Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? (1625 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by Peacefullove: 2:48pm On Feb 19, 2017
smileing:

Pls i want to correct smth here;speaking in tongues is different from speaking in diverse tongues.Acts2:4[and they were filled with the holy ghost nd bgan to speak with other tongues as the spirit gave them utterance ]here,they were given d utterance to speak in diverse tongues hence there ability to stand before any nation(diverse pple)bt anoda type of tongue speaking which we call speaking in tongues(1 corint14:2)is nt d one man cn understand unless if blessed with d gift of tongue interpretation :this starts manifesting wen d spiritual antenna bcomes high as d holy spirit leads as he uttereth mysteries.howbeit,both re d gifts of d holy ghost as he is d source.moreover,they cn nt b memorized as it s nt done out of carnal conciousness(save for fake xtians who want to show off)bt all re for d ministry of christ

seems you dont comprehend well bro , speaking in TongueS is different from speaking in diverse TongueS. who is your teacher ? ... TongueS in plural indicates many . so automatically Speaking in TONgueS mean an act of speaking diverse languages or tongues . emphasis on " tongueS"
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by Gn4dw: 6:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
The Bible said for no man understands him. What does that mean to you? If you believe that the Bible or some parts of it is not correct. Then there is no point. The Nigerian or American constitution cannot be used to justify spiritual things.

1 Like

Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by smileing: 7:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
Peacefullove:

seems you dont comprehend well bro , speaking in TongueS is different from speaking in diverse TongueS. who is your teacher ? ... TongueS in plural indicates many . so automatically Speaking in TONgueS mean an act of speaking diverse languages or tongues . emphasis on " tongueS"
My dear go through the passages i gave before again..in acts,the bible recorded that they spoke in other #tongues #with the evidence that everybody in that feast heared his own language. in 1 corinthian,d bible recorded [an unknown]#tongue# which is nt that that men understand.now i added tongues# to it cos any man blessed with this gift,is blessed with his own unique form of utterance hence making the possibility of having many utterances as possible and according to my initial post,this makes it difficult to memorize .
For My teachers,they did a good job on me
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by Peacefullove: 7:28pm On Feb 19, 2017
smileing:

My dear go through the passages i gave before again..in acts,the bible recorded that they spoke in other #tongues #with the evidence that everybody in that feast heared his own language. in 1 corinthian,d bible recorded [an unknown]#tongue# which is nt that that men understand. now i added tongues# to it cos any man blessed with this gift,is blessed with his own unique form of utterance hence making the possibility of having many utterances as possible and according to my initial post,this makes it difficult to memorize .
For My teachers,they did a good job on me

Just imagine the bold , you add tongueS ( which indicates diversity or many languages itself ) because of many utterance . grin

when did MANY utterances start equating TongueS/Languages ?
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by Peacefullove: 7:47pm On Feb 19, 2017
Gn4dw:
The Bible said for no man understands him. What does that mean to you? If you believe that the Bible or some parts of it is not correct. Then there is no point. The Nigerian or American constitution cannot be used to justify spiritual things.

the same bible answers what it meant by no man understands him.

" I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets , that THE CHURCH may receive edification. "

" There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance.

Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks will be a foreigner to me "

1 Corinth 14 vs 5,10-11

clearly no man ( those in the church ) would understand him because he is speaking a foreign language , You cant be speaking Hausa in a yoruba society and expect them to understand . thats why an INTERPRETER is demanded!!!
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by smileing: 8:46pm On Feb 19, 2017
Peacefullove:

Just imagine the bold , you add tongueS ( which indicates diversity or many languages itself ) because of many utterance . grin

when did MANY utterances start equating TongueS/Languages ?
So sorry consult ur dictionary and check the meaning of tongues ..so likely u ll see many definitions;so choose the definition that best fits into my explanation.if still confused,then meet your English teacher
Still nt cleared,meet your religious leader
luck as you seek further clearification
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by Peacefullove: 11:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
smileing:

So sorry consult ur dictionary and check the meaning of tongues ..so likely u ll see many definitions;so choose the definition that best fits into my explanation.if still confused,then meet your English teacher
Still nt cleared,meet your religious leader
luck as you seek further clearification

in case you dont know or you are yet to know. the greek word rendered " Tongues " in the Bible means Languages. abracadagaticihibiviti is not a language But blabbing of Gibberish or incoherent sounds.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by smileing: 11:57pm On Feb 19, 2017
Peacefullove:

in case you dont know or you are yet to know. the greek word rendered " Tongues " in the Bible means Languages. abracadagaticihibiviti is not a language But blabbing of Gibberish or incoherent sounds.
are u a born again?did u attend a follow up class?how often do u study d scripture?do u get ur interpretation from the holyspirit?
Pls meet ur relgious leader.luck
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by Jonwesley(m): 6:57am On Feb 20, 2017
Those who argue against it are just carnal and don't know spiritual things. It require spiritual discernment to understand so says the bible. If you raised any objections, complaints, about speaking in tongues, and gift of diversity of tongues, then you are not born again. It's better you repent now and give your life to Christ. And for anyone who is is trying to confuse others, you are a stumbling block to those who want to believe. You will face judgment accordingly. Be warned. Enough of your stupidity.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by youthofnaija: 9:28am On Feb 20, 2017
Speaking in tongues is not restricted to speaking what other tribes understand.

Read the book of 1Cor 14 v 2

It says "For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries." meaning it's actually possible to speak in tongues that are not of man.

1Cor 14 v 13-14

[13] Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.

[14] For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

So it's actually possible to speak in other tongues that are not of man

1Cor 13 v 1
It reads:

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

It means that it's actually possible to speak in tongues of angels as well as tongues of men...

I rest my case
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by Peacefullove: 10:26am On Feb 20, 2017
smileing:

are u a born again?did u attend a follow up class?how often do u study d scripture?do u get ur interpretation from the holyspirit?
Pls meet ur relgious leader.luck

a sound contradicting view of my post would have been much appreciated

but as it stands , all this you wrote above are just sentiments and Emotions grin grin
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by Peacefullove: 10:42am On Feb 20, 2017
Jonwesley:
Those who argue against it are just carnal and don't know spiritual things. It require spiritual discernment to understand so says the bible. If you raised any objections, complaints, about speaking in tongues, and gift of diversity of tongues, then you are not born again. It's better you repent now and give your life to Christ. And for anyone who is is trying to confuse others, you are a stumbling block to those who want to believe. You will face judgment accordingly. Be warned. Enough of your stupidity.

Can you speak in tongues as the Apostles did in Jerusalem ?
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by Peacefullove: 1:04pm On Feb 20, 2017
youthofnaija:
Speaking in tongues is not restricted to speaking what other tribes understand.

Read the book of 1Cor 14 v 2

It says "For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries." meaning it's actually possible to speak in tongues that are not of man.

1Cor 14 v 13-14

[13] Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.

[14] For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

So it's actually possible to speak in other tongues that are not of man

that a language ( tongue) is unknown to the hearers simply means its a foreign language.
NOT gibberish

"
For the person who speaks in a foreign language is not actually speaking to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands him, because he is talking about secrets by the Spirit. " 1 Corinthians 14 vs 2 ISV

[/quote]

1Cor 13 v 1
It reads:

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

It means that it's actually possible to speak in tongues of angels as well as tongues of men...

I rest my case

Angels speak many times in The Bible and not even once was it observed that they were making meaningless sounds . rather they speak what can be understood. So never compare with this Modern day Church nonsense Bro.

1 Corinthians 13 New International Version (NIV)

1. If i speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

2. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

3. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Notice all the underlined, You dont want to tell me Paul have all knowledge or give ALL his possession to the poor , do you? so why conclude the phrase tongue of angel is authoritative ?

@ Galatians 1:8 he made the same kind of comparison

" But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. "

does it mean Angels actually approach men to preach ?

grab the logic . its an hyperbole

-----

some years after the Jerusalem event of speaking in tongues, Cornelius a roman soldeir joined the Christian community and spoke in tongues . did he speak gibberish or Meaningful Languages of men ? Act 11 vs 15 says it happened exactly as it did the apostles. How come yours is now different ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re:Is God Really Worth Forgiving, Let's Take A Look At Crimes He Committed Part1 / Pastor Chris And Benny Hinn Launches Loveworld USA / Islamization: London Closes 500 Churches; Opens 423 New Mosques

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.