Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope (57080 Views)

China: Woman Who Doesn't Like Drinking Water Found With 7,750 Gallbladder Stones / Where Residents Of Anguwar Bakaro, Bauchi Fetch Drinking Water / What Your Gee-pee Tank Looks Like After Six Months And After Washing (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by Tedassie(m): 6:09pm On Feb 18, 2017
kalishay:
OP potable please!!
correct
Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 18, 2017
Oyind17:
Good to know

I pity those wey dey drink well and stream water

I have being drinking that for over two decades and am alive, well & super healthy
Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by Airoflaw(m): 6:12pm On Feb 18, 2017
Hydrochloric acid help in killing some of this microorganisms in our stomach..
Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 18, 2017
Oyind17:
Good to know

Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by seangy4konji: 6:13pm On Feb 18, 2017
na these type of water deh make person fresh and smooth
Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by phyllosilicate(m): 6:15pm On Feb 18, 2017
Kingsley1000:
they are pathogens and considerable number of them are harmless thats why u rarely fall sick consuming them,they (the beneficial pathogens )help in general body metabolism,help in digestion and building immune system,in contrast,there are harmful ones that cause typhoid fever ,thats why it's advocated to boil water before use
Only the microorganisms that cause diseases are called pathogens

1 Like

Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by okonja(m): 6:17pm On Feb 18, 2017
Oyind17:
Good to know

That's what our great grandpa & grandma drank and nothing happened to them, stop forming posh here my friend. angry

1 Like

Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by ElPhoche(m): 6:18pm On Feb 18, 2017
Kingsley1000:
they are pathogens and considerable number of them are harmless thats why u rarely fall sick consuming them,they (the beneficial pathogens )help in general body metabolism,help in digestion and building immune system,in contrast,there are harmful ones that cause typhoid fever ,thats why it's advocated to boil water before use
Oga, how can something be pathogenic and at the same time harmless? Choose one. There is nothing like beneficial pathogens. Pathogenic means disease-causing. Unless you want to talk about opportunistic flora which isn't the case here, apparently... :/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 18, 2017
Is there anything like 'portable' water? It is 'potable', not 'portable'! Potable= 'good for drinking'
Portable='that can be moved from place to place'; movable; mobile

2 Likes

Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 18, 2017
when Solomon Dalung de drink well water for village!
Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by lepasharon(f): 6:25pm On Feb 18, 2017
This is why it's important to filter tap water
Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by IAmNigerian: 6:25pm On Feb 18, 2017
It's. 'POTABLE' i.e water in the pot not Portable.
Kingsley1000:
This list is not for the faint of heart. There are
invisible monsters living in your tap water, creatures
that swim and multiply by the billions inside every drop
of brisk, refreshing water you slurp down your gullet,
tiny demons that…well, okay, they’re actually not all
that bad. All water has bacteria and protozoans to some
extent, most of them completely harmless. But once you
see what they look like up close and personal, you might
never get the image out of your head. Here are 10
microorganisms that could be living in your drinking
water right now.
Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by cybriz82(m): 6:26pm On Feb 18, 2017
Oyind17:
Good to know

last tym i visited a frnd in sokoto i saw a guy drinkin frm a bucket used in parking sand very dirty bucket bt d man no send..wetin come shock me pass na when d guy drink d water finish cme begin tell gate man to open d gate for him to park iz jeep inside 1 nice huge mansion..saw sum kids runnin to him like baba baba baba...na der my guy tell me say na d man get d house n he do frequent dubai like no 2moro i waz like WTF!!!!! hausa people ehnnn der body system no b here.

1 Like

Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by ThinkSmarter: 6:27pm On Feb 18, 2017
Oyind17:
Good to know

if u like, use Eva water to bath, it will not increase ur life span beyond the peg of ur genetic makeup.
Stream water and well water don't kill.
Processed foods kills, it destroys ur organs and tissues.
Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 18, 2017
but Solomon dalung de drink well water for him village crib na!
Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by Cation(m): 6:33pm On Feb 18, 2017
Kingsley1000:
Next time you have to tell us the name of individual bacterium in your post so those who aren't microbiologists nor food scientists can understand better. Basically the microorganisms that cause waterborne diseases include salmonella, shigella, Escherichia coli, pseudomonas, vibrio cholerae,campylobacter etc. For safety reasons boiling our drinking water very well can help destroy some of these microorganisms. You guys don't bother,drink water to live and not die.
Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by Cation(m): 6:37pm On Feb 18, 2017
lepasharon:
This is why it's important to filter tap water
A sieve/filter can't stop microorganisms.

1 Like

Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by DCONE1(m): 6:38pm On Feb 18, 2017
slimderek:
Commented on this just cause I can.
grin grin
hehe ME I'm Quoting you just because I CAN! grin. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by Wolexyoshi(m): 6:38pm On Feb 18, 2017
Funny generation.
Our forefathers and mothers drank not even tap water but well and stream water yet they lived long and heathier. But we wey dey drink portable treated water, iondine water, purified water and so on dey die young.

If na to go by this, I guess all of us wey dey soak garri go don die finish.... Abi you just wan imagine the rubbish wey full garri and we dey see am with our naked eyes.

1 Like

Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by Cation(m): 6:39pm On Feb 18, 2017
Airoflaw:
Hydrochloric acid help in killing some of this microorganisms in our stomach..
That's true, Nonspecific immunity.
Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by DesireBenjamin: 6:42pm On Feb 18, 2017
GeneralFeezy:
Later they will say the water is pure. Mtcheeewww
Congrats to me. First time to be on first page

Congrats bro; uve made it in life undecided
Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by TEEBLUE88(m): 6:44pm On Feb 18, 2017
God is Our sustainer
Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by fishbone11(m): 6:44pm On Feb 18, 2017
Drinking water can come from different sources namely: well water, stream water, spring water, tap water, river water, borehole water etc. Some of these sources have relatively very low quantity of microbes that are harmful to humans. But if the waters are subjected to proper purification processes, it will reduce the amount of those pathogens that can cause us harms. Proper purification matters before drinking water except sources like spring waters & borehole water which nature have done the purification for us. For borehole water, there are different layers of soil which the water passes through before getting to our storage tanks, the layers of soil help to filter & purify the water. Some of the major microbes present in water are: Salmonella spp(causes typhoid fever), Escherichia coli(causes traveller diarrhoea), cryptosporidium spp etc. Google is yr friend
Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by nkemjacob2(m): 6:46pm On Feb 18, 2017
na God dey protect us... weti our fore father dey drink na pure water abi na bottle water? yet dey live longer pass us wey dey drink oyibo water and food.

1 Like

Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by Alvin007: 6:48pm On Feb 18, 2017
I no dey drink water again o....maybe na water wey dey inside coconut Una want make we dey drink..yeye!
Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by okeowo86: 6:53pm On Feb 18, 2017
THEN WHEN WE DEY DRINK STREAM AND RIVER WATER FOR VILLAGE NKO AND NOTIN DO PERSON?
Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by mandon: 6:58pm On Feb 18, 2017
Please note that there is a difference between PORTABLE and POTABLE. I think the later should be the right word. Thanks for sharing anyway.
Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by Nauttyprof(m): 6:59pm On Feb 18, 2017
I think this is misleading in a way. The headline should be changed to maybe water claimed to be drinking water. A Potable (not portable) water is the water free from pathogens, bacteria and other contaminants which is safe for drinking.

@op, kindly take note and correct accordingly.
Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by saintdennis(m): 7:02pm On Feb 18, 2017
Oyind17:
Good to know

And they pity you!!! Since your body is used to pristine quality water...

if you ever find yourself in a situation where u gotta drink well or stream water, you're finished!

You must have skipped biology class
Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by Reference(m): 7:07pm On Feb 18, 2017
grin Even if there are Al-Qaida suicide bombers hiding in the water, I have Seal Team 6 in ma tummy.
Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by nickxtra(m): 7:16pm On Feb 18, 2017
Oyind17:
Good to know

Those that drank stream lived longer than this generation that takes pure and table water. My grand mum and his siblings lived above 90 years of age, yet stream was their source of drinking water.
Re: What Portable(drinking)water Looks Like In A Microscope by iukpe: 7:19pm On Feb 18, 2017
nutrients

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Prevent Your Cooking Gas Cylinder From Exploding At Home / Save This Child Nairalanders, Advice Me On What To Do, Please Doctors And Nurses / My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.