Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Common 'madness' In Lagos? - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Common 'madness' In Lagos? (32000 Views)

Madness As Nigerian Man Buries Mother In Hummer Jeep! (pic) / What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? / The Madness In Other Countries: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by bandely(m): 8:58pm On Dec 20, 2009
Lagos na wa! grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by axeman85(m): 9:42pm On Dec 20, 2009
only in lagos will u see school student at the busstop begging for people to lap them to their destination or beg for transport fare.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by sandee575(f): 9:24am On Dec 21, 2009
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos?
« #317 on: December 18, 2009, 07:33 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: sandee575 on December 18, 2009, 06:42 PM
It is only in Nigerian airports that you will see toilet cleaners permanently
positioned inside the toilets and patronising the users for tips while offering
such services as issuing toilet paper, water bottles etc. The gender doesnt even
matter as women are to be found in male toilets watching as the guys are facing
the urinals and shaking their thing.

You never go club for europe be that.

The post is about airport not night club
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 9:50am On Dec 21, 2009
omohwunmmy:

Mad lagos and crazy lagosians. grin makes living in Lagos interesting. I luv my lagos. i would rather be here than anywhere else!

@Gtay, holla.

Omohwunmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cheesy happy xmas to u in advance! kiss
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 10:06am On Dec 21, 2009
otukpo:

IN LAGOS, HUMAN BEINGS SIT ON TOP OF A MOVING TRAIN TO GET TO THEIR DETINATIONS ESP ALONG THE ABULE-EGBA-IKEJA- OSHODI AXIS.

SORRY, NO PIC AVAILABLE.

grin But this happens in India as well, There's even a video on the internet of one indian guy who died after being electrocuted by high tension wires while sitting atop a moving train!

Back to topic,

To be a Condutor in Lagos You must be strong and physically fit! grin
The average Conductor gets into a fight at least once a day!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by agabaI23(m): 8:05pm On Dec 21, 2009
sandee575:

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos?
« #317 on: December 18, 2009, 07:33 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The post is about airport not night club

Toilet na toilet, abi airport toilets get gold seaters?
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2009
axeman85:

only in lagos will u see school student at the busstop begging for people to lap them to their destination or beg for transport fare.

looooooool, I don do am b4, use money buy puff puff and yugurt for break time, come dye find brother lap me grin that was Junior Sec Sch sha,
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by siapaya(m): 4:23am On Dec 23, 2009
Why no more replies?? I miss it much,
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Approved1(f): 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2009
Madness SIGN on wall of very large Church Yaba, Lagos: The funniest public display I have ever seen.

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by agabaI23(m): 2:35pm On Dec 23, 2009
That's a decent sign if you ask me. I like that church though. I hope they still maintain it.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by denzel2009: 2:47pm On Dec 23, 2009
This church no dey take am easy oh, coiled hair is not allowed se e ti gbo!

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by denzel2009: 2:51pm On Dec 23, 2009
Ok some people on NL might find this information very useful seeing as we are heading into the new year.

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by chrisical(m): 2:59pm On Dec 23, 2009
This is serious smiley
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by agabaI23(m): 3:00pm On Dec 23, 2009
Bamitism grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by azeezbaba(m): 4:10pm On Dec 23, 2009
It is only in Lagos that you will see people buying fuel in gallons at the filling stations and the fuel attendants give priorities to the people buying in gallons over people that come with their cars.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 24, 2009
i just cant help loving my crazy city!!!!!!were crazy stuffs is normal grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by denzel2009: 4:53pm On Dec 24, 2009
Warning

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 11:15pm On Dec 24, 2009
^^^ lol Una no go kill person shocked

@ denzel09 hope you were not trying to grab some o that maize oh shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by denzel2009: 12:34am On Dec 25, 2009
GTay:

^^^ lol Una no go kill person shocked

@ denzel09 hope you were not trying to grab some o that maize oh shocked shocked grin grin grin

The guy sabi the equipment u go use to eat the maize na, grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by chrisical(m): 8:42pm On Dec 25, 2009
Official thread of the year
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by siapaya(m): 10:03am On Dec 28, 2009
do they did some of the craziness they did in Indonesia? Like selling food with textile colouring agent, or making ice cube from undrinkable tap water?
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by iyapony(m): 9:56am On Dec 29, 2009
lwkmd!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by apeena: 6:01am On Jan 04, 2010
@Poster, thanks for this thread. this is one of the most hilarious posts I have come across in NL. Each time I visit home to naija, I just love the eccentricities of everything happening around me. Very interesting never a dull moment in Lagos, the best spot in world grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by siapaya(m): 4:15am On Jan 12, 2010
So, the Lagos madness are only untill page 11 ?
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Spader9(m): 5:05am On Jan 12, 2010
Southside Chicago is worse!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by denzel2009: 2:29pm On Jan 14, 2010
Bra mukaila is an expert on the national grid.

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by tEsLim(m): 1:20am On Jan 21, 2010
1. only in lagos did a beggar after begging me in traffic for about a minute got angry and pulled out gun and asked me to wind down (robbed me). Oshodi express traffic, since then I swore I will never drive on the last lane close to the culverts.

2. Only in Lagos area I used to live a nepa staff always goes to transformer to remove fuse. I think he's incharge of the area. But one day he was beefing another neighbor and noticed the guy wanted to iron his cloths ran down to transformer in hurry to remove fuse. But got electrocuted

3. Only in Lagos did a police pulled me over, searched my phone, car, etc and nothing even decided to come search my office without warrant and afterwards begged me for money for his trouble sad said he was doing his job , thats happened when i moved to the mainland its not so on the island i mean vi / lekki axises

4. Only in Lagos you see super sacrifices at T-Junctions. Sometimes whole ram!!!!!

5. Only in Lagos everybody wants a tip for what they've already been paid salary to do. Mostly bank gatemen etc

6. Only in Lagos you have to dress very casual+simple and park your vehicle far away before buying stuff from market woman/shops else you will be over-charged!!!!

7. Only in Lagos you willl your mechanic give you a list of spare parts he wants to buy without including transportation and finally charges you N1,000 for his own job. You thinking he's a nice guy not knowing you have been murdered in the spare part that is originally 5k and he told you its 12k). Same apply to carpenter, electrician etc. Buy materials yourself and just pay them off

8. Only in Lagos will your landlord be devicing ways to send you outta the house so he can get new tenant and get new agreement and damages fee smiley

9. Only in Lagos have I blacklisted some streets, and certain areas as no go area. Because of high crime rate, even police robbing drivers etc.

10. Only in Lagos did someone called me on bike and was telling me a telephone number to store on my phone and by the time i got down from bike I'd forgotten but bike man reminded me. And I was shocked to see how this guy could be a potential stalker and serial killer if he wanted.

11. Only in Lagos will you see a police man walk into a restaurant with AK-47 and other riffles. He wanna eat at the canteen too. I've seen this twice and was scared taught I was being robbed again. Sometimes they dont even wear uniforms maybe some stupid mopol polos

12. Only in Lagos you pay for the same land twice from Omonile.

Though my list may sound boring now, I used to be real Lagosian back when I go on the molue and danfo buses daily and visited some real hood. Bariga, mushin, oshodi, ajegunle, mile2, ketu, isale eko, iyana paja and things. Now I'm more routine to certain area. Police in those places are so hardcore too. They can shoot you for N20. Haven't be too real places in years or stood at bus stop. sad I miss living lagos like a lagosian but dont pray I go back to molue, okada and stuff sha.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by 1stknight(m): 1:38am On Jan 25, 2010
Only in Lagos dat a madman wil kom 2 d window of ur car/bus and slap u.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by harakiri(m): 2:48am On Jan 25, 2010
tEsLim:

1. only in lagos did a beggar after begging me in traffic for about a minute got angry and pulled out gun and asked me to wind down (robbed me). Oshodi express traffic,  since then I swore I will never drive on the last lane close to the culverts.

2. Only in Lagos area I used to live a nepa staff always goes to transformer to remove fuse. I think he's incharge of the area. But one day he was beefing another neighbor and noticed the guy wanted to iron his cloths ran down to transformer in hurry to remove fuse. But got electrocuted

3.  Only in Lagos did a police pulled me over, searched my phone, car, etc and nothing even decided to come search my office without warrant and afterwards begged me for money for his trouble sad  said he was doing his job ,  thats happened when i moved to the mainland its not so on the island i mean vi / lekki axises

4. Only in Lagos you see super sacrifices at T-Junctions. Sometimes whole ram!!!!!

5. Only in Lagos everybody wants a tip for what they've already been paid salary to do. Mostly bank gatemen etc

6. Only in Lagos you have to dress very casual+simple and park your vehicle far away before buying stuff from market woman/shops else you will be over-charged!!!!

7. Only in Lagos you willl your mechanic give you a list of spare parts he wants to buy without including transportation and finally charges you N1,000 for his own job. You thinking he's a nice guy not knowing you have been murdered in the spare part that is originally 5k and he told you its 12k). Same apply to carpenter, electrician etc. Buy materials yourself and just pay them off

8. Only in Lagos will your landlord be devicing ways to send you outta the house so he can get new tenant and get new agreement and damages fee smiley

9. Only in Lagos have I blacklisted some streets, and certain areas as no go area. Because of high crime rate, even police robbing drivers etc.

10. Only in Lagos did someone called me on bike and was telling me a telephone number to store on my phone and by the time i got down from bike I'd forgotten but bike man reminded me. And I was shocked to see how this guy could be a potential stalker and serial killer if he wanted.

11. Only in Lagos will you see a police man walk into a restaurant with AK-47 and other riffles. He wanna eat at the canteen too. I've seen this twice and was scared taught I was being robbed again. Sometimes they dont even wear uniforms maybe some silly mopol polos

12. Only in Lagos you pay for the same land twice from Omonile.

Though my list may sound boring now,  I used to be real Lagosian back when I go on the molue and danfo buses daily and visited some real hood. Bariga, mushin, oshodi, ajegunle, mile2, ketu, isale eko, iyana paja and things.  Now I'm more routine to certain area. Police in those places are so hardcore too. They can shoot you for N20. Haven't be too real places in years or stood at bus stop. sad I miss living lagos like a lagosian but dont pray I go back to molue, okada and stuff sha.

This is as real as it gets. . .lol

On the side note, I'm intend leaving the mainland anytime soon. How much would a decent/spacious 2-bedroom flat cost me in lekki phase 1/its environs?
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 25, 2010
tEsLim:

1. only in lagos did a beggar after begging me in traffic for about a minute got angry and pulled out gun and asked me to wind down (robbed me). Oshodi express traffic, since then I swore I will never drive on the last lane close to the culverts.

grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by ayettymama(f): 8:22pm On Jan 25, 2010
im sorry to say
but lagosians are monkeys!!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by IBOGIRL1: 4:00pm On Jan 30, 2010
Its only in lagos, pple steal ur pot of food almost cooked n dis is no joke.(happened in my compound, d poor woman came out 2behold a flaming stove wit notin atop it). Lol. Can stil remember d commotion it cursed. Its only in lagos u get a married man peeping a woman taking her bath. Its only in lagos,My AJEGUNLE CITY 2B PRECISE. Dat when its 9.O0 clock n the light is taken, u c pple runnin 2anybodys house just2 watch PALOMA N DIEGO or anyoda popular soapopera of d czin.(stranger or no stranger, as far as d person in concern has a generator working.) GIVE ME LAG, ANYDAY ANYTIME[b][/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

What Are These Words In Bini Language / El-Rufai Appoints Ahmed Nuhu Bamalli As Emir Of Zazzau / Ooni: "Adam And Eve Were Created In Ile-Ife, They Were Blacks"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.