saraki and House Speaker Yakubu Dogara met with President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday in London.

By Abdullahi Tasiu Abubakar

Senate President Bukola Saraki and House Speaker Yakubu Dogara met with President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday in London.

They were accompanied by Senate Leader Ahmed Lawan for the visit, which sources said was organized promptly by both the presidency and the National Assembly.

They left Nigeria Wednesday morning and met the president hours after arriving in London.

It was unclear what they discussed but pictures of their meeting showed the president and his three guests together at Abuja House, the president’s official residence in the UK.

President Buhari has been in London since January 19. The presidency had first announced that he was there for a 10-day leave. But he has since extended the leave on medical grounds.

The National Assembly leaders visit may be a solidarity visit to express their sympathy to him. It may also be on

some crucial issues that they may require direct face-to-face meeting.
Sources said many legislators were unaware of the visit as the trip was organized discreetly.

One source said even Speaker Dogara learnt about the trip late and had to cancel his Abuja engagements at the last minute.

Deputy Speaker Yusuf Lasun who would have travelled with them yesterday did not do so because of engagement with ECOWAS parliamentarians in Abuja.

But his spokesperson Wole Oladimeji said the deputy speaker would travel to London today to join them

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/how-deputy-speaker-missed-saraki-dogara-discreet-visit-to-buhari-in-london/185504.html
Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 16, 2017
Please the president should remain in Saudi Arabia.There is relative peace by Fulani herdsmen since he left the country.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 16, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Nigerians and the Akons that rule them..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by GossipHeart(m): 4:25pm On Feb 16, 2017

Can someone tell me the meaning of "deceased visit"

I think i will be discreetly happy if that's what I've been thinking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by brunofarad(m): 4:25pm On Feb 16, 2017
Nice one
Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 16, 2017
Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by Dymo: 4:27pm On Feb 16, 2017
The guy no been dey the picture when dem snap am that year..

Na just talk make e no b like say na plan work..

Deputy dey go Ecowas when VP dey?
Deputy dey go Ecowas when senate deputy dey?
Deputy dey go Ecowas when foreign affairs minister dey?

Since asun enter office, na now dem give am ecowas work?

Abeg make dem talk another one, this one no gym.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by tafabaloo(m): 4:27pm On Feb 16, 2017
Ok
Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by SuperBlack: 4:27pm On Feb 16, 2017
These people sef
Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by andymofia(m): 4:29pm On Feb 16, 2017
nsi efi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by misteryman: 4:29pm On Feb 16, 2017
SEEING THE PRESIDENT IN NIGERIA IS BELIEVING THAT HE ACTUALLY WAS IN LONDON.

9 Likes

Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by limitless777(m): 4:30pm On Feb 16, 2017
It's a BIG SHAME really.
I CANNOT imagine another country's leader, president, prime minister or whatever sitting, sleeping and dizzying pleasurably away in another country.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by stephnie1(f): 4:30pm On Feb 16, 2017
i stand with pmb

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by ALAYORMII: 4:30pm On Feb 16, 2017
The truth can not be hidden forever

4 Likes

Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by Adebowale89(m): 4:31pm On Feb 16, 2017
I haven't heard of many bad news eversince pmb left Nigeria

ta ba sun ekun, a ma riran o

even Fulani non.sense striking has limit

can't just wait for 2019, to have a real democracy back to Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by deolu2000(m): 4:33pm On Feb 16, 2017
Dollar is 512 to a naira... Keresene is 1500/5L... A paint plastic of garri is now 800. Abeg, Hon. Lasun kindly tell PMB to come home ASAP and lead this country frm the front out of this economic hardship, because i don't understand this one that BABA is forming sick when obviously he is actually fedup and now using style to shy away frm his responsibility.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by Mrsumec: 4:33pm On Feb 16, 2017
cool
Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by HARDDON: 4:33pm On Feb 16, 2017
They Draining the lil forex we've managed to garner now huh?
How insensitive can a govt be?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by ipreach: 4:33pm On Feb 16, 2017
Check the date the picture was uploaded on Facebook

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by bornmekus: 4:37pm On Feb 16, 2017
This Buhari matter, I don tire jari

2 Likes

Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by Iamdmentor1(m): 4:40pm On Feb 16, 2017
I'm just waiting for FG to let the cat out of the bag. Till then, I'd just watch them lying and deceiving themselves

4 Likes

Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by ephi123(f): 4:43pm On Feb 16, 2017
limitless777:
It's a BIG SHAME really.
I CANNOT imagine another country's leader, president, prime minister or whatever sitting, sleeping and dizzying pleasurably away in another country.

2 Likes

Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by sammyj: 4:46pm On Feb 16, 2017
Only God will save the soul of our lying politricians!!!!! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by DonCortino: 4:53pm On Feb 16, 2017
DISCREET VISIT! Ok o!

Gwuodu dey!
Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by Eluwilussit(m): 4:54pm On Feb 16, 2017
stephnie1:
i stand with pmb

Na only stand? U no lie with am? grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by moyakz(m): 4:58pm On Feb 16, 2017
if him like,make e dey london,if him like make e dey uk..make e sha no carry him badluck come back here o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by ItsawrapOutfit: 5:03pm On Feb 16, 2017
Interesting
Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by Inferno17: 5:04pm On Feb 16, 2017
Lol. Nai him comot for road
Fafunde1:
Them give the deputy speaker leg over
Re: How Deputy Speaker Missed Saraki/dogara 'discreet Visit' To Buhari In London by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 16, 2017
We just want to see the man Nigerians voted for, that's so.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri / Should Nigeria Be Divided? / PHOTO: Buhari Arrives Beijing, China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.