Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks (35231 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Shoe Shining Empowerment In Borno / Dino Melaye On A Stretcher In The Court Room With Ben Murray-Bruce (Photos) / Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by effty(m): 8:07pm On Feb 22, 2017
madridguy:
Twitter warrior.
Face the message ZoneB.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by ajalawole(m): 8:08pm On Feb 22, 2017
Edusouls:
can only 500k bribe a jugde of that level, in such a high profile sensitive case.
even if its 20k when he is handling a case is a bribe. Only if the case is out of court i think is not a bribe. Get sense bro

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 22, 2017
The gift fell off the bribe and the bribe fell off the tree. Even me I don't know where the gift is.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by EROMS38(m): 8:12pm On Feb 22, 2017
Thewrath:
Simple.
It's a gift if it's from a northerner.
It's a bribe if it's from a southerner.
You can thank me later at the galleria in abuja cool.
God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by discusant: 8:14pm On Feb 22, 2017
Ibrahim Babangida as HoS jailed former Minister of Petroleum Prof.Tam David West, because David West got a gift of wristwatch.

Difference is that in Nigeria, northerners are more equal than southerners .
Buhari said that late Abacha was not corrupt.

A Kano City stadium named after the abdolutely corrupt Sani Abacha is one of the most imposing

Buhari was accused of stealing $2 billion in the early 1980s but was not properly investigated till today.

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by soflygerian(m): 8:18pm On Feb 22, 2017
Femi Adesina vs Lai Mohammed. Whose winning the lie war??

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Lagbaja01(m): 8:19pm On Feb 22, 2017
The major difference between bribe and gift is in the counter value
between the given property and the duty of the public official. If the property is given under general social appointment and not related to the duty of the public official, then it is a
gift, not a bribe . source: Google
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by UncleJudax(m): 8:22pm On Feb 22, 2017
vedaxcool:
It is all about the intention. ... like taking a loan without the intention of paying it back
Intention indeed. Do you know the intention of Mr Yakubu for stashing away 10million dols, or Dasuki for sharing arms money or Deziani for holding on to millions of dollars?

Even at that, do you know the intention for the 500k 'gift'?

All these spin doctors sef.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by ajalawole(m): 8:28pm On Feb 22, 2017
UncleJudax:

Intention indeed. Do you know the intention of Mr Yakubu for stashing away 10million dols, or Dasuki for sharing arms money or Deziani for holding on to millions of dollars?

Even at that, do you know the intention for the 500k 'gift'?

All these spin doctors sef.
God bless u.. Someone is even saying 500k is too small to bribe a judge. Even if its 10k, once he is handling a case is a bribe. We can say its a gift when the case is already out of court

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by omsal84(m): 8:29pm On Feb 22, 2017
It was an obvious BRIBE for goodness sake! How on earth will you give a "gift" to a judge handling your case? And finally you didn't produce your WAEC certificate and the same judge struck out your case and you expect to clap for you? "Blind leaders of the blind!"

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by dsocioemmy(m): 8:29pm On Feb 22, 2017
such a shame. ordinary waec result na this president dey offer gift-bribe for abi? waec resultt kwa

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by musicwriter(m): 8:33pm On Feb 22, 2017
I guess the difference is when Buhari gives a bribe its called a gift. But, when someone else gives a bribe it's called a bribe. Maybe that's why he said change begins with you, not him.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by tete7000(m): 8:36pm On Feb 22, 2017
hedonistic:

The problem is this: How do you ascertain "intention"? Is there any scientific way to prove one's intention before the court?

It is simple: Is it morally correct to give gift to a judge who presides over your case? No, it can be inferred you do that to curry a favour. It doesn't need to be explicitly stated, the time when the gift was given says it all.
The danger of this case is: if Buhari's giving is labelled as a gift, how do you prove others' giving as bribe? That creates a legal dilemma for prosecuting team. He who goes to equity they said must go with clean hand.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by KAYD007(m): 8:36pm On Feb 22, 2017
After his tenure,you can initiate a probe on him.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by multicolored(f): 8:37pm On Feb 22, 2017
Buhari is more corrupt than corruption itself.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by castrokins(m): 8:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
Oga, Tackle The Question

Leave Bruce

madridguy:
Twitter warrior.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by jasawa: 8:42pm On Feb 22, 2017
the first you offer it because you're doing someone a favor, the other because you need a favour from someone.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by holaconley: 8:42pm On Feb 22, 2017
This guy is trying to robe our President in. Live him alone I beg u. We believe in him.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by yinks2020: 8:48pm On Feb 22, 2017
500k as gift .you have unemployed graduate around you,. God will ponish all of u.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by BERNIMOORE: 8:52pm On Feb 22, 2017
michoim:
Ask the lawyer and not PMB. You should be educated enough to channel your question to the right person without bias. Or simply let the courts decide.
but it was lawyers that paid money into judge ngwuta account, without a trace to wike yet ngwuta was gestapo-styled manhandled and arraigned as if wike bribed him, what a hypocrite

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by CplusJason: 8:56pm On Feb 22, 2017
Benita27:
I wonder how someone would give a Judge about to try his case a "gift" and expect Nigerians to believe it was a mere "gift".

You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time. ((Abraham Lincoln)).
And you've to quote Abraham, Isaac and Jacob for my "uncorruptable" president? angry

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 22, 2017
CplusJason:
And you've to quote Abraham, Isaac and Jacob for my "uncorruptable" president? angry
"uncorruptible" indeed!.

He's a fraud!. grin

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Luizville(m): 9:04pm On Feb 22, 2017
Yakubu's money$ was a gift too!.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by CplusJason: 9:05pm On Feb 22, 2017
Benita27:
"uncorruptible" indeed!.

He's a fraud!. grin
Hold it right there.....

This man you're a Calling a "fraud" single handedly save the economy of this nation....

He made us number 1 in africa.

Can't you feel the positive change Benita? angry

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 22, 2017
CplusJason:
Hold it right there.....

This man you're a "fraud" single handedly save the economy of this nation....

He made us number 1 in africa.

Can't you feel the positive change all over? angry
Sarcasm!. grin cheesy
How are you?.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by CplusJason: 9:10pm On Feb 22, 2017
Benita27:
Sarcasm!. grin cheesy
How are you?.
I'm delicious..... And how is the beautiful benny doing? smiley
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 22, 2017
CplusJason:
I'm delicious..... And how is the beautiful benny doing? smiley
I am fine. I missed you sha!. grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by xpool(m): 9:14pm On Feb 22, 2017
sekundosekundo:

Is that your final answer?.
No, he will walk away!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by nkemjacob2(m): 9:14pm On Feb 22, 2017
buhari is not corrupt oooooooo. Nigerians APC is a scam.... LISTEN MMM is reliable than APC.... their no way buhari with fight corruption without him been stain.... USELESS COUNTRY....

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by eagleeye2: 9:15pm On Feb 22, 2017
Youngzedd:
Still from the same Twitter Senator that borrowed 11 Billion from the bank for biz (owanbe) and never serviced his debt before the company was taken over by the government (AMCON).

It could be a 'GIFT'.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by CplusJason: 9:16pm On Feb 22, 2017
Benita27:
I am fine. I missed you sha!. grin
Hmmm! cool

I miss you more.

Oya give me that your pretty smile. smiley
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by eagleeye2: 9:16pm On Feb 22, 2017
Luizville:
Yakubu's money$ was a gift too!.
GBAM. GBAMER GBAMEST

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Nigerian Based In Turkey Dares Okorocha, Ikpeazu, Umahi To Visit Turkey. / Inspector General Of Police Storms Kafanchan Over Mass Killings In Kaduna.Photos / Exclusive Pictures Of Weapons Captured By Local Hunters In Adamawa State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.