Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,207 members, 7,839,109 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari (1539 Views)

President Buhari Visits His Son At The Hospital, Security Tightened / Maina: Presidency Keeps Mum As Winifred Oyo-Ita Implicates Buhari / Presidency Keeps Mum As Senate Blocks Magu Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by Principe67(m): 10:08am On Feb 21, 2017
The security officials at the Abuja House in London have adopted series of new measures to protect President Muhammadu Buhari and those visiting the building which is said to be housing Nigeria’s number one citizen.

According to The Guardian reporter stationed just outside the premises of the building, the officials at the House have stepped up security measures to prevent him or other media men from talking to visitors to the building.

Some of the new measures which have thrown up a high sense of secrecy include:

1. Drivers are now to pack their cars as closely to the building as possible to prevent media men from seeing who the President’s visitors are

2. President Buhari’s visitors are now taken through the back door to protect their identity.

3. Visitors to the building are also barred from talking to media men, like The Guardian’s reporter, who might be waiting just outside the Abuja House’s premises to know how the President’s health is faring.

4. The officials now refuse to answer any calls inquiring about the President’s state of health. As usual, they are directing callers to speak with the Nigerian High Commission which is also in London.

Even Buhari’s family members are bound by the new rules.

The Guardian reports:“Members of President Muhammadu Buhari’s household continued to evade The Guardian’s reporter in London yesterday. They were forced to enter the Abuja House in London through the back door so as not to be seen by the reporter when a Mercedes Jeep bringing them back to the premises arrived around 4:09 p.m.

n sighting the reporter outside the official residence of the Nigerian high commissioner to the United Kingdom, the driver drove very close to the main door and by the time they noticed the reporter had run to the second gate, they didn’t use the front entrance that had been opened by one of the members of staff inside.

“Rather, the vehicle reversed very close to the side door and dropped off the occupants. One of the girls sighted on Sunday looked back carefully, and her eyes and those of the reporter met, before she went in through the side door.”

Recall that a similar report by UK media outfit International Business Times (IBTimes UK) said although President Muahammdu Buhari is said to be in London, his whereabouts in the European city has remained a mystery and it could not confirm the report.

The presidency has maintained that President Buhari is in the UK and released several pictures of him with various visitors and family members but no media house has been able to speak with him.

So what is going on here is the question on everyones lips

culled from a post on the palmchat app: www.palmchatnow.com

1 Like

Re: Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by sorextee(m): 10:10am On Feb 21, 2017
buhari... what a president....
i still dont understand how he came to power..
like those who voted him were hood-winked..
it is well.

if they shld announce the unannouncable, i dnt know if i shld be happy or sad. God forbid tho
let him come back and change his wacky policies, and sack the CBN governor. cos clearly, dat guy is clueless.

3 Likes

Re: Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 10:11am On Feb 21, 2017
VEGETABLE is gone cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by Adedaniel211(m): 10:12am On Feb 21, 2017
I believe one day is one day truth we come out..

1 Like

Re: Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by DonCortino: 10:13am On Feb 21, 2017
The vulture is gone!
Re: Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 10:15am On Feb 21, 2017
Adedaniel211:
I believe one day is one day true we come out..
Re: Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by sorextee(m): 10:16am On Feb 21, 2017
this ur moniker no be here o grin grin

BUHARIISCURSED:
VEGETABLE is gone cheesy

1 Like

Re: Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by KEZDON(m): 10:17am On Feb 21, 2017
why are these people playing with our feelings

it's unfair, as a people we deserve to know some facts about our president

1 Like

Re: Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by sorextee(m): 10:17am On Feb 21, 2017
Adedaniel211:
I believe one day is one day the truth will come out..

1 Like

Re: Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by Principe67(m): 10:17am On Feb 21, 2017
Adedaniel211:
I believe one day is one day truth we come out..

Amen to that

1 Like

Re: Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by Alexk2(m): 10:23am On Feb 21, 2017
Africa leaders still have a long way to go. angry undecided my joy is that our acting president is doing great.

1 Like

Re: Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by stonemasonn: 10:25am On Feb 21, 2017
Buhari is just a stubborn person, his advisers must have advised him to have a media chart with atleast a very friendly media organization like the way the ailing Dieziani charted with Dele Momodu sometimes back. This will go a long way to curtail rumors about him being in a vegetative state.

1 Like

Re: Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by tchimatic(m): 10:33am On Feb 21, 2017
Truly.. Nigeria is a zoo.

1 Like

Re: Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by sosy25: 10:42am On Feb 21, 2017
If the Nigerian media engaged in investigative journalism instead of cash and carry journalism they should have been able to track exactly where Buhari is in London irrespective of the security at Abuja House.

2 Likes

Re: Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by sanandreas(m): 11:10am On Feb 21, 2017
For how long will they keep the president in London house. None of our leaders are different.

1 Like

Re: Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 21, 2017
This is rubbish.Playing a hide and seek game to nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 11:54am On Feb 21, 2017
KEZDON:
my are these people playing with our feelings

it's unfair, as a people we deserve to know some facts about our president
dont you ipods have work to do? Disturbing the peace of the land,
Buhari said you should give him a longer time to rest and you shouldnt be worry.
But now you dont have peace becos you are craving to know if your fellow human being is dead.
And you dont bother about your own death.

1 Like

Re: Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by adadike281(f): 11:57am On Feb 21, 2017
Is buhari dead? why all these hide and seek? why ask us to pray for someone we know nothing about? Who is fooling who here. The president is a public figure so why all these secrecy? The people deserve to know what is really wrong with Mr president, u may not know it but the solution is looking for in London myt equally be found in ondo and more effective too.

1 Like

Re: Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 11:57am On Feb 21, 2017
sanandreas:
For how long will they keep the president in London house. None of our leaders are different.
buhari said he need a longer time to rest,
Is that difficult to undetstand?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by owobokiri(m): 12:08pm On Feb 21, 2017
He should be allowed to rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by KEZDON(m): 1:00pm On Feb 21, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
dont you ipods have work to do? Disturbing the peace of the land,
Buhari said you should give him a longer time to rest and you shouldnt be worry.
But now you dont have peace becos you are craving to know if your fellow human being is dead.
And you dont bother about your own death.

I refuse to join issues with you coz that's not my style, I will never bring myself down to ur level...

Peace

2 Likes

Re: Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by Vision4God: 1:52pm On Feb 21, 2017
Hhhmmm
God help Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Security Tightened At Abuja House In London As Presidency Keeps Silent On Buhari by Principe67(m): 10:30am On Feb 22, 2017
amen
Vision4God:
Hhhmmm
God help Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Absolves Obiano Of Blame / Biafra>>river State Women Protest. / BREAKING NEWS:- Bobrisky Arrested In Lagos (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.