Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) (45476 Views)

Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos / Oba Of Benin, Ewuaere, Arrives Abuja In His Rolls Royce And Private Jet / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 16, 2017
the post of a first class traditional ruler is better than any political post , except that of the President
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by joey150(m): 9:43pm On Feb 16, 2017
KINGwax007:
angry

True talk bro...

Point out the lie

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by vicadex07(m): 9:50pm On Feb 16, 2017
joey150:
I still and will always ask who finances these traditional rulers? Typical african mentality..Alafin go cruise for limousine and go back to ibadan to rule poor people living under the brownest of roofs.. (this is me not being tribal).. Adding no meaning and value to their lives.

Other than acquire wives to fulfil his widest fantasies..

Sick country!

Just tell me the name of your village...

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by vicadex07(m): 9:50pm On Feb 16, 2017
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by whitedove(m): 9:57pm On Feb 16, 2017
joey150:
I still and will always ask who finances these traditional rulers? Typical african mentality..Alafin go cruise for limousine and go back to ibadan to rule poor people living under the brownest of roofs.. (this is me not being tribal).. Adding no meaning and value to their lives.

Sick country!
YOU ARE WRONG,MOST OF THEM ARE ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED BUSINESS-WISE,
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by joey150(m): 10:03pm On Feb 16, 2017
whitedove:
YOU ARE WRONG,MOST OF THEM ARE ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED BUSINESS-WISE,

What business? Educate me..business that made him enough money to buy that limousine and maintain all those wives...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by joey150(m): 10:04pm On Feb 16, 2017
vicadex07:

Just tell me the name of your village...

undecided undecided
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by thebadmus(m): 10:05pm On Feb 16, 2017
sixtuschimere:
His Imperial Majesty, Oba Adeyemi III, Iku Baba Yeye arrived Abuja airport in his flashy car for a take off from Abuja enroute Ibadan, Oyo State.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/02/alaafin-of-oyo-storms-abuja-airport-in.html
. Omo iku tiku o gbodo pa, omo arun t'arun o gbode se... Iku baba yeye, the strongest king, welcome back to the pace setter state

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by femolii: 10:05pm On Feb 16, 2017
All these osus self their expecting alafin of oyo to come n feed them n u dont know d sourse of their money hv u ask ur one one room igwe where they get their money although u dont hv recognise king in ur land.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 16, 2017
joey150:

Sick country!
Who else finances them other than our oil money. You can imagine how many Traditional rulers in Nigeria and their chiefs not doing any work and yet all living big. How can we develop with this drain on the economy. Lots of people consuming and not contributing anything

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by joey150(m): 10:07pm On Feb 16, 2017
toyetade:

Who else finances them other than our oil money. You can imagine how many Traditional rulers in Nigeria and their chiefs not doing any work and yet all living big. How can we develop with this drain on the economy. Lots of people consuming and not contributing anything

Enough said!

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 16, 2017
highrise07:
the post of a first class traditional ruler is better than any political post , except that of the President

All this worldiness will come to an end one day. What are they contributing

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by Burgerlomo: 10:14pm On Feb 16, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
cool Ile yoruba oni baje ooo.

Amin ooo

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by October1960: 10:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
What has he and similar so called royals done to improve lives of their people?

Instead they take money from corrupt government officials to keep quite. Fools.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by thebadmus(m): 10:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
joey150:

What business? Educate me..business that made him enough money to buy that limousine and maintain all those wives...
. All I know is that all these people always receive salary from the state government. All the prominent people in their state used to give them something, like cars and houses most especially those that have political ambition, because dey believe they are the only person that can easily finger the brain of the people so that they can vote them in, they receive compensation from the companies in their communities... Your return as a king depends on ur rank and the investment in ur state. They also have says on every land in their state, so if you are to be the King in a state like lagos u are in money.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by Burgerlomo: 10:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
ALAYORMII:
Baba is chopping the life of his head

grin yes you're right ooo, baba is really jaiye ori e grin
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by Johnrake69: 10:19pm On Feb 16, 2017
KINGwax007:
angry na inferiority complex go murder your self esteem and ability to rise above the colonial slavery...

Who finances Elizabeth of England or the king of Spain?

He raised important points. If you think an average British citizen is happy over the taxes they pay for the Royal family to maintain their ostentatious lifestyle then you must be mistaken. I have always said it that the enemies of Nigeria are in three categories;

1. Politicians
2. Religious leaders
3. Traditional rulers.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by thebadmus(m): 10:21pm On Feb 16, 2017
Burgerlomo:

Amin ooo
. Obaje ti
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by jaysan82(m): 10:27pm On Feb 16, 2017
joey150:

Dude, lots of obas were former top government functionaries, established business men, ex military officers , politicians and such before ascending the throne. The traditional institutions get 5% of the local government allocation per month which caters for the welfare of kings and chiefs. They also get a truckload of gifts from their subjects. This is what's left of our highly eroded culture, I believe we must celebrate kings and chiefs or risk losing our identity completely. Indians were colonized by the brits but they didn't adopt everything british like we did
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by MAURI: 10:29pm On Feb 16, 2017
@joey150

Sick country!

God bless you ! Africans only ask questions in hindsight. Just get someone to estimate the exorbitant lifestyles of these people and their entourage and the cost associate with it. You would not but be compelled to ask how it is financed. Just last week I posed the same question to my brother in Nigeria and he gave me the typical African answer: “no one asks the king where he gets his money from” not done! Then I was like, please tell me what positive contributions they make to the society / country at large. He could not name any.
I don’t care if it is Yoruba, Hausa or Ibo king, they just connive with the useless politicians to hoodwink and loot the people’s common wealth.

Of late they have a common competition tool, they compete with Roll-Royce. Each of those machines goes for between 100 and 150 million Naira and some of them even have a few of them. And no one is asking any questions.

In case some people want to know what sort of activities these people get involved with that impacts the country negatively, if you listen to the Obanikoro Ekiti-gate tape, the name of the Owa of Obokun was mentioned in it conniving to rig elections. There was the episode of the Oba of Lagos threatening some people from a different part of the country to cajole them into voting for a preferred candidate. And of late we had the episode between The Awujale and OBJ.

Constitutionally they are not accountable to the people. With their exorbitant lifestyles they encourage corruption and nepotism. People should start asking questions if we really want to move our country forward.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by joey150(m): 10:34pm On Feb 16, 2017
jaysan82:

Dude, lots of obas were former top government functionaries, established business men, ex military officers , politicians and such before ascending the throne. The traditional institutions get 5% of the local government allocation per month which caters for the welfare of kings and chiefs. They also get a truckload of gifts from their subjects. This is what's left of our highly eroded culture, I believe we must celebrate kings and chiefs or risk losing our identity completely. Indians were colonized by the brits but they didn't adopt everything british like we did
You dont just cling onto it just because it's part of our culture..

If they receive tax payers cash they should have responsibilities and roles to play that we can all see.

Truckload of bribe you mean?

Why have a local government and trad Rulers again. Its like claiming you are a christian m while you have a shrine in your parlour
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by TITOBIGZ(m): 10:42pm On Feb 16, 2017
joey150:

Sick country!

God bless u for ds,i been dey think say na only me dey reason am. embarassed
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by kenoz(m): 10:53pm On Feb 16, 2017
Nice ride

Classy
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 16, 2017
toyetade:

All this worldiness will come to an end one day. What are they contributing
sure , but we must exist here before heaven.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by theway83: 10:56pm On Feb 16, 2017
iku baba yeye alase orisa gangan,kabiyesi oooooo

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by Ujahp99: 11:03pm On Feb 16, 2017
KINGwax007:
angry na inferiority complex go murder your self esteem and ability to rise above the colonial slavery...

Who finances Elizabeth of England or the king of Spain?
The problem is that, our traditional rulers are more than our political leaders.. All of them receives salary... How will there be enough money for the poor masses.
His not the governor, yet, his extravagant lifestyle is something else.
The federal government budget sponsors everything.. Nigerians pls wake up..
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by KingSango(m): 11:12pm On Feb 16, 2017
joey150:

Sick country!

Nigerian government pays the salary of the Alaafin along with many Kings that the Republic of Nigeria, a colonial state, still controls lands that the Alaafin's fathers built. The Alaafin owns a market and many financial ventures that extend beyond his measly government salary. Yoruba Land is not apart of Nigeria but Nigeria apart of Yorubaland. Yoruba land existed almost 2000 years before any such thing as Nigeria. The Empire of Oyo is 2000 years old. The state of the people is to their own undoing, unfortuately, Baba Sango has ordered the people to start building up the land, which is fixing homes and building new ones. But the people are waiting on Jesus as told to them by their Pastors. Its the pastors who are holding the people back not the Kings. Its the pastors who suck the blood of the people with tithes, the people pay no taxes to the Kings for them to pay for any infrastructure that would help build the land. When do the people give up this dumb system of Democracy and start to build the kingdom starting with the base?

Wake up.
https://gullahgeecheeworldtradeunion..com/2016/12/primordial-beginnings-when-things-fall_59.html

Queen Quet
Ejiogbe 1 $25.00

Per month calculations
Level one: 3 members = money raised $ 75.00
Level two: 9 members = $225
Level three: 27 members = $675
Level four: 81 members = $2,025
Level five: 243 members = $6075
Level six: 729 members = $18, 225
Level seven: 2187 members = $54, 675
Level eight: 6, 561 members = $164, 025
Level nine: 19, 683 members = $492, 075
Level ten: 59,049 members = $1,476,225

Grow food.
http://feedyourselfandyourfamily..com/2016/06/african-gardening-for-life-repatriation.html

1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by yemmy98: 11:33pm On Feb 16, 2017
I am appalled by the rate of tribalism and highly inaccurate comments to this post.

1 Most Yoruba kings have private businesses that generate enough income for them to maintain their lifestyle. I don't deny that they may enjoy donations from politicians and businesses.

2 The Alaafin does not rule "brown roof people" I'm assuming the person that said this was referencing Ibadan. Check again they have Olubadan, the Alaafin is based in Oyo.

3 Someone also said the British people pay taxes to fund the "ostentatious" lifestyle of the royal family. Please get your facts right, they don't.

4. A lot of us here complaining about the problem of Nigeria not moving forward bla bla bla. Check the comments in this post and you'll see we are part of the problem. Bunch of tribalistic and unenlightened people looking for how to pass blame around and cause trouble where trouble isn't

Please if you don't know something shut up and learn. Don't hide behind the anonymity of the internet to spew your un-enlightened tribalistic comments to the world

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by yomzy123(m): 11:38pm On Feb 16, 2017
BrainnewsNg:
wow
Wonderful
Please, how much is the car?
ask Google sir
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by NemzySeries(m): 11:59pm On Feb 16, 2017
bleaching no gree d man
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by UchaNwababa: 12:11am On Feb 17, 2017
how can a royal majesty enter this toy and call it a lemousine, anyway Afonja na their way sha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Queen Naomi’s Alleged Separation From Ooni Of Ife Not True — Palace / Ooni Of Ife's Wife, Queen Naomi All Perfect In New Pictures / Ooni Of Ife Marries For The 7th Time - His 4th Marriage In 2 Months (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.