Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,183 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

1.4 Million Children May Die From Famine In Nigeria, Three Others – UNICEF - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 1.4 Million Children May Die From Famine In Nigeria, Three Others – UNICEF (452 Views)

Arat Hosseini, Iranian Boy With Six-Pack Now Has 4 Million IG Followers (Photos) / My Sister May Die Soon, I Am Sad / I May Die Before My 28th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

1.4 Million Children May Die From Famine In Nigeria, Three Others – UNICEF by khalifjgusau(m): 9:48am On Feb 21, 2017
Almost 1 . 4 million children suffering from severe malnutrition could die this year from famine in Nigeria , Somalia , South Sudan and Yemen , the UN children’ s agency said Monday.

In Yemen, where war has been raging for nearly two years, 462 ,000 children are suffering from acute malnutrition while 450 , 000 children are severely malnourished in northeast Nigeria .

Fews Net , the famine early warning system , said some remote areas of Nigeria ’s Borno state are already affected by famine since late last year and the disaster is likely to continue as aid agencies are unable to reach those in need .

Drought in Somalia has left 185 ,000 children on the brink of famine but that figure is expected to reach 270 ,000 in the next few months, said UNICEF .

In South Sudan , over 270 ,000 children are malnourished and a famine has just been declared in parts of Unity State in the north of the country , where 20, 000 children live .

UNICEF director Anthony Lake appealed for quick action. “ We can still save many lives ,” he said.

UN Security Council ambassadors are due to travel to northern Nigeria , Cameroon , Chad and Niger next month to draw international attention to the humanitarian crisis triggered by the conflict with Boko Haram militants.

http://punchng.com/1-4-million-children-may-die-famine-nigeria-three-others-unicef/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Re: 1.4 Million Children May Die From Famine In Nigeria, Three Others – UNICEF by beycity(m): 9:52am On Feb 21, 2017
It's a pity most of them will have to pay for the wrong choice of their parents.
Re: 1.4 Million Children May Die From Famine In Nigeria, Three Others – UNICEF by khalifjgusau(m): 10:05am On Feb 21, 2017
beycity:
It's a pity most of them will have to pay for the wrong choice of their parents.
Wallahi you are saying the truth. I still remember how all attributes of failures were cast on Jonathan especially from our side (north). Today the suffering continues in double fold now it is patience you hear ranting in the air. I thank Allah for protecting me from miopia and gullibility...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ways To Lose Weight In A Fun Way / How to make internet money. / Joyetech Evic Primo Mini Kit With Procore Aries Tank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.