Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,618 members, 7,955,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:11 PM

Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water (25762 Views)

Boy Fights With His Father In Abia For Not Giving Him Money For Food / Mother's Reaction On Seeing Her Son After 5 Years In Canada (Photos) / Sex Once In 3 Months, Lasts 30 Secs Yet He Blames Me For Not Giving Him A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by mamatayour(f): 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2017
OMG.... embarassed
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by fm7070: 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2017
rip to the boy
the mother is careless and dirty.
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Dfinex(f): 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2017
with all the strong smell of kerosene??
well let me just keep kwayet......rest in peace to the little child
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by godquality: 1:07pm On Feb 18, 2017
Wait.... She didn't perceived the smell of kerosene ? Me am not understanding ohh....

My wife kill my son like this, i swear she will join him 10 min later.

1 Like

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by tolumyti: 1:07pm On Feb 18, 2017
what a pity the mother no fit smell and not even see the colour of content
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by fowosh: 1:07pm On Feb 18, 2017
witches in action
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Toosure70: 1:10pm On Feb 18, 2017
ise aye
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by spoilerx: 1:12pm On Feb 18, 2017
This happened to me when i was little i drank almost a cup of kerosene(still not sure how i didnt notice the taste), luckily my mum noticed my mouth was smelling of kerosene & rushed me to the hospital.....
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Pearly255(f): 1:15pm On Feb 18, 2017
How reckless is that
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Sultty(m): 1:15pm On Feb 18, 2017
So sad beht y r some mothers needlessly carefree embarassed

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 18, 2017
spoilerx:
This happened to me when i was little i drank almost a cup of kerosene(still not sure how i didnt notice the taste), luckily my mum noticed my mouth was smelling of kerosene & rushed me to the hospital.....
Exactly what i was going to talk about here...
Its more likely the poor baby died from some of his vomitus entering his lungs (because of the OIL he was given to drink) which is alot more dangerous than the kerosene he drank...people should please desist from this palm oil trash,it is very risky especially for little children with immature swallow reflexes

1 Like

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by ahahnow: 1:37pm On Feb 18, 2017
This is a lie. She is lying. She murdered her son. Even the color of kerosene is not like water, it is yellowish. I smell bullshit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by lonelydora: 1:40pm On Feb 18, 2017
Self medication is not good at all.

They first tried giving him palm oil before rushing him to hospital
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by okirewaju(f): 1:53pm On Feb 18, 2017
Awww this is sad

I wonder how the mother will feel about this incident
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by me69: 1:57pm On Feb 18, 2017
londonrivals:
Mother and locally hired kerosene retailer, Mrs. Ata Buhari responded to the cry of her baby that was thirsty for water with the content of a plastic beverage bottle laying in her store. This will, unfortunately, lead to the killing of her only son of four children.

This incident happened, last Tuesday, at about 10 am, at Iguma Street, Off Medical Stores Road, Benin, Edo State when 18-month-olds Isreal Buhari had complained to his mother that he was thirsty.

She being ignorant of the actual content of said plastic bottle mistook it for an identical one that her older kids had brought to the shop earlier, and feed him with kerosene thinking it was water. After his first gulp, Isreal was said to have immediately spat out the remaining kerosene from his mouth calling the attention of his mother. His eyes turned pure white as he screamed uncontrollably a few minutes after this.

With the aid of their neighbors, some volume of palm oil was immediately given to Isreal before he was rushed to a hospital, where he died a few hours later.

The father of the child Mr. Buhari Hassan, 36, also from Kogi State, was said to have been called to the hospital where he met the corpse of his only son.

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/02/mother-accidentally-kills-her-son-after.html

Is Kerosen odourless
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by ifecobaba(m): 1:59pm On Feb 18, 2017
very bad
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by crackhouse(m): 2:02pm On Feb 18, 2017
End time mother.
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by kolado(m): 2:06pm On Feb 18, 2017
Not funny
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by GMBuhari: 2:35pm On Feb 18, 2017
The story has K leg
Pidgin2:
Kerosene has smell so how come both women did not realize that it wasn't water? It also has an awful taste so I wonder how the child drank it without spitting it out

RIP fine baby.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by chuks34(m): 2:40pm On Feb 18, 2017
veekid:

village people at work
indeed
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by spayor(m): 2:48pm On Feb 18, 2017
Hmmm....madam its such a pity....some have nose they canot smell,some can smell but have no nose..I have nose and I can smell glory be to you oh lord...know dat song
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by streetzdreamz(m): 2:50pm On Feb 18, 2017
optional1:
she dey mad....

Water and kerosine smell same way... Abi she no get nose to smell....

A drop of kerosine can smell for africa, a drop in a soup spoil dey soup forever..

She most be very careless and stupiid...

RIP to d innocent child.
easy, not everyone has that sense of smell, I know of two close relatives who can't differentiate btw kerosene and water based on its smell alone, the woman made a costly mistake, knowing fully well she sells kerosene. she should have been very sure of what she was giving her son instead of rushing to quench his immediate thirst, but we are all humans, our imperfections makes us all humans, I hope the woman has the strength to forgive herself and get over the incidence, the cute lad is obviously resting in peace.
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 18, 2017
sarrki:
Mummy I sympathize with you

It saddened

May God give you fortitude to bear the irreparable loss

Take heart MA

To all mummies in the house you will not bury your children IJMN

If and only folks like you behave and reason this way all year round we wouldn't have been in this mess we have been plunged into by some charlatans who specialize in collecting bribes from Multinationals and siphoning hundreds of millions all in the name of grass cutting.
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by amikable97: 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2017
I sympathize with her no one is above mistakes but hers was a costly one cry
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by NaWhoBanMe: 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2017
Sh**t!

Had it been it happened to the other Buhari in Daura some 74 years ago, Nigeria wont be in this poo today.

RIP young Buhari.
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 18, 2017
So sad poor lady .. RIP to her Son embarassed
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by UdyOgwoUde(m): 3:21pm On Feb 18, 2017
I would understand it was a mistake if it was the baby that gave herself the kerosene. But mum mistakenly gave her baby kerosene to drink, hmm, I don't get it.
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by 3kay945(m): 3:28pm On Feb 18, 2017
Anything called buhari has issues nowadays. Hope it isn't a sign of something impending. cry
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 18, 2017
R I P. This was exactly what happened to my brother (3 yrs old ( he took the kerosene for water), but God saved him with just palm oil that my grandmom gave him. some mothers just need to be careful!
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by cybriz82(m): 4:04pm On Feb 18, 2017
optional1:
she dey mad....

Water and kerosine smell same way... Abi she no get nose to smell....

A drop of kerosine can smell for africa, a drop in a soup spoil dey soup forever..

She most be very careless and stupiid...

RIP to d innocent child.

yes kerosine dey smell well well bt no forget say na kerosine she dey sell also n d whole place na smell of kerosine. n again She being ignorant of the actual content of said plastic
bottle mistook it for an identical one that her older
kids had brought to the shop earlier,hope say u understnd dat 1?

1 Like

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by timsonpreye(m): 4:20pm On Feb 18, 2017
Any tin buhari is involved neva goes well embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by MckOBEY(m): 4:53pm On Feb 18, 2017
She dey fly for midnight, kill her

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Make Vegetable Soup With Bitter Leaves And Water Leaves. / When Is One Ready To Get Married? A MUST-READ / Young Man Finds Out Child Isn’t His, Months After The Baby’s Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.