Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,981 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) (24882 Views)

What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? / Indonesian Man Forced To Show Joystick To In-laws To Prove He Didn’t Kill Wife / Woman Flogged By Her Husband, Flees With Her Children (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by tyokunbo(m): 4:19pm On Feb 20, 2017
Source:http://towncrieronline.net/2017/02/20/husbands-family-sells-widows-shop-want-to-sell-building-secured-for-her-children/

It began from a radio programme, but it has gone much more than that, as a widow's in-law want to maltreat her in these tough times. A Facebook user and civil society activist, Osaro Edigin, shares the story to readers. He writes,

EDOCSO STOOD FOR AN OPPRESSED WIDOW:

This building was secured for a widow and her two children whom her late husband's family had determined to sell. They had already sold his shop without thinking how she would take care of the two boys the husband left behind.

Some of the late husband's brothers traveled all the way from the Eastern part of the country just to sell off their brother's properties and share the proceeds.

I want to appreciate Efe Osafomwan of Man Around Town of Independent Radio who draw the attention of Edo Civil Society Organisations to it and action was taken.

The law enforcement agents will soon apprehend those brothers that want to reap where they did not sow. This building belongs to the two sons he left behind not for any brother or sister.

We shall ensure that she is adequately protected from any harm.

NEVER AGAIN WILL ANY PERSON SUFFER UNDUE OPPRESSION IN EDO STATE. OPPRESSION, INTIMIDATION WILL BE FLUSHED OUT.

4 Likes

Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by tyokunbo(m): 4:20pm On Feb 20, 2017
Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 5:22pm On Feb 20, 2017
cry
Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
Karma is a bi.tch!.

If i were her, i will let them sell all his properties even if it includes sharing their late brother's clothes. Then sell even my clothes to send my two sons to school. If they don't beg for forgiveness their kids will on their
behalf.

Foolish lot!.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by Drazeen(m): 5:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
how are we sure he wasnt killed by those same people wanting to sell the properties.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by Lasskeey: 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2017
Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by Israeljones(m): 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2017
21st century people still indulge in this stone-age act

8 Likes

Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by Profkomolafe(m): 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2017
(in 2baba's voice) which kain world we dey, wey man is so unkind to mankind, so unkind to mankind, eeh_yeh_yeh_

1 Like

Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by livinus009(m): 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2017
Benin Again!!!!
Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by Akan(m): 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2017
Is that the building they are fighting her for? This one is beyond the ordinary

11 Likes

Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by drightguy(m): 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2017
Na wa.
Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by ffrreeee(f): 5:25pm On Feb 20, 2017
Dunno why some people are just heartless.
I wonder what they will do if it's a mansion

4 Likes

Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by Greenbullet(m): 5:26pm On Feb 20, 2017
one of the benefits of court marriage

1 Like

Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by Lasskeey: 5:26pm On Feb 20, 2017

Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by purity22(f): 5:26pm On Feb 20, 2017
Some families are just prayer item
Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by Jodano: 5:27pm On Feb 20, 2017
Greed selfishness and some dirty cultural practices are what kept us where we are.

1 Like

Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by Mopolchi: 5:28pm On Feb 20, 2017
Na waa
Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by magicminister: 5:28pm On Feb 20, 2017
How will they sell it if they don't have C/O?

1 Like

Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by Tpave(m): 5:28pm On Feb 20, 2017
African mentality
Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by officialJP(m): 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2017
i no dem na afooooooojaaaaaaa u no d rest and it also common with ippppppppppppppooooooo u no d rest
Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by Profkomolafe(m): 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2017
Lasskeey:
undecided
Lasskeey:

Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by Hades2016(m): 5:30pm On Feb 20, 2017
Wicked people dem .....
Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by Guyman02: 5:30pm On Feb 20, 2017
Very good, its time we all learn how to stand for the oppressed
Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by homebase(m): 5:31pm On Feb 20, 2017
I wonder why some people are wickedly wicked
Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
I thought children come first
Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 20, 2017
I know say e go be igbos... They are the worst inlaws when it come to properties.. Especially if you are a wife to them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by kabrud: 5:37pm On Feb 20, 2017
These are the so called "educated" regions engaging in pre-civilisation practices. Imagine, travelling all the way from east just to deprive a widow and orphans of their property.
Infact, they will start by first accusing the innocent widow of murder.

This is the much trumpeted "education and foreword mentality" as opposed to backwardness. Mtchewww.

1 Like

Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by Chanchit: 5:37pm On Feb 20, 2017
Senseless. As if they are waiting for the man to die.
Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by Factfinder1(m): 5:38pm On Feb 20, 2017
angry
Re: In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) by Nwaoma198(f): 5:38pm On Feb 20, 2017
UNawaoooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need your Advice / Help!! My Father's Brother Wants To Inherit Some Of His Properties / Mother's Day : Drop A Message For Your Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.