Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,887 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN (5246 Views)

Yemi Osinbajo Swears In Onnoghen As CJN (Photos) / Osinbajo Sends Onnoghen’s Name To Senate For Confirmation As CJN / Acting President Prof Osinbanjo Set To Send Onoghen's Name For Senate Confirmati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by comos: 4:33pm On Feb 21, 2017
ABUJA- THE Senate Tuesday formally confirmed the appointing Justice Walter Samuel Nkanu Onnoghen as Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN.

Reading Osinbajo’s letter on Onnoghen dated 7th February, 2017, Saraki noted that the senate was urged to confirm Onnoghen pursuant to Section 231 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

The letter read, “Following the recommendation of the National Judicial Council(NJC), I hereby notify you of the appointment of Hon. Justice Walter Onnoghen as Chief Justice of Nigeria(CJN). ” The Senate President is requested to kindly present the said appointment of the Honourable Justice Onnoghen for confirmation by the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, pursuant to section 231(1) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. ” Please accept, Mr. Senate President, the assurances of my highest regards.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/02/senate-confirms-buhari-osinbajos-letters-extension-vacation-appointment-onnoghen-cjn/

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by Kyase(m): 4:33pm On Feb 21, 2017
grin
See headline and see the main news.
Chai

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 4:34pm On Feb 21, 2017
PDP has won grin

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 21, 2017
Lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked shocked shocked shocked

Someone wake me when Alhaji Magu is confirmed grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by Aufbauh(m): 4:34pm On Feb 21, 2017
I'd hope all the blackmail and histrionic by ethno-religious police will come to an end with the confirmation of Onnoghen as the CJN.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by Kyase(m): 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2017
BUHARIISCURSED:
PDP has won grin
Win wetin

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 4:37pm On Feb 21, 2017
Kyase:

Win wetin
keep calm and watch grin

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by three: 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2017
It's about time!

*modified*

Kyase:
grin
See headline and see the main news.
Chai

comos:
The letter read, “Following the recommendation of the National Judicial Council(NJC), I hereby notify you of the appointment of Hon. Justice Walter Onnoghen as Chief Justice of Nigeria(CJN). ” The Senate President is requested to kindly present the said appointment of the Honourable Justice Onnoghen for confirmation by the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, pursuant to section 231(1) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. ” Please accept, Mr. Senate President, the assurances of my highest regards.”

This only CONFIRMS receipt of the letter!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by kinibigdeal(m): 4:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
Good for our democracy

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by AngelicBeing: 4:52pm On Feb 21, 2017
Keneking:
Lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked shocked shocked shocked

By the powers invested in me as the President and commander in chief of the armed forces of Nigeria, with the support of the National assembly, l hereby confirm Magu, Magu, you have my backing, go after all the thieves and corrupt men in both APC / PDP wink

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by ItzHoludex(m): 4:57pm On Feb 21, 2017
confused set of people

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by obailala(m): 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2017
BUHARIISCURSED:
PDP has won grin
Hmmm.. didnt know Justice Onoghen was a card carrying PDP member?

Wailers just desperately attaching themselves to anything positive... Chaii! grin

8 Likes

Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by ephi123(f): 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2017
Finally. Buhari kept dragging this man's confirmation. Well, what will be will be.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by sylva1(m): 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2017
I wonder why it took this govt this long to do what they knew they would eventually do. This is setting a wrong precedence.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by MagicEmpire: 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2017
Finally

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by mckazzy(m): 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2017
can he fast track the hearing of commonwealth looters cases? by doing so i will take him serious and see him as a man that have the interest of the country in mind.
Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by Phatbutty: 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2017
Be unbias with judgements. God help u
Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by Realdeals(m): 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2017
That's good for the sake of Federal character.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by Rolings: 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2017
MAGU IS NEXT
Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by Flochinny: 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2017
Finally.... Good for our democracy..the rule of law stands Firm!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by tribalistseun: 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2017
Buhari is a coward

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by Onabanj(m): 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2017
Hmmm, at last!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by SalamRushdie: 5:05pm On Feb 21, 2017
God pass man..Buhari's refused to to confirm this man but today he has been confirmed

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by Oba22: 5:05pm On Feb 21, 2017
Waiting for Magu's confirmation

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by clems88(m): 5:06pm On Feb 21, 2017
Keneking:

point of correction its sonfirmed grin
Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 21, 2017
So he is an alumnus from the school of Acting?

Beaurrifuul

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by jarkbauer: 5:07pm On Feb 21, 2017
Nairaland why push this to frontpage. He is yet to be confirmed at all. Bukola just read the letter thats all.
Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by Icecomrade: 5:08pm On Feb 21, 2017

Another dividend of Buhari's absence
Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by demolinka(m): 5:10pm On Feb 21, 2017
Wailers will still come n hate on Buhari!!!
Re: Breaking: Senate Sonfirm Onoghen As CJN by Viergeachar: 5:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
O my!

So the "mere commissioner" can actually see to the confirmation of Onnoghen

Will Onnoghen waste time in swearing him in as substantive president in due course, God willing?

What sayest thous, thou loooonatics from the yEast aka yEasterners? grin grin

(1) (2)

Breaking:Amaechi, ALL Ministers From The South-east Missing From Osibanjo's List / ANALYSIS: Digitalising Nigeria’s Oil Operations For Maximum Efficiency / Why Atiku Must Pick This Person As VP If He Wants To Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.