Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,639 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:49 AM

Supporting Ali Sheriff “only way” to Save PDP from Destruction – Ben Bruce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supporting Ali Sheriff “only way” to Save PDP from Destruction – Ben Bruce (668 Views)

I Left APC As A Member, Got To PDP And Became National President - Ali Sheriff / "How APC Removed PDP From Power" - Oyegun / Ben Bruce:'I Am Supporting Ali Modu Sheriff As PDP Chairman'.See Reactions(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supporting Ali Sheriff “only way” to Save PDP from Destruction – Ben Bruce by masterpiece86: 6:57am On Feb 20, 2017
Respect for the court ruling that affirmed Ali Sheriff as the authentic chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party is the “only way” to salvage Nigeria’s troubled opposition party, Ben Bruce has said.
Mr. Bruce, a PDP Senator from Bayelsa State, disclosed his position on the party’s leadership crisis during the weekend via a one-paragraph statement sent to PREMIUM TIMES.
The Port Harcourt Division of the Court of Appeal had on Friday annulled the May 21, 2016 national convention that gave birth to the national caretaker committee led by Ahmad Makarfi, a former Kaduna Governor, and backed by the PDP Governors’ Forum and Board of Trustees.
The Makarfi faction has opposed the ruling, indicating intention to head to the Supreme Court.
“I am supporting Ali Modu Sheriff because it is the only way to preserve the party,” said Mr. Bruce, adding that: “We will work with Ali Modu Sheriff and go to a convention.”
“Right now, PDP is on a course towards destruction and abiding by the judgement of the court is the only thing that can save us.”
PDP lost Nigeria’s presidential election in 2015 after 16 years of control.
Since its fall, the party has failed to offer serious opposition to the All Progressives Congress government of Muhammadu Buhari, leaving civil society organisations, activists and concerned citizens – with the power of social media – to offer criticisms amid worsening economic crisis and cases of deadly violence like the killings in Southern Kaduna and Agatu, Benue State.
“I therefore call an end to the fighting. And I am supporting Ali Modu Sheriff because it is the only way to preserve the party. Right now, what Nigeria has is a one-party state – there is no opposition. Enough is enough. The is the time for PDP to unite, we are a formidable force!
“The current bickering is childish and irrelevant. I am not in support of anymore litigation,” said Mr. Bruce.
The Sheriff faction also has the backing of Buruji Kashamu, a fugitive Senator from Ogun State.
The Makarfi faction has slated for Monday, a meeting at the International Conference Centre to discuss “crucial party matters” in the wake of the ruling that went against its leadership.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/223943-supporting-ali-sheriff-only-way-to-save-pdp-from-destruction-ben-bruce.html
Re: Supporting Ali Sheriff “only way” to Save PDP from Destruction – Ben Bruce by stevealibi: 7:02am On Feb 20, 2017
Bruce u no well
Re: Supporting Ali Sheriff “only way” to Save PDP from Destruction – Ben Bruce by searchng4love: 7:02am On Feb 20, 2017
This man should learn to keep quiet when knowledgeable people are talking
Re: Supporting Ali Sheriff “only way” to Save PDP from Destruction – Ben Bruce by Etzakoos(m): 7:03am On Feb 20, 2017
Okay.....I Promise U PDP Will Divide In D Next Few Month
Re: Supporting Ali Sheriff “only way” to Save PDP from Destruction – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 7:07am On Feb 20, 2017
Sheriff my Nieger
Re: Supporting Ali Sheriff “only way” to Save PDP from Destruction – Ben Bruce by sarrki(m): 7:09am On Feb 20, 2017
Life chairman

We stand with sheriff

#standwithsheriff
Re: Supporting Ali Sheriff “only way” to Save PDP from Destruction – Ben Bruce by sarrki(m): 7:10am On Feb 20, 2017
searchng4love:
This man should learn to keep quiet when knowledgeable people are talking

He's Mr common sense

He a leader also
Re: Supporting Ali Sheriff “only way” to Save PDP from Destruction – Ben Bruce by sarrki(m): 7:10am On Feb 20, 2017
stevealibi:
Bruce u no well

He's mentally and physically fit
Re: Supporting Ali Sheriff “only way” to Save PDP from Destruction – Ben Bruce by searchng4love: 7:12am On Feb 20, 2017
sarrki:

He's Mr common sense

He a leader also
Of?
Re: Supporting Ali Sheriff “only way” to Save PDP from Destruction – Ben Bruce by madridguy(m): 7:17am On Feb 20, 2017
Sheriff my hero grin Sheriff till 2019
Re: Supporting Ali Sheriff “only way” to Save PDP from Destruction – Ben Bruce by Goke7: 7:25am On Feb 20, 2017
Na people like Ben Bruce go kill PDP kpatakpata. grin
Re: Supporting Ali Sheriff “only way” to Save PDP from Destruction – Ben Bruce by Mynd44: 7:40am On Feb 20, 2017
Re: Supporting Ali Sheriff “only way” to Save PDP from Destruction – Ben Bruce by sarrki(m): 7:43am On Feb 20, 2017
searchng4love:

Of?

Your great party
Re: Supporting Ali Sheriff “only way” to Save PDP from Destruction – Ben Bruce by searchng4love: 7:45am On Feb 20, 2017
sarrki:

Your great party
You assume too much. I am just a patriot.
Re: Supporting Ali Sheriff “only way” to Save PDP from Destruction – Ben Bruce by sarrki(m): 8:07am On Feb 20, 2017
searchng4love:

You assume too much. I am just a patriot.

Really

That's Good

(1) (Reply)

Stop calling Nigeria ‘Naija’, NOA appeals / Time To Question The Pot Bellied Amaechi’s Sanity By Reno Omokri / Half Of The Rising Sun....the Biafran Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.