Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu (1961 Views)

‘buhari Represented Herdsmen At White House’ / How Buhari Represented Herdsmen At The White House – Afenifere / Northern Governors To Begin Registration Of Fulani Herdsmen At Nigerian Borders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by aneldaking(m): 6:44pm On Feb 17, 2017
Fulani herdsmen at it again do not forget Northern Governors claims they are from Mali, Senegal, Chad and not herds men from northern Nigeria.

Tears and confusion has overtaken Abbi Community in Uzo-Uwani Local Government Area, Enugu State, following the attack on the area by Fulani herdsmen who unleashed mayhem on the people, killing a brother and sister of the same family and also razing down about seven houses and several motorcycles.

Altogether, 19 persons have not been found or seen therefore were declared missing in the community even as several others were also wounded with machetes by the invaders.

We gathered from a reliable source (inhabitant) that the Fulani herdsmen numbering over 30 emerged from the nearby bush and began to machete the people in the community last Thursday, killing their victims and maiming others with different kind of weapons before fleeing into the bush without a scratch.

Two of the unfortunate victims who they identified as Fidelis Okeja age 45, and his elder sister Mercy age 50. The victims Fidelis and Mercy were relaxing outside their compound around 6.30pm discussing when all of a sudden, hefty men numbering about 30 of them masked believed to be Fulani herdsmen emerged from nowhere and then instantly butchered them.

After that they went ahead and attacked other members of the community with machetes, burnt down houses before retreating into the bush unharmed. Investigations revealed that sporadic shooting by the suspected Fulani herdsmen sent fear into the inhabitants of other parts of the community who scampered for safety amid confusion.

An eye witness in the community said the people were taken unawares by Fulani herdsmen, adding that the police and members of the local vigilante group were yet to respond to cries of the people before the invaders escaped into the bush.

‘’The most worrisome aspect of the Fulani invasion of the community was that about 19 people are still missing as nobody can give account of them. Those missing were last seen on the fateful day. The community formed search parties in groups, combing bushes within and outside the community for days now, yet no sign of success has been recorded,’’ he revealed.

‘’We have lodged formal complaint at both Ada’ani police station and Police Area Command Nsukka, but no arrests have been made over the matter. The Fulani herdsmen were armed to the teeth with dangerous weapons when they invaded us.

“Two people killed while 19 missing, several others brutalised with deep machete cuts now lying critically down at various hospitals. “The corpses of the deceased Fidelis and Mercy have been deposited at Bishop Sanahan Hospital, Nsukka while the search for the missing 19 people continues,” he said.

Why a senior officer at the Police Area Command, Nsukka who spoke on the condition of anonymity confirmed the story describing the attack on Abbi community as pathetic and sorrowful as two biological relations were killed and several others wounded,” among others He, however, said that full investigations has commenced to untangle the circumstances surrounding the barbaric attack on the community. The Officer, however, said that the police were yet to receive the report of missing persons in the community on the account of the incident, but appealed to the community not to take laws into their hands by engaging in reprisal attack. Meanwhile, a team of anti-riot policemen has been drafted to the community to beef up security in the area and beyond
Source:http://www.karisastravel.com/2017/02/fulani-herdsmen-at-it-again-attacks.html
Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by sarrki(m): 6:49pm On Feb 17, 2017
Where are thiose criminals called Igbos

Empty barrels

Only good in making noise

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by kuuljay(m): 6:54pm On Feb 17, 2017
They called Gabriel suswan all sort of names yesterday,oya make una show us wetin una get..children of uganda

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by Emycord: 6:56pm On Feb 17, 2017
Call ur boys to order
Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by LoveMachine(m): 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2017
Just ban them and restrict their occupation to a certain region to end this madness. Until certain people want to behave like human beings they shouldn't be granted the privileges of access to the entire country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by KEZDON(m): 7:07pm On Feb 17, 2017
Hmmmmm mm One Nigeria indeed
Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:12pm On Feb 17, 2017
sarrki:
Empty barrels
try get sense this 2017 abeg

8 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:15pm On Feb 17, 2017
and if somebody say Christians defend ur self,e go turn to crime

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by kettykings: 7:47pm On Feb 17, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
and if somebody say Christians defend ur self,e go turn to crime

Nigerian christians are what the bible referred to as hypocrites , sometimes i feel ashamed to be reckoned which such set of christians even the bible that says turn the other cheek will be apalled at the level of decadence and ungodly christians we have in Nigeria , if the igbos join hands and retaliate it would be christians from a certain part of the country that would cry more than the bereaved .

What is happening in Nigeria is just too befuddling and nauseating , the brainless Devil secret service will pretend as if nothing happened until one side will want to revenge and you will see them putting the blame on Igbos

5 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by limeta(f): 7:54pm On Feb 17, 2017
Boko haram, stop calling them what they not.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by dokyOloye: 8:42pm On Feb 17, 2017
kuuljay:
They called Gabriel suswan all sort of names yesterday,oya make una show us wetin una get..children of uganda
Fulani can only do nonsense in d Nsukka part of Enugu cos that area is close Benue and Kogi who are receptive of them,where they can easily run into after doing their usual nonsense.
They can't try that in an eastern heartland state like Abia or Imo.
Ask the fulanis what happened to them d last time they tried nonsense in Awgu in that same Enugu,that led to d locking up of Awgu indigenes by d hausa/Fulani dominated police force.

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by ShakaZullu(m): 9:01pm On Feb 17, 2017
[s]
sarrki:

Empty barrels

[/s]
mrkayusfit stop disgracing yourself

your Engrishi na die grin

akpa akpu

8 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by momentarylapse: 9:09pm On Feb 17, 2017
So with all the noise and chest beating that most of these online ipob cowards make about herds men not being able to operate in their region these sort of things still happen?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by zendy: 9:13pm On Feb 17, 2017
When IPOB say they dont want to part Hausa-Fulani controlled Nigeria, some people will wonder why?

6 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by loopmangoat(m): 9:36pm On Feb 17, 2017
Some afonja idiots from waste land have started insulting us for not retaliating
If we strike back they will be the ones to call for our heads

6 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by cheruv: 9:40pm On Feb 17, 2017
dokyOloye:
Fulani can only do nonsense in d Nsukka part of Enugu cos that area is close Benue and Kogi who are receptive of them,where they can easily run into after doing their usual nonsense.
Ask the fulanis what happened to them d last time they tried nonsense in Awgu in that same Enugu,that led to d locking up of Awgu indigenes by d hausa/Fulani dominated police force.
Mechie onu angry
Igboland is one...an attack on one is an attack on all

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by dokyOloye: 9:51pm On Feb 17, 2017
cheruv:

Mechie onu angry
Igboland is one...an attack on one is an attack on all
My child,I know U are a troubled soul who cannot state his opinion wtout making the other party feel insulted,probably due to d chaotic background U come from.
Receive Christ today and U will get inner peace and immeasurable joy.
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by adadike281(f): 9:56pm On Feb 17, 2017
I will not pity ndi Enugu. its either you strike back or u die trying. if your gov have amu nmiri, do Enugu youths have amu nmiri too? their patron is sick, so do the needful.my people arise and retaliate, put a stop to this nonsense or be wiped out forever

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by rejoice4eva(m): 9:58pm On Feb 17, 2017
sarrki:
Empty barrels
are you celebrating your people 's success?

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by melodyogonna(m): 10:00pm On Feb 17, 2017
sarrki:

Empty barrels

what has IPOB go to do with this?? Do you take expired cocaines??

7 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by kuuljay(m): 10:01pm On Feb 17, 2017
dokyOloye:
chest beating grin grin grin as usual

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by obyrich(m): 10:13pm On Feb 17, 2017
adadike281:
I will not pity ndi Enugu. its either you strike back or u die trying. if your gov have amu nmiri, do u? their patron is sick, my people arise and retaliate, put a stop to this nonsense or be wiped out forever
Hmmm. Biko gwa m I bu nwoke ks I bu nwanyi?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by cheruv: 10:20pm On Feb 17, 2017
dokyOloye:
My child,I know U are a troubled soul who cannot state his opinion wtout making the other party feel insulted,probably due to d chaotic background U come from.
Receive Christ today and U will get inner peace and immeasurable joy.
Shalom.
Tsk tsk tsk undecided
Akarigori tongue
Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by mightyhazell: 10:24pm On Feb 17, 2017
sarrki:

Empty barrels

ur far gone in this madness

7 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by GeneralAchuzia1: 10:38pm On Feb 17, 2017
sarrki:

Empty barrels

. patriotic Nigerian.plss how patriotic is this ur comment.

7 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by KidsNEXTdoor: 10:59pm On Feb 17, 2017
I only came to say
Sai Buhari

And see the comment of the 'patriot' sarrki
And wasn't disappointed

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by adadike281(f): 1:15am On Feb 18, 2017
obyrich:
Hmmm. Biko gwa m I bu nwoke ks I bu nwanyi?
pls I cannot lie to myself, I am a woman but why would I allow strangers wipe away my people? Igbo women are not cowards. if Enugu men refuses to do the needful, the women should rise to the occasion
Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by OreMI22: 1:57am On Feb 18, 2017
The governor will declare another 7 days of fasting and prayers. Yeye man.

i have said it. Communities should form vigilante to guard their lives.If one community is too small to form vigilante, two or three communities can come together for their own security. Then use phones to coordinate themselves.

God gave you life to protect yourself first before prayers and fasting.

Afterall, only the living pray and fast.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by obyrich(m): 2:47am On Feb 18, 2017
adadike281:
pls I cannot lie to myself, I am a woman but why would I allow strangers wipe away my people? Igbo women are not cowards. if Enugu men refuses to do the needful, the women should rise to the occasion
Hmmm. Maybe the Dike in your moniker is making you write like nwoke. Ji sie ike o
Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by Timbuktuo: 5:23am On Feb 18, 2017
Two things are needful:

1. State governors across the federation need to install a ban against these herdsmen like Fayose did in Ekiti.

2. Nigeria's policy on arms needs to be reviewed. People need to own guns more easily.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen At It Again Attack Enugu by smilingface(m): 7:25am On Feb 18, 2017
sarrki:

Empty barrels

stop this your shameful act OK..... you will be the first to call them terrorist sect if action was taken...you did even condemn the murderous Fulani herdsmen...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kicking The Igbos Out Of The North .why The Bitterness / 'retire Quietly Or We Open The Pandora Box'- VON DG Tells Ex-president Jonathan / Nigeria A Shith0le ?? [respect Yourselve]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.