Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,151 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency (2811 Views)

Nigeria Now Has A Twitter Handle...See Reactions / Nigeria Says It's World 2nd Largest Rice Producer. Facts Disagree (pictorial) / Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by MissEdified(f): 3:26pm On Feb 19, 2017
Nigeria is now the second largest rice producer in the world, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, has proclaimed.

He said this at a special interactive session with the youths organized by Citizens Support for Good Governance in Nigeria (SGGN) in Abuja during the weekend.

“No country will develop when you have to import virtually everything, including tooth pick and tissue paper. All the food we eat in this country was being imported. So, all of the money earned was just going to buy food.

“But as I speak to you now, Nigeria just achieved the record of the second largest producer of rice in the world. The rice revolution just started a year ago. Some of you from Nasarawa know the kind of things going on there. A newspaper did an investigation in Kebbi and they found out that there were 48,000 new millionaires in Kebbi state alone last year for growing rice.

“This over-reliance on oil has killed this country and we cannot continue like this. So, the diversification of the economy means more money will be in the hands of ordinary Nigerians. And there will be widespread prosperity all over the country.”

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/02/nigeria-now-2nd-largest-rice-producer.html

cc lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2017
Is it that stone rice that is called abakailiki rice?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by Epositive(m): 3:30pm On Feb 19, 2017
'
Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by ImadeUReadThis: 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2017
So Nigeria has now overtaking India, Malaysia, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Thailand, Japan and even the USA?

I laff.

How can kebbi rice production in one year surpass rice production for Asian countries knowing fully well their population and rice being their staple food?

This lie resembles that same lie spewed by El Rufai that Kaduna has more gold than South Africa.

Just like the saying goes, there is more gold being mined in the minds of men than there can be in the ground.

Make una dey softly lie abeg

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by slimthugchimee(m): 3:32pm On Feb 19, 2017
they should stop decieving themselves undecided

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by SweetyZinta(f): 3:33pm On Feb 19, 2017
Lol

I am a believer ooo
Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by optional1(f): 3:33pm On Feb 19, 2017
stone rice no2
we are going somewhere

it is well

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by Qmerit(m): 3:33pm On Feb 19, 2017
A milestone I must say!
Without war no peace.
Cry less we shall see success in due course.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by libertyfather(m): 3:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
If I hear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by maverickdude(m): 3:38pm On Feb 19, 2017
Scammers cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by Tycike: 3:38pm On Feb 19, 2017
On paper.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by Thecassanova: 3:39pm On Feb 19, 2017
I smell lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by Jostico: 3:40pm On Feb 19, 2017
grin Nigerians and wiyo even in nairaland
Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by Emycord: 3:40pm On Feb 19, 2017
The propagander continues hope its not from the minister of lies

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by wtfCode: 3:40pm On Feb 19, 2017
And people are dying of hunger everday angry

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by DonEd(m): 3:41pm On Feb 19, 2017
What a joke!

I laugh in Japanese.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by ImadeUReadThis: 3:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
DonEd:
What a joke!

I laugh in Japanese.

Very soon they will say Nigeria has even surpassed China.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by darknetcom: 3:44pm On Feb 19, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:
So Nigeria has now overtaking India, Malaysia, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Thailand?

I laff.

This lie resembles that same lie spewed by El Rufai that Kaduna has more gold than South Africa.

Just like the saying goes, there is more gold being mined in the minds of men than there can be in the ground.

Make una dey softly lie abeg

you are soo strange...why are you still in nigeria??..

for what??..

migrate to europe..

go bother the europeans...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by freeze001(f): 3:45pm On Feb 19, 2017
How did he come about his figures? In fact what country does he think is d largest rice producer before Nigeria as second largest according to him? How do these louts just manufacture data from Aso rock n then announce to their gullible zombies as fact? What we're the terms of reference for the calculation and subsequent outcome of rice production? What international organisation has released this data? Na wa o!

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by darknetcom: 3:46pm On Feb 19, 2017
una believed jonathan that nigeria is giant of africa..

but common rice una no believe...
Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by Oblitz(m): 3:46pm On Feb 19, 2017
Can this be true?
Biggest lie of the century.
Check out this link.....we're not even in the first ten
https://www.worldriceproduction.com/

http://www.trendingtopmost.com/worlds-popular-list-top-10/2017-2018-2019-2020-2021/world/largest-rice-producing-countries-world/

This contraption called Nigeria....This yahoo yahoo government sef.........they can lie........

Abegi check this track wey I use phone produce...........abeg make una encourage me.........

https://www.nairaland.com/3633747/full-music-produced-mobile-phone

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by darknetcom: 3:49pm On Feb 19, 2017
freeze001:
How did he come about his figures? In fact what country does he think is d largest rice producer before Nigeria as second largest according to him? How do these louts just manufacture data from Aso rock n then announce to their gullible zombies as fact? What we're the terms of reference for the calculation and subsequent outcome of rice production? What international organisation gas released this data? Na wa o!

because we have worldwide info who produces what..

i know germans are export winners in 2016...

what una even know sef of the rest of the world than dollars,bleaching cremes and condoms..??..

nothing...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by bitcoininvesto(m): 3:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
Garba, why have u decided to take over from Lie Mohd?

It seems everybody now knows Lie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by darknetcom: 3:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
Oblitz:
Can this be true?

could be...

but i dont think the fg will lie and loose face in 2weeks...
Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by EdCure: 3:52pm On Feb 19, 2017
It is commendable that we are growing towards food sufficiency.
But i take most reports coming from the presidency with a large grain of salt.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by freeze001(f): 3:53pm On Feb 19, 2017
darknetcom:

because we have worldwide info who produces what..

i know germans are export winners in 2016...

what una even know sef of the rest of the world than dollars,bleaching cremes and condoms..??..

nothing...

Can we see that worldwide information of production? Include production data of bleaching creams and condoms please so I can crosscheck n verify my own info.
Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by Douglaufuoma(m): 3:54pm On Feb 19, 2017
second largest producer and rice is still perk at 22-27k for a bag. hmm, don't blow your trumpet allow the market and the ordinary citizens on the street say it
Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by freeze001(f): 3:54pm On Feb 19, 2017
EdCure:
I take anything coming from the presidency with a large grain of salt.

Batter to take it with a bag of salt, that way u are not caught unawares and u don't get ur hands dirty cos you'll need to take on loads of grains along with their 'press releases'. undecided
Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by darknetcom: 3:55pm On Feb 19, 2017
freeze001:

Can we see that worldwide information of production? Include production data of bleaching creams and condoms please so I can crosscheck n verify my own info.

i dont have time for this...

lets wait two weeks,if the fg lied it will come out...
Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by freeze001(f): 3:57pm On Feb 19, 2017
darknetcom:

i dont have time for this...

lets wait two weeks,if the fg lied it will come out...

Really? I thought u had information? So I've to actually wait 2 weeks to verify information from the government? Make una take am easy for dis una defenders work o!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by darknetcom: 3:57pm On Feb 19, 2017
Douglaufuoma:
second largest producer and rice is still perk at 22-27k for a bag. hmm, don't blow your trumpet allow the market and the ordinary citizens on the street say it

that wonders me too..

why is the price still so high...

the distrubutors are either cheating us or someone is too greedy to adjust the price...

rice millionars..

they are selling everything abroad and not to nigerians.. : undecided
Re: Nigeria Now 2nd Largest Rice Producer In The World- Presidency by darknetcom: 3:59pm On Feb 19, 2017
freeze001:

Really? I thought u had information? So I've to actually wait 2 weeks to verify information from the government? Make una take am easy for dis una defenders work o!

girl...i dont have time...

nigerians and their corrupt nature piss me off...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

And Festus Keyamo Got Destroyed By His Own Tweets / AY, Clint Return N10m, Shun Rally For NDDC MD / Lagos State To Inagurate Drug Dealer As Chairman Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.