Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) (45477 Views)

Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos / Oba Of Benin, Ewuaere, Arrives Abuja In His Rolls Royce And Private Jet / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by Maydfourth: 12:15am On Feb 17, 2017
Awon OBA correct leleyiii

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by zabadii(m): 12:23am On Feb 17, 2017
joey150:
I still and will always ask who finances these traditional rulers? Typical african mentality..Alafin go cruise for limousine and go back to ibadan to rule poor people living under the brownest of roofs.. (this is me not being tribal).. Adding no meaning and value to their lives.

Other than acquire wives to fulfil his widest fantasies..

Sick country!
he doesn't rule Ibadan there is Olu Ibadan of Ibadan the Imperial Majesty Oba Saliu Adetunji

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by ofwest47(m): 12:27am On Feb 17, 2017
see the limousine an oba is riding in the midst of poverty ridden people of Oyo town where students have to go on rampage because of the worsening condition of the secondary schools in the town . We are crying about the rising cost of dollars in the parallel market. why not.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by soulhighman(m): 2:30am On Feb 17, 2017
joey150:
I still and will always ask who finances these traditional rulers? Typical african mentality..Alafin go cruise for limousine and go back to ibadan to rule poor people living under the brownest of roofs.. (this is me not being tribal).. Adding no meaning and value to their lives.

Sick country!
@ the word 'African mentality' is what I wouldn't agree with. Must you condemn Africa?
Who finances the Queen of England?
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by akigbemaru: 3:35am On Feb 17, 2017
King
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by ddippset(m): 5:50am On Feb 17, 2017
joey150:

Sick country!
very sick and pathetic my brother.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by joey150(m): 6:19am On Feb 17, 2017
soulhighman:

@ the word 'African mentality' is what I wouldn't agree with. Must you condemn Africa?
Who finances the Queen of England?
African mentality in that context refers to is living like a demi god in power while those you rule languish in abject poverty.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by erictus: 6:37am On Feb 17, 2017
This man no wan gree for oni of Ife.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by dont8(m): 8:31am On Feb 17, 2017
holatimmy:
Limousine...Kai

Old man enjoying it all like this.
Aji sebi Oyo laari
Oyo ose bi Baba enikan... wink
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by matrixme(m): 8:51am On Feb 17, 2017
yemmy98:
I am appalled by the rate of tribalism and highly inaccurate comments to this post.

1 Most Yoruba kings have private businesses that generate enough income for them to maintain their lifestyle. I don't deny that they may enjoy donations from politicians and businesses.

2 The Alaafin does not rule "brown roof people" I'm assuming the person that said this was referencing Ibadan. Check again they have Olubadan, the Alaafin is based in Oyo.

3 Someone also said the British people pay taxes to fund the "ostentatious" lifestyle of the royal family. Please get your facts right, they don't.

4. A lot of us here complaining about the problem of Nigeria not moving forward bla bla bla. Check the comments in this post and you'll see we are part of the problem. Bunch of tribalistic and unenlightened people looking for how to pass blame around and cause trouble where trouble isn't

Please if you don't know something shut up and learn. Don't hide behind the anonymity of the internet to spew your un-enlightened tribalistic comments to the world

How exactly have they used their wealth and influence to bear on the populace? Have we heard of Alaafin's scholarship for students, Entrepreneurship centre or loans for petty traders?
What exactly does traditional rulers do apart from laze around all day and play with their 'irukeres' While the rest of us work our assess off every blessed day. Are they any better than us, or do they have 2 heads??
I don't think we should be blind about following traditions and all. It's only the Oni of Ife that has been working very hard to revolutionalize the traditional institution and for that, he has my respect.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by glight1: 8:53am On Feb 17, 2017
joey150:

Sick country!
u see our mentality as people in this country is so poor that we can't even think straight..
some little percentage of people gallivanting around and there u see the poor ones praising and dying for them.. so barbaric

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by omodapson(m): 12:00pm On Feb 17, 2017
joey150:

Sick country!

Olodo. So Alafin now rules over Ibadan?
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by adellam16(f): 8:33pm On Feb 17, 2017
sixtuschimere:
His Imperial Majesty, Oba Adeyemi III, Iku Baba Yeye arrived Abuja airport in his flashy car for a take off from Abuja enroute Ibadan, Oyo State.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/02/alaafin-of-oyo-storms-abuja-airport-in.html
y is dat guy sitting like dat? Is he saying national anthem to the Alafin while sitting down ni?
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by Iwiskayode: 7:03pm On Aug 14, 2018
coolFirst it was the Oba of Benin with rolls Royce now it's the alaafin with limousine. I'm waiting for the Ooni in his Lamborghini
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos) by Ayobami7(m): 6:10pm On Nov 10, 2018
this is my comment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Queen Naomi’s Alleged Separation From Ooni Of Ife Not True — Palace / Ooni Of Ife's Wife, Queen Naomi All Perfect In New Pictures / Ooni Of Ife Marries For The 7th Time - His 4th Marriage In 2 Months (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.