Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth (1246 Views)

Ibrahim Tumsah Musa: The Most Corrupt Civil Servant, Richer Than 4 Governors / PIB: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Listed As Host Communities / Opinion: Most Corrupt States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by mperostar: 6:52pm On Feb 19, 2017
Nigeria, the most populated country in Africa, is perceived to be the most corrupt among 60 corrupt countries evaluated, according to data from the 2016 Best Countries rankings. The rankings are a characterization of 60 countries based on a survey of more than 16,000 people from four regions.

The USNews reports that in the survey, respondents answered how closely they related each of the 60 countries to the term "corrupt."

Respondents were given no further specifications of the term, so interpretation of the word "corrupt" was left to survey respondents.

Russia, seen as the second-most powerful country in the world, is also seen as the sixth most corrupt.

Meanwhile, Colombia – a country synonymous with illegal drug kingpins like Pablo Escobar – gives Nigeria a run for its money as the second most corrupt country, based on perception.

Read the rest here: http://www.maestroperostar.com/2017/02/oh-no-nigeria-listed-as-most-corrupt.html

Re: Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 6:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
y that oh no....
and also
na 2017 we dey not 2016
Re: Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
Corruption don give baba knock out punchgrin

1 Like

Re: Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by tolugar: 6:57pm On Feb 19, 2017
Good at least we re leading one thing
Re: Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by Jessicaseth(f): 6:58pm On Feb 19, 2017
We can change. We will change. Pray for a greater Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 19, 2017
tolugar:
Good at least we re leading one thing
Re: Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 19, 2017
Even when the saint Buhari is in power?

Let me not say what's on my mind, because if I do, zombies will just find way to eliminate me.
Re: Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by mperostar: 7:05pm On Feb 19, 2017
ABIOLAXYZ:
y that oh no....

and also

na 2017 we dey not 2016

That Oh No, shock me jare! How can Nigeria be most corrupt in the entire world ... Na lie jare
Re: Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by Bossontop(m): 7:08pm On Feb 19, 2017
I tot a certain baba was already fighting kwarufsion....just asking ooo

Re: Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by SalamRushdie: 7:09pm On Feb 19, 2017
Jessicaseth:

I saw you at the beach
Re: Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by spartan117(m): 7:10pm On Feb 19, 2017
It is well
Re: Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by Monalisa185(f): 7:17pm On Feb 19, 2017
and who's surprised?
Re: Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by greatgod2012(f): 7:28pm On Feb 19, 2017
mperostar:

That Oh No, shock me jare! How can Nigeria be most corrupt in the entire world ... Na lie jare

My brother, no be lie!

Almost everyone in this country is corrupt! Our leaders are corrupt, the followers are also corrupt. Go to any ministry or commission with the aim of getting something done, if you don't know how to tip,they'll so frustrate you till you start boiling.

Look at our law enforcement agents, those ones are something else when corruption is mentioned.

Teachers/lecturers collect bribe from their students to pass them.

Even the students are looking forward to give bribe to attain higher grade!

Judges collect bribe to turn cases upside down!
Even among religious institutions, corruption is not far, if "younger" pastors do not "take care" of their senior pastors, they won't be transferred to a "fertile ground"!

Even in hospitals, you have to bribe some nurses before they can attend promptly to you or your loved ones!

Unfortunately, they've so baptized the word bribery with so many other sweet names like.. .....PR, sowing seed, errand fee, working money and so on!

In fact, I'm afraid of this country with the way corruption is well accepted by so many.

No wonder things are not as they're suppose to be in the country because it is righteousness that exalts a nation but sin is a reproach to the nation!

May God heal this country!

1 Like

Re: Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by AceRoyal: 8:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
PMB is working!tongue
Re: Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by djeasy(m): 8:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
chai... And BUHARI IS FIGHTING CORRUPTION
Re: Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by basilo102: 8:28pm On Feb 19, 2017
discerning minds already saw the corruption fight the charade it is
Re: Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by mperostar: 9:18pm On Feb 19, 2017
greatgod2012:

My brother, no be lie!

Almost everyone in this country is corrupt! Our leaders are corrupt, the followers are also corrupt. Go to any ministry or commission with the aim of getting something done, if you don't know how to tip,they'll so frustrate you till you start boiling.

Look at our law enforcement agents, those ones are something else when corruption is mentioned.

Teachers/lecturers collect bribe from their students to pass them.

Even the students are looking forward to give bribe to attain higher grade!

Judges collect bribe to turn cases upside down!
Even among religious institutions, corruption is not far, if "younger" pastors do not "take care" of their senior pastors, they won't be transferred to a "fertile ground"!

Even in hospitals, you have to bribe some nurses before they can attend promptly to you or your loved ones!

Unfortunately, they've so baptized the word bribery with so many other sweet names like.. .....PR, sowing seed, errand fee, working money and so on!

In fact, I'm afraid of this country with the way corruption is well accepted by so many.

No wonder things are not as they're suppose to be in the country because it is righteousness that exalts a nation but sin is a reproach to the nation!

May God heal this country!

Choi! I use very cold water step down after reading this your piece ... God will help us and have mercy on US!
Re: Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 10:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
mperostar:

u are funny
Re: Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by Azeequeen(f): 11:25pm On Feb 19, 2017
Don't tell us what we already know
To get party jollof gan self,corruption don join am
Re: Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by OreMI22: 3:25am On Feb 20, 2017
Buhari will enter history as the Worst Hypocrite in Nigerian history that merely paid lip service to anti-corruption used as a political tool against his enemies, while his friends were given the freedom to loot the country as they liked.
Re: Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by Fuqman(m): 6:07am On Feb 20, 2017
Jessicaseth:
Prayers don't build nation but, hard work, justice and proactive leadership.
Re: Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by NeedGiftcards(m): 6:19am On Feb 20, 2017
Iz nothing..shout out to the keyboard warriors...una labour is not in vain o..na hin we dey see so..

Meanwhile, If you have Amazon and iTunes gift cards for sale..I'm interested. Check my signature to contact me
Re: Oh No! Nigeria Listed As The Most Corrupt Country On Earth by Arielle: 8:37am On Feb 20, 2017
Well deserved. Both rulers and followers are irredeemably corrupt. There is no kind of leader that can save a people who wallow and revel in corrupt practices, greed, selfishness, callousness, hypocrisy and an incredible capacity for self - deception. We are clinging and hanging on with bloody finger nails, pointing sullied fingers of guilt at each other, while we pretend not to notice or care about the opprobrium, scorn and derision with which we are regarded worldwide. Nobody can fix our rotting society for us. Buhari cannot perform magic, Jonathan couldn't. Neither could any of the insincere, dishonest, self-centered and callous rulers that came before them. While we the followers continue to reflect those very same characteristics that have brought us to this sorry state of affairs, any redemption for this country is a mirage at best. The blinders of political hypocrisy, ethnic and tribal sentiments, 'Religiousity' and greed have been firmly fixed over our eyes and have colored our collective consciousness. Maybe when Nigeria finally implodes, like a phoenix, she will rise up again, sadder, bruised and battered but wiser. Unfortunately by then we would all have been destroyed along with her: APC, PDP, North, South, East and west, Christian or Muslim alike.

(1) (Reply)

Senate On Vengeance After Nigerian Customs Seized Saraki’s Bulletproof Car / PHOTOS: Fresh DSS Report Against Acting EFCC Chairman, Ibrahim Magu / The Need To Protect The History Of The Igbo Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.