Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,796 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards (2111 Views)

NIMC National ID Card Is Out, Check If Your ID Is Ready, Sept 2011 – May 2017 En / Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports / NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by jose556(m): 9:17am On Feb 18, 2017
It's been a year now since I enrolled for the national ID card. I was giving a temporary ID slip, but this slip are now being rejected by many financial institutions, thereby slowing down business at some point.
I have checked there sites many times to no avail. I sent a mail to one of the staff but my mail returned saying the mail box was full.
NIMC should do the needful and dispatch this cards, they are killing businesses who are need of the cards.
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by dingbang(m): 9:25am On Feb 18, 2017
Is there any other federal govt parastatal dat issues national I'd card apart from the nimc?
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by Nogodye(m): 9:33am On Feb 18, 2017
jose556:
It's been a year now since I enrolled for the national ID card. I was giving a temporary ID slip, but this slip are now being rejected by many financial institutions, thereby slowing down business at some point.
I have checked there sites many times to no avail. I sent a mail to one of the staff but my mail returned saying the mail box was full.
NIMC should do the needful and dispatch this cards, they are killing businesses who are need of the cards.

My mum work with NIMC and she said that Permanent ID is yet to be available due to low/lack of funds from the FG to produce the card.She also said that they have produce permant ID for people that enrolled since the inception till 2011/2012 or so...I enrolled for it in the year 2013 and no permanent ID yet.

1 Like

Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by inourcare: 9:41am On Feb 18, 2017
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by anibi9674: 9:53am On Feb 18, 2017
The whole thing is just frustrating, you present the slip they gave you and the banks will reject it.
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by jose556(m): 9:55am On Feb 18, 2017
dingbang:
Is there any other federal govt parastatal dat issues national I'd card apart from the nimc?
No
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by Mrbigman1(m): 9:56am On Feb 18, 2017
U just register yesterday na. People wey register wen dem still dey crawl, I wonder how dem wan take identify dem wen e finally come out 2090?

1 Like

Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by dingbang(m): 9:57am On Feb 18, 2017
jose556:

No
someone was directing me to one of d fed secretariat in pH at aba road.. I wonder what it even takes to make an I'd card tho...
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by dingbang(m): 9:58am On Feb 18, 2017
Nogodye:

My mum work with NIMC and she said that Permanent ID is yet to be available due to low/lack of funds from the FG to produce the card.She also said that they have produce permant ID for people that enrolled since the inception till 2011/2012 or so...I enrolled for it in the year 2013 and no permanent ID yet.
pls can u ask her what if someone wants to pay for processing of his own I'd card.... And how much it will cost..
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by Nogodye(m): 10:10am On Feb 18, 2017
dingbang:
pls can u ask her what if someone wants to pay for processing of his own I'd card.... And how much it will cost..

Their is nothing like that bro...We have to keep waiting.Don't fall for scammer oo
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by dingbang(m): 10:11am On Feb 18, 2017
Nogodye:

Their is nothing like that bro...We have to keep waiting.Don't fall for scammer oo
chai... But I really need this card na.. What sort of government is this sef
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by Nogodye(m): 10:16am On Feb 18, 2017
dingbang:
chai... But I really need this card na.. What sort of government is this sef

Not only you bro...but its like the government ain't talking about the agency.The agency keep doing the enrollment without provision for permanent ID...i tired o
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by dingbang(m): 10:18am On Feb 18, 2017
Nogodye:

Not only you bro...but its like the government ain't talking about the agency.The agency keep doing the enrollment without provision for permanent ID...i tired o
and be collecting monies from people ... There is God..

If they collect 300naira from 5million Nigerians, its it's enough money to print all the cards
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by Nogodye(m): 10:24am On Feb 18, 2017
dingbang:
and be collecting monies from people ... There is God..

If they collect 300naira from 5million Nigerians, its it's enough money to print all the cards

They will never do that coz they knw its their right to provide it for us free of charge just like voters ID
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by dingbang(m): 10:32am On Feb 18, 2017
Nogodye:

They will never do that coz they knw its their right to provide it for us free of charge just like voters ID
guy please I am not dumb... This happened in the centre at uniport when dey came to register students
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by Nogodye(m): 10:36am On Feb 18, 2017
dingbang:
guy please I am not dumb... This happened in the centre at uniport when dey came to register students

shocked They should have report that
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by Ahmeduana(m): 10:36am On Feb 18, 2017
jose556:
YOUR IS A YEAR AGO, MINE IS SINCE 2014.

1 Like

Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by Nogodye(m): 10:37am On Feb 18, 2017
Ahmeduana:
YOUR IS A YEAR AGO, MINE IS SINCE 2014.
While mine is 2013
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by jose556(m): 1:21pm On Feb 18, 2017
Nogodye:

While mine is 2013
shocked
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by rose54321: 2:40pm On Feb 18, 2017
Methinks they should stop issuing cards indefinitely.

What's the point of issuing cards with no geographical address.
Over 60% of residential houses in Nigeria are not traceable, no unique house number or street address.
So please what is being written on these cards, an office address

The government as a matter of priority before the 2018 census should work with state government in numbering all residential houses. Only then can they proceed to count and issue identification.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by Blue3k(m): 2:45pm On Feb 18, 2017
ID is rocket science because the don't actually want to have permanent data base they can't fudge.

All that's needed for ID is plastic, ink and database to hold records.

1 Like

Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by jose556(m): 3:17pm On Feb 18, 2017
What a country... Many businesses and personal activities are being help at ransom because this ID.
Banks are starting to reject the temporary slip.
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by Mznaett: 3:43pm On Feb 18, 2017
It's been 4yrs I enrolled for it and I was given the temporary slip..and uptil now I'm yet to get the permanent card.. It's so annoying
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by jose556(m): 3:47pm On Feb 18, 2017
Mznaett:
It's been 4yrs I enrolled for it and I was given the temporary slip..and uptil now I'm yet to get the permanent card.. It's so annoying
Have checked on there site if your card has been dispatched?
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by Mznaett: 3:52pm On Feb 18, 2017
jose556:
Have checked on there site if your card has been dispatched?
I haven't.. But I intend going to the LG secretariat anytime soon..
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by jose556(m): 3:58pm On Feb 18, 2017
Mznaett:

I haven't..
But I intend going to the LG secretariat anytime soon..
You should also try checking for the availability of your card on there site.
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by Mznaett: 4:00pm On Feb 18, 2017
jose556:

Ok.. I'll
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by Mznaett: 4:10pm On Feb 18, 2017
jose556:

Woa! I just did that now..and YESSSS it's ready..gringringrin
Thanks for the info.
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by jose556(m): 4:41pm On Feb 18, 2017
Mznaett:

Thanks for the info.
You are welcome bro. Perhaps all those saying they have done theirs since 1900 should check for theirs too on the site. It might have been ready since.
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by Mznaett: 9:39pm On Feb 18, 2017
jose556:

You are welcome bro. Perhaps all those saying they have done theirs since 1900 should check for theirs too on the site. It might have been ready since.

A sis rather..
You're very correct o and I believe most of us were/are still expecting them to notify us either through mail or sms..and I just noticed that it's been a long while I stopped using the number I registered it with.. So maybe/maybe not I might have been notified ever since without my knowledge o
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by dingbang(m): 9:52pm On Feb 18, 2017
Mznaett:

Thanks for the info.
me wey first u register angry grin
Re: When Will NIMC Release Permanent National ID Cards by MummyIMadeIt: 9:56pm On Feb 18, 2017
its not all about the availability of your card but collection.

mine has been ready since last year but collection na war oo

i have visited my area of registration as ordered by the site for collection of my ready ID CARD, but which side they always kip telling me come back 2morow.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ile-ife: Afenifere Mobilises 100 Lawyers To Defend Suspects / Ipob Rally In Asaba Yesterday (pics) / I'm Beginning To Love Fayose!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.