Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce (1536 Views)

N2m Budgeted For Fumigation In State House Before Rats Damaged Buhari's Office / Biafra50: Nigerians Can’t Be Forced To Live Together – Afenifere Replies Ag Pres / Why Are Computers Budgeted For Every Year? – Sen. Abaribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by phosky(m): 1:40pm On Feb 17, 2017
Many Nigerians can’t eat, yet N40m budgeted for Aso Rock wildlife - Sen Ben Bruce

source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/02/many-nigerians-cant-eat-yet-n40m.html

Ben Bruce, senator representing Bayelsa east, says it’s heartbreaking that at a time many Nigerians can’t afford to eat, N40 million in the 2017 budget was designated for the feeding of wild animals in the presidential villa.

In a couple of tweets on Thursday night, Bruce said at N510 to a dollar, it has reached a stage where buying made in Nigeria commodities is a necessity.

“It breaks my heart that at a time when many Nigerians can’t eat we are budgeting N40 million to feed wildlife in Aso Rock Presidential Villa,” he tweeted.

“At N510 to a dollar, #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira is no luxury, it is not even a necessity. Nigeria has reached the stage where it’s a necessity.”

The senator has been openly critical of the 2017 budget proposal.

“Recurrent expenditure is still 70 to 75 percent, that has not changed, Nigeria will not develop that way, [we should] reduce it by 50 percent so that we can put in capital projects,” Bruce had said during the debate on the 2017 appropriation bill.

He also said the benchmark of N305 to a dollar was not realistic because at the “black market”, naira was about N500 to a dollar.

Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by midehi2(f): 1:43pm On Feb 17, 2017
don't mind those buffoons

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by phosky(m): 1:55pm On Feb 17, 2017
yes
Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by amamahdaniel(m): 1:55pm On Feb 17, 2017
LET ME KEEP QUIET.
Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by DozieInc(m): 1:59pm On Feb 17, 2017
What wild life
I hope we won't hear "Andrew Yakubu" about the money.
They are there forming wild life while most Nigerians are looking for meat to grace their pot of soup.
As for For-ex that's the biggest scam in Nigeria right now, a means to give the "alhajis" free money.
Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by greatgod2012(f): 2:01pm On Feb 17, 2017
That's to tell us that they value the lives of their presidential animals more than the lives of Nigerians!

One day, one day, our mumu go stop for this country!

We go become wise, e remain small!
Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by Ahmadgani(m): 2:03pm On Feb 17, 2017
Look at this goof that only knows how to make sense on air and online but always fumble on the floor of the senate.

What have you and your colleagues done to address the issue

Stationary allowance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by alphonsojaybaz: 2:10pm On Feb 17, 2017
shocked shocked shocked chai wildlife this disheartening
Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by Nukualofa: 2:10pm On Feb 17, 2017
Ahmadgani:
Loo[s]k at this goof that only knows how to make sense on air and online but always fumble on the floor of the senate.

What have you and your colleagues done to address the issue

Stationary allowance[/s]
The problem i have with northerners that got education through quota system.

They cannot condemn bad government policies because government is their only source of Livelihood.

People are dying in the north out of hunger and a man from Bayelsa is telling you that wild animals has more value than you and your hungry almajiri but you end up criticizing him

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by stev120(m): 2:17pm On Feb 17, 2017
2017 budget the biggest fraud ever in nigeria history..

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by Ahmadgani(m): 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2017
Nukualofa:
The problem i have with northerners that got education through quota system.

They cannot condemn bad government policies because government is their only source of Livelihood.

People are dying in the north out of hunger and a man from Bayelsa is telling you that wild animals has more value than you and your hungry almajiri but you end up criticizing him
you are myopic and shallow minded in your thoughts, you just arrrived a conclusion that i am a northerner without consideration. By the way i criticise anyone i feel like criticising. Northerner, southerner or foreigner

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by koladebrainiac(m): 2:51pm On Feb 17, 2017
saw his post. Ben bruce is trying to appeal to appeal to our emotion. But people with emotional intelligence will understand that animals too need to be fed. they cant go hungry. there are zoo n wildlife park that are incare of FG. when visitors come to visit mr. president, most of them may want to visit the wildlife as tourists - you wouldnt want them to look be seeing hungry animals and recession infested Lion in a cage. Help me ask Ben Bruce how he feeds his Dogs and peacocks and cats in his compound? 40 milion naira is not that much. the fact is animals will eat. he should stop his biased comment as if he is not part of the problem.
\

in between Ben Bruce should raise his voice in the floor of the senate to allow us to see their own budget and know how they share our money

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by oduastates: 5:18pm On Feb 17, 2017
This man should Shut up.
Where was he when Jonathan was in power .
We never heard from him since we have been criticising the zoo in aso rock .
Those animals should be moved to a public zoo for the public
Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by Funlordmaniac(m): 5:39pm On Feb 17, 2017
What is wild life even doing in the presidential palace sef? This is a classic case of misplaced priorities....No wonder some people dey call naija zoo! undecided
Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 17, 2017
Ahmadgani:
you are myopic and shallow minded in your thoughts, you just arrrived a conclusion that i am a northerner without consideration. By the way i criticise anyone i feel like criticising. Northerner, southerner or foreigner
You seem to me like the myopic one here.

You criticised the man subjectively for speaking the truth, if you're not a northerner and of which i won't mention any tribe then obviously a zombie!.

5 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by sdindan: 5:51pm On Feb 17, 2017
The wild life there is the zombies.

They are animals

3 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by omenkaLives(m): 5:54pm On Feb 17, 2017
How much are you thieves budgetting for your upkeep? Or arent Nigerians starving in your own case?

Bloody hypocritical albino. angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by Ahmadgani(m): 5:56pm On Feb 17, 2017
Benita27:
You seem to me like the myopic one here.

You criticised the man subjectively for speaking the truth, if you're not a northerner and of which i won't mention any tribe then obviously a zombie!.
ofcourse i am a zombie, but you are just another son of a million father who lacks simple understanding. Pls dont qoute me again because i dont want to engage a rif raf like you in a social media battle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by raker300: 6:01pm On Feb 17, 2017
Nigerians: we're starving to death here..

FG: we just found 900billion dollar in dieziani's home

Nigerians:..

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by vanbonattel: 6:03pm On Feb 17, 2017
raker300:
Nigerians: we're starving to death here..

FG: we just found 900billion dollar in dieziani's home

Nigerians:..

The name of the game is crowd manipulation.

4 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 17, 2017
Ahmadgani:
ofcourse i am a zombie, but you are just another son of a million father who lacks simple understanding. Pls dont qoute me again because i dont want to engage a rif raf like you in a social media battle
"A riff-raff?" well, i think a riff-raff is better off than a zombie.

7 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by Musampa73(m): 6:18pm On Feb 17, 2017
In fact, I don't know what to say.
Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by timecapsule: 6:52pm On Feb 17, 2017
YES! I have said it before that the problem of nigeria is their symbol (FLAG). See how FG value animals than the human being they believe they are ruling. A COUNTRY WITHOUT FUTURE!
Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by alphonsojaybaz: 6:53pm On Feb 17, 2017
angry angry angry angry cruel
Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by masseratti: 7:05pm On Feb 17, 2017
koladebrainiac:
saw his post. Ben bruce is trying to appeal to appeal to our emotion. But people with emotional intelligence will understand that animals too need to be fed. they cant go hungry. there are zoo n wildlife park that are incare of FG. when visitors come to visit mr. president, most of them may want to visit the wildlife as tourists - you wouldnt want them to look be seeing hungry animals and recession infested Lion in a cage. Help me ask Ben Bruce how he feeds his Dogs and peacocks and cats in his compound? 40 milion naira is not that much. the fact is animals will eat. he should stop his biased comment as if he is not part of the problem.
\

in between Ben Bruce should raise his voice in the floor of the senate to allow us to see their own budget and know how they share our money
are you ok at all? Must we have a wild life zoo in the villa?that zoo should be closed down,all the animals should be in abuja public zoo,they should be fed with gate fees,besides keeping animals in a cage instead of their natural habitat is becoming archaic,no justification in building a house gate of 270 million for vp house if am not mistaking or 40million to feed wild animals,what the hell are they eating,humans?

people working at the presidency,all the staffs from the cleaners to the SGF should be sacked,they are the real problem affecting successive govt.

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by IPOB123london: 7:10pm On Feb 17, 2017
mr integrity using 40 million oil money eating what bikonu; what is it naw; oginidi

they think we are fool

this is legal way to steal money in governance

one using billion to build website; using billion to paint kitchen and other room; budgeting billion in feeding

what a hell called Nigger area
Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by YourCoffin: 7:13pm On Feb 17, 2017
koladebrainiac:
\

Idiot
Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by crystalzoe: 7:58pm On Feb 17, 2017
koladebrainiac:
\

Are u for real?
Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by fowosh: 8:29pm On Feb 17, 2017
they are all d same... this man shouldn't b behaving like he is a saint here
Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by mzirawo: 9:05pm On Feb 17, 2017
shocked shocked shocked mogbe ooooo
Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by koladebrainiac(m): 3:37pm On Feb 21, 2017
masseratti:
are you ok at all? Must we have a wild life zoo in the villa?that zoo should be closed down,all the animals should be in abuja public zoo,they should be fed with gate fees,besides keeping animals in a cage instead of their natural habitat is becoming archaic,no justification in building a house gate of 270 million for vp house if am not mistaking or 40million to feed wild animals,what the hell are they eating,humans?

people working at the presidency,all the staffs from the cleaners to the SGF should be sacked,they are the real problem affecting successive govt.

bro you get it wrong
even white house in US has zoo. they have some tourist attraction areas that they showcase to people viditing white house.
we cannot over flogged this issue.
animal feeds . takw that.
Re: Many Nigerians Can’t Eat, Yet N40m Budgeted For Aso Rock Wildlife- Sen Ben Bruce by masseratti: 7:27pm On Feb 21, 2017
koladebrainiac:

bro you get it wrong
even white house in US has zoo. they have some tourist attraction areas that they showcase to people viditing white house.
we cannot over flogged this issue.
animal feeds . takw that.

which zoo in white house?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari / The UN Will Give Nnamdi Kanu Protection / How Do I Get My Pension Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.