Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) (50312 Views)

I Stole My Client's Pant For Money Ritual - Vulcaniser Confesses In Ogun State / Suspected Rapists, Don-chima George And Olusegun Rasak, Arraigned In Court (pic) / "Why I Cut Off My Boyfriend’s Manhood" - 17-Year-Old Girl Confesses In Jigawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by sekundosekundo: 4:23pm On Feb 22, 2017
bezimo:
What a wicked world, when someone prefers prison to your house.It means your house is worse than prison.And you are such a disgusting terrible person that have no business living among rational people.

One of my mentors said "Don't allow people staying with you to be praying for a better place because of how you treat them"

Well said, some people don't understand the condition of this young girl. It's only her and God that can tell what she have went through in the hands of those wicked men.
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by NaWetinDey(m): 4:23pm On Feb 22, 2017
The case of this woman should be amplified and picked up by those who always care to change lives. It's pathetic - when you think of how terrible her life must have been for her to take a prison yard as paradise. God help her and help us.

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by viexcey(f): 4:25pm On Feb 22, 2017
MutantMetahuman:
how did you know this?

Have you been to prison before or what nollywood told you?

Actually, prison is harsh to newbies.

If she didn't find peace there, she wouldn't wanna go back. Init peace of mind what everyone is looking for in this crazy world?
I don't need to be in prison to know that nothing can be used to measure up or compare to one's freedom. Freedom is everything believe me you.
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by tripoli007(m): 4:29pm On Feb 22, 2017
Pidgin2:

I like hearing stories like this

how u take hear am ..hear or read ... na wa ohh grin grin
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 22, 2017
Even Buhari ran to London prison due to debts.

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by MutantMetahuman: 4:35pm On Feb 22, 2017
viexcey:

I don't need to be in prison to know that nothing can be used to measure up or compare to one's freedom. Freedom is everything believe me you.
why should I believe you when you have not been confined before?
You have not been a slave for a minute in your life and you think freedom is the best?

Gerarahia grin
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Daddybright1986(m): 4:36pm On Feb 22, 2017
Bia bia negedu
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 22, 2017
If anyone wants to exchange places with her go ahead. No need to turn this into a political statement. The girl was institutionalized even before going into prison; work routines, meals, sleep and maybe a little on the side. That's the general lot of house helps in most homes.

Instead of talking about reforming the system, we are talking politics. How long has the system been there? Is she suffering because of the economy or because as employers we are heartless and unfeeling?

I thought someone would put this on Causes, gather signatures, get a friendly lawyer to draft a Domestic employee rights bill? No?

Most of the people commenting will be this girls younger sisters problem in a few years time.

Millennials!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by ceejay80s(m): 4:40pm On Feb 22, 2017
jesus500:
She has chosen prison as her ambode.
Edited successfully
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by chubbygal(f): 4:43pm On Feb 22, 2017
Buhari is evil. Is been long I chop this kind of food!

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by viexcey(f): 4:44pm On Feb 22, 2017
MutantMetahuman:
why should I believe you when you have not been confined before?
You have not been a slave for a minute in your life and you think freedom is the best?

Gerarahia grin

I have freedom, that alone tells me what the opposite will be. I mustn't experience accident to tell how bad it is and I mustn't experience Satan to know how good God is. Understand?
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by ATERI(m): 4:48pm On Feb 22, 2017
So after all the stories, is there a female here on Nairaland that can accommodate this girl for free? If you can, then let me know maybe we can set her up for something in life, even if it is petty trade!

EgunMogaji has already told you that this happens all over the world, those that are unfortunate in life are the same everywhere. Some lunatics in the Presidency claimed to have identified some 200K Nigerians that are extremely poor and I ask myself whether there is any state in Nigeria where we won`t find 200k that are extremely poor. Anyway, the same Nigerians that are asking how we manage to get here are the ones that do everything on the basis of ethnicity and religion. Just a pity that it`s the younger generations that are suffering the consequences the most

2 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by jesus500(m): 4:49pm On Feb 22, 2017
ceejay80s:

Edited successfully
you are very funny guy. I like your good sense of humor.
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 22, 2017
What!! A Nigerian Prison has become a holiday resort? shocked
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by MutantMetahuman: 5:03pm On Feb 22, 2017
viexcey:

I have freedom, that alone tells me what the opposite will be. I mustn't experience accident to tell how bad it is and I mustn't experience Satan to know how good God is. Understand?
yes you must to know.

Someone who has expirienced both freedom and confinement is telling us she enjoyed it and u that freedom is all you have ever known is telling her otherwise.
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by viexcey(f): 5:08pm On Feb 22, 2017
MutantMetahuman:
yes you must to know.

Someone who has expirienced both freedom and confinement is telling us she enjoyed it and u that freedom is all you have ever known is telling her otherwise.
Suit yourself then. I'm out
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 22, 2017
What a life!
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 22, 2017
MutantMetahuman:
and what is freedom when you are hungry and living a life without purpose ?
What's this one saying?
U can go n live ur purposeful life in prison na.
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 22, 2017
greenpasture:
If anyone wants to exchange places with her go ahead. No need to turn this into a political statement. The girl was institutionalized even before going into prison; work routines, meals, sleep and maybe a little on the side. That's the general lot of house helps in most homes.

Instead of talking about reforming the system, we are talking politics. How long has the system been there? Is she suffering because of the economy or because as employers we are heartless and unfeeling?

I thought someone would put this on Causes, gather signatures, get a friendly lawyer to draft a Domestic employee rights bill? No?

Most of the people commenting will be this girls younger sisters problem in a few years time.

Millennials!

They are very few reasonable people in Nigeria, and u are one of them. It's so annoying how Nigerians play politics with everything thing. I don't think we are ready for the positive change yet, we still have a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Originalsly: 5:29pm On Feb 22, 2017
Icecomrade:

A country with good social service would take her in and give her a life..

Where are those NGO's parading themselves.

See a case demanding your attention.

Hmmm.... like the US?.....true... Social Services would've placed her in some kind of home (shelter).... but no doubt.... the people she slaved for would've been prosecuted and sentenced to prison..... and.... they would have to compensate her. One Indian doctor and his wife got 25 yrs sentence each for doing same.
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by samsam2019: 5:33pm On Feb 22, 2017
This is the kind of people pastors and churches should help. But all they do is dash cars to celebrities
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Davryme(m): 5:41pm On Feb 22, 2017
Islie:

http://pmexpressng.com/shocking-prefer-remain-prison-26-year-old-maid-confesses-court/

how someone with 2million naira can't afford to pay house girl. what amused me most is the speed at which she was sentenced to prison. If thought this was how d process is fast on our polithievescian, maybe corruption would had b minimal.
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by noziz(m): 5:44pm On Feb 22, 2017
this one brain dey pain her o shocked
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 22, 2017
Sad indeed ! She must have weighed her options. No love, no food, no accommodation, no relative in Lagos to show love to her. What else?.
It's better she remains in prison bah. At least all these are guaranteed in prison.
Just imagine life of an average Nigerian! It is well. God will see us through.
Very soon, the prisons will become too overcrowded to take in more inmates especially those awaiting trial. What happens then?
The patience of Nigerians is gradually expiring. Hope and pray it doesn't get to this point.
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by FTBOY: 5:50pm On Feb 22, 2017
she realized there's no difference between the kirikiri prison and the one we're in out here, figuratively.

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by MutantMetahuman: 5:52pm On Feb 22, 2017
viexcey:
Suit yourself then. I'm out
k
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 22, 2017
I don't have accommodation for her, but we can all put hands together to set her up with no one housing her.
Lemme suggest, let's raise funds for her to get a ddecent one room apartment with 2or 3years paid for, and another 50-100k to set her up in any business of her choice.
If we all contribute our little quota, we can put a smile on her face. Perhaps she is the only hope her family back in benue has. ( the our daughter is in Lagos syndrome).
Let's help her pls.
Thanks for the ideal.God bless you.

ATERI:

So after all the stories, is there a female here on Nairaland that can accommodate this girl for free? If you can, then let me know maybe we can set her up for something in life, even if it is petty trade!

EgunMogaji has already told you that this happens all over the world, those that are unfortunate in life are the same everywhere. Some lunatics in the Presidency claimed to have identified some 200K Nigerians that are extremely poor and I ask myself whether there is any state in Nigeria where we won`t find 200k that are extremely poor. Anyway, the same Nigerians that are asking how we manage to get here are the ones that do everything on the basis of ethnicity and religion. Just a pity that it`s the younger generations that are suffering the consequences the most

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 22, 2017
greenpasture:

Millennials!

That will take months sir, If not years. We have tried to send bills to even decongest the prison and to provide compensation for those who have being in prison custody awaiting trial for a period not less than 5years upon being discharged and acquitted at the end of the day.

At least this will help them pick up and blend back into the society . At least get acoomodation, start something and be useful to their selves and the society. This we felt will help reduce the number of jail birds in Nigeria.

Cos we discovered that some persons upon being released from prison either as inmate or those who were discharged, quickly find their way back to prison because the discrimination from the society even their immediate family is too much to bear.

Some would have lost everything and maybe never be able to pick up again.Also they have gotten acquitted with the life in prison that they become misfit in the outside world.

A good bill you will say right? But did it see the light of the day?
Hell fucking no! It didn't.

It's best we look for a way to contribute the little we can to help her blend back into the society. Show her love, get her a one room apartment, set her up and have her fend for her self.
Take charge of her destiny and maybe mentor her for a while.
That's the best we can do for her.
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by wink2015(m): 6:35pm On Feb 22, 2017
You go eat beans wey never don for naija prison!
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Omoboy(m): 6:45pm On Feb 22, 2017
I Smell lesbianism
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by ephi123(f): 6:49pm On Feb 22, 2017
Yet Nigerians are sooo religious, but we do not fear God in our actions at all. I can imagine what this girl has faced, only because she wanted a better life for herself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldier Kills Fuel Station Attendant In Minna (Graphic) / Profiles Of The Dead In Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack (Photos) / Don Norman Obinna Replies Blackmailer Who Threatens To Leak His Nude Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.