Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,062 members, 7,956,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:46 AM

Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today (21895 Views)

Segun Arinze Celebrates 54th Birthday With New Pictures / Ali Baba Celebrates His 54th Birthday In Style, shares adorable Photos / Tony Umez Celebrates His 54th Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by AreaFada2: 10:26am On Feb 19, 2017
twilliamx:
Hbd scarface
Dude, never mock people with their medical condition.

Seal has Discoid Lupus Erythematosus (DLE) causing scaring above the neck.

He also lost his once luxuriantly thick hair to DLE.

Another common type of Lupus is the systemic type called SLE, that even makes some people to need kidney transplant with time.

4 Likes

Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by StOla: 10:27am On Feb 19, 2017
AlexCk:
Kiss from the rose

I think his song was used as a soundtrack for that batman and Robin film(george clooney) that 1 that had Arnold Schwarzenegger as the bad guy doctor freeze.

Na that movie i hear that song,
Choi, that time na channels dem dey show d movie at most one sunday a month when i was very little grin wink

So true about the Channels TV frequent feature in 1998.

However, the Batman flick that feature the soundtrack was Batman Forever (as already stated in the post). Val Kilmer acted as Batman.

3 Likes

Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by KillJoy62(m): 10:29am On Feb 19, 2017
AlexCk:
Kiss from the rose

I think his song was used as a soundtrack for that batman and Robin film(george clooney) that 1 that had Arnold Schwarzenegger as the bad guy doctor freeze.

Na that movie i hear that song,
Choi, that time na channels dem dey show d movie at most one sunday a month when i was very little grin wink
not dat batman acted by clonney, but valkiman, nd d bad guys wer 2face nd raddler dats Tommy Lee Jones nd jim carey. love seals music but my favorite is d one he did wit carlos santana u are my kind. happy birthday seal.
Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by Gozzzy(m): 10:33am On Feb 19, 2017
kissed by a rose..... that song is dope... no song has been able to beat it over the years.

2 Likes

Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by hopefulLandlord: 10:33am On Feb 19, 2017
Berbierklaus:
Wow,he used to be quite handsome in his younger days grin

His songs are lit,indomie children generation won't know him grin

what "songs" were lit?

he's a one hit Wonder

"Kiss from a rose" is all he's known for

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by laplace19(m): 10:35am On Feb 19, 2017
"To me you're like a growing addiction that I can't deny, won't you tell me is that healthy, baby? grin. ... kiss from a rose

Happy birthday Seal

1 Like

Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by martineverest(m): 10:39am On Feb 19, 2017
'kiss from a rose'
'u are my kind' ft carlos santana

there was a rumour that he removed yoruba tribal mark,which left the scar on his face.he said he had a sickness
Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by ettybaba(m): 10:40am On Feb 19, 2017
Never knew he's a Nigerian.
Happy birthday sir.

2 Likes

Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by AlexCk: 10:41am On Feb 19, 2017
KillJoy62:
not dat batman acted by clonney, but valkiman, nd d bad guys wer 2face nd raddler dats Tommy Lee Jones nd jim carey. love seals music but my favorite is d one he did wit carlos santana u are my kind. happy birthday seal.

StOla:

However, the Batman flick that feature the soundtrack was Batman Forever (as already stated in the post). Val Kilmer acted as Batman.

Ooh, hehehe,
Thanks jare, i don mistake am for previous one, i didn't notice twas stated in the post tho.
Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by martineverest(m): 10:44am On Feb 19, 2017
AreaFada2:

Dude, never mock people with their medical condition.

Seal has Discoid Lupus Erythematosus (DLE) causing causing scaring above the neck.

He also lost his once luxuriantly thick hair to DLE.

Another common type of Lupus is the systemic type called SLE, that even makes some people to need kidney transplant with time.
some said he had yoruba tribal mark.the scar came when he removed it and used disease to cover up
Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by Onechancearmy(m): 10:46am On Feb 19, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

he's a one hit Wonder

"Kiss from a rose" is all he's known for

So his songs like "Fly Like An Eagle", " Human Beings", "Prayer For The Dying" etc makes him a one hit wonder? 30 million records sold and 4 Grammy awards won also make him a one hit wonder?

1 Like

Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by luminouz(m): 10:50am On Feb 19, 2017
Berbierklaus:

I guess ur d spaghetti generation?
Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by AreaFada2: 10:59am On Feb 19, 2017
martineverest:
some said he had yoruba tribal mark.the scar came when he removed it and used disease to cover up

Haba!

Seal was brought up by foster parents in London, not even by his Yoruba mum. He was also born in London. So where did he get Yoruba tribal marks from?

2 Likes

Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by salawustyles(m): 11:02am On Feb 19, 2017
kiss from a rose
Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by martineverest(m): 11:13am On Feb 19, 2017
StOla:

batman and jiumangi were channels best movies
Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by hollywater: 11:18am On Feb 19, 2017
Berbierklaus:

But Aunty oo,you are looking like indomie generation from your pic! Or are you among the forever young generation?
Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by Berbierklaus(f): 11:21am On Feb 19, 2017
hollywater:
But Aunty oo,you are looking like indomie generation from your pic! Or are you among the forever young generation?
Yelz ke grin

1 Like

Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by Rick9(m): 11:34am On Feb 19, 2017
E na Seal be dis, my first time of seeing him though
Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by Burgerlomo: 11:43am On Feb 19, 2017
HBD Seal
Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by victorazy(m): 11:55am On Feb 19, 2017
Notime4drama:
I only know kiss from the rose

Ur missing! grin

U better go buy his album and Lema Obika.

1 Like

Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by hopefulLandlord: 12:07pm On Feb 19, 2017
Onechancearmy:

So his songs like "Fly Like An Eagle", " Human Beings", "Prayer For The Dying" etc makes him a one hit wonder? 30 million records sold and 4 Grammy awards won also make him a one hit wonder?

you're not talking to a novice here bro

"Fly like an eagle" was NOT Seal's song

Steve Miller Band released the song in 1976 and Seal "Covered" it in 1997

as for "Song for the dying"; while good wasn't much of a hit because it didn't get anywhere close to the height " Kiss from a rose" did

when people these days hear the name "Seal", Kiss from a Rose is what comes to mind for a reason
Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by anonimi: 12:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
Gozzzy:
kissed by a rose..... that song is dope... no song has been able to beat it over the years.

Kiss from a rose, you mean
Always pay attention to everything.
Details matter.
Cheers.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160990_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

1 Like

Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by walosky(m): 12:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
Ugly guy with a sonorous voice

HBD Mr Seal!
Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by teetee123: 12:42pm On Feb 19, 2017
ettybaba:
Never knew he's a Nigerian.
Happy birthday sir.

Brazilian father and Nigerian mother
Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by RaeMystix: 1:29pm On Feb 19, 2017
sotall:
like this guy's song titled " kiss from a rose"
Also listen to his songs "Amazing and crazy"
Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by martinsfm(m): 2:26pm On Feb 19, 2017
Berbierklaus:

ure actually the indomie generation pikin...he already had all those scars when he came to limelight... get ur facts right
Re: Seal (musician) Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today by Berbierklaus(f): 2:42pm On Feb 19, 2017
martinsfm:
ure actually the indomie generation pikin...he already had all those scars when he came to limelight... get ur facts right
Grandpa I don't think I mentioned anything about his scars though embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fatai Rolling Dollar Buried In Lagos / "Music Is Not What I Do, It's What I Am" - Flavour [Photos] / Checkout Toke Makinwa's New Hairstyle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.