Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,039 members, 7,821,578 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database (13254 Views)

Obasanjo Registers As Member Of Coalition Of Nigeria Movement / INEC Registers 21 New Parties (Full List) / Mega Party: ADP Zones Party Positions, Registers Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by johntaiwo123(m): 11:02am On Jan 20, 2017
National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) said it has registered over 14 million Nigerians in the national identity database.

According to the commission, it had in the last one year doubled its initial 7 million.

Chika Lovesday, general manager Corporate Communication, told Nigerian Tribune that between 2012 and 2015 the commission was able to enrol slightly over 7million adding that within one year it doubled its efforts which led to the increase.

He added that the objective since Engineer Aliyu Aziz, the new Director General, took over was to enrol 70 million Nigerians in the database, but for limited resources.

His words: “We budgeted for 70 million, so far we are able to meet a significant figure. Right now we have about 14 million enrolment into the database from the slightly over 7million within one year.”

“7 million is in addition to what we had before, since we started enrolment in 2012. From 2012 to 2015 when we came in, we had slightly over 7 million.”

Lovesday, who identified funding and power as drivers to achieving its goals said these have become major factors affecting the effective function of the commission.
According to him out of the 774 local governments in the country, the commission has only been able to access 470 LGAs adding that electricity is crucial to carrying out its duties effectively in these locations.

Citing instance of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), he said, “we are making efforts to cover everywhere, we are supposed to be in every local government, 774 LGAs but so far we are in about 470. It is either we don’t have all the necessary resources to be there; but in the places we are, activities are ongoing as much as we can carry.”

“Our main challenge, I will say is power. When you compare us to what our sister agencies are doing we discovered that INEC is in every ward not just in the local government during the elections, they are in every ward because they have materials to work with.

“It is not just enough to say that we are in a place and put signboard, yet are not working. We have to be in that place with what will make us work.”

Source: https://guardian.ng/business-services/nimc-registers-over-14m-nigerians-in-database/

Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by crown08(m): 11:21am On Jan 20, 2017
Nice
Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by veekid(m): 12:09pm On Jan 20, 2017
I don't know when to go and do mine
Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by Guyman02: 12:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
Northern politicians will never allow Nigeria to have a correct date base as that would expose the fake census figures they have used for political domination of the Senate, House of Reps, large number of LGAs and States and revenue allocation.

You want them to expose the BIG lie that Kano State is more populated than Lagos when it has only one major city and Jigawa State was carved out of it?
Until we are ready to have a correct data base, the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) is just another parastatal set up to siphon scarce resources.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by Firefire(m): 12:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
Useless commission.

My data captured since 2013, yet no ID. Nonsense.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by Pavore9: 12:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
When it is not mandatory to go register for the National ID once one turns 18, alongside the birth certificate and any of the parents' ID then we can not achieve much.

1 Like

Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
Nimc, where is my national I'd card. 3years....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by oluFELAxy(m): 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
Them try...

Those asking for ID Card, better stop dreaming....CBN no see money print small currency, talkless of NIMC to now start producing the plastic ID Cards....
E ma ko won si gbese....

1 Like

Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by intercom: 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
please my collection slip is still with me, when is the right time for collection?
Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by Firefire(m): 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
9jakohai:
Nimc, where is my national I'd card. 3years....

Everyone in that useless commission need to be SACKED!

8 Likes

Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by stanlink(m): 12:12pm On Jan 20, 2017
What's the point?
They should address the massive fraud and exploitation of Nigerians going on in their offices
Joor
Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by Royalfurnitures: 12:12pm On Jan 20, 2017
They should extend their activities to the hinterland, so many more unregistered folks there

Pls check out my signature for quality and durable furniture
Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by nelsonjj: 12:13pm On Jan 20, 2017
Am yet to collect the one I did in Lagos since 2014, this commission is entirely helpless and useless. I need an ID not temporal thing. Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by akandry: 12:13pm On Jan 20, 2017
And I didn't get my ID mtcheew undecided
Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by MOSTEC(m): 12:13pm On Jan 20, 2017
When will they give me the plastic i.d. Since 2014 i ave been using temporary i.d

2 Likes

Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by Abbeyme: 12:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
Nice, but slow.

That's about 10% Nigerians!!

2 Likes

Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by fakati(m): 12:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
I registered for close to 3 years now but everytime I go to the zone 5 office I will be told it's not ready.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by cirmuell(m): 12:16pm On Jan 20, 2017
Did mine in February 2015, no card yet.
Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 20, 2017
They keep registering people yet they refuse to give out the plastic ID. Registered in 2013 yet my plastic ID isn't out. #Rubbish

7 Likes

Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by Nogodye(m): 12:18pm On Jan 20, 2017
Firefire:
Useless commission.

Same here bro...even some that registered after me have been collecting their permanent ID

1 Like

Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by ephi123(f): 12:18pm On Jan 20, 2017
Less than 10% of the total population?

How exactly is this an achievement??!!

4 Likes

Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by middlebelter(m): 12:19pm On Jan 20, 2017
johntaiwo123:

Source: https://guardian.ng/business-services/nimc-registers-over-14m-nigerians-in-database/
=

Nigerians will like to know from your data the following:
1. Numbers of people registered by tribe - please remember to separate Hause fro Fulani, nothing like Hausa/Fulani, you can only be one tribe.

2. Numbers per religion; christain, Muslim, sango or tradionalist. - very important.

3Age categories- .< than 18, 18-40, 40 - 60, 61 and above

4. Population per state.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by tman2sure(m): 12:19pm On Jan 20, 2017
The scheme is not only battling with electricity but poor internet access. I registered since October last year at University of Ibadan centre but up till now I have not been given NIN number. I have checked many time until i was told they are the one that will contact me when my NIN is ready.
Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by Henrolla(m): 12:20pm On Jan 20, 2017
Looks like they are more serious this time.

have to visit them now for mine
Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by Lanretoye(m): 12:21pm On Jan 20, 2017
Bull shit!!! I registered since 3 years and Id is not ready yet.

1 Like

Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by Jabioro: 12:22pm On Jan 20, 2017
Oshisco! I registered since 2003,re-register 2012,all to knw avail.Projected 70 million,have 7 million dat na pass mark? Iranu!
Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by banffy: 12:23pm On Jan 20, 2017
I register like 3 years ago, yet to card, i have send series of emails to the useless commission copying everybody in their office with no positive response.
Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:24pm On Jan 20, 2017
Nonsensical nonsense nimc is Wia my identification card which I registered with you ppl since many many yrs ago can't even remember the date again each time I check my status in ur website to ascertain weda my card is ready am greeted with not available pls I need that card cus I dnt ave international passport

Any nimc staff in the building pls direct this msg to Una boss abi Oga @d top ni "I need my nimc Id card" or else wot happen last 6 yrs will repeat it self..... Tnk u in advance
Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:24pm On Jan 20, 2017
Nonsensical nonsense nimc Wia my identification card which I registered with you ppl since many many yrs ago can't even remember the date again each time I check my status in ur website to ascertain weda my card is ready am greeted with not available pls I need that card cus I dnt ave international passport

Any nimc staff in the building pls direct this msg to Una boss abi Oga @d top ni "I need my nimc Id card" or else wot happen last 6 yrs will repeat it self..... Tnk u in advance
Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by cornel994(m): 12:28pm On Jan 20, 2017
Useless Nimc wer my I'd card frm 2014? Scrap diz dept I say

1 Like

Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by airminem(f): 12:28pm On Jan 20, 2017
oluFELAxy:
Them try...

Those asking for ID Card, better stop dreaming....CBN no see money print small currency, talkless of NIMC to now start producing the plastic ID Cards....
E ma ko won si gbese....

Riit. Nija Govt Wil Neva Get It Rite. Nt In Ths Gen
Re: NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database by rhektor(m): 12:32pm On Jan 20, 2017
Firefire:
Useless commission.

ME too, they only give cards to polithiefians nonsense

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Orders Seizure Of Senator Victor Umeh’s Assets Over N136m Bank Debt / ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee / Tambuwal Commissions Road In Abia During His Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.