Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:35 AM

Corruption Gets A New Meaning - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption Gets A New Meaning (1100 Views)

Man Who Praised Buhari In A Salon In Benin Gets A Hug / Corruption Gets A Boost At Dino Melaye’s Book Launch By Joe Igbokwe / The Handler Of EFCC NIGERIA Twitter Handle Gets A Letter Of Recommendation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption Gets A New Meaning by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 22, 2017
Under ex President Goodluck E. Jonathan, steal was classified as not corruption.

Under President Muhammad Buhari, bribery if classified as a gift is not corruption.

Guess the definition of corruption by the next President of Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 22, 2017
Lair. Stealing is Not corruption says Jonathan.

Buhari never give any lawyer or judge gift in his entire life. So your thread is full of rubbish.

By the time next president will come, We pray Buhari has already sensitize the system.
Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 22, 2017
FriendChoice:
Lair. Stealing is Not corruption says Jonathan.

Buhari never give any lawyer or judge gift in his entire life. So your thread is full of rubbish.

By the time next president will come, We pray Buhari has already sensitize the system.

Are you saying the witness is lying or me?

4 Likes

Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 22, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

What did the witness said?

" Buhari give or ordered bribe/gift to be given to so so ? is that?
Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 22, 2017
FriendChoice:

An extract of the witness statement as reported.

An operative of the SSS, Babatunde Adepoju, who led investigations into the allegations, confirmed on Tuesday that he had been told, during interrogation of Mr. Agi, that a gift of N500, 000 was sent through Mr. Buhari’s lawyer, Kola Awodehin, to Mr. Ademola.

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 22, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

An extract of the witness statement as reported.

An operative of the SSS, Babatunde Adepoju, who led investigations into the allegations, confirmed on Tuesday that he had been told, during interrogation of Mr. Agi, that a gift of N500, 000 was sent through Mr. Buhari’s lawyer, Kola Awodehin, to Mr. Ademola.

So. I couldn't see where Buhari ordered a gift or ask his lawyer to give gift on his behalf. Even the lawyer has denied giving a gift to Mr.Judge on behalf of Buhari.

So you can come up with new lies that "Buhari said gift is not corruption"
Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 22, 2017
Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 22, 2017
FriendChoice:

So. I couldn't see where Buhari ordered a gift or ask his lawyer to give gift on his behalf. Even the lawyer has denied giving a gift to Mr.Judge on behalf of Buhari.

Are you saying that part of the witness story is false while the rest are true?

1 Like

Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 22, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

Are you saying that part of the witness story is false while the rest are true?

What you're saying is different from what the withnes said. Read again.

He never said Buhari give or ordered his lawyer.
Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 22, 2017
FriendChoice:

What you're saying is different from what the withnes said. Read again.

He never said Buhari give or ordered his lawyer.

Yes!
If he did not order the payment how did the witness knew about the money and the connections?

First note that the witness was called to witness against not for.

The only defense here is to produce the said certificate.
Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 22, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

Yes!
If he did not order the payment how did the witness knew about the money and the connections?

First note that the witness was called to witness against not for.

The only defense here is to produce the said certificate.

The witness never in anyway have that knowledge Buhari give a gift. What he knows is, the lawyer in question is Buhari lawyer. And even you can know who is his lawyer before the court.
Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 22, 2017
FriendChoice:

The witness never in anyway have that knowledge Buhari give a gift. What he knows is, the lawyer in question is Buhari lawyer. And even you can know who is his lawyer before the court.

It Is not Buhari lawyer that is known by the witness but the money that exchanged hand. The middleman in this exchange happen to be buhari lawyer.
Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 22, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

It Is not Buhari lawyer that is known by the witness but the money that exchanged hand. The middleman in this exchange happen to be buhari lawyer.

Yes it happens to be Buhari lawyer and He is lawyer to other people also. Go back and read the previous post I give a link to what the lawyer said about the so called bribe.
Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 22, 2017
FriendChoice:

Yes it happens to be Buhari lawyer and He is lawyer to other people also. Go back and read the previous post I give a link to what the lawyer said about the so called bribe.

What the lawyer said is of no consequence until be becomes a witness and all the statements of the witness set aside as false.

As I said the only proof is for Buhari to show his certificate.

OK

What do you expect the lawyer to say before?

That he gave bribe abi?

3 Likes

Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 22, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

What the lawyer said is of no consequence until be becomes a witness and all the statements of the witness set aside as false.

As I said the only proof is for Buhari to show his certificate.

OK

What do you expect the lawyer to say before?

That he gave bribe abi?

I ask you to point out in the statement where the witness said Buhari give or ordered his lawyer to give bribe on his behalf. You could not.

Bribe of N500, 000 by a presidential candidate. isn't that funny to you. What is five hundred thousand naira not dollar to a judge that hold a high case of this type?

Buhari remain innocent until you provide evidence he give or ordered else swerve.
Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 22, 2017
FriendChoice:

I ask you to point out in the statement where the witness said Buhari give or ordered his lawyer to give bribe on his behalf. You could not.

Bribe of N500, 000 by a presidential candidate. isn't that funny to you. What is five hundred thousand naira not dollar to a judge that hold a high case of this type?

Buhari remain innocent until you provide evidence he give or ordered else swerve.

500k is too much for a man who could not afford a presidential form my friend. Am even surprise he could cough out such amount.

Till his certificate is tendered as a prove, the witness is right

5 Likes

Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 22, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

500k is too much for a man who could not afford a presidential form my friend. Am even surprise he could cough out such amount.

Till his certificate is tendered as a prove, the witness is right

But its too small for the judge. The witness never said Buhari ordered or give. But you agent of hate are giving it meaning.

He is over innocent until proven otherwise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 22, 2017
FriendChoice:

But its too small for the judge. The witness never said Buhari ordered or give. But you agent of hate are giving it meaning.

No money is too small for bribe

Over innocent mean not innocent - don't judge yet.

For your information, no one is condemning him or the lawyer. We are just too shocked to believe this considering how the judges threw such weighty case as a certificate saga out.

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 22, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

No money is too small for bribe

Over innocent mean not innocent - don't judge yet.

For your information, no one is condemning him or the lawyer. We are just too shocked to believe this considering how the judges threw such weighty case as a certificate saga out.

My point is: Buhari remain innocent on the alleged Bribe he gave.
Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by eagleeye2: 9:40pm On Feb 22, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

Chai. you get time to argue with Zone B.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by eagleeye2: 9:42pm On Feb 22, 2017
FriendChoice:

Exactly what I expected. Bring out the RULE BOOK because it concerns buhari and his lawyer giving GIFTS. Throw the RULEBOOK away once its the opposition.
Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by plaetton: 9:43pm On Feb 22, 2017
FriendChoice:

Too small for the judge, but the gift was accepted anyway ?

My friend, your emperor has no clothes. The SAINTLY robe is invisible.
Only sycophants like you have gift of seeing it.
grin
Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by plaetton: 9:46pm On Feb 22, 2017
FriendChoice:

Lol.
Really ?
Fine.
Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

But , meanwhile , can we have the EFCC detain him, bring him court in handcuffs, and search his houses and bank accounts to see how much cash is stashed away?

What is good for the geese is also good for the gander.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by fallout87: 10:30pm On Feb 22, 2017
FriendChoice:

Look at this hypocrite.

So because they deny it, they aren't lying? When PDP are denying it did you defend them as well?

How many have they detained, illegally searched and harrassed due to empty accusations??

I'm sure they denied it too, so why were they jailed and their homes raped?

The same should happen for Buhari and his lawyer. They set this standard, so let them bare it.
Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by naijaking1: 10:40pm On Feb 22, 2017
FriendChoice:

What did the witness said? ??
I beg don't you have to know basic grammar before getting a job as one of Buhari's Internet warriors?
Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 22, 2017
Don't have the time to reply each of the foolishes above.

Give me evidence Buhari give that gift or ordered his lawyer to do so otherwise shut-up your unbrushed crocodile mouth. Quote me and I won't reply except you provide evidence that Buhari is involve in that case.

Buhari the only incorruptible Nigerian President Ever.
Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by naijaking1: 10:45pm On Feb 22, 2017
FriendChoice:

Seriously?
In Buhari's EFCC allegation is equal to the crime. Go ask all the political opponents being persecuted by Buhari on mere allegations.
Many have lost money, property, reputation, and even lives, because of the allegation is equal to crime policy. And now you have the gut to say that Buhari is innocent upon proven guilty.
Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by naijaking1: 10:48pm On Feb 22, 2017
FriendChoice:
Don't have the time to reply each of the foolishes above.

Give me evidence Buhari give that gift or ordered his lawyer to do so otherwise shut-up your unbrushed crocodile mouth. Quote me and I won't reply except you provide evidence that Buhari is involve in that case.

Buhari the only incorruptible Nigerian President Ever.

Buhari is the biggest thief ever to appear on Nigeria political scene, and people like you simply prove that point.
Re: Corruption Gets A New Meaning by Nobody: 5:43am On Feb 23, 2017
FriendChoice:

You are right but it seems this school of thought only applies to Buhari alone in Nigeria at the moment.

(1) (Reply)

2 Kidnapped, 1 Shot By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Along Abuja-kaduna Road / Senator Dino Melaye: Slams Sahara Reporters / Names Of Lagos Luxury Apartment Owners At Address Where $50m Was Found By EFCC R

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.