Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,916 members, 7,956,440 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:02 PM

The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User (44174 Views)

You Won't Believe This Twitter User's Midnight Experience At A Bar / Twitter User Blasted For Making Fun Of Young Man That Asked For Money / "Don't Come Eating At My Wedding Uninvited": Check This Reply By A Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by felaismyhero(m): 8:17pm On Feb 20, 2017
symbianDON:
the level of hunger in the land ehnnnn!! see epistle just to describe how he managed to hustle one plate of rice in a wedding reception grin na wa o!! so the guests at the wedding weren't there for the couple....they were there for the rice....and when it took forever to arrive they became pained and annoyed!! chaaiiii!! hungerbad
why are u guys just so hypocritical,u wanna tell me food is not on ur mind when u going to a wedding,birthday,or inaugral lecture.this one has nothing to do with hunger.celebrations go with eating and drinking,except if the celebrant is broke.

3 Likes

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ngokafor:

......Who is a bros and who is old??...Nonsense!..I guess the meaning of 'shameless' has taken a new meaning...I should be ashamed for serving you drinks with rice and meat(meat you complain is small)..while an adult like you crying 'for big meat ' like a refugee shouldnt??

...Poverty mentality is those who cry about not being given a whole cow in the name of entertainment...yes drinks are enough,if you are not happy go and cook at home and eat..Its not like food are not even served anyway but your long throats wants 'big meat and chicken' ..Talk about too much greed undecided....

...There is nothing to copy from those who borrow to throw parties,its only an iddiot who will get into debts to throw a party...what sort of silly mentality us that??

...And yes gate-crashing parties is your culture...

I can see I'm actually trying to make sense to a toddler. Attend a Yoruba party first before blabbing at the mouth. Even your people know there's class when they attend one. I'm sure you've been hearing too otherwise you won't be so bitter that someone is sharing his experience of your parties online.

You know your parties are hunger-stricken and guests go home with torn clothes and swollen lips as they struggle for a plate of rice in an attempt to not starve. Some people are saying why not go home and eat. So people that travelled should travel all the way back before they can eat something.

Why not put it on the invite that guests should bring their own food since you're not gracious enough to consider their comfort. That way we'll all know that we are going for a love feast where each guest brings his food to share with the less privileged celebrant.

Nobody gets into debts here. We have a strong family support where everybody chips in because we believe in standing together and CELEBRATING together. So wherever you got that trash from, send it back to them that it's counterfeit information.

Poverty mentality while trying to show off that you have something to boast about is your stock in trade. Spraying money and serving high priced spirits while guests look on, stomach rumbling and wondering when the darn party's gonna end so they can go find something to eat.

A party without food! That's a first. You guys must enjoy doing things upside down.

7 Likes

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Ngokafor(f): 8:43pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ioannes:

I can see I'm actually trying to make sense to a toddler. Attend a Yoruba party first before blabbing at the mouth. Even your people know there's class when they attend one. I'm sure you've been hearing too otherwise you won't be so bitter that someone is sharing his experience of your parties online.

You know your parties are hunger-stricken and guests go home with torn clothes and swollen lips as they struggle for a plate of rice in an attempt to not starve. Some people are saying why not go home and eat. So people that travelled should travel all the way back before they can eat something.

Why not put it on the invite that guests should bring their own food since you're not gracious enough to consider their comfort. That way we'll all know that we are going for a love feast where each guest brings his food to share with the less privileged celebrant.

Nobody gets into debts here. We have a strong family support where everybody chips in because we believe in standing together and CELEBRATING together. So wherever you got that trash from, send it back to them that it's counterfeit information.

Poverty mentality while trying to show off that you have something to boast about is your stock in trade. Spraying money and serving high priced spirits while guests look on, stomach rumbling and wondering when the darn party's gonna end so they can go find something to eat.

A party without food! That's a first. You guys must enjoy doing things upside down.

...All this wailing because of food.why are you splashing spittle all over this thread and on me??.unfortunately,i didnt bother to read your hunger-induced epistle because i sensed that they will be nothing but a mix of beer-parlour gossip,out-right lies riddled with megalomanic disposition....You lots just love to conjure craps in your heads for nothing.

..You can continue quoting me to display your hunger but iam done with this useless back and forth...

1 Like

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ngokafor:

...All this wailing because of food.why are you splashing spittle all over this thread and on me??.unfortunately,i didnt bother to read your hunger-induced epistle because i sensed that they will be nothing but a mix of beer-parlour gossip,out-right lies riddled with megalomanic disposition....You lots just love to conjure craps in your heads for nothing.

..You can continue quoting me to display your hunger but iam done with this useless back and forth...

Sounds like you're getting tired. I'm just warming up. You should think twice before composing a poem of lamentation all over Nairaland.

It's not Yoruba people that made you so poor that you can't afford to host a decent party. So next time you deem it fit to type crap about the Yoruba people better ask yourself if you can defend it.

You'll be doing yourself a favor by reading my earlier post. It contains a wonderful piece of advice on what to do to stop hosting embarrassing parties. I'm sure you've never hosted a party in your life, but I'm sure you will one day and we don't want to hear that your guests actually slapped themselves over food at your wedding. tongue

Now toddle off to bed junior, it's way past your bedtime.

5 Likes

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Ngokafor(f): 9:00pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ioannes:

Sounds like you're getting tired. I'm just warming up. You should think twice before composing a poem of lamentation all over Nairaland.

It's not Yoruba people that made you so poor that you can't afford to host a decent party. So next time you deem it fit to type crap about the Yoruba people better ask yourself if you can defend it.

You'll be doing yourself a favor by reading my earlier post. It contains a wonderful piece of advice on what to do to stop hosting embarrassing parties. I'm sure you've never hosted a party in your life, but I'm sure you will one day and we don't want to hear that your guests actually slapped themselves over food at your wedding. tongue

Now toddle off to bed junior, it's way past your bedtime.

.....You are just warming up??..what an idle dolt..You can keep stacking up debts to host parties..Agbaya.

1 Like

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ngokafor:

.....You are just warming up??..what an idle dolt..You can keep stacking up debts to host parties..Agbaya.

I'm disappointed in you. You lost steam midway. What happened? Your points no longer holding up under severe scrutiny?

If I'm an agbaya, then you're an omode ise. I know you don't know the meaning, so don't even bother.

Go and sleep now, will you.

2 Likes

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by DonCortino: 9:06pm On Feb 20, 2017
Kagawa10:

Why would you go to a wedding to stay 2 hrs without food?

Is something wrong with you?

Long throat!

No go chop for ur house, dey find free food upandan.
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Kagawa10: 9:12pm On Feb 20, 2017
DonCortino:

Long throat!

No go chop for ur house, dey find free food upandan.

Why invite plenty guests in the first place if you knew you couldn't afford it? Uncultured church rat!

As a matter of fact, no friends of mine visit and stay for 1-2 hours without being fed let alone a celebration. That's how to treat guests in our culture. I aint surprised you don't know this though.

3 Likes

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by DonCortino: 9:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
Kagawa10:

Why invite plenty guests in the first place if you knew you couldn't afford it? Uncultured church rat!

As a matter of fact, no friends of mine visit and stay for 1-2 hours without being fed let alone a celebration. That's how to treat guests in our culture. I aint surprised you don't know this though.

Long throat! Just talk say the recession hunga don hook u. grin
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by YonkijiSappo: 9:26pm On Feb 20, 2017
Handsomecole:
I've been to both Igbo and Yoruba wedding receptions. One thing I know for sure is that in Yoruba weddings food is usually surplus amd they don't discriminate whether you are "mo gbo mo branch" one reason is that Yoruba foods are cheap to prepare unlike Igbo foods.

In Igbo weddings the meat is very small unlike yoruba weddings which you have bigger meats in Igbo weddings drinks most especially beer is very very surplus that I can boldly attest to .
So it's a matter of choice when next you attend a wedding party or any other party be sharp and calculate ahead when it's time to share food. Make friends with the servers, be ready to flip seats or better still keep two seats at a time one in front row and other in back row cos u can never tell where food will ist be served.
Normally at parties make the servers of drinks and food are usually different make friends with both of them, and promise both servers that you are gonna get them both if they serve you. I.E: collect drink from a server get ur food from another sever and give the drink to the food server and vice versa after such gesture u'll get anything u want from the servers.
Dress very well I recommend traditional infact more than the invited and never beg for food at parties use commanding tone to the servers if they attempt to misbehave threaten them.
I rem back then at school friends loved sitting with me at parties cos they know they will not only eat but eat double.
Never settle for "there is rice but no meat'' it's crazy. grin

So to you, the meal that has more meat is the cheaper one to prepare?
some people sef, lol.
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by symbianDON(m): 9:28pm On Feb 20, 2017
felaismyhero:
why are u guys just so hypocritical,u wanna tell me food is not on ur mind when u going to a wedding,birthday,or inaugral lecture.this one has nothing to do with hunger.celebrations go with eating and drinking,except if the celebrant is broke.
I don't know about you, but as for me, the last thing on my mind when going to attend a wedding reception is food! as a rule, I eat before leaving home. it's not about being a hypocrite.....besides my comment was made on a very light note.
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Kagawa10: 9:31pm On Feb 20, 2017
DonCortino:

Long throat! Just talk say the recession hunga don hook u. grin

Lmao.

Wait, you actually thought it's those few sized meal that feed a human all day? It's no different from refreshments to appreciate your guests who came to celebrate with you and has been staying for hours.

Poverty stricken people with empty skull as yourself won't know this.
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by oloriLFC(f): 10:38pm On Feb 20, 2017
babythug:
grin cheesy cheesy

You forgot to describe what was on your plate.... The size of the meat in particular
the size of a baby's thumb undecided
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by LeoFish92(m): 10:42pm On Feb 20, 2017
seyigiggle:
This is really weird. between weird things happens in recession.
hope you meant ""by the way ""
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Kfed4ril(m): 11:09pm On Feb 20, 2017
Zirah:
Mod pls stop bringing igbo matters to front page. Whether the post is in positive or negative light, I just hate igbos. They are stingy, backward, fraudulent and money-mongers.

This kind of hatred ehh.
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Kfed4ril(m): 11:46pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ioannes:

Oh so it's only Yoruba that gatecrash parties? When will you have sense bros? And you're old o.

Drinks? What do I want to do with spirits?

So when you're hungry you drink spirits abi? Or you drink beer? Poverty mentality really. Drinks should be enough entertainment!? Chai...

You copy Yorubas who set the trend at almost everything (good) in this country, and when we tell you that you're doing it all wrong, you begin to complain.

No sense in that. Take to correction. It's not by force to invite all your village people to your celebration if you live in a face-me-i-slap-you-one-dingy-and-dirty-room apartment.

Ever heard the phrase, cut your clothes according to your cloth?

Shame should catch you if your guests have to be fighting over plate of jolof rice at your wedding (that is if you get shame at all).

This won't be the first time and probably won't be the last time somebody has complained about such concerning your parties especially on this forum.

Serving hot drinks or spraying dollars alone while your guests starve on their seats is in poor taste.

Oga which trend?
Back to the topic everybody can't be the same, Yoruba man goes to a party with the intention to eat while Igbo man goes with the intention to either show his wealth or to drink, that's why the Yoruba celebrant makes sure the food is in excess while the Igbo makes sure drinks is in excess, Shey you get?
Moreover I have been to a couple of really nice Yoruba weddings where once the occasion starts the start sharing the food and you notice that some people after eating will stand up and leave, this might be what the Igbo man is trying to avoid. And I have been to Igbo weddings a guest wouldn't eat but would still present the celebrant gifts.
So it depends.

1 Like

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Nobody: 12:05am On Feb 21, 2017
Kfed4ril:

Oga which trend?
Back to the topic everybody can't be the same, Yoruba man goes to a party with the intention to eat while Igbo man goes with the intention to either show his wealth or to drink, that's why the Yoruba celebrant makes sure the food is in excess while the Igbo makes sure drinks is in excess, Shey you get?
Moreover I have been to a couple of really nice Yoruba weddings where once the occasion starts the start sharing the food and you notice that some people after eating will stand up and leave, this might be what the Igbo man is trying to avoid. And I have been to Igbo weddings a guest wouldn't eat but would still present the celebrant gifts.
So it depends.

I understand that point of view.

A slight correction though, we don't go to parties with the intention to eat, we go with the EXPECTATION that we'll eat. After all it's a party right? ( I know it's a slight distinction, but pardon me, I'm a nitpicker when it comes to word usage).

But I get the distinction in cultural taste that makes our parties so different in planning and execution, and I think you're making quite a lot of sense there.

1 Like

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by baby124: 2:01am On Feb 21, 2017
Chai! Even if I gate crash a party and no food, I scatter the party. Please if you can't afford to feed people, don't do big parties. Party jollof and item 7 is not a play matter in a Nigerian party.
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by whytemon(m): 4:05am On Feb 21, 2017
Ngokafor:

Oga don't base this on tribe evaluate on common sense ground. How do you invite people for your occasion and not be gracious enough to give them common food. If you are so affluent food should be basic. If you v grouped the coolers based on groups at the party, like someone earlier mentioned as the norm in an Igbo party, then let d attendance be strictly by invitation. Then one can know there is a budget Dt should not be exceeded. There's no defense for not serving common food at your occasion. It just questions your pedigree

1 Like

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by seunoni34(m): 5:35am On Feb 21, 2017
NoToPile:
Can someone please explain the role of garden eggs and groundnut at events I can't seem to comprehend it.
I don't get it too. Maybe cos I've not been to any Igbo wedding. It sounds strange
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by metallisc(m): 6:03am On Feb 21, 2017
MARYchiells:
In all you said you didn't mention when you gave money to support the couple. After eating the food you left, that must be your only reason for going there. Akpiri ogologo .

grin grin grin grin grin grin

nwanyi umuahia! oleee? looking cool and funky!
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Ojukwubucket(m): 9:00am On Feb 21, 2017
Op, U don't expect IGBOS to believe ur fake story maybe only d hating low IQ AFONJAS ;DOp, U don't expect IGBOS to believe ur fake story maybe only d hating low IQ AFONJAS
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by MARYchiells(f): 9:46am On Feb 21, 2017
metallisc:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

nwanyi umuahia! oleee? looking cool and funky!

I'm alright, nothing do us. How's your territory?
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 21, 2017
Ngokafor:

Guy you need to calm the hell down.

This isn't about tribal sentiments but the truth.
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by metallisc(m): 12:21pm On Feb 21, 2017
MARYchiells:

I'm alright, nothing do us. How's your territory?

nne ehn! territory dikwa very hot and recessioned! grin grin grin but no shaking!

olee mgbe isi m biawa umuahai?
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by felaismyhero(m): 1:06pm On Feb 21, 2017
symbianDON:

I don't know about you, but as for me, the last thing on my mind when going to attend a wedding reception is food! as a rule, I eat before leaving home. it's not about being a hypocrite.....besides my comment was made on a very light note.
ok
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by mamachizzy(f): 4:22pm On Feb 21, 2017
poor organization that's all
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by ab11baddo(m): 7:46am On Feb 22, 2017
Ngokafor:

......The hunger in Nigeria is real,if you invite one person,at least 10 people will accompany that one person thats why some do theirs 'strictly by invitation'..

...Everything i said about you guys is true..you cry too much for food at parties abeg,what is it??...imagine gate-crashing into parties hoping to score 'rice and a big meat' undecided(mo gbo,mo ya things)...what sort of yeye attitude is that?? You guys complain about small meat in Igbo weddings,forgeting that drinks are usually in abundance...That should be entertainment enough..not borrowing money to entertain each guest with a whole cow each because some people cannot eat in their houses.

...I consider your last statements as inconsequential rants..i will return the favour as brutal as possible if you insult me personally...Mark my words.
u are d epitome of being a bigot
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by haleighaugustu: 9:58am On Jun 09, 2022
A major update in the game's development was released in Feb. 2020. It introduced a new feature called netherite, which improved the performance of tools and armor. If you are curious to know more about immortal servers, check here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Checkout This Customers Bill At Quilox Night Club Yesterday (Photo) / Dwarf Marries Tall Woman In Style .. Photos / Bride & Groom Sleeping On Their Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.